Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,153 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:12 AM

How I Was Scammed Of N500 And I Gladly Worked Away! - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How I Was Scammed Of N500 And I Gladly Worked Away! (655 Views)

Ogun Hotel Where Underage Girls Sleep With Men For N500 And N1,000 / Man Commits Suicide After He Was Scammed Of 6 Months Visa By An Agent / Alfa Dupes Lady Of N500,000 After Engaging Her In ‘Sex Deliverance’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Was Scammed Of N500 And I Gladly Worked Away! by duwell(m): 12:08pm On Jun 14, 2020
How I was scammed of N500 and I gladly worked away!

So on This day, I left home to go buy some materials for work. I live at Uyo, Akwa Ibom state.
I entered bus from Ikot Ekpene road to where they call Plaza. I was now trekking to Aka road. Then as I was passing the place by Qua Iboe Church I met one trickster that plays with cards, (but this one used three customized packs where one of it had someone's face).

As I was about to pass there, I saw lots of people gathering around, THEN I saw one guy who said something like, 'NO way in fact I'm ready to stake my phone'. I was like seriously? Someone is ready to stake his phone for this thing he'll obviously loose the phone? Of course I can't tell him not to, so this made me want to wait and see what will happen as he's about to loose his phone. An Android phone. Looked like Tecno Spark 4, the same phone I'm using.. undecided undecided

He stepped up to play again, but said, NO, he wants to play with 1k shocked so that he will not lose his phone. I was like, now u don Sabi body.
But then since I already stopped, I still wanted to see how he'll lose the 1k cos I've never heard of anyone or seen anyone win against those tricksters.
The trickster opened his cards and showed him the one with the face and closed it, shuflled it with just 2 or 3 whips which is very easy to know which one it is. Then asked him to place his finger on the one that he thinks is the one with the face, he placed one of his finger. He told him to lift it off, he did and was wrong so he lost the 1k, and the trickster looked around and asked; 'who saw the correct one?' me n like 2 oda persons said they saw it, he looked to me and said which one is it. I pointed to the far left, he opened and I was right. He said you've won 5h. Bring out 5h and collect the 1k that was in his hand. I said NO that I don't want. That I just showed you doesn't mean I played. Everyone there said, 'aaahh take it na, you just won N500. Give him 500 and take the 1k'. I reluctantly took out 5h to collect the 1k and move. The guy collected the N500 and held on to the 1k he was to give me, said that I only pointed to it, that I should play it now to win it I begin vex say he should return my money. Everyone said, I should play it that I'll win again. I said NO. It was clear that I can't get the money from him again.
All the people there are his people and no one will ever be on my side, besides I don't even have the strength to make trouble there and win, not to talk of the fact that it's risky being seen there for one minute. People that know me might see me there and wonder why someone like me that doesn't believe this kind of thing is doing playing that. I just wanted to leave and forget the 5h.
Then he made a suggestion for me and the other guy that lost 1k: he said he wants to give us back our money but that we must promise to bring back customers to him. The other quickly agreed. He got me to agree too. So the both of us where to play at the same time and win back our money.
He shuffled it, very simple and the one that is correct is very easy to see, he said we should place each of our fingers on the correct one, the other guy quickly placed his own, me I was reluctant to place cos my instincts tells me, once I place my finger, the thing will not be there. I know it's jazz. Everyone once again said place your finger na, I placed but just took it off, immediately, he said I'm too impatient, that I should place it back. That it's the only way it's going to work. I did again.
Then he said that we should bring out all the money in our pockets for him to see, I wondered why? Before I could know, the other guy that lost 1k took out money from his pocket, money that was not less than 15k cos I saw lots of 1k notes and a few N500 notes, boooom he collected it and the guy did not even bother. I wondered why he will hand out his money to same guy that if your money enters his hand you can't get it back,, (oh, is it because he promised to return our monies to us and you believe him). I told myself I can't be this stupid to give out the remaining 4k in my wallet to this guy to hold again.
I quickly lifted off my finger from that stuff and said, I don't want my money back again, that he should take it, since I have to give him my remaining money before I can get back my N500. You're mad people �
That is how I stormed out. Lost 5h gallantly and zoomed away. They called me back, 'come back', 'you'll win it'. 'Ah don't go na'. One came to me as I was walking away, that I Bleep up, I should not leave my money like that.
Immediately I left, my mind told me that the other guy, the one that wanted to stake his phone was one of them, that's how they do to draw unsuspecting people.
Re: How I Was Scammed Of N500 And I Gladly Worked Away! by Davash222(m): 12:16pm On Jun 14, 2020
Sorry.

