Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,739 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

Youths, Stop Running Away From Nigeria! - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Youths, Stop Running Away From Nigeria! (2816 Views)

Trump's Fan Who Wants To Run Away From The US Trailed By Hilarious Reactions / The New Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Standard Gauge Rail Line Undergoing Test-Running / Things To Run Away From When You Are In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Youths, Stop Running Away From Nigeria! by tensazangetsu20(m): 4:45am On Jun 15, 2020
Hightser:

Exactly what I'm trying to point out, the owners of paystack partnered, imagine if they had same ideology as yours? Thinking about marketing and a whole lot of others, the idea of paystack won't be invoke right now.

A good business person knows how to structure and curate a business, for a time now, I have never really seen an advert of paystack anywhere and it has dominated this much.

There is what we call organic growth for every business and that has to go with a business that is unique and a business that's structured so well.

Having bills to pay as developers, where has it gotten them, you will always have bills wether you do the job or not, the problem is lack of foresight and patience.

Marketing is extremely important for any business. No matter how good an app or tech idea is, you still have to onboard users and marketing is expensive especially digital marketing. Social media, search engine, content or SEO. These things aren't cheap at all. After struggling and suffering to build the cool product who's gonna market it? Do you know how many cool products have gone because of lack of marketing? Paystack has very strong SEO you can go and check. They also have very strong sales people and connections in the industry. It's why their products are used by a lot of of other top tech companies. You won't see their adverts on social media because those businesses there aren't their target market. How many Nigerian businesses have websites small businesses I mean and they take payments from those websites? Paystack revenue comes from other big tech companies. They also do a lot of offline marketing. Example is the Billboard at Ikeja. Smart businesses know their target market and how to get to them but even that isn't cheap at all. Paystack also raised 120k dollars in seed from YC. The founder himself was a developer you know.

Aside initial building, what about scaling the idea? There's a lot of ifs especially when it comes to entrepreneurship and not everyone is cut out to be a broke entrepreneur. Trust me I have been there. You can't blame people if they want jobs.

Another thing you should look at is most of the top tech companies in Nigeria the founding members were from wealthy families or had posh jobs. Buycoins co founder father is the founder of GT bank. Cowrywise co founder worked in ExxonMobil, shell before launching out. Iyin ayobeji, founder of flutterwaves and andela also came from a very wealthy family. No matter how you look at this thing, initial money came from somewhere. Support came from somewhere. You don't expect someone who is hungry to be building a tech startup. There might be people who will do this but it's not cut out for everyone.

As for developers looking for jobs. It has gotten them somewhere. Many of them earn cool salaries in Nigeria or work remotely for companies abroad. The top echelon have also been fortunate to leave the country via jobs which came with visa sponsorship. I am talking about real budding developers who know their shit inside out. It's better to be earning around a million naira a month than to be doing faux broke entrepreneurship that might not lead to anywhere O and it's not a must for them to be entrepreneurs in their 20s. So many of them could do it in their 40s and they would be much more successful because of the contacts and network gotten and the level of knowledge they would have acquired.

Op if you are still young, my advise to you is to get a job and get some experience especially in a high growth startup since you are so much interested in entrepreneurship. Don't go and waste your time o. So many people have and regretted it bitterly.

3 Likes

Re: Youths, Stop Running Away From Nigeria! by Gerrard59(m): 5:11am On Jun 15, 2020
Yawns..... Looking back at this page, I had a reason why I yawned and I have been vindicated.

Hightser:

Exactly what I'm trying to point out, the owners of paystack partnered, imagine if they had same ideology as yours? Thinking about marketing and a whole lot of others, the idea of paystack won't be invoke right now.

A good business person knows how to structure and curate a business, for a time now, I have never really seen an advert of paystack anywhere and it has dominated this much.

There is what we call organic growth for every business and that has to go with a business that is unique and a business that's structured so well.

Having bills to pay as developers, where has it gotten them, you will always have bills wether you do the job or not, the problem is lack of foresight and patience.

