Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,601 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

Bomb Dropped By Parachute In Enugu State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bomb Dropped By Parachute In Enugu State (2093 Views)

Eyewitness Account Of Fulani Attack In Enugu State......(photos)...Greatiyk4u / Why Buhari Dropped Ahmed Ibeto From Ministerial List / Why I Dropped Buhari For Jonathan — Odumakin. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bomb Dropped By Parachute In Enugu State by aloyemeka1: 3:33am On Jan 26, 2011
[size=14pt]Panic in Enugu as Police recover another bomb[/size]
News
Jan 25, 2011

By TONY EDIKE
ENUGU—BARELY a week after a bomb was discovered along Ozalla- Udi road, another bomb was reportedly found at a primary school at Amagunze, headquarters of Nkanu East Local Government Area of Enugu State Monday night.

The bomb, according to sources, was dropped through a parachute from an unidentified aircraft at about 7 p:m, causing panic among the people of the area.

Men of the anti-bomb squad of the state police command alerted on the strange discovery, rushed to Amagunze Monday night and evacuated the explosive.

The State Police Public Relations Officer, Mr. Ebere Amaraizu confirmed to Vanguard yesterday that an object suspected to be bomb (explosive) was discovered in the area but it caused no harm.

He said that upon the alert received from Amagunze natives, operatives of the Anti-Bomb Squad rushed to the scene and evacuated the object before it could cause any harm.

“I can confirm that an object suspected to be an explosive was discovered at Amagunze and the men of Anti-Bomb Squad successfully evacuated it to Enugu. It did no harm anybody before our men arrived there.

“The object will be subjected to serious analysis to enable us determine its nature and possibly the source,” the police spokesman said.
A similar explosive later identified as dynamite by bomb experts was found along Ozalla-Udu road recently.

The state Police Commissioner, Danazuni Job Doma, had while presenting the object before newsmen, said that it was set for a target but was luckily discovered before it could cause any harm.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/01/panic-in-enugu-as-police-recover-another-bomb/
Re: Bomb Dropped By Parachute In Enugu State by Nobody: 3:37am On Jan 26, 2011
And they call the Northerners the terrorists. Chei!!!

What is Enugu turning into? That state was supposed to be my vacation state, I guess Lagos will continue to do.
Re: Bomb Dropped By Parachute In Enugu State by KaluAkanu: 3:53am On Jan 26, 2011
People are dropping bombs in Enugu State. Something sounds very strange. I hope these Northerners are not trying to start any wahala in the heart of Igboland.
Re: Bomb Dropped By Parachute In Enugu State by Onlytruth(m): 3:54am On Jan 26, 2011
Posted by: Ileke-IdI

What is Enugu turning into? That state was supposed to be my vacation state, I guess Lagos will continue to do.

And who told you the bombs are local? You're becoming dumber and dumber frankly.  undecided
Re: Bomb Dropped By Parachute In Enugu State by aloyemeka1: 3:55am On Jan 26, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Thye problem with tribalism is that it makes one reason like a goat. A bomb dropped from air at Enugu is less  likely done by an indigene. It may be the handwork of endemic  Igbo haters like you.
Re: Bomb Dropped By Parachute In Enugu State by KaluAkanu: 3:59am On Jan 26, 2011
I agree with the two previous posters. But this is getting scary though. It was only a week ago, in which we were hearing about bombs being placed on the side of road in Enugu.
Re: Bomb Dropped By Parachute In Enugu State by Nobody: 3:59am On Jan 26, 2011
Onlytruth:

Posted by: Ileke-IdI
And who told you the bombs are local? You're becoming dumber and dumber frankly.  undecided

And who told you your own people are not the ones "accidentally" dropping the bombs? Maybe they meant to throw them at a few MASSOB members grin
Re: Bomb Dropped By Parachute In Enugu State by KaluAkanu: 4:01am On Jan 26, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

And who told you your own people are not the ones "accidentally" dropping the bombs? Maybe they meant to throw them at a few MASSOB members grin

You are a tribalistic pig aren't you? Disgusting to say the least. Show some class.
Re: Bomb Dropped By Parachute In Enugu State by dempeople(m): 6:19am On Jan 26, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

You no dee tire about any topic that has to do with Ndigbo. Wherever we migrate to, you follow us like a fly. Abi you no get base at all?  angry So according to you, it has now become Ndigbo dropping bombs on their own people? SMH

aloy/emeka:

[size=14pt]Panic in Enugu as Police recover another bomb[/size]
News
Jan 25, 2011

By TONY EDIKE
ENUGU—BARELY a week after a bomb was discovered along Ozalla- Udi road, another bomb was reportedly found at a primary school at Amagunze, headquarters of Nkanu East Local Government Area of Enugu State Monday night.

The bomb, according to sources, was dropped through a parachute from an unidentified aircraft at about 7 p:m, causing panic among the people of the area.

Men of the anti-bomb squad of the state police command alerted on the strange discovery, rushed to Amagunze Monday night and evacuated the explosive.

