Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,881 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:20 PM

Forget Community Policing, Copy Amotekun - Igbo Union In US Advices SE Govs. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Forget Community Policing, Copy Amotekun - Igbo Union In US Advices SE Govs. (1198 Views)

I Called SE Govs To Ask Peter Obi How He Intends To Win 2023 Election- Dan Ulasi / Community Policing: FG Constables Won’t Get Salary, It’s Voluntary – Police / Buhari Receives A Delegation Of European Union In Aso Rock Today (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Forget Community Policing, Copy Amotekun - Igbo Union In US Advices SE Govs. by MetaPhysical: 6:56am On Jun 15, 2020
Magnus Eze, Enugu

The Igbo Union, an organisation of citizens and residents of Igbo extraction registered in the State of California, United States of America, have told governors of the South East states that history would be unkind to them, if they failed to protect their ancestral land.

The group also urged the governors to reject any community policing model prescribed by the Inspector-General of Police, Mohammed Adamu, noting that it would amount to unwittingly handing over security of the region to their enemies. Rather, they urged the governors to take a cue from the Yoruba of the South West and model the security arrangement of the region toward the Amotekun outfit.

In a letter dated May 30, 2020, to the five South East governors and copied governors of Delta and Rivers states, president-general of Ohanaeze Ndigbo and archbishops of Roman Catholic and Anglican Communion in the region, the Igbo Union expressed concern over what it called the insensitivity of the state chief executives to the threat and terrorisation of Igbo by suspected Fulani herdsmen roaming the villages with their cattle and AK-47 rifles.

The letter, signed by the coordinator, Ikechukwu Orji, secretary-general, Matthew Ohanele, and director, diplomacy and outreach, Dr. Ray Chimezie, among others, therefore, charged the governors to liaise with the various state Houses of Assembly and ensure quick enactment of anti-open grazing laws in their states.

The Igbo group said: “There are lots of unanswered questions about your response to the influx of Fulani militia into Igboland, which skyrocketed during the lockdown. It is a fact of history that the Fulani believe in conquering other ethnicities and inhabiting their land. Clearly, the Fulani do not believe in ‘live and let live’ as the Igbo.

“They are sworn enemies of Ndi Igbo and want to take over Igboland as the inheritance of their forefathers. They want to force us to become Moslems. They believe in total and complete domination and enslavement of others as captives or subjects. Their leaders have referred to Igboland as conquered territory, and they are determined to take it as they have done in many parts of Benue, Plateau, and other non-Islamic states in northern Nigeria.

“Popular opinions and anecdotal sources seem to suggest that the governors in the South East are compromised and working in the interest of the ruling Islamic cabals rather than their states. Evidence that seem to support this allegation include the over 360 Fulani settlements in various forests in Igboland, your failure to respond to Fulani threats in Igbo villages, lopsided compensation of Fulani for cattle loss without doing same to affected Igbo people or villages, endorsing Fulani land-grab in Igboland by failing to enact anti-grazing law as was done in states like Benue.

“The Igbo Union wants to make it clear to Igbo governors that we object to the use of the template structured by the IGP. To develop the South East security network using the template of the person or persons masterminding terrorism and planning genocide in Igboland is preposterous. It falls short of what Ndi Igbo stand for or represent.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sunnewsonline.com/v/s/www.sunnewsonline.com/igbo-union-in-us-hits-south-east-governors/amp/%3famp_js_v=0.1&usqp=mq331AQFKAGwASA%253D#ampf=
Re: Forget Community Policing, Copy Amotekun - Igbo Union In US Advices SE Govs. by Nobody: 6:57am On Jun 15, 2020
Chest beaters will not bury their egos

3 Likes

Re: Forget Community Policing, Copy Amotekun - Igbo Union In US Advices SE Govs. by JasonScoolari: 7:04am On Jun 15, 2020
For now, AMOTEKUN is a name of any local hunter, animal, place or things...

No action from them, they're just overhyped like Athletico Madrid.

6 Likes

Re: Forget Community Policing, Copy Amotekun - Igbo Union In US Advices SE Govs. by Corporate2020: 7:06am On Jun 15, 2020
We still lead while others follow.