What you did not also state is that the founders of Paystack worked for almost ten years each at different entreprises before starting out. They ploughed their resources and later applied to YC (extra funding and network) which got them the attention. One thing you should understand about entrepreneurship is that the nascent stages are not easy and requires funding as there would be little revenue, no profit and you as the entrepreneur need to survive (literally pay your bills) while building the company. Which is why when you research about successful entrepreneurs anywhere and in the country, three things characterise them:

- They worked elsewhere which from their accumulated salaries, they saved and started the firm. Also, it provides the necessary experience as working in a structured firm proffers a different level of thinking as opposed to starting out immediately after school/apprenticeship. Additionally, it provides the network and connections you will need esp if it is in the same industry you want to start out in, Razak Ahmed of Cowrywise worked in some major financial institutions in the country and at a prestigious oil company before co-founding the company which has received funding worth millions of dollars. Even those successful traders in major markets worked for someone before venturing out whether paying to learn or becoming an apprentice for years. If a successful trader in Ladipo wants to structure his business by becoming an AutoZone, he is likely to get funded by investors over a lad who just started immediately after university education even if this lad has the best idea. It is because the former has structures on ground, has been in the business successfully and knows people.

- They have a strong financial support system whether by their parents or parents' network. Basically, these are entrepreneurs whose parents are well-to-do and can fork out any amount of money to support their kids' ventures. In subsequent funding, this will serve as a major criterion of how you funded your company initially. Also, when one's parents are well-to-do, it implies they have a strong network which can help esp in referencing and regulatory work.

- They went to top institutions. There is a level of support system someone who went to a top 20 institution abroad esp in the US which has more than enough VCs/angel funds over other countries that differs from a typical Nigerian graduate even from a notable federal university. Even with no previous work experience, they get funded just because of the institution they went to. There is one agric related startup that has the former agric minister on her board; from further research, I discovered that the founders studied in top US institutions (MIT & Yale). I think they are even US citizens. Same with another who studied at MIT (also a US citizen which comes with its perks regarding funding) and got mentioned on NL's frontpage. The former just graduated, returned to start the company and boom! They got funded and had Adesina as a board member. Do you know the level of cold emailing they must have done (think about getting those addresses in the first place?)? Do you the feeling the mention of Yale, MIT, Stanford etc. elicits to anyone let alone a top VC or angel investor across the world? Do you know the worth of the alumni network of those schools? They don't even need to go too far, scroll through the alum list and send emails considering that most of those investors schooled in those places. Entrepreneurship does not happen in a vacuum, it has its intricacies. Things that the vast majority of Nigerian youths don't have esp after graduation. You forget that most families toiled hard to support their wards ditto the students themselves and asking for funding to start a company which will be requested periodically going forward can be stressful on their parents. Also consider the poverty rate in the country. I elaborated on this here:

Gerrard59:
Preach sir!

When I see Nlders praise entrepreneurship so much, I laugh. This is not because being an entrepreneur is bad (providing value is good and rewarding) but OP is saying that young Nigerians who do not have something to fall on should focus on solving their immediate needs first before attempting to solving societal needs. You cannot give what you do not have. How can someone with no strong support base (parental support, an existing business waiting for you to take over or some rich relatives willing to help) attempt to provide value? You would most likely eat the earnings of the business instead of re-investing because you are at the survival stage. Maslow Hierarchy of Needs tells us so. It is until you have solved your basic needs that you can then think of solving people's needs. It is another reason I get amused when folks complain that banks refuse to lend them money when they had awesome business plans (to me, plans are useless. Things change quickly). Banks are profit oriented entities and would most preferable/likely fund someone with a track record (existing business or strong support base to act as collateral), not a recent grad. This post reminds me of lad who dumped his digital marketing agency he co-founded to look for a job in an investment bank. When inquired further why he is leaving his firm (I coached him for the interview), he complained of how business was not moving well and he had difficulties solving his daily needs. As a result, he needs a job. Interestingly, this dude studied in the UK for his two degrees (Bsc Eng and MSc Engr) and I reasoned that he has a strong base and was relying on that but cannot continue to do so going forward. Yet another, this time an ex-classmate, he left his digital marketing agency to get a job as an account executive. Apparently, because he had same problems - solving his daily needs and a new business cannot solve one's needs unless the business is not expected to grow.

