Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,807 members, 7,810,101 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:47 PM

Sanusi: Nigeria Will Go Bankrupt With Current Governance Structure - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanusi: Nigeria Will Go Bankrupt With Current Governance Structure (32950 Views)

Africa’ll Overcome Current Governance, Human Rights Challenges — Osinbajo / Sanusi: Nigeria Throwing Away Millions Of Dollars In The Scam Called Subsidy / Only 10 Nigerian States Economically Viable, 17 Bankrupt [see Details] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanusi: Nigeria Will Go Bankrupt With Current Governance Structure by bizzibodi(m): 4:58pm On Jun 14, 2020
Do we really need a VP,deputy governors cnt SGs act?do we need Senators
Re: Sanusi: Nigeria Will Go Bankrupt With Current Governance Structure by Xclusivedaniel6(m): 4:58pm On Jun 14, 2020
Redoil:
please my people keep kindly help me ask sanusi how much was missing under gej

a 50 billon

b. 20 billion

c. 10 billion

Are you seriously this insensitive
Re: Sanusi: Nigeria Will Go Bankrupt With Current Governance Structure by Coldie(m): 5:03pm On Jun 14, 2020
Oil
Re: Sanusi: Nigeria Will Go Bankrupt With Current Governance Structure by oloripeter(m): 5:10pm On Jun 14, 2020
RuddyFusion:
He made good valid points but who will listen or who is listening? the Buhari that is not aware of his surroundings or the looting cabal around him?.... Everything is about patronage everything is about how much more can we steal and loot...Nobody cares about Nigeria....

A Nation divided along ethnic and religious lines WHO CARES ABOUT IT? Nobody
this is not about looting alone but the political office and appointee too are too many the remain money they are using for citizen. The solution is restructing
Re: Sanusi: Nigeria Will Go Bankrupt With Current Governance Structure by nifton(m): 5:21pm On Jun 14, 2020
I think Nigeria is already bankrupt. What we see now is just patch up.
Re: Sanusi: Nigeria Will Go Bankrupt With Current Governance Structure by unikwa: 5:26pm On Jun 14, 2020
I have been harping on high cost of governance for a long time. But as long as they can borrow to keep paying salaries, that is exactly what they will do. New cars for senators every year will continue.

If borrowing is blocked, they would begin raising taxes, and concocting new bank charges on people's savings and transactions.
Nigeria belongs to the elites. Their immediate needs come first.

President Buhari doesn't know what is going on on the street, as he lives in an echo chamber.

Nigeria needs people in power like...
Gov. Babagana Zulum of Borno,
Gov. Abdulrazaq of Kwara,
Gov. El Rufai,
Emir Sanusi,
Omoyele Sowore,
and the like.

Patience is wearing thin, and the noise from Biafra, and Oduduwa is getting louder.
I hope Buhari listens and commences the process of restructuring the unreasonably high salaries people in power take home.

2 Likes

Re: Sanusi: Nigeria Will Go Bankrupt With Current Governance Structure by Omoejigbahe(m): 5:33pm On Jun 14, 2020
The only northwestern Man with a functional brain.

1 Like

Re: Sanusi: Nigeria Will Go Bankrupt With Current Governance Structure by ThatFairGuy: 5:47pm On Jun 14, 2020
Redoil:

a 50 billon

b. 20 billion

c. 10 billion

More than a trillion missed under GEJ. What do you have to say
Re: Sanusi: Nigeria Will Go Bankrupt With Current Governance Structure by odogwubiafra: 5:49pm On Jun 14, 2020
Redoil:

a 50 billon

b. 20 billion

c. 10 billion

Anytime one calls for a critical reasoning and way forward, some uninformed illiterates will starting masturbating with GEJ soap.
Re: Sanusi: Nigeria Will Go Bankrupt With Current Governance Structure by richiepolymer(m): 6:00pm On Jun 14, 2020
winkApt
They are not ready to change values anytime soon. They are too rigid.
Ironically, the north is most endowed with what can make Nigeria a world power. Their weaknesses is what will continue to deny Nigeria of her greatness.

DonroxyII:
The Northern Philosophy is Tomorrow will take care of itself .... They enjoy all what today can bring and if tomorrow brings nothing, so be it.