AMOTEKUN is the pride of the Yorubas.

5 Likes

Re: Forget Community Policing, Copy Amotekun - Igbo Union In US Advices SE Govs. by helinues: 7:08am On Jun 15, 2020
Pride and arrogance won't let them

3 Likes

Re: Forget Community Policing, Copy Amotekun - Igbo Union In US Advices SE Govs. by Sammy07: 7:28am On Jun 15, 2020
JasonScoolari:

No action from them?

Don't let hate, cloud your sense of reasoning.

https://www.nairaland.com/5813855/herdsmen-cows-chased-out-ekiti

https://www.nairaland.com/5880813/osun-amotekun-catches-gang-leader

https://www.nairaland.com/5879226/two-men-arrested-amotekun-stealing

https://www.nairaland.com/5833711/osun-arrests-17-chinese-traditional

Anyone that travelled via Osun will agree with me that Amotekun worked more than the police, cos no one was able to come in to Osogbo from Kwara, likewise, I wasn't able to come in to Osun from Ondo. During the lock door
Amotekun stayed at Ifetedo in Osun state sending travellers from Ondo back cool

Don't just stay in your village and write what you know nothing about.

18 Likes

Re: Forget Community Policing, Copy Amotekun - Igbo Union In US Advices SE Govs. by BlowYourMind: 7:29am On Jun 15, 2020
South East governors are cowards, they don't want to be in the black book of buhari

3 Likes

Re: Forget Community Policing, Copy Amotekun - Igbo Union In US Advices SE Govs. by Freestainworld(m): 7:40am On Jun 15, 2020
they are still licking Buhari's ass

1 Like

Re: Forget Community Policing, Copy Amotekun - Igbo Union In US Advices SE Govs. by Daddysidhan: 7:40am On Jun 15, 2020
Oya Igbo copy your sophisticated masters to stay alive.

3 Likes

Re: Forget Community Policing, Copy Amotekun - Igbo Union In US Advices SE Govs. by Tranquillity360: 7:43am On Jun 15, 2020
Copy Amotekun that can only arrest Chicken thieves.
Re: Forget Community Policing, Copy Amotekun - Igbo Union In US Advices SE Govs. by Vyzz: 7:47am On Jun 15, 2020
It's seems Yorubas are home to more tribalistic bigots in Nigeria than any other tribe....

I mean look at the thread....

Its too bad for someone who their brother stole from USA

1 Like

Re: Forget Community Policing, Copy Amotekun - Igbo Union In US Advices SE Govs. by ERockson: 7:56am On Jun 15, 2020
SE will launch their Security outfit after they might have lost their opportunity to produce Igbo president after 2023. They just want to be in the good book of Buhari at the detriment of security of life of the Ndigbo. Guess who they are? Cowards lipsrsealed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forget Community Policing, Copy Amotekun - Igbo Union In US Advices SE Govs. by Nobody: 8:17am On Jun 15, 2020
ERockson:
SE will launch their Security outfit after they might have lost their opportunity to produce Igbo president after 2023. They just want to be in the good book of Buhari at the detriment of security of life of the Ndigbo. Guess who they are? Cowards lipsrsealed

Experience they say, is the best teacher...
Re: Forget Community Policing, Copy Amotekun - Igbo Union In US Advices SE Govs. by obo389(m): 8:47am On Jun 15, 2020
Sammy07:

No action from them?

Don't let hate, cloud your sense of reasoning.

https://www.nairaland.com/5813855/herdsmen-cows-chased-out-ekiti

https://www.nairaland.com/5880813/osun-amotekun-catches-gang-leader

https://www.nairaland.com/5879226/two-men-arrested-amotekun-stealing

https://www.nairaland.com/5833711/osun-arrests-17-chinese-traditional

Anyone that travelled via Osun will agree with me that Amotekun worked more than the police, cos no one was able to come in to Osogbo from Kwara, likewise, I wasn't able to come in to Osun from Ondo. During the lock door
Amotekun stayed at Ifetedo in Osun state sending travellers from Ondo back cool

Don't just stay in your village and write what you know nothing about.
You forgot to mention those illegal Chinese miners in ilesa caught extracting gold.