This is one of the oldest scam in Nigeria..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Scammed Of N500 And I Gladly Worked Away! by adewumiopeyemi(m): 12:17pm On Jun 14, 2020
Na greedy lead you there

They are many in under bridge ikeja

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Was Scammed Of N500 And I Gladly Worked Away! by aycapri(m): 12:18pm On Jun 14, 2020
Lol
Re: How I Was Scammed Of N500 And I Gladly Worked Away! by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jun 14, 2020
Nobody can ever win that thing Meanwhile earn up to 2k daily,check link in my signature
Re: How I Was Scammed Of N500 And I Gladly Worked Away! by Xristars(m): 12:30pm On Jun 14, 2020
lol.
that year for Lagos, as a boy with mum at tradefair. I saw them, I pointed out the correct card too. The guy asked me to bring 5h collect 1k, which I didn't have anyway, I asked mom to lend me 5h. She just waka leave me. Naso I run follow her oo.
This was 10years ago.

4 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed Of N500 And I Gladly Worked Away! by duwell(m): 12:38pm On Jun 14, 2020
adewumiopeyemi:
Na greedy lead you there

They are many in under bridge ikeja

Read up again you'll see why I found myself there!
Re: How I Was Scammed Of N500 And I Gladly Worked Away! by duwell(m): 12:39pm On Jun 14, 2020
Xristars:
lol.
that year for Lagos, as a boy with mum at tradefair. I saw them, I pointed out the correct card too. The guy asked me to bring 5h collect 1k, which I didn't have anyway, I asked mom to lend me 5h. She just waka leave me. Naso I run follow her oo.
This was 10years ago.

Mehn,,, so they've been using same trick for ages.
Re: How I Was Scammed Of N500 And I Gladly Worked Away! by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jun 14, 2020
duwell:
How I was scammed of N500 and I gladly worked away!

So on This day, I left home to go buy some materials for work. I live at Uyo, Akwa Ibom state.
I entered bus from Ikot Ekpene road to where they call Plaza. I was now trekking to Aka road. Then as I was passing the place by Qua Iboe Church I met one trickster that plays with cards, (but this one used three customized packs where one of it had someone's face).

As I was about to pass there, I saw lots of people gathering around, THEN I saw one guy who said something like, 'NO way in fact I'm ready to stake my phone'. I was like seriously? Someone is ready to stake his phone for this thing he'll obviously loose the phone? Of course I can't tell him not to, so this made me want to wait and see what will happen as he's about to loose his phone. An Android phone. Looked like Tecno Spark 4, the same phone I'm using.. undecided undecided

He stepped up to play again, but said, NO, he wants to play with 1k shocked so that he will not lose his phone. I was like, now u don Sabi body.
But then since I already stopped, I still wanted to see how he'll lose the 1k cos I've never heard of anyone or seen anyone win against those tricksters.
The trickster opened his cards and showed him the one with the face and closed it, shuflled it with just 2 or 3 whips which is very easy to know which one it is. Then asked him to place his finger on the one that he thinks is the one with the face, he placed one of his finger. He told him to lift it off, he did and was wrong so he lost the 1k, and the trickster looked around and asked; 'who saw the correct one?' me n like 2 oda persons said they saw it, he looked to me and said which one is it. I pointed to the far left, he opened and I was right. He said you've won 5h. Bring out 5h and collect the 1k that was in his hand. I said NO that I don't want. That I just showed you doesn't mean I played. Everyone there said, 'aaahh take it na, you just won N500. Give him 500 and take the 1k'. I reluctantly took out 5h to collect the 1k and move. The guy collected the N500 and held on to the 1k he was to give me, said that I only pointed to it, that I should play it now to win it I begin vex say he should return my money. Everyone said, I should play it that I'll win again. I said NO. It was clear that I can't get the money from him again.
All the people there are his people and no one will ever be on my side, besides I don't even have the strength to make trouble there and win, not to talk of the fact that it's risky being seen there for one minute. People that know me might see me there and wonder why someone like me that doesn't believe this kind of thing is doing playing that. I just wanted to leave and forget the 5h.
Then he made a suggestion for me and the other guy that lost 1k: he said he wants to give us back our money but that we must promise to bring back customers to him. The other quickly agreed. He got me to agree too. So the both of us where to play at the same time and win back our money.
He shuffled it, very simple and the one that is correct is very easy to see, he said we should place each of our fingers on the correct one, the other guy quickly placed his own, me I was reluctant to place cos my instincts tells me, once I place my finger, the thing will not be there. I know it's jazz. Everyone once again said place your finger na, I placed but just took it off, immediately, he said I'm too impatient, that I should place it back. That it's the only way it's going to work. I did again.
Then he said that we should bring out all the money in our pockets for him to see, I wondered why? Before I could know, the other guy that lost 1k took out money from his pocket, money that was not less than 15k cos I saw lots of 1k notes and a few N500 notes, boooom he collected it and the guy did not even bother. I wondered why he will hand out his money to same guy that if your money enters his hand you can't get it back,, (oh, is it because he promised to return our monies to us and you believe him). I told myself I can't be this stupid to give out the remaining 4k in my wallet to this guy to hold again.
I quickly lifted off my finger from that stuff and said, I don't want my money back again, that he should take it, since I have to give him my remaining money before I can get back my N500. You're mad people �
That is how I stormed out. Lost 5h gallantly and zoomed away. They called me back, 'come back', 'you'll win it'. 'Ah don't go na'. One came to me as I was walking away, that I Bleep up, I should not leave my money like that.
Immediately I left, my mind told me that the other guy, the one that wanted to stake his phone was one of them, that's how they do to draw unsuspecting people.
as that guy won stake e fone i don already know the mata.... For some kin places for warri them go just rob you sharp sharp
Re: How I Was Scammed Of N500 And I Gladly Worked Away! by Galactico4ever(m): 12:45pm On Jun 14, 2020
Oldest Trick In The Book.Your Strong Will Saved You Sha
Re: How I Was Scammed Of N500 And I Gladly Worked Away! by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jun 14, 2020
Lol 1997 mhen
Went to collect my junior brother's school fees from the bank in akure. Nigerian navy sec sch. Abk.
Got to oba adesida and met these guys. Red he win, black he no win, if you carry red, you go chop money chop vcd.
I moved closer.
Had my brother's almost 60 something or 70k couldn't even remember and still had my own 4k in my pocket. As if my mum knew, the instructions were clear. Once you collect the money, put it in your inner pocket. She made me put on one snoop Dogg baggy three quarter and put on a loose joggers untop.
Someone played, he missed and me with my oversabi personality was shouting Shai, see am naw, na that one.
They focus their gaze on me Boda ode and made me play. I won at first play and pple were hailing me, MUMU me, my head was doing gboin gboin like all those Anglican church old school bell you have to draw and follow up and down.
So they asked me to double my pay meanwhile the 1st 1k I used to play was still with them. I was already picturing the type of brick game and bicycle I will buy.
1k turned 2k,turned 4k turned 8k turned 12k. Then I said they should give me my winnings so I could go. Dem say oya play last one make you chop 24 and no be vcd alone you go chop o, with this Hawaii deck. Shai another gboin gboin in my head. My mum will know how wise and intelligent I am today.
So I played and lost the whole 4k. I was excruciatingly flabbergasted.
I begin beg them to give me my investment that I don't want the ROI.
They now say do I still have any money and I said only my broda school fees, dem ask me how much, I mentioned it and they promised if I play with it, I will win and they will give me all my money.
FASH, God bless you bro. It was my friend that followed me that dased me back to reality. They almost kill the guy with kicks, words and slap. He shall drag me away. It was then I realized all my well wishers and hailers were part of the coup de tat.
I got home and developed headache, stomach ache, leg pain infact all the pain in this world was doing me. Told my mum my pocket was picked and she pity me and gave me 5k but still I wasn't satisfied with my loss to those guys.