The Southern Philosophy differs ... they save for their generations !

The Northern Philosophy needs to change before Nigeria can witness considerable growth and development .... They have considerable power of this country ... Southern Division gives them this power !

1 Like

Re: Sanusi: Nigeria Will Go Bankrupt With Current Governance Structure by Waterway: 6:03pm On Jun 14, 2020
unikwa:
I have been harping on high cost of governance for a long time. but as long as they can borrow to keep paying salaries, that is exactly what they will do. New cars for senators every year will continue.

If borrowing is blocked, they would begin raising taxes, and concocting new bank charges on people's savings and transactions.
Nigeria belongs to the elites. Their immediate needs come first.

President Buhari doesn't know what is going on on the street, as he lives in an echo chamber.

Nigeria needs people in power like...
Gov. Babagana Zulum of Borno,
Gov. Abdulrazaq of Kwara,
Gov. El Rufai,
Emir Sanusi,
Omoyele Sowore,
and the like.

Patience in wearing thin, and the noise from Biafra, and Oduduwa is getting louder.
I hope Buhari listens and commences the process of restructuring the unreasonably high salaries people in power take home.

With the likes of these guys above and add to that list......Gov Umahi/Ebonyi and Gov Ben Ayade/Cross River.....we can start the process to unlock the potential of a new Nigeria and stop the political enslavement of our great nation /people.
Re: Sanusi: Nigeria Will Go Bankrupt With Current Governance Structure by jstan360(m): 6:40pm On Jun 14, 2020
...!
Re: Sanusi: Nigeria Will Go Bankrupt With Current Governance Structure by Okiibe(m): 6:45pm On Jun 14, 2020
Redoil:

a 50 billon

b. 20 billion

c. 10 billion

Candidly, he misfired then.

If he is to say what he feels now, he would say;
"Those days were the 'good old days'....when Gej heldsway..." grin
Re: Sanusi: Nigeria Will Go Bankrupt With Current Governance Structure by vicknoel(f): 7:03pm On Jun 14, 2020
Redoil:

a 50 billon

b. 20 billion

c. 10 billion

Some Nigerians kinda reason backwards. Is that what you care about?
Re: Sanusi: Nigeria Will Go Bankrupt With Current Governance Structure by paix(m): 8:11pm On Jun 14, 2020
cassidy1996:
failed country,.
I wan buy ice fish make I take cook concoction jollof rice. Happy Sunday to you all....
Congratulations bro. Somebody somewhere is looking for garri to smoke. Happy Sunday.

2 Likes

Re: Sanusi: Nigeria Will Go Bankrupt With Current Governance Structure by chynergy1(m): 8:16pm On Jun 14, 2020
the president will be in shock after reading this sad sad sad sad sad sad sad

1 Like

Re: Sanusi: Nigeria Will Go Bankrupt With Current Governance Structure by Macast: 8:18pm On Jun 14, 2020
Do we need traditional rulers and kings? When we have councillors and chairmen. Meaning his erstwhile post as emir of Kano too was useless to the development of this country.
Re: Sanusi: Nigeria Will Go Bankrupt With Current Governance Structure by Macast: 8:20pm On Jun 14, 2020
Waterway:

Please delete shade from that list. The man is rather under-developing cross river state. Just ask the residents.

With the likes of these guys above and add to that list......Gov Umahi/Ebonyi and Gov Ben Ayade/Cross River.....we can start the process to unlock the potential of a new Nigeria and stop the political enslavement of our great nation /people.

Re: Sanusi: Nigeria Will Go Bankrupt With Current Governance Structure by Edojoma(m): 8:38pm On Jun 14, 2020
Redoil:

a 50 billon

b. 20 billion

c. 10 billion

All of d above has been under buhari

1 Like

Re: Sanusi: Nigeria Will Go Bankrupt With Current Governance Structure by Charly68: 9:03pm On Jun 14, 2020
I think we need you as the next Finance minister or vice president..let's give you opportunity to come and practice what you have been preaching and see how better you can make the economy become. Keep roaring and echoing your voice to give direction to out Govt and the president in particular..

