Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,307 members, 7,836,336 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:31 AM

The 4 Types Of Christians I Know(opinion) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The 4 Types Of Christians I Know(opinion) (440 Views)

10 Countries With The Largest Number Of Christians- Statisense / Christians,i Need Your Attention. / Doubt And Unbelieve: The Devil's Trick On Christians.I was Once A Victim. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The 4 Types Of Christians I Know(opinion) by ApostleAnarchy(m): 9:04am On Jun 15, 2020
There are four types of christians that i know and i have once been like each of them once in my life.
The Dormant Christian: These are christians who once had the word of God in them but have long shut it out. They have great tendencies of becoming very powerful and upright in Christ once they regain themselves.
The Babies In Christ:. They are the newly converted christians who are not fully grounded knowledge-wise in Christ but are filled and led by the holy spirit. If they are guided by an older Christian, they will wrought wonders in Christ.
The Fearful Christian:. They are those christians who repent over and over again due to mostly fear of hell fire and Rapture. Once they strengthen themselves in the word of God, their love for Christ becomes indestructable
The Sons of God(recommended): .They are those christians who are down to the Earth. Most might appear wretched here on Earth but they are highly filled with Christ. They have no will of themselves but carry out the divine will of God.

Which of these christians are you?

Shalom
Re: The 4 Types Of Christians I Know(opinion) by Kobojunkie: 5:38pm On Jun 17, 2020
ApostleAnarchy:
There are four types of christians that i know and i have once been like each of them once in my life.
The Dormant Christian: These are christians who once had the word of God in them but have long shut it out. They have great tendencies of becoming very powerful and upright in Christ once they regain themselves.
Shut it out? How did they manage to shut God(the Spirit of God) up? undecided
What steps are needed to boot God (the Spirit of God) back up from such a state? undecided
ApostleAnarchy:
The Babies In Christ:. They are the newly converted christians who are not fully grounded knowledge-wise in Christ but are filled and led by the holy spirit. If they are guided by an older Christian, they will wrought wonders in Christ.
Did Jesus Christ say that those who come to Him, should be guided by "older" Christians or should be guided by Himself(through the Spirit of Truth which you suggest lives on the inside of them)? undecided
ApostleAnarchy:
The Fearful Christian:. They are those christians who repent over and over again due to mostly fear of hell fire and Rapture. Once they strengthen themselves in the word of God, their love for Christ becomes indestructable
Repent over and over again? undecided
ApostleAnarchy:
The Sons of God(recommended): .They are those christians who are down to the Earth. Most might appear wretched here on Earth but they are highly filled with Christ. They have no will of themselves but carry out the divine will of God.
Down to Earth? Personality-wise or what? Ever met one of those? undecided
Re: The 4 Types Of Christians I Know(opinion) by ApostleAnarchy(m): 8:57am On Jun 21, 2020
Happy Sunday patriarchs in Christ.
Re: The 4 Types Of Christians I Know(opinion) by ApostleAnarchy(m): 8:58am On Jun 21, 2020
Kobojunkie:
What steps are needed to boot God (the Spirit of God) back up from such a state? undecided

