Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,849 members, 7,956,180 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 07:06 AM

Choices - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Choices (244 Views)

Choices- A Story On Breast Cancer Awareness (excerpts) / Choices- To Be Alive And Loved Is Entirely Your Choice / Choices: Another Perspective (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Choices by Nobody: 10:11am On Jun 15, 2020
THE BOOK: CHOICES
By : Timipre Andrew
CHAPTER ONE
Sandra got up from the bed,although she was still feeling sleepy,she could not ignore her mother's call. After getting dressed up for another stressful day,she sluggishly went outside her room.
"Mama,good morning! Sorry I didn't respond quickly to your call,I had to get properly dressed",she said as she unpacked the cereals from the bag her elder brother,Boss,had brought with him the previous night. 'Sandra,you wake up very late these days. Is there anything wrong?',Sandra's mother said with a mouthful of cereal. "Mom,I've just been in too much stress of late,that's probably the reason mama",Sandra said with a bit of a smirk."And by the way mom,you shouldn't be worrying about my waking up late. You should be worried about how your son is still in bed up till 9:23 mama,9:23."Sandra said. 'can you even hear yourself,Sandra? Who gave you what you're eating now?why don't you go and meet your useless ex husband for money for food', mama said with a very long hiss."Ah! Mama,just because he left me,that doesn't mean that he's useless",'Sandra,this man cheated on you and still sent you packing! And you still love him?Sandra you're killing yourself oh', Mama said as she packed her dishes off the table.
Sandra stayed at the dinning for a very long time before getting up. She washed the dishes,arranged the house properly before going out to get some stuffs from the Supermarket. She was so tensed up. It was a year after her husband and her had been divorced,but she felt like it was just days ago.She got into the Supermarket,and then to the rack of champagne. There was a man standing there too. He was tall,dark,and he wore a very serious face. She took a bottle of Brut,although she had never seen it before . "Uhmm,if I were you I wouldn't take that one",he said handing over a bottle of Moët and Chandon imperial.' Thank you!',she said as she dropped off the one she had collected and took the one he gave to her." You're welcome! By the way,I'm Wilson", he said with a smile.' I'm Sandra',she said as she smiled back at him. 'So, you're having any celebration at home? The Champagne' he asked as they walked to the counter." Oh, that.I just needed to drink on something",she asked as she starred at him,who was looking elsewhere. "What about you? I see you have a high taste in them!", she asked still starring at him,but this time around he starred back,with a smile. 'I take them a lot,so probably,yes I have',he said smiling.
They got to the counter,paid off and went out together." So where are you heading to?I can drop you off,if you don't mind?",he asked on reaching his car. It was a Range rover sport. 'Don't worry,I'll just take a keke or something back home',she said." Oh come on! okay,for courtesy sake please.I insist!",he said opening the door for her.' Thank you',Sandra said as she entered into the car. He shut the door with a very broad smile on his face. He got into the car,started it and drove off." You didn't tell me where you live Sandra",Wilson asked facing her instead of the road.' Don't get us killed oh! And I live at Ikeja',"Oh okay",he said still looking at her. It was clear why he was always starring at her,Sandra was beautiful,light brown-skinned,she had a good body size (not too thin or too fat) and body shape and a very dark long hair.
He got to her house and dropped her off. She was about to open her gate when he called at her. "Sorry,can I have your number?so at least we can...",'Sure!',she said interrupting him. She gave him her number,talked for a little while,then he left. She got into the house,dropped off what she had bought,and then went to the living room to watch a movie series. She was still watching the movie,when her mother came out of her room and joined her in watching the movie. Both of them spent more that four hours in watching the movie before they realized that they hadn't prepared anything for themselves and boss to eat. They left afterwards to the kitchen to prepare something.
"How was your day at the supermarket Sandra ?",Mama asked while cutting the vegetables they'd use in preparing their dish.' Mama,it was normal. Just like every other days!',Sandra replied." Well,I was at the balcony when you arrived",mama said with a sheepish smile." Or don't you want to talk about it ?", 'mama,I met him at the supermarket. He recommended a champaign for me and offered to drop me off,that's all.' Sandra said smiling. Mama looked at her in surprise,wondering why she smiled like she did." Okay,that's all! But he told you something at the gate,didn't he?", 'He was just asking for my number in order to keep in touch,you're too nosey mama!', " Sandra,after what Gabriel did to you,I won't watch you walk into another Gabriel oh",'Ok,so can I get what you're insinuating mama?', "Be sure he has a good intention first!!",'And who said I want to get into any form of relationship with him? If not friendship mama?'," And who said you were going to get into any relationship with Gabriel,if not friendship? Sandra!!!you do not know what might happen",'Mama,nothing is going to happen. Haha!why are you sounding like this na mama?',"The man looks gentle by the way!",Mama said walking out of the kitchen and laughing while Sandra stayed back and did the same.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Do You Need A Competent Writer, Editor Or Proofreader? / Do You Need A Competent Writer, Editor Or Proofreader? / 4 Tips To Be A Better Writer And Get More Engagements On Your Posts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.