So OP is right. No one is saying don't become an entrepreneur but do not so on an empty stomach. You would most likely eat your revenue not even profits as the latter take time to come. Someone would ask what about in the US. What people tend to forget that is the kind of profiles these straight-out-of-school entrepreneurs have. They most likely went to Ivy Leagues, got funded based on the idea not the bottomline of the business, have a strong base to fall on, live in country where interest rates are miserably low and the VC/angel investors' market is strong (literally got founded). So you see? Getting a reasonable job does not make you a slave like some cretins say or keeps your dream away like some mor0ns opine. What it does is: it provides you a support (financially and mentally) on living your life while you plan towards starting your business. What people rarely say about entrepreneurship without investors/parental support/existing history of credit lending is that you would be eating your revenue as they come because your personal problems (rent, feeding, clothing etc) need to be solved.

aBrokeRichDude:
Mehnnn

Op i must commend u for ur nice write up.....Now let me contribute to the "What's wrong with Naija that makes every youth want to leave"

Note, Every successful biz requires finance .... Lots of it... U either generates or get a loan.... Which is also very difficult... While those opportuned to have these finance re painted black for fraud and they travel abroad instead.... pls don't qoute me about fraud bcus no country in the world is free of it....The problem with our darling country is the main stream media helps to promote these news to the outside world .... While the chinese continue to do illegal minning here....US is well know for all kind of drugs, buh u dont see dem talking about it, India is well known for fraud u dont see dem talking about it....

These all boils down to the govt not supporting the youth...How can d youth take back a country that as it's root on politics ...Except u grew up abroad or u re frm a wealthy home ... Bro forget it shey na 50k job u wan take start life ...

Me get dreams ooo ... I even go schl finish HND ... Buh how i wan take acheive my dream wen man nr fit see 90k job to even take start life cry....My bro works in Germany .. Receive 14Euro per hours....112Euro for 8 hours every day .... Calculate for a month, his job is to package goods to b delivered for an online retail shop.... undecided Hw much banker dey recieve

Nor mind my long boring write up oo...I Jst wan let u knw say this country nr b for the ordinary youth...I go prefer face rasicm der dan povertism here grin

Some emendations please:

Stop saying because there are fraudsters in China, India and the US, then let's encourage same here. In those places (China for instance), there might be support esp if the govt sees it as a security/national benefit but when it starts going too far, they clip your hands. China supports gene editing research and has provided enough funds to researchers yet the govt arrested and detained a researcher who went too far as editing the germline of HIV positive children. This elicited condemnation because he went too far not because what he did was very bad. Funny enough, he was the first globally to do so which is a plus to the government's efforts but hey, he went too far. Additionally, China and this time India are trillion dollars economies. I have stated it countless times that one is rich, they have power. I won't even mention China but India has a strong and influential diaspora, have created jobs in western countries, are top politicians in western countries, major investors and has a trillion dollar economy! Those perks would cover whatever scam perpetrated in the country and by her citizens because you cannot just ban them when major western companies have some of their important bases (operational, IT etc.) in the country. Heck, when banning them, remember they are members of parliament/Congress and have top companies creating jobs in those countries. They have a leverage Nigeria does not have and with this leverage, they get protected, it is not comparable. Additionally, those atrocities committed by these Nigerian cretinous fvcktards paint a bad image on the country, her passport and citizens when they want to tap into global opportunities. This further worsens the case as the unemployment rate rises. You could garner funds to start your company by freelancing thereby earning foreign currencies while being in Nigeria but when the majority of buyers are westerners and have fears dealing with Nigerians online, how do you expect young Nigerians to make money online?

Secondly, because your friend makes €14 an hour and converting it to naira when he spends the money in Germany makes no economic sense. Unless you make same amount in Nigeria and spend it here, it is preferable earning in naira while being in Nigeria. I keep seeing "earns so so so in dollars when the person works abroad and spends there" as a harbinger for working abroad. The living costs are different and going forward, your friend won't desire to earn same. It is elementary economics - purchasing power parity (PPP).

tensazangetsu20:
See how op just destroyed Nigerian youths in tech. The same Nigerian youths are building paystack, piggybank, cowrywise alongside other tech startups. Aside South Africa, Nigeria has the most budding ICT space in Africa. It's still growing though.

Op I know you are still in your 20s probably still in the university or just graduated. I give you a few more years and your tone will change.