Two weeks later, saw some guys playing table tennis and they were arguing. Dem call me say bros, abeg if I serve for my side he come land foe the other side and the guy no return the service who lose? Haha simple stuvs naw, na d guy wey no return service.
Ha broda God bless you. Come show am. And my village people made me collect the bat and was about to serve but baba God gat me cos immediately i Wan serve, I remember my past ordeal na so I smash the egg go benue from Abuja na so dem hiss say this one no Sabi play and I left. A guy ran to meet me and said thank God for your life cos if I served right, and played for like 2mins and people have seen me with them playing, they will coleect everything on me and I won't be able to deny not owing them.

5 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed Of N500 And I Gladly Worked Away! by StrikeBack(m): 12:54pm On Jun 14, 2020
Very old trick. Nothing like jazz
All three cards have the face of a man, once you pick anyone the have a double card on each card; so they tilt it and do for all
Re: How I Was Scammed Of N500 And I Gladly Worked Away! by duwell(m): 12:57pm On Jun 14, 2020
StrikeBack:
Very old trick. Nothing like jazz
All three cards have the face of a man, once you pick anyone the have a double card on each card; so they tilt it and do for all

Really? Explain this again in details pls
Re: How I Was Scammed Of N500 And I Gladly Worked Away! by StrikeBack(m): 1:21pm On Jun 14, 2020
duwell:

Really? Explain this again in details pls
Just search for card tricks on YouTube
Re: How I Was Scammed Of N500 And I Gladly Worked Away! by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jun 14, 2020
old scam
Re: How I Was Scammed Of N500 And I Gladly Worked Away! by chikason68(m): 5:08pm On Jun 14, 2020
I can relate with the story here. Same trick those guys used on sometime in 2013(ogbette main market enugu). Don't know where I got the sense to walk away leaving them with my 5h

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed Of N500 And I Gladly Worked Away! by Mayng01(m): 5:11pm On Jun 14, 2020
What are you even doing there in the first place? Two things led you there, either you are a millennium child ( ignorance) or greed. Thank God you came back to your senses In time, & that has now added to your experience in life. Good luck.
Re: How I Was Scammed Of N500 And I Gladly Worked Away! by Xristars(m): 6:05pm On Jun 14, 2020
duwell:

Mehn,,, so they've been using same trick for ages.
Yes oo. popular in Lagos.

(1) (Reply)

May You Be As Successful As Ikorodu Boys Or Hushpupi: / Nairalanders Please I Need Your Advice On What To Do / Church Member Shoots Dead Armed Robbers In Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.