Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,810 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

Please I Need Help... How Do I Recover My Files Pls - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Please I Need Help... How Do I Recover My Files Pls (821 Views)

How Can I Retrieve My Files From A Broken Phone / Help!!! I Just Got Scammed On Jiji. What Can I Do To Recover My Money / Help Needed! I Want To Retrieve My Files From My Spoilt X10S Tablet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Need Help... How Do I Recover My Files Pls by TemiGod(f): 1:58pm On Jun 15, 2020
I was using my phone yesterday when all of a sudden the screen stopped responding. I thought the phone was hanging so I hard rebooted(I couldn't shut down because no part of the screen was responding) thinking it will solve the whole issue but nothing still, the screen was still not responding.

I waited for the battery to drain so I could use volume button down and power button to go to factory mode and reboot from there but still the same. I was sha pressing different stuffs to see if I will see anything to know the issue with the screen.
That's how I went to click on "clear eMMc" oo. I was not sure what it meant but I clicked on it thinking it will ask me "yes" or "no" but the next thing it showed was "clearing data". I rebooted the phone immediately, about 5 seconds, when it showed "clearing data” but when it rebooted it was showing " welcome".
Pls don't welcome me anywhere I just want my files ��. How can 3 years worth files be deleted in 5 seconds just like that ��.
I've not touched the phone since yesterday night , I can't bear to see that all my files have been deleted ��
I don't even have my WhatsApp recently backed up.
Pls help me recover my files ��
embarassed
Re: Please I Need Help... How Do I Recover My Files Pls by TemiGod(f): 2:26pm On Jun 15, 2020
Ejo e epp mi ooo don't look and Waka pass embarassed

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Help... How Do I Recover My Files Pls by TemiGod(f): 6:18pm On Jun 15, 2020
pls all the geniuses in the house cc: genius43, jboixxx, atheistandproud, naijasensei
pls come to my rescue

pls is there any hope to recover my files :[

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Help... How Do I Recover My Files Pls by jboixxx: 6:23pm On Jun 15, 2020
Sorry, ma'am. What kinda phone are we talking about? I'm not sure you can recover those files but who knows, I may not be that current again.

GrandMufti, Gidieberry and Olayinkajnr, you've got a hint?

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Help... How Do I Recover My Files Pls by TemiGod(f): 6:51pm On Jun 15, 2020
jboixxx:
Sorry, ma'am. What kinda phone are we talking about? I'm not sure you can recover those files but who knows, I may not be that current again.

GrandMufti, Gidieberry and Olayinkajnr, you've got a hint?

Thanks
It's infinix *adds heavy tears* embarassed embarassed
Re: Please I Need Help... How Do I Recover My Files Pls by jboixxx: 6:52pm On Jun 15, 2020
TemiGod:

Thanks
It's infinix *adds heavy tears* embarassed embarassed
Meet the Infinix gurus for possible assistance.

https://www.nairaland.com/4117343/infinix-discussion-thread

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Help... How Do I Recover My Files Pls by TemiGod(f): 7:42pm On Jun 15, 2020
jboixxx:
Meet the Infinix gurus for possible assistance.

https://www.nairaland.com/4117343/infinix-discussion-thread

Thanks, I totally forgot about that.
Thanks for your input, I appreciate
Re: Please I Need Help... How Do I Recover My Files Pls by atheistandproud(m): 7:51pm On Jun 15, 2020
TemiGod:
pls all the geniuses in the house cc: genius43, jboixxx, atheistandproud, naijasensei
pls come to my rescue

My dear, e don go oh.
Re: Please I Need Help... How Do I Recover My Files Pls by Drevidia(m): 8:04pm On Jun 15, 2020
You can recover the files but it is very hard
Re: Please I Need Help... How Do I Recover My Files Pls by naijasensei: 8:37pm On Jun 15, 2020
TemiGod:
pls come to my rescue

Hi, sorry for the late reply. Have you tried starting up the phone? Try starting up the phone.
Also, did you have a memory card on the phone? If yes, did you store some of your things on the memory card?
Re: Please I Need Help... How Do I Recover My Files Pls by olayinkajnr(m): 9:40pm On Jun 15, 2020
Those files don go. No mind anybody wey say you can recover them. You can't.
Re: Please I Need Help... How Do I Recover My Files Pls by Denovan: 9:50pm On Jun 15, 2020
If you used your memory card for WhatsApp or to save some files it's possible to restore.
Re: Please I Need Help... How Do I Recover My Files Pls by TemiGod(f): 10:03pm On Jun 15, 2020
atheistandproud:

My dear, e don go oh.
embarassed embarassed
Re: Please I Need Help... How Do I Recover My Files Pls by TemiGod(f): 10:04pm On Jun 15, 2020
Drevidia:
You can recover the files but it is very hard

how pls? embarassed
Re: Please I Need Help... How Do I Recover My Files Pls by TemiGod(f): 10:49pm On Jun 15, 2020
naijasensei:

Hi, sorry for the late reply. Have you tried starting up the phone? Try starting up the phone.
Also, did you have a memory card on the phone? If yes, did you store some of your things on the memory card?

cry thanks for your reply.
I have not put in the phone since then.
yes, there was a memory card on it but I removed it before I started exploring the factory mode side.
Some of my stuffs are on it.
Re: Please I Need Help... How Do I Recover My Files Pls by TemiGod(f): 10:49pm On Jun 15, 2020
olayinkajnr:
Those files don go. No mind anybody wey say you can recover them. You can't.