Did Jesus Christ say that those who come to Him, should be guided by "older" Christians or should be guided by Himself(through the Spirit of Truth which you suggest lives on the inside of them)? undecided
Will explain shortly
Re: The 4 Types Of Christians I Know(opinion) by ApostleAnarchy(m): 9:45am On Jun 21, 2020
Kobojunkie:
By this, i mean that they know the truth of the gospel but due to dwelling on carnality, they've gone astray.
Kobojunkie:
What steps are needed to boot God (the Spirit of God) back up from such a state? undecided [quote/] At such point, such individual would need to study the word of God once again with all sincerity in heart and a deep desire to know the lord once again. If properly done, the fire of the holy spirit would be rekindled fully in him/her.
[quote author=Kobojunkie post=90776612]Did Jesus Christ say that those who come to Him, should be guided by "older" Christians or should be guided by Himself(through the Spirit of Truth which you suggest lives on the inside of them)? undecided
To answer this question, though we ought to be teachers by now , there are still some Christians who need a little boost from christians who are grounded and more conversant with God's word of truth, i suggest that such individual should be aided to the right lane to God and then handed over to be taught by the holy spirit.
Kobojunkie:
This is still due to abandoning the path of salvation due to short-lived wordly pleasures and repenting on remembering the terrible wrath of God to the sinful
Kobojunkie:
By this, i mean total humility. Although i haven't met one but i have seen some who try at least.
I adjure us all to keep to God's word. Happy Sunday once again.
Re: The 4 Types Of Christians I Know(opinion) by Kobojunkie: 5:15am On Jun 24, 2020
ApostleAnarchy:
The Dormant Christian: By this, i mean that they know the truth of the gospel but due to dwelling on carnality, they've gone astray.At such point, such individual would need to study the word of God once again with all sincerity in heart and a deep desire to know the lord once again. If properly done, the fire of the holy spirit would be rekindled fully in him/her.
So you admit that there is a difference between knowing the truth of the Gospel and in fact applying it in their lives? Meaning they weren't even born again to begin with?
ApostleAnarchy:
The Babies In Christ:.To answer this question, though we ought to be teachers by now , there are still some Christians who need a little boost from christians who are grounded and more conversant with God's word of truth, i suggest that such individual should be aided to the right lane to God and then handed over to be taught by the holy spirit.
No... Jesus never called His own to become Teachers.

Matthew 23 vs 8-12
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
8. But you are not to be called rabbi, for you have one teacher, and you are all brothers.[c]
9. And call no man your father on earth, for you have one Father, who is in heaven.
10. Neither be called instructors, for you have one instructor, the Christ.
11. The greatest among you shall be your servant.
12. Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.
To become a teacher is to assume one has amassed enough knowledge in the first place, and I doubt any of us will ever get there, not until we are on the other side. That is why I like the advice that apostle John gave all those who believe in... Let the Spirit of God be your one and only teacher. Rather, what I believe Jesus Christ wanted from the beginning was and still is, for us to teach nothing but that which He taught His disciples -- His teachings, His way, nothing else, and nothing blended in or taken out.
So, since the same Spirit of God lives inside of the so-called Baby Christians and the "grown-up" Christians, why not simply let the Spirit do the job for which He was assigned to us, in the first place?
ApostleAnarchy:
The Fearful Christian:. This is still due to abandoning the path of salvation due to short-lived wordly pleasures and repenting on remembering the terrible wrath of God to the sinful
Yet more non-born again Christians who probably don't even realize that they are expected to do work in order to become born again to begin with.
ApostleAnarchy:
The Sons of God(recommended): .By this, i mean total humility. Although i haven't met one but i have seen some who try at least.
I adjure us all to keep to God's word. Happy Sunday once again.
Total humility? Humility to whom? God or their fellow man?
Re: The 4 Types Of Christians I Know(opinion) by orisa37: 6:17am On Jun 24, 2020
ApostleAnarchy is CONFUSION. Hear him Not.
Re: The 4 Types Of Christians I Know(opinion) by ApostleAnarchy(m): 9:54am On Jun 24, 2020
Kobojunkie:
So you admit that there is a difference between knowing the truth of the Gospel and in fact applying it in their lives? Meaning they weren't even born again to begin with?

ApostleAnarchy: It's not our portion though, but are you not aware of the works of the Kingdom of darkness, that they toil daily to make us lose the power in the word of God through sin and Earthly desires?
@thebolded; You can't really apply the word of God, One thing is hearing and knowing the word, another is letting it lead your life. To the Christians i refer to in that context, they stop being led by the Word of God and succumb to wordly desires at intervals,though they are still christians

Kobojunkie:No... Jesus never called His own to become Teachers.
To become a teacher is to assume one has amassed enough knowledge in the first place, and I doubt any of us will ever get there, not until we are on the other side. That is why I like the advice that apostle John gave all those who believe in... Let the Spirit of God be your one and only teacher. Rather, what I believe Jesus Christ wanted from the beginning was and still is, for us to teach nothing but that which He taught His disciples -- His teachings, His way, nothing else, and nothing blended in or taken out.
So, since the same Spirit of God lives inside of the so-called Baby Christians and the "grown-up" Christians, why not simply let the Spirit do the job for which He was assigned to us, in the first place?