I was surprised he really lampooned the tech industry which is an industry just like the entertainment industry that has created lots of jobs and built itself without government support. At your last statement, I want to believe he is either of both and with time, he would understand,

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Youths, Stop Running Away From Nigeria! by Xeeex: 8:23am On Jun 15, 2020
Quick question

If someone offers you job and visa to any country of your choice but with the same amount of salary you collect in Nigeria, will you go?

1 Like

Re: Youths, Stop Running Away From Nigeria! by ashiwaju11(m): 9:16am On Jun 15, 2020
Hightser:

Convince that your Yahoo friend to invest in an idea, team up with who ever shares similar notion or ideas with you, together let's take back our future in a way we can, i know you all my brothers are hustlers, but for how long must we all continue to run to Western countries to hustle?

Thank you for penning your thought provoking ideas. But Nigeria need more than this. Our nation need people who can action their ideas. Put a plan of action down, and count us in.

Philosophers will not change anything in this country. Our Nigeria need people with creative plans that are ready to fight for the soul of this country, albeit in a dignified manner.

Peace bro.
Re: Youths, Stop Running Away From Nigeria! by suleyoung(m): 9:23am On Jun 15, 2020
by this time next year oh Lord grant my wish I can't wait to type
GERMANY here I come.

I would go there to further my studies.
after graduating with a first class for this kind country u still expect me to still stay dey do wetin?

Ogbeni op MAFO

Nigeria no ready to hand over to youth o

if you get your way dakun JAPA o

1 Like

Re: Youths, Stop Running Away From Nigeria! by joyblinks(f): 9:53am On Jun 15, 2020
Hightser:
you think? You really do not know how many people have the opportunity to leave Nigeria but prefer to just travel And come back, only those who feel abroad is heaven is bent on leaving.

Only those with a much better life in Nigeria will prefer staying here (Naija) than travelling abroad my brother. Even you that typed all this.

If U re broke in Naija or paid peanut and U get an offer to go to the UK to work. U for throw the offer away ni

Naija is good for u doesn't mean others wanting to travel don't have good plans for the country but one has got to survive first before thinking of this yeye country.
Re: Youths, Stop Running Away From Nigeria! by Obsession4u: 9:56am On Jun 15, 2020
You know I sometime regret being a Nigerian sha embarassed
God knows this country can't get any better.

No place like my Australia!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Youths, Stop Running Away From Nigeria! by Obsession4u: 9:59am On Jun 15, 2020
Xeeex:
Quick question

If someone offers you job and visa to any country of your choice but with the same amount of salary you collect in Nigeria, will you go?

Look at this one sha!
You're still asking again shocked

Mehn, you go wait if Na u?
Omo I dey go no time
Re: Youths, Stop Running Away From Nigeria! by Hightser: 10:01am On Jun 15, 2020
Obsession4u:
You know I sometime regret being a Nigerian sha embarassed
God knows this country can't get any better.

No place like my Australia!

Bro, shame no catch you? na pictures or tall building you still dey use as comparism grin grin
Re: Youths, Stop Running Away From Nigeria! by Hightser: 10:12am On Jun 15, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

Op if you are still young, my advise to you is to get a job and get some experience especially in a high growth startup since you are so much interested in entrepreneurship. Don't go and waste your time o. So many people have and regretted it bitterly.

Sir, by being young, I don't know what you really mean, but truth is, I have business ideas I'm working on and I won't give up, I'm not from any of those financially wonderful families neither did I attend any Ivy league school but I have a drive which is passion.

From what everyone here has explained, it's obvious you all have given up, like for one to do it, he must have attended an ivy league school, work with shell and come from a wealthy home, but a deep research will prove you wrong.

If it doesn't, someone should change the narrative, most people here who are bent on travelling out don't even have a thought out plan on why they want to travel out, at the end, they live averagely in their new country and work for money till old age, not like Nigeria is any different but what's the essence of the travel then.
Re: Youths, Stop Running Away From Nigeria! by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:17am On Jun 15, 2020
Hightser:

Sir, by being young, I don't know what you really mean, but truth is, I have business ideas I'm working on and I won't give up, I'm not from any of those financially wonderful families neither did I attend any Ivy league school but I have a drive which is passion.

From what everyone here has explained, it's obvious you all have given up, like for one to do it, he must have attended an ivy league school, work with shell and come from a wealthy home, but a deep research will prove you wrong.