Toor
It is well
Re: Please I Need Help... How Do I Recover My Files Pls by TemiGod(f): 10:51pm On Jun 15, 2020
Denovan:
If you used your memory card for WhatsApp or to save some files it's possible to restore.

I didn't use my memory card for WhatsApp but I have a local backup for WhatsApp saved on a system
Re: Please I Need Help... How Do I Recover My Files Pls by naijasensei: 2:33am On Jun 16, 2020
TemiGod:

cry thanks for your reply.
I have not put in the phone since then.
yes, there was a memory card on it but I removed it before I started exploring the factory mode side.
Some of my stuffs are on it.

It is highly likely, there is a 99% chance your files are gone. From my research, it seems you performed a factory reset which in all likelihood has wiped your phone's storage. I suspect your phone might not be able to even start up normally.
There is very little that can be done.
Re: Please I Need Help... How Do I Recover My Files Pls by Denovan: 4:49am On Jun 16, 2020
TemiGod:

I didn't use my memory card for WhatsApp but I have a local backup for WhatsApp saved on a system
You can still restore them
But you have to rename your WhatsApp database
Name.
Check this link for guidelines
https://support.google. com/android/thread/12837703?hl=en
Remove space btw . and com
I hoped you have backed your Whatsapp previously, before this incident on your Google drive
Re: Please I Need Help... How Do I Recover My Files Pls by Denovan: 4:58am On Jun 16, 2020
Next time, ensure you backup your WhatsApp frequently and also your contacts. Sometimes Google might back them up for you themselves, Use Google contact as your default contact app, and save all your contact directly to your Gmail account. Also frequently send some of your important files to your system or you can send to your cloud storage (OneDrive, mega, Google drive, Dropbox etc).
Re: Please I Need Help... How Do I Recover My Files Pls by Peppermintflav: 6:58am On Jun 16, 2020
TemiGod:
I was using my phone yesterday when all of a sudden the screen stopped responding. I thought the phone was hanging so I hard rebooted(I couldn't shut down because no part of the screen was responding) thinking it will solve the whole issue but nothing still, the screen was still not responding.

I waited for the battery to drain so I could use volume button down and power button to go to factory mode and reboot from there but still the same. I was sha pressing different stuffs to see if I will see anything to know the issue with the screen.
That's how I went to click on "clear eMMc" oo. I was not sure what it meant but I clicked on it thinking it will ask me "yes" or "no" but the next thing it showed was "clearing data". I rebooted the phone immediately, about 5 seconds, when it showed "clearing data” but when it rebooted it was showing " welcome".
Pls don't welcome me anywhere I just want my files ��. How can 3 years worth files be deleted in 5 seconds just like that ��.
I've not touched the phone since yesterday night , I can't bear to see that all my files have been deleted ��
I don't even have my WhatsApp recently backed up.
Pls help me recover my files ��
embarassed
Most of your files are gone, but your pictures should not be a problem. Go to playstore download "restore deleted files" you can download like 3 types. Run the app they will recover some files for you.
Re: Please I Need Help... How Do I Recover My Files Pls by TemiGod(f): 10:04am On Jun 18, 2020
Peppermintflav:

Most of your files are gone, but your pictures should not be a problem. Go to playstore download "restore deleted files" you can download like 3 types. Run the app they will recover some files for you.

wow, thanks.
I will try it out
Re: Please I Need Help... How Do I Recover My Files Pls by Mohbola(f): 2:04pm On Jun 18, 2020
I just hope you'll be able to recover it
Re: Please I Need Help... How Do I Recover My Files Pls by bravesoul247(m): 6:21pm On Jun 20, 2020
atheistandproud:

My dear, e don go oh.
do not put fear in her body. Let her atleast try and see if there's a way. Don't discourage her.
Re: Please I Need Help... How Do I Recover My Files Pls by TheCork(m): 9:45pm On Aug 15, 2020
TemiGod:

wow, thanks.
I will try it out

Please can I pay u 200 naira to date u for 3 month please. I need babe I beg cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Redmi 9a For Sale / Xiaomi Users Is This Fair For 5000mah / [SOLD] Infinix S5 For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.