The State Police Public Relations Officer, Mr. Ebere Amaraizu confirmed to Vanguard yesterday that an object suspected to be bomb (explosive) was discovered in the area but it caused no harm.

He said that upon the alert received from Amagunze natives, operatives of the Anti-Bomb Squad rushed to the scene and evacuated the object before it could cause any harm.

“I can confirm that an object suspected to be an explosive  was discovered at Amagunze and the men of Anti-Bomb Squad successfully evacuated it to Enugu. It did no harm anybody before our men arrived there.

[size=13pt]The object will be subjected to serious analysis to enable us determine its nature and possibly the source[/size],” the police spokesman said.
A similar explosive later identified as dynamite by bomb experts was found along Ozalla-Udu road recently.

The state Police Commissioner, Danazuni Job Doma, had while presenting the object before newsmen, said that it was set for a target  but  was luckily discovered before it could cause any harm.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/01/panic-in-enugu-as-police-recover-another-bomb/

Nigeria Police sef. Una too much o. And we shall also see the report in 3000A.D
Re: Bomb Dropped By Parachute In Enugu State by kettykin: 6:28am On Jan 26, 2011
It seems this people are having sight problem , they are yet to see the hand writing on the wall.
Re: Bomb Dropped By Parachute In Enugu State by AbuMaryam1(m): 7:01am On Jan 26, 2011
Atleast this time around police have try lets applaud to reinforce them, haba bashing all of the time will not work.
Re: Bomb Dropped By Parachute In Enugu State by 1025: 7:32am On Jan 26, 2011
Thye problem with tribalism is that it makes one reason like a goat. A bomb dropped from air at Enugu is less likely done by an indigene. It may be the handwork of endemic Igbo haters like you.

@aloy/emeka,
i am from imo state. the trade topic is that a bomb was found in enugu and was dropped from an aircraft. who saw the aircraft drop the bomb? can enugu aviation authorities just watch aircraft parade the state without knowing about it? if yes then enugu is in for a shit. if anything happens, the victims will be mostly enugu indigens and residents and u know the implications intending visitors.
the country under jonathan has become more porous than anyother president and i have said it times without numbers, this country is heading for a rock.
this pdp madness is killing this country.
Re: Bomb Dropped By Parachute In Enugu State by Nobody: 8:41am On Jan 26, 2011
Biafra soldiers at work grin
Re: Bomb Dropped By Parachute In Enugu State by Beaf: 8:58am On Jan 26, 2011
1025:

@aloy/emeka,
i am from imo state. the trade topic is that a bomb was found in enugu and was dropped from an aircraft. who saw the aircraft drop the bomb? can enugu aviation authorities just watch aircraft parade the state without knowing about it? if yes then enugu is in for a poo. if anything happens, the victims will be mostly enugu indigens and residents and u know the implications intending visitors.
the country under jonathan has become more porous than anyother president and i have said it times without numbers, this country is heading for a rock.

This dude, you have a way of reaching pretty daft conclusions. Is GEJ a soldier? Does he physically man radar stations and is he present at all airports overseeing air traffic? Instead of contributing sensibly, you are attempting to derail the thread with braindead input. I am surprised you haven't accused Obj of being the pilot. Nonsense.

@topic
It should be fairly easy to narrow down the culprit by eliminating all all planes and choppers that could possibly have overflown Enugu. What is most worrying about the development is that Enugu is a major military base, the home of the 82 Brigade and an airforce base; it is highly suspicious that any strange aircraft can overfly the state without being shot down (or some attempt made to that end); therefore, the question of military involvement must be asked.
The retrieval of the bomb just might sort quite a few similar problems.
Re: Bomb Dropped By Parachute In Enugu State by 13volts(m): 9:36am On Jan 26, 2011
I smell the work of MOSSOB becoz they have not perfected the art of bomb blasting following their two failed attempt. while BOKO HARAM & MEND would have succeeded even in their first attempt
Re: Bomb Dropped By Parachute In Enugu State by aloyemeka1: 4:09pm On Jan 26, 2011
1025:

@aloy/emeka,
i am from imo state. the trade topic is that a bomb was found in enugu and was dropped from an aircraft. who saw the aircraft drop the bomb? can enugu aviation authorities just watch aircraft parade the state without knowing about it? if yes then enugu is in for a poo. if anything happens, the victims will be mostly enugu indigens and residents and u know the implications intending visitors.