3 Likes

Re: Forget Community Policing, Copy Amotekun - Igbo Union In US Advices SE Govs. by Commonsense99: 8:49am On Jun 15, 2020
Vyzz:
It's seems Yorubas are home to more tribalistic bigots in Nigeria than any other tribe....

And ironically these same poeple have the temerity to say black lives matter.. They don't believe their tribal bigotry is worst than racism, this is the reason why Nnamdi kanu and his followers want out. How can you share a country with these kind of people?
Daddysidhan:
Oya Igbo copy your sophisticated masters to stay alive.
BlowYourMind:
South East governors are cowards, they don't want to be in the black book of buhari
Freestainworld:
they are still licking Buhari's ass
Corporate2020:
We still lead while others follow.

AMOTEKUN is the pride of the Yorubas.

For me I think black man is the problem of his fellow black man

1 Like

Re: Forget Community Policing, Copy Amotekun - Igbo Union In US Advices SE Govs. by sweetsell: 8:57am On Jun 15, 2020
Bro I am yet to see a tribe filled with as much coward in my entire life. It is pathetic to say the least, this set of clowns are the ones disturbing NL for freedom when they know the road to Aso rock where their freedom lies. Shame of a tribe.

ERockson:
Your eye just de clear.. The awareness is still ongoing Igbos will willingly withdraw their children from school in the SW n relocate your biz to the East thag is when you will know it is set sebi una sabi insult well ba?!

Commonsense99:

And ironically these same poeple have the temerity to say black lives matter.. They don't believe their tribal bigotry is worst than racism, this is the reason why Nnamdi kanu and his followers want out. How can you share a country with these kind of people?

For me I think black man is the problem of his fellow black man
Re: Forget Community Policing, Copy Amotekun - Igbo Union In US Advices SE Govs. by BlowYourMind: 8:58am On Jun 15, 2020
Commonsense99:

The same Kanu is the architect of tribalism and hate speech, he divided Nigerians with hate speech, he should have agitate for whatever be his problem without dragging other tribes into it he is myopic and mentally deformed

4 Likes

Re: Forget Community Policing, Copy Amotekun - Igbo Union In US Advices SE Govs. by Sammy07: 9:03am On Jun 15, 2020
obo389:

You forgot to mention those illegal Chinese miners in ilesa caught extracting gold.

Yeah, I included it sir.
it's the last link in my comment

1 Like

Re: Forget Community Policing, Copy Amotekun - Igbo Union In US Advices SE Govs. by Wickedfacts: 9:04am On Jun 15, 2020
JasonScoolari:

Yet, your most exposed elites are begging for replication of Amotekun in your muddy region.

Well, it is good for Igbos not to have Amotekun. At least, when the Fulanis are pushed out of SW, they can carry their criminal actions to the SE and stay there freely.

5 Likes

Re: Forget Community Policing, Copy Amotekun - Igbo Union In US Advices SE Govs. by Wickedfacts: 9:07am On Jun 15, 2020
Vyzz:

Stay here and be talking nonsense when herdsmen are rap1ng your mother in Igboland. Fulanis would wipe you people out and nothing would happen because you are very foolish.

4 Likes

Re: Forget Community Policing, Copy Amotekun - Igbo Union In US Advices SE Govs. by SmartPolician: 9:23am On Jun 15, 2020
ERockson:

It's not cowardice; they are threading with caution.

No region in this country had (and still have) made numerous attempts to pull out of the country like the Igbos

Any security move that doesn't align with that of the center will be perceived as arming the region in another effort to secede.

The Yorubas will get away with it because they are pro-Nigeria.

Another region that will raise the president's eyebrows is the South South because they are also known for agitation

So, the state security operatives will never allow the South South set up a security network without giving them a template.

1 Like

Re: Forget Community Policing, Copy Amotekun - Igbo Union In US Advices SE Govs. by techmo(m): 9:38am On Jun 15, 2020
cool

Ibos must find away to smuggle , words like Yoruba, SouthWest , Afonja, Tinubu, Osinbajo in their write up

why not site examples of Hisbah, and Civillian JTF, why must they use Amotekun as example?