If it doesn't, someone should change the narrative, most people here who are bent on travelling out don't even have a thought out plan on why they want to travel out, at the end, they live averagely in their new country and work for money till old age, not like Nigeria is any different but what's the essence of the travel then.

Are you rich in Nigeria?
Re: Youths, Stop Running Away From Nigeria! by Hightser: 10:21am On Jun 15, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

Are you rich in Nigeria?

grin grin
Guy forgive me abeg.
Re: Youths, Stop Running Away From Nigeria! by aBrokeRichDude: 11:07am On Jun 15, 2020
Hightser:

Just like I said earlier sir, I won't like to argue on who lives a better life between someone abroad and in Nigeria, but the truth is, the calculation you gave Bout your brother is what's motivating you to relocate, it's a different discuss entirely as most people prefer salary jobs, but take a second and imagine if we have same exchange rate, would you be excited about his pay?

A little story about my enterprenuerial experience, I contacted a tech company to design an app for me, I already know how I wanted the app to look, like the UI/ux, so I sent the sketched designs to a graphic designer I work with and he got the ux design for about 20k, I sent the UI to this tech company and they were amazed, told me the design was good and all.

I took time talking with the person assigned to me, he later asked me for the working principle of the app and I explained to him, he loved it too, then gave me a bill of 2.4m to design the app.

He went further to tell me the design I sent was supposed to be 25 percent of the total fee but since I already have the design that's why the fee is even 2.4m.

So I took my little time to calculate the fee, from the way he analysed it, 25 percent was supposed to cost me 600k for the UI. 600k for something I designed for less than 20k?

I was shocked, I got an influencer from NL who didn't even bother to ask me for the working principle of the app, he just saw the UI and told me 300k, I later went to his profile to see him advertising for anyone that can integrate paystack e wallet.

You see the discrepancies I'm trying to point out, just look at India for example, can you compare Nigeria to them in terms of tech?

If there is no agency for funding tech startup, don't you believe you can do it? Maybe the evolution will start from you? But no, you want to run away, even if you end up making money tomorrow, the next Is to buy a car, live a flamboyant lifestyle and complain that the country is messed up and the cycle continues.

Let's keep running to the West to go wear coat under devastating temperature, most of them outside still turn back to Nigeria for work, either they create YouTube channel- Nigeria audience, instagram- Nigeria audience, most are even moderators on NL.
We might wake up when it's night.

I see u re one of those opportuned and am happy for u .... Note not all youth are tech inclined .... They hope to get a job to start a LIFE which is very difficult....Pls come to reality ... U earn such money doesn't mean other had that opportunity to do the same .... U work very hard to earn penny that wont feed u for a week....U talk of India...They have very gud IT institute and Engineering institute.... Hence govtment support for the youth....Bro u start up a company that can encourage d youth....Dont just com on an online forum and encourage youth can't even feed 3 times a day to take back der country without any support...

Bro the main reason i mention Germany, was: Even as an immigrant e still.got a job and receive such pay....Will that b possible in Nigeria ? Many graduate end up been a sec schl teacher earning less than expected which can't take care of everyday living....Go to.career section and see ppl who graduated yrs ago still searching for a gud job ( wen i mean gud job i mean avearge in real term) .... So baba b4 u say youth take back ur country first acknowledge what wrong and way forward and if possible help d little youth u can...they too can help others , that's how u encourage them to take back der country...

For your last paragraph ... Hahaha... I laff, seriously....dey should stop running to the west bcus of bad weather ? cheesy
On a serious note let the youth start by eliminating tribalism... They dont even work together, frm d grass root to the upper realm of government... embarassed..

I like ur strength...u should work more on this by creating a platform that can bring the youth together to encourage them...i seriously want tins to get beta in Nigeria bcus i love my country...i want to b heard of all.over the world as a Nigeria....Buh.....

1 Like

Re: Youths, Stop Running Away From Nigeria! by Petyprincess(f): 11:22am On Jun 15, 2020
Nice write-up,

I believe most Nigerians usually blame the government for their failure. You will see them writing epistle of their life like "I'm 35 years old nd i haven't gotten a job, I can't even boast of 50k in my account,nigerian has failed me" honestly i laugh my ass out grin

The truth is no one wants to face reality or blame themselves rather blame the system nd always try to justify by comparing Nigeria to Western countries grin Infact Nigerians in diaspora thinks by hearing the word western country you will start falling for them that's how home-based Nigerians had made impression everyone here wants to leave because they are miserable here.

