Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,614 members, 7,840,458 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 05:53 AM

Life Changing Experience - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Life Changing Experience (790 Views)

Elon Musk's Transgender Daughter Is Changing Her Name To DITCH Musk / Learn Life-changing Bible Truths By Listening To This Renowned Teacher Weekly. / Ever Considered Changing Your Name? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Life Changing Experience by nony43(m): 2:51pm On Jun 14, 2020
So many things happens that changes how one sees things

Ever had a life changing experience?
Something that happened that shocked the hell out of you and changed how you think, reason, see things or people?
Something that happened that made you appreciate God more?
Appreciate your family more
Appreciate life more?
What was your life changing day experience like?

1 Like

Re: Life Changing Experience by Sabby1(m): 3:21pm On Jun 14, 2020
I have had so many life changing experiences that I can't recall but one notable experience I am not sure I can forget was when I was at school some many years ago.
Those days at school, I love attending morning masses and after the mass, I often join some older women to help keep the church clean and even had my own position/section where I usually seat when I came for mass. My church was under construction then and where I am usually seated, there was a big torn black nylon filled with charcoal towards my left and I have been having a feeling that something wild was inside, but I never knew it was a python's nest/resting place, till one faithful day after morning mass, I decided to say a little prayer and while saying the prayer, I don't know what changed my eyes direction and I looked at the nylon and behold! I saw a Python. I quickly rounded up my prayers and went to call an altar server who came with stones and with his assistance, we killed the Python. This event made me realize that God keeps protecting us even when we're unaware

7 Likes

Re: Life Changing Experience by nony43(m): 3:43pm On Jun 14, 2020
Mine was in the University, I never knew I would graduate from the University one day, but some how some how God came through for me. Since then I took every area of my life seriously. Looking back at my school days I realised that somehow most of the challenges I had, a girl has a hand in it.

So guys my advice for everyone is to put yourself first, some of this women when you need them, they won't stick out their heads for you.
Re: Life Changing Experience by Oluromantic: 4:51pm On Jun 14, 2020
It was my first serious relationship. She became so emotional and fell in love within two weeks after we met for the first time and was already talking about marriage. She vehemently told me how much she had promised herself not to have sex till she marries which I was okay with, cus I liked her very much. I was very rational as in thinking it's too early to talk about marriage, there were so many things we still needed to find about each other. We just met and barely know each other but I overlooked that and kept observing her.

She became so emotional that she would hug me tightly and kiss me giving me deep tongue. It was so serious that I had to stop her and became the one who started helping her uphold her promise against sex. After a while she told me she would go abroad for two years for fashion training and that we could have an introduction before she goes. I didn't agree to that cuz we can't swear to be faithful to each other over such a long distance so I said she should go, when she comes back and we are still friends we may then think of marriage, she began to cry.

She came to my house d next day without notice still pleading, so I honestly started to consider her choice and started falling in love and the love grew. Suddenly I noticed she changed and became very rude. I found out she had found another guy, then she started blaming me for making her fall in love. That blame seriously annoyed me cus her falling in love was her choice. Besides she didn't tell me early that she'll be going abroad. She even blamed me for having long kisses with her after telling me she doesn't want sex.. I was like am I dreaming?

But what changed my view was, the more I tried to explain her wrong to her, the more she got the power to manipulate my emotions until a snr male friend of mine told me, "you can't win an argument with a woman" That was the first time I really understood that statement though I've been hearing it before then. Not arguing with a woman or letting her win d argument doesn't mean she's smart and you're dull. It simply means your understanding is far beyond hers and her capacity to understand things is far lower than yours.

It's like a waec student of biology arguing with a university professor of biology; the difference is too extreme. So I kept quiet and let her win. In her mind she won. I'm sure she would over time realize how foolish she was but shame may not let her reach out to me. Women emotional manipulations are inspired by selfishness. Till date, even if a woman cries blood as tears, I don't yield out from rationality

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Life Changing Experience by Mariangeles(f): 6:56pm On Jun 14, 2020
Oluromantic:
It was my first serious relationship. She became so emotional and fell in love within two weeks after we met for the first time and was already talking about marriage. She vehemently told me how much she had promised herself not to have sex till she marries which I was okay with, cus I liked her very much. I was very rational as in thinking it's too early to talk about marriage, there were so many things we still needed to find about each other. We just met and barely know each other but I overlooked that and kept observing her.

She became so emotional that she would hug me tightly and kiss me giving me deep tongue. It was so serious that I had to stop her and became the one who started helping her uphold her promise against sex. After a while she told me she would go abroad for two years for fashion training and that we could have an introduction before she goes. I didn't agree to that cuz we can't swear to be faithful to each other over such a long distance so I said she should go, when she comes back and we are still friends we may then think of marriage, she began to cry.

She came to my house d next day without notice still pleading, so I honestly started to consider her choice and started falling in love and the love grew. Suddenly I noticed she changed and became very rude. I found out she had found another guy, then she started blaming me for making her fall in love. That blame seriously annoyed me cus her falling in love was her choice. Besides she didn't tell me early that she'll be going abroad. She even blamed me for having long kisses with her after telling me she doesn't want sex.. I was like am I dreaming?

But what changed my view was, the more I tried to explain her wrong to her, the more she got the power to manipulate my emotions until a snr male friend of mine told me, "you can't win an argument with a woman" That was the first time I really understood that statement though I've been hearing it before then. Not arguing with a woman or letting her win d argument doesn't mean she's smart and you're dull. It simply means your understanding is far beyond hers and her capacity to understand things is far lower than yours.