Even the mentaly unstable Kanu is crying about Hushpuppi get prefrential treatment that invicticus obi cos he is yoruba

3 Likes

Re: Forget Community Policing, Copy Amotekun - Igbo Union In US Advices SE Govs. by Nobody: 9:47am On Jun 15, 2020
SmartPolician:

It's not cowardice; they are threading with caution.

No region in this country had (and still have) made numerous attempts to pull out of the country like the Igbos

Any security move that doesn't align with that of the center will be perceived as arming the region in another effort to secede.

The Yorubas will get away with it because they are pro-Nigeria.

Another region that will raise the president's eyebrows is the South South because they are also known for agitation

So, the state security operatives will never allow the South South set up a security network without giving them a template.

Ameotekun was labeled a terrorist group and unconstitutional too, the reason why the Yorubas won is because of our unified voice and we fought them by the book, we signed Amotekun into the constitution . In order to have something like this to be successful you’d have to do it with smarts and the power of the pen.

3 Likes

Re: Forget Community Policing, Copy Amotekun - Igbo Union In US Advices SE Govs. by obo389(m): 9:47am On Jun 15, 2020
Sammy07:

Yeah, I included it sir.
it's the last link in my comment
Ok
Re: Forget Community Policing, Copy Amotekun - Igbo Union In US Advices SE Govs. by SmartPolician: 9:49am On Jun 15, 2020
DuwaRepublic:

Ameotekun was labeled a terrorist group and unconditional too, the reason why the Yorubas won is because of our unified voice and we fought them by the book, we signed Amotekun into the constitution . In order to have something like this to be successful you’d have to do it with smarts and the power of the pen.

All these things you are saying are irrelevant

I have stated the core reason

The South South cannot form a security network without Federal interference

Go and mark it somewhere
Re: Forget Community Policing, Copy Amotekun - Igbo Union In US Advices SE Govs. by Nobody: 9:51am On Jun 15, 2020
SmartPolician:

All these things you are saying are irrelevant

I have stated the core reason

The South South cannot form a security network without Federal interference

Go and mark it somewhere

The south south are not unified. Do they speak with one voice? Igbos can successfully have their own security outfit if you work towards it using Amotekun as a template.

2 Likes

Re: Forget Community Policing, Copy Amotekun - Igbo Union In US Advices SE Govs. by Vyzz: 12:27pm On Jun 15, 2020
Wickedfacts:

Stay here and be talking nonsense when herdsmen are rap1ng your mother in Igboland. Fulanis would wipe you people out and nothing would happen because you are very foolish.

U said I am talking nonsense

Yet I don't see the sense in what u said here...
Re: Forget Community Policing, Copy Amotekun - Igbo Union In US Advices SE Govs. by Wickedfacts: 12:35pm On Jun 15, 2020
Vyzz:

U said I am talking nonsense
Yet I don't see the sense in what u said here...

You can't see it cos you are blind to the truth. Go to the front page, fulanis still killed an Igbo man and threatened to come back to kill more.

You are a refugee, slaving away in another person's land, yet and you don't want your people in Igboland to enjoy the security you enjoy. If everyone was stupid and refused to secure themselves, would you be safe where you are?

2 Likes

Re: Forget Community Policing, Copy Amotekun - Igbo Union In US Advices SE Govs. by Vyzz: 12:40pm On Jun 15, 2020
Wickedfacts:

You can't see it cos you are blind to the truth. Go to the front page, fulanis still killed an Igbo man and threatened to come back to kill more.

You are a refugee, slaving away in another person's land, yet and you don't want your people in Igboland to enjoy the security you enjoy. If everyone was stupid and refused to secure themselves, would you be safe where you are?

Brother how about u cool down and wait for ur sense to catch up with u before u say another thing....

I am currently in Igbo land

And this is where I have always been... Aba to be precised...

And I tell u that fulani whatever no dey do anything here.... The no get say.

So how about u shut up... Face ur fathers land and remove ur eyes from mine.

If a problem comes out here we will settle it ourselves

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gov Obiano/anambra Hotel Owners Inspect International Conference Centre, Awka(ph / Northern Leaders Responsible For Insecurity In North – Matawalle / Simon Epka Vs Kanu's Secretary: IPOB Leaders Clash Over Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.