The truth is most abroad based will never tell you is their struggles, there is my highschool friend that traveled to Dubai nd if you see hw Nigerians are behaving on her comment section on facebook i was so embarrassed,most people will think since she traveled to Dubai she must be living her best life bt reality is she is working as a Maid nd she tells me how people be asking her money thinking she is living her best life,the racism she experience nd admitted Dubai is only meant for vacation.

If you see fine boy nd fine girls working in factory in Canada you will be surprised while sharing a room with roommates bt none of them will never tell you their struggles except if they are extremely honest.

That been said, we have Nigerians living large in foreign countries with legitimate high paying jobs but they are minority.

Above all if you feel Nigeria is not for you try your best to switch to medical school,dnt spend millions on one irrelevant course except you wants to end up working in factory!

3 Likes

Re: Youths, Stop Running Away From Nigeria! by aBrokeRichDude: 11:33am On Jun 15, 2020
Some emendations please:

Stop saying because there are fraudsters in China, India and the US, then let's encourage same here. In those places (China for instance), there might be support esp if the govt sees it as a security/national benefit but when it starts going too far, they clip your hands. China supports gene editing research and has provided enough funds to researchers yet the govt arrested and detained a researcher who went too far as editing the germline of HIV positive children. This elicited condemnation because he went too far not because what he did was very bad. Funny enough, he was the first globally to do so which is a plus to the government's efforts but hey, he went too far. Additionally, China and this time India are trillion dollars economies. I have stated it countless times that one is rich, they have power. I won't even mention China but India has a strong and influential diaspora, have created jobs in western countries, are top politicians in western countries, major investors and has a trillion dollar economy! Those perks would cover whatever scam perpetrated in the country and by her citizens because you cannot just ban them when major western companies have some of their important bases (operational, IT etc.) in the country. Heck, when banning them, remember they are members of parliament/Congress and have top companies creating jobs in those countries. They have a leverage Nigeria does not have and with this leverage, they get protected, it is not comparable. Additionally, those atrocities committed by these Nigerian cretinous fvcktards paint a bad image on the country, her passport and citizens when they want to tap into global opportunities. This further worsens the case as the unemployment rate rises. You could garner funds to start your company by freelancing thereby earning foreign currencies while being in Nigeria but when the majority of buyers are westerners and have fears dealing with Nigerians online, how do you expect young Nigerians to make money online?

Secondly, because your friend makes €14 an hour and converting it to naira when he spends the money in Germany makes no economic sense. Unless you make same amount in Nigeria and spend it here, it is preferable earning in naira while being in Nigeria. I keep seeing "earns so so so in dollars when the person works abroad and spends there" as a harbinger for working abroad. The living costs are different and going forward, your friend won't desire to earn same. It is elementary economics - purchasing power parity (PPP).

I was surprised he really lampooned the tech industry which is an industry just like the entertainment industry that has created lots of jobs and built itself without government support. At your last statement, I want to believe he is either of both and with time, he would understand,
[/quote]

Bro calm down d reason i mention fraud was...the OP mentioned sumtin about "Your Yahoo yahoo frnd shld invest in your dreams" ....

And to your second paragraph....about the earning...I answered the OP on that too....As an immigrant e was able to earn that amount of money on a packing job... Pls tell me if u know any that can earn 70k here in Nigeria { Work nr kuku dey self} ... U say sumtin about living cost been diff...i agree buh u should know it's a policy that u re paid what u can live on...Can u live with 33k as a monthly allowance ? Pls don't even compare ... I knw d conversion rate here is really bad...However it's still a beta pay...
Re: Youths, Stop Running Away From Nigeria! by GreatSage: 12:01pm On Jun 15, 2020
Hightser:

Just so you know, the world economy will collapse once Elon musk finishes his space internet, his space central wireless network will see to a global internet that the whole world will subscribe to.

Dear hightser, pls explain ur statement above. What is his space internet project called?
Re: Youths, Stop Running Away From Nigeria! by uthlaw: 12:39pm On Jun 15, 2020
Lexusgs430:
The question is, what has Nigeria got to offer the majority?