1 Like

Re: Sanusi: Nigeria Will Go Bankrupt With Current Governance Structure by MiddleDimension: 9:26pm On Jun 14, 2020
these Igbos are just something else!
Re: Sanusi: Nigeria Will Go Bankrupt With Current Governance Structure by Hndrrxxx(m): 10:15pm On Jun 14, 2020
Why you dy mind this guy lol leave am na
TheGoodJoe:

PwC's audit report supports many of Sanusi's allegations. The auditors found that the total gross revenues generated from the federal government of Nigeria crude oil liftings was $69.34bn from January 2012 to July 2013.

The total cash remitted into the government's accounts in relation to crude oil lifting was $50.81bn, leaving $18.53bn unaccounted for.

http://www.internationalaccountingbulletin.com/news/pwc-forensic-report-on-oil-revenues-unveils-nigerias-demons-4570423

1 Like

Re: Sanusi: Nigeria Will Go Bankrupt With Current Governance Structure by cdcd76: 7:48am On Jun 15, 2020
The main reason they worked to his removal as Emir of Kano, the parrot likes to talk too much which is totally against the ethics of the throne. He was rightly served and down graded to where he already belongs.

It was a great mistake to crown Mr-known-it-all to the extreme position of Emirship in the largest city of Kano, he don't value any contributions from anybody neither did he respect the elite.

The talkative can thrive in the south west where very little were known about him but not in the North where the grass was known from the grassroots .

LESSON
Always respect the people under your leadership because you are choosing by God not by qualifications.
Re: Sanusi: Nigeria Will Go Bankrupt With Current Governance Structure by agog: 8:56am On Jun 15, 2020
papiforreal:

https://punchng.com/nigerias-governance-structure-set-up-for-bankruptcy-sanusi/

well spoken the emir. why do we need such huge numbers of govt appointees?
Re: Sanusi: Nigeria Will Go Bankrupt With Current Governance Structure by galadima77(m): 9:04am On Jun 15, 2020
festacman:
I agree with RATIONAL Sanusi on the need to cut governance costs although I believe that the problem has more to do with LEAKAGES caused by corruption done by both highly and lowly placed civil servants as well as public servants than it has to do with actual overhead costs. Reforms like TSA and IPPIS have helped but more need to be done.

More remarkably, the fact that Nigeria has no money to meet its needs boils down to looting of public fund, mismanagement of fund meant for basic infrastructure and, of course, non-diversification of our economy. US presidential system has the same heavy cost burden but their excellent management of economy counterbalances well. Recall how much the country budgeted for COVID-19 stimulus. Nigeria is rich in factors of production but we lack leadership and infrastructure to drive production. It is not late to start today.

Now, back to HYPOCRITICAL Sanusi. What justification has the then Emir Sanusi to maintain ostentatious lifestyle, using taxpayers' money from state and local governments when he could have used his reign to save money and utilize it to develop his people as a way of leading by examples.

At this critical time and being at crossroads, Nigeria needs men and women who do what they preach, who walk the talk and who are more practical than theoretical. Nigeria needs real selflessly PRACTICAL visionaries who are ready to make personal sacrifices in search of new ideas to bring about paradigm shift.

The caliber of people you described in your last paragragh can't survive the gangster like politics of modern Nigeria. Even the impoverished populace won't listen! Though that's exactly what we need! Like a mirage...
Re: Sanusi: Nigeria Will Go Bankrupt With Current Governance Structure by Grateful02(m): 1:12pm On Jun 15, 2020
This man is an intellectual but what bothers me is how he's been stooped so low politically.
Sha the point Sanusi is making is " fact" but it's just like pouting water on hen back because cutting cost of governance is the last thing any politician wanna hear
Re: Sanusi: Nigeria Will Go Bankrupt With Current Governance Structure by davidodiba(m): 2:09pm On Jun 15, 2020
divicode:

Crying and wailing is allowed

Please go on
y

You are plagued with Buharisemia....a condition whereby the white matter in the brain is drained so that you can go on licking Buhari's dead balls...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Wike Mocks Ayu Over Removal As PDP Chair, Says ‘I Told Him He’ll Go’ / APC Presidential Aspirants To Pay N27 Million For Forms / Tinubu: I Can’t Wrestle With Pigs, We Will Beat Them Silly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.