It's like a waec student of biology arguing with a university professor of biology; the difference is too extreme. So I kept quiet and let her win. In her mind she won. I'm sure she would over time realize how foolish she was but shame may not let her reach out to me. Women emotional manipulations are inspired by selfishness. Till date, even if a woman cries blood as tears, I don't yield out from rationality

How is this a life changing experience?

Dude, I'd say you're resentful and on a mission of vengeance believe that! cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Life Changing Experience by Oluromantic: 7:08pm On Jun 14, 2020
Mariangeles:

How is this a life changing experience?

Dude, I'd say you're resentful and on a mission of vengeance believe that! cheesy
That's what it is to you. You weren't the one who experienced it.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Life Changing Experience by Mariangeles(f): 7:28pm On Jun 14, 2020
Oluromantic:

That's what it is to you. You weren't the one who experienced it.

You know all those your thoughts and comments about women being manipulative? Let it go.
Don't allow a bad experience rob you of your ability to show compassion toward others.

In general, all humans have the tendency to be manipulative. But what gain is there? When it ruins relationships. Including friendships.

We all need to embrace humility. When one is humble, you'll find it difficult to take advantage of others and toy with their feelings.

It takes a mature mind to know that those games are not worth it because at the end, you'll end up losing something/someone more valuable in your game of having the upper hand.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life Changing Experience by Oluromantic: 7:36pm On Jun 14, 2020
Mariangeles:

You know all those your thoughts and comments about women being manipulative? Let it go.

In general, all humans have the tendency to be manipulative. And what gain is there? When it ruins relationships. Including friendships.

We all need to embrace humility. When one is humble, you'll find it difficult to take advantage of others and toy with their feelings.

It takes a mature mind to know that those games are not worth it because at the end, you'll end up losing something/someone more valuable in your game of having the upper hand.

Bro I have no grudges and don't opine for me neither shd you put words in my mouth.

Being rational and vengeance are two different things. Shedding tears is not a crime but for the right purpose, we all have different emotional strength and I'm not ignorant of that.

Being rational means doing what is right and sensible at the appropriate time in the right way for the right reasons. Shedding tears or going emotional would not move even God if what shd be done is not done.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life Changing Experience by Mariangeles(f): 7:43pm On Jun 14, 2020
Oluromantic:

Bro I have no grudges and don't opine for me neither shd you put words in my mouth.

Being rational and vengeance are two different things. Shedding tears is not a crime but for the right purpose, we all have different emotional strength and I'm not ignorant of that.

Being rational means doing what is right and sensible at the appropriate time in the right way for the right reasons. Shedding tears or going emotional would not move even God if what shd be done is not done.

Your comments on different threads give you away.

3 Likes

Re: Life Changing Experience by Oluromantic: 7:46pm On Jun 14, 2020
Mariangeles:

Your comments on different threads give you away.
Every thread on its own. What does not concern you does not concern you. Refer to the quotes you started and leave other threads in peace. Thats part of what we're talking about. It's weakling of you to attack me with threads that do not concern the matter at hand. Stay within the confines of d discussed topic genius

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life Changing Experience by Mariangeles(f): 7:53pm On Jun 14, 2020
Oluromantic:

Every thread on its own. What does not concern you does not concern you. Refer to the quotes you started and leave other threads in peace. Thats part of what we're talking about. It's weakling of you to attack me with threads that do not concern the matter at hand. Stay within the confines of d discussed topic genius

First of all, I am not attacking you.

Secondly, weakling? It ain't that deep dude!

Third, your words are a reflection of your heart's content, therefore, you can't separate one from the other. Especially relating to similar issues.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life Changing Experience by Oluromantic: 7:56pm On Jun 14, 2020
Mariangeles:

First of all, I am not attacking you.

Secondly, weakling? It ain't that deep dude!

Third, your words are a reflection of your heart's content, therefore, you can't separate one from the other. Especially relating to similar issues.
You're out of line already. So keep ranting

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life Changing Experience by Mariangeles(f): 8:02pm On Jun 14, 2020
Oluromantic:

You're too emotional for your own good dude! cheesy
You're not open to learning too.

4 Likes

Re: Life Changing Experience by Fountainofyouth(f): 11:28pm On Jun 14, 2020
Oluromantic:

Hahaha, this dude is broken cheesy but don't worry, you'll be fine las las grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life Changing Experience by saucecode(m): 7:35am On Jun 15, 2020
Oluromantic:

Why were u even explaining yourself to her!in the first place? cheesy You have said u had a life changing experience, anyone's opinion abt dat is their cup of Lipton & ends in their house. It doesn't change anything

4 Likes

Re: Life Changing Experience by Oluromantic: 9:09am On Jun 15, 2020
saucecode:

Why were u even explaining yourself to her!in the first place? cheesy You have said u had a life changing experience, anyone's opinion abt dat is their cup of Lipton & ends in their house. It doesn't change anything
Oh I shd have known she's female. Honestly I thought it was a guy. I wouldn't even have argued further one bit. I was wondering too how a guy could have such a low thinking capacity.

6 Likes

Re: Life Changing Experience by saucecode(m): 2:19pm On Jun 15, 2020
Oluromantic:

Oh I shd have known she's female. Honestly I thought it was a guy. I wouldn't even have argued further one bit. I was wondering too how a guy could have such a low thinking capacity.
Now u know cool

1 Like

Re: Life Changing Experience by Mariangeles(f): 2:40pm On Jun 15, 2020
Oluromantic:

Oh I shd have known she's female. Honestly I thought it was a guy. I wouldn't even have argued further one bit. I was wondering too how a guy could have such a low deep thinking capacity.

I know right?

Thank you cool

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

My Case With Overly Protective Parents. / Inability to repay loan / Xmas Giveaway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.