Nothing but misery, poverty, zero health policies etc etc etc

Do you blame them for porting? Even Nigeria is tired of Nigeria...... wink
even Nigeria is tired of Nigeria...amadioha will not forgive you for this!
Re: Youths, Stop Running Away From Nigeria! by uthlaw: 12:41pm On Jun 15, 2020
Na bet9ja 2odds I dey use survive since 2018 i graduated....even na ship I go follow go ibodo oyinbo ayam moving!

1 Like

Re: Youths, Stop Running Away From Nigeria! by Obsession4u: 12:48pm On Jun 15, 2020
Hightser:

Bro, shame no catch you? na pictures or tall building you still dey use as comparism grin grin

Bro u sef reason am.
See as country fine grin
9ja is so bleeped up mehn

1 Like

Re: Youths, Stop Running Away From Nigeria! by Obsession4u: 12:50pm On Jun 15, 2020
Petyprincess:
Nice write-up,

I believe most Nigerians usually blame the government for their failure. You will see them writing epistle of their life like "I'm 35 years old nd i haven't gotten a job, I can't even boast of 50k in my account,nigerian has failed me" honestly i laugh my ass out grin

The truth is no one wants to face reality or blame themselves rather blame the system nd always try to justify by comparing Nigeria to Western countries grin Infact Nigerians in diaspora thinks by hearing the word western country you will start falling for them that's how home-based Nigerians had made impression everyone here wants to leave because they are miserable here.

The truth is most abroad based will never tell you is their struggles, there is my highschool friend that traveled to Dubai nd if you see hw Nigerians are behaving on her comment section on facebook i was so embarrassed,most people will think since she traveled to Dubai she must be living her best life bt reality is she is working as a Maid nd she tells me how people be asking her money thinking she is living her best life,the racism she experience nd admitted Dubai is only meant for vacation.

If you see fine boy nd fine girls working in factory in Canada you will be surprised while sharing a room with roommates bt none of them will never tell you their struggles except if they are extremely honest.

That been said, we have Nigerians living large in foreign countries with legitimate high paying jobs but they are minority.

Above all if you feel Nigeria is not for you try your best to switch to medical school,dnt spend millions on one irrelevant course except you wants to end up working in factory!

But you don't look 35 na grin
Re: Youths, Stop Running Away From Nigeria! by mustausman(m): 12:54pm On Jun 15, 2020
If they don't run, most will be begging to survive just the way I am doing now due to closure of school.

Please a good Samaritan should help a brother with a token to get some foidstuffs.I am a private school teacher , no dime since march.... God bless the giver....

GTB, 0464929698,I.B.

The discussion will be better if we all start making the government provide enabling environment for small businesses to survive...
Re: Youths, Stop Running Away From Nigeria! by Lexusgs430: 12:54pm On Jun 15, 2020
uthlaw:
even Nigeria is tired of Nigeria...amadioha will not forgive you for this!

Oga, does amadioha believe in the truth....... cheesy
Re: Youths, Stop Running Away From Nigeria! by Petyprincess(f): 12:55pm On Jun 15, 2020
Obsession4u:

But you don't look 35 na grin
Never said i was lol,still gonna take me 1 decade nd few years to reach 35
Bt i do see it similar comments here on travel section.

2 Likes

Re: Youths, Stop Running Away From Nigeria! by Obsession4u: 1:04pm On Jun 15, 2020
Petyprincess:

Never said i was lol,still gonna take me 1 decade nd few years to reach 35
Bt i do see it similar comments here on travel section.

I for break grin
Re: Youths, Stop Running Away From Nigeria! by Swipa: 1:44pm On Jun 15, 2020
Nice thread. I'm a newbie developer.
Re: Youths, Stop Running Away From Nigeria! by Froshloaded: 2:51pm On Jun 15, 2020
Obsession4u:

Bro u sef reason am.
See as country fine grin
9ja is so bleeped up mehn
Bro are you there currently
Wanna make some enquiries
Re: Youths, Stop Running Away From Nigeria! by Hightser: 2:55pm On Jun 15, 2020
GreatSage:

Dear hightser, pls explain ur statement above. What is his space internet project called?

It's called starlink, it will ensure everyone has access to WiFi anywhere you are in the world and it promises to be faster than the average local internet connection.

Imagine access to unlimited wifi for 5 to 10$ or less for a month and 4 billion of the world population including companies and government agencies or parastetals pay that every month?

1 Like

Re: Youths, Stop Running Away From Nigeria! by Hightser: 3:00pm On Jun 15, 2020
uthlaw:
Na bet9ja 2odds I dey use survive since 2018 i graduated....even na ship I go follow go ibodo oyinbo ayam moving!

You have failed yourself and your family. But it's not late yet, your greed to use 100 naira to win millions is whats limiting your progress.

1 Like

Re: Youths, Stop Running Away From Nigeria! by Hightser: 3:02pm On Jun 15, 2020
Swipa:
Nice thread. I'm a newbie developer.

Web or mobile?
Re: Youths, Stop Running Away From Nigeria! by Hightser: 3:09pm On Jun 15, 2020
Petyprincess:
Nice write-up,

If you were close to me, I don't mind giving you 3 bottles of fanta or Coke for this comment.

I have seen someone spend 4 years chasing visa to travel out. You know what, within the 4 years, he never learnt anything to equip himself.

It's even appalling when you see a graduate of linguistics, statistics and some non professional course just finish nysc and start looking for job, I'm always like, what job? Aside administerial job what else can you do? Nothing.

That's why they ttavel out and end up working in factories, you don't have Any tech skill, no plumbing skill, no construction skill, no accounting skill, no nothing, and you think when you get to Canada they will give you a job, official car and house.

Most Nigerians outside are suffering, but because the notion of this country has failed me is no longer there, they continue to stay and struggle.
Re: Youths, Stop Running Away From Nigeria! by Hightser: 3:19pm On Jun 15, 2020
aBrokeRichDude:

I see u re one of those opportuned and am happy for u .... Note not all youth are tech inclined .... They hope to get a job to start a LIFE which is very difficult....Pls come to reality ... U earn such money doesn't mean other had that opportunity to do the same .... U work very hard to earn penny that wont feed u for a week....U talk of India...They have very gud IT institute and Engineering institute.... Hence govtment support for the youth....Bro u start up a company that can encourage d youth....Dont just com on an online forum and encourage youth can't even feed 3 times a day to take back der country without any support...

Bro the main reason i mention Germany, was: Even as an immigrant e still.got a job and receive such pay....Will that b possible in Nigeria ? Many graduate end up been a sec schl teacher earning less than expected which can't take care of everyday living....Go to.career section and see ppl who graduated yrs ago still searching for a gud job ( wen i mean gud job i mean avearge in real term) .... So baba b4 u say youth take back ur country first acknowledge what wrong and way forward and if possible help d little youth u can...they too can help others , that's how u encourage them to take back der country...

For your last paragraph ... Hahaha... I laff, seriously....dey should stop running to the west bcus of bad weather ? cheesy
On a serious note let the youth start by eliminating tribalism... They dont even work together, frm d grass root to the upper realm of government... embarassed..

I like ur strength...u should work more on this by creating a platform that can bring the youth together to encourage them...i seriously want tins to get beta in Nigeria bcus i love my country...i want to b heard of all.over the world as a Nigeria....Buh.....

Bro, I'm working on it so help me God, but truth is, one person can't solve the whole problem, every sector, starting from accounting, insurance, tech, medical, entertainment etc must have a unique goal which all will work towards.

Do you know that the hospitals in Nigeria cannot Carter for the half population of the country?

Isn't it time the medical sector is taken off the government?

Do you know most Nigerians don't know what's insurance?
Like health and property insurance?

The loopholes are in every sector and we need to do more, instead we are blaming the government.
Re: Youths, Stop Running Away From Nigeria! by Xeeex: 4:09pm On Jun 15, 2020
Obsession4u:

Look at this one sha!
You're still asking again shocked

Mehn, you go wait if Na u?
Omo I dey go no time

My point is that with the same amount of money, someone abroad will get unlimited electricity and good transportation. But someone in Nigeria will have to buy generator and be fuelling it, spend money to bribe traffic officials and other costs that won't bother you if you are in a functional system

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Flights From Lagos To Oulu, Finland / How Long Does It Take For A Uk Family Visa To Be Issued? / I'm Hiv Positive, Can I Immigrate To Canada?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 155
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.