Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,834 members, 7,828,048 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:45 PM

Trousers And Earrings: Wrong Or Right? Read This! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Trousers And Earrings: Wrong Or Right? Read This! (391 Views)

New Changes For Jehovah's Witness: Women Can Wear Trousers, Men Must Not Wear.. / Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid / Slay Queen Gives Life To Christ, Burns Her Make-Ups, Wigs & Trousers (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trousers And Earrings: Wrong Or Right? Read This! by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jun 14, 2020
As we all know, there are different denominations and different doctrines in each denomination. For some denomination, wearing trousers and putting on jewelries is totally forbidden while for others it isn’t.

Does it mean one denomination is right and the other wrong? There have been cases of corps members standing their ground against wearing the supposed mandatory style of khaki, instead they opt-in for one with skirts.

We have some denomination where there are members who do not put on trousers nor put on earrings. Churches like; Deeper Life, Mountain of Fire etc. which can evidently be seen in the picture below.
There are also cases of those that do put on earrings. Churches like; Dunamis, Living Faith Chapel etc.

There have seen cases of one denomination condemning another because either one uses trousers and earrings. There was a time I was opportune to listen to the word of God from a pastor in one of the churches mentioned above and he said, “I can never listen to a lady preaching the word of God, while putting on trousers and earrings”. When I heard that I was a little surprised and thought what is really the right or wrong on this particular topic that has caused quarrels among different denomination members. As it is said in the Bible, “Thou shalt not judge”.

So, in as much as I listened to the topic under consideration at that time, I didn’t pay much attention to the statement the pastor made. Rather I thought to read more on the subject matter and maybe get my own ministration from the Holy Spirit.

Here are some of the Bible References on matters concerning earrings and trousers; 1Peter 3vs 3 & 4(KJV) – Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting of apparel; But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price. I Timothy 2:9(KJV) – In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamedfacedness and sobriety; not with braided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array; Leviticus 19:28 (KJV)– Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the Lord. Ezekiel 16:12 (KJV) – And I put a jewel on thy forehead, and earrings in thine ears, and beautiful crown upon thine head. Deuteronomy 22:5 (ESV) – A woman shall not wear a man’s garment, nor shall a man put on a woman’s cloak, for whoever does these things is an abomination to the LORD your God.

Those are some scriptures among many others. Going through the scripture we see that while the Bible condemns earrings and jewelries in some passage, it supports it in others Also, for trousers some people are of the opinion that there are both female trousers and male trousers, as such one can’t say trousers belong to a specific gender.
I guess from all these it could mean that wearing trousers or putting on earrings is both right and wrong or one should read the Bible to seek one’s understanding concerning it. Not that it is out rightly wrong as some churches condemns it or is it completely right as some churches accepts it. What do you think?

Give your opinions in the comment section.

You can view images in the Source: https://www.operanewsapp.com/ng/en/share/detail?news_id=44a15c8d464b204ebb198a1135e38fa1&news_entry_id=sac1e9c1200614en_ng&open_type=tanscoded&request_id=news_3a789721-9c51-4f8a-bf5c-08bc9f4b2701&from=news
Re: Trousers And Earrings: Wrong Or Right? Read This! by Professorcplus(m): 7:46pm On Jun 14, 2020
Nothing is wrong or right!

1 Like

Re: Trousers And Earrings: Wrong Or Right? Read This! by Kobojunkie: 1:37am On Jun 15, 2020
@OP, whose opinion matters as far as the Christian belief is concerned? That of Jesus Christ Himself? That of some of His apostles? Or that of men pf god who call themselves pastors?

What matters is who you chose to believe.

1 Like

Re: Trousers And Earrings: Wrong Or Right? Read This! by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jun 28, 2020

1 Like

Re: Trousers And Earrings: Wrong Or Right? Read This! by petra1(m): 6:15pm On Jun 28, 2020
Your fashion is your choice as long as its decent.

(1) (Reply)

What Buhari Did To Me In My Dream Last Night. / MFM (PMCH) Power Must Change Hands Prayer Points For July 2020 (PDF) / Today Is 7-7-2020, Dodorima To The Men Wey Sabi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.