ApostleAnarchy:
There are gifts that can be gotten from the spirit of God and amongst those gifts is a supernatural knowledge in teaching others.(See:Romans 12 verse 6-8,Corinthians 12 Verse 7 - 8 ). If there are those with such gift around the individual, then he/she is free to be taught by the gifted ones based on what's written in the scriptures. But like you said it gets more difficult to find these gifted ones as the years go by, so to avoid false doctrines, it's best to let the spirit of Christ teach the individual as this develops the individual's faith easily unless there is urgent need for a teacher .

Kobojunkie:
Yet more non-born again Christians who probably don't even realize that they are expected to do work in order to become born again to begin with.

ApostleAnarchy:
That's correct. But genuinely believing in Christ does about 60% of the work in gaining Salvation if only they endure.

Kobojunkie:
Total humility? Humility to whom? God or their fellow man?

ApostleAnarchy
Their fellow man , for we are here as servants in order to be exalted in Heaven. Humility is when you relate freely and serve those who are far below you
Humility is when you accept being treated below your standard/liking for Christ's sake.
I pray we become humble and lowly just as Christ was, when on Earth.

Its been a long rude bro. The more we drag on, the lesser sense we make. Belief, faith and Endurance are the key attributes to have as a true Christian in summary

Shalom
Re: The 4 Types Of Christians I Know(opinion) by Kobojunkie: 7:37pm On Jun 24, 2020
ApostleAnarchy:
ApostleAnarchy: It's not our portion though, but are you not aware of the works of the Kingdom of darkness, that they toil daily to make us lose the power in the word of God through sin and Earthly desires?
@thebolded; You can't really apply the word of God, One thing is hearing and knowing the word, another is letting it lead your life. To the Christians i refer to in that context, they stop being led by the Word of God and succumb to wordly desires at intervals,though they are still christians
Ok
ApostleAnarchy:
ApostleAnarchy:There are gifts that can be gotten from the spirit of God and amongst those gifts is a supernatural knowledge in teaching others.(See:Romans 12 verse 6-8,Corinthians 12 Verse 7 - 8 ). If there are those with such gift around the individual, then he/she is free to be taught by the gifted ones based on what's written in the scriptures. But like you said it gets more difficult to find these gifted ones as the years go by, so to avoid false doctrines, it's best to let the spirit of Christ teach the individual as this develops the individual's faith easily unless there is urgent need for a teacher .
Do you believe what is written in Paul's letters over what Jesus Christ Himself commanded? Paul says there are supernatural gifts of teaching, yet Jesus Christ, the one we serve says that We are not to become Teachers. Who do you believe ? Whose word is Truth? Who do you serve? Jesus Christ or Paul? undecided
It is really that Simple!
ApostleAnarchy:
ApostleAnarchy:
That's correct. But genuinely believing in Christ does about 60% of the work in gaining Salvation if only they endure.
Jesus Christ commanded us to do His work. Our belief alone does not make the need to do the work disappear. In fact our belief is worth nothing if we do not do the work that is commanded. I particularly like the way John the apostle put it.

1 John 2 vs 3-6
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3. If we obey what God has told us to do, then we are sure that we know him.
4. If we say we know God but do not obey his commands, we are lying. The truth is not in us.
5. But when we obey God’s teaching, his love is truly working in us. This is how we know that we are living in him.
6. If we say we live in God, we must live the way Jesus lived.
Anyone who claims to believe but does not do the work commanded is a liar and Jesus Christ, the Truth of God, does not live inside such a person. grin
ApostleAnarchy:
ApostleAnarchy
Their fellow man , for we are here as servants in order to be exalted in Heaven. Humility is when you relate freely and serve those who are far below you
Humility is when you accept being treated below your standard/liking for Christ's sake.
I pray we become humble and lowly just as Christ was, when on Earth.
ok

(1) (Reply)

Partakers Of His Suffering / Book Of James - NLT (this version Is much clearer) / How To Tap Into God's Frequency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.