Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,467 members, 7,819,703 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

Jobs In Dubai (scam Or Real) - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Jobs In Dubai (scam Or Real) (533 Views)

Career Advice Needed. Remain In Dubai Or Accept An Employment Offer In Berlin? / How To Write Cover Letter For Jobs In Nigeria 2018 / Truth For The Wise: Don’t Expect More Jobs In The Future (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jobs In Dubai (scam Or Real) by ALOnymous: 9:16am On Jun 15, 2020
Hey NLders,

I'm a Mechanical Engineer with one of the telecom maintenance firms here in Lagos, but since this corona virus outbreak, things have been shaky kind of.
So I filled out some online job search through various platforms, and this morning I got a call from one of the "Dubai recruitment agents" (Jobs in Dubai) asking me to activate my account through a link and pay $85CAD.
This ones are claiming that if I get the job, the employer will cover all the travel cost, but as a Lagos guy with years of "Scam experience", I say make I confirm first from the Ogas in the house. Please help a brother out.

Has anyone in here travelled through this means, or had any encounter with such "agents"?

Your response will be appreciated.
Re: Jobs In Dubai (scam Or Real) by Kraytur: 9:28am On Jun 15, 2020
Oga most people behind that online thing na Nigerians and they’re scammers

I’ve just returned from Dubai 2 months ago and wetin my eyes see concerning job acquisition no be here o

So if you wanna work there carry your two legs enter with a job permit and search jobs yourself I believe in two weeks of your stay there you should get reasonable job but sometimes you have to be patient

With this corona sha jobs go Dey

I have direct links for visas and airline tickets and even jobs I have experience

I don’t run a company I’m an individual like you but I can help thank u

1 Like

Re: Jobs In Dubai (scam Or Real) by Nettybrown(m): 9:40am On Jun 15, 2020
Some are real while some are not. Be very careful pls.

1 Like

Re: Jobs In Dubai (scam Or Real) by ALOnymous: 10:05am On Jun 15, 2020
Thanks man. I know a couple of guys that went to Dubai too and came back in no time, claiming that getting a job there is quite difficult.
I shock as Oyinbo (in the name of recruiting agent) dey call me for phone interview this morning sha grin grin

Kraytur:
Oga most people behind that online thing na Nigerians and they’re scammers

I’ve just returned from Dubai 2 months ago and wetin my eyes see concerning job acquisition no be here o

So if you wanna work there carry your two legs enter with a job permit and search jobs yourself I believe in two weeks of your stay there you should get reasonable job but sometimes you have to be patient

With this corona sha jobs go Dey

I have direct links for visas and airline tickets and even jobs I have experience

I don’t run a company I’m an individual like you but I can help thank u
Re: Jobs In Dubai (scam Or Real) by ALOnymous: 10:06am On Jun 15, 2020
Nettybrown:
Some are real while some are not. Be very careful pls.

Thanks man
Re: Jobs In Dubai (scam Or Real) by Kraytur: 10:48am On Jun 15, 2020
ALOnymous:
Thanks man. I know a couple of guys that went to Dubai too and came back in no time, claiming that getting a job there is quite difficult.
I shock as Oyinbo (in the name of recruiting agent) dey call me for phone interview this morning sha grin grin

You go know say dem Dey find money

If you pay money to them you’re on your own o

I know as me and my optometrist doctor friend waka the whole Dubai mall Dey find job e no easy for that side bro go sa or Israel or anywhere else do your research
Re: Jobs In Dubai (scam Or Real) by Toyosienna: 10:48am On Jun 15, 2020
ALOnymous:
Hey NLders,

I'm a Mechanical Engineer with one of the telecom maintenance firms here in Lagos, but since this corona virus outbreak, things have been shaky kind of.
So I filled out some online job search through various platforms, and this morning I got a call from one of the "Dubai recruitment agents" (Jobs in Dubai) asking me to activate my account through a link and pay $85CAD.
This ones are claiming that if I get the job, the employer will cover all the travel cost, but as a Lagos guy with years of "Scam experience", I say make I confirm first from the Ogas in the house. Please help a brother out.

Has anyone in here travelled through this means, or had any encounter with such "agents"?

First that cal is a scammer call and again uae right now it difficult to get job,Covid19 make it worse and in uae visa most peoples claim agent either the person is their 1 month or 2months he will automatic turn agent ,most don’t job ,they feed on money they collect on newbies ,in a nutshell if you dey manage for naija better stay
Re: Jobs In Dubai (scam Or Real) by helpsomeone: 5:44pm On Jun 15, 2020
ALOnymous:
Hey NLders,

. See, these people are confirmed scammer. I ran to their hands sometime around 2013 seeking for jobs in Dubai. I knew they are scammer. The day I got to Dubai myself, I confirmed it. They are not real. So, run
Re: Jobs In Dubai (scam Or Real) by ALOnymous: 10:52am On Jun 16, 2020
Thanks guys, a word they say is enough for the wise.
Re: Jobs In Dubai (scam Or Real) by rohaan: 11:07am On Jun 16, 2020
Just thought I’d put together a quick blog post for you today letting you know that Forex Fury is continuing to perform very well.
Forex Fury

(1) (Reply)

Pls Help!!! Should I Pursue A PHD In U.S Or Medicine And Surgery In Nigeria / How Do I Go Abroad With A Degree In Science Lab Tech. / My Opinion On The Whole Toxic Work Place Bruhaha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.