Do we have the necessary logistics to identify unknown objects dropping from the sky?. Jonathan is not the problem here but the inability of the Nigerian military to step up to the plate and counter terrorism. There is a possible underground attacks geared towards Christian states in Nigeria by islamic extremists because they know they are the ones who will try to resist them if needs be. Wake up and smell the coffee.
Re: Bomb Dropped By Parachute In Enugu State by Afam4eva(m): 4:16pm On Jan 26, 2011
This is quite strange. A bomb in Enugu and this is the second time it's happening. There's something fishy going on.
Re: Bomb Dropped By Parachute In Enugu State by spyder880(m): 4:18pm On Jan 26, 2011
Who is trying this here, chimaroke, odengene?
Eight years ago, in the heat of 2003 campaigns, odengene (who I heard operates a helicopter hire service) used a helicopter to disperse chimaroke's crowd at a rally not up to 3 kilometers from the school mentioned above. He just went up on the air and was spreading bundles of N500 in the air. When the crowd saw this, they all ran into the bush, chasing the money for days across many villages and farmlands.
Odengene is still running for senate now.

1 Like

Re: Bomb Dropped By Parachute In Enugu State by KaluAkanu: 5:11pm On Jan 26, 2011
I swear if it is a Muslim behind this, I hope my brothers in the East will purify Eastern Nigeria of this menace. Enugu is the capital of Igboland, we cannot have this happening in our area.
Re: Bomb Dropped By Parachute In Enugu State by solihu(m): 8:29pm On Jan 26, 2011
My people! Take a 'lil time & reason before hitting the buttons on your keyboard. Fine, an "object suspected to be a bomb" was discovered, no be so una follow from the OP?

Again, "our men from the anti bomb squad" have taken the said "object", & I'm pretty sure for 'scrutiny'. Well, any news from if the said "suspected object" is actually a "bomb"?

Make una continue with una tribal yabbing & someone don dey hail our cops already. Well, thank God the suspected object wey be bomb never do gbosa!
Re: Bomb Dropped By Parachute In Enugu State by Odunnu: 8:45pm On Jan 26, 2011
Funny I live in Enugu but didnt hear ths until now.
Talking about bombs, wasnt there an alert earlier ths year in Lag?
Re: Bomb Dropped By Parachute In Enugu State by GAR3TH(m): 9:02pm On Jan 26, 2011
". . . that an object suspected to be a bomb (explosive) was discovered. . . "

lets see what the object is before we start speculating. In addition I seriously doubt It was dropped from a plane.
Re: Bomb Dropped By Parachute In Enugu State by aloyemeka1: 9:38pm On Jan 26, 2011
My question is: Who saw the paratrooper or chopper drop the bomb and what was the essence if it couldn't detonate until now?. Are you sure they are not confusing old AM radio circuit board with a bomb?.
Re: Bomb Dropped By Parachute In Enugu State by otokx(m): 12:32am On Jan 27, 2011
its like some thing wants to lead to some thing
Re: Bomb Dropped By Parachute In Enugu State by shotster50(m): 1:03am On Jan 27, 2011
See panic.
Re: Bomb Dropped By Parachute In Enugu State by ezeagu(m): 1:06am On Jan 27, 2011
13volts:

I smell the work of MOSSOB becoz they have not perfected the art of bomb blasting following their two failed attempt. while BOKO HARAM & MEND would have succeeded even in their first attempt

See people bragging about terrorist groups!

1 Like

Re: Bomb Dropped By Parachute In Enugu State by jaygetta1: 2:06am On Jan 27, 2011
Nigerians and tribalism! A suspected bomb is found in Enugu and some people quickly shift blame to the "outsiders"---the Northerners. When Osisikanwu was busy doing "hide and seek" with Igbo kids for ransom, was that malo action too? Abi na malo dey stand trial for South Africa for independence day bombing? Abeg make una face reality for once,
Re: Bomb Dropped By Parachute In Enugu State by Nobody: 2:07am On Jan 27, 2011
jay_getta:

Nigerians and tribalism! A suspected bomb is found in Enugu and some people quickly shift blame to the "outsiders"---the Northerners. When Osisikanwu was busy doing "hide and seek" with Igbo kids for ransom, was that malo action too? Abi na malo dey stand trial for South Africa for independence day bombing? Abeg make una face reality for once,

Hide-n-seek with money involved. lol
Re: Bomb Dropped By Parachute In Enugu State by EzeUche2(m): 2:13am On Jan 27, 2011
jay_getta:

Because Igbos do not believe in terrorism. With bombs coming from the sky, I am pretty sure it was not an Igbo who would do that. My people know what we are capable of, and we do not believe in killing other indiscriminately. It is an abomination. Kidnapping may be prevalent in the East, but for the most part, people do not die from that menace. Terrorism is another beast, that has NEVER been practiced in the Core Igbo states. And makes people wonder why would anyone target the Igbo heartland. 

If it comes out that Muslims are behind this act, then every Muslim life that reside in the South-East is forfeit. They can try that in the South-West or the North, but in the South-East, that nonsense will not be tolerated.
Re: Bomb Dropped By Parachute In Enugu State by aloyemeka1: 3:57pm On Jan 27, 2011
EzeUche_:

Because Igbos do not believe in terrorism. With bombs coming from the sky, I am pretty sure it was not an Igbo who would do that. My people know what we are capable of, and we do not believe in killing other indiscriminately. It is an abomination. Kidnapping may be prevalent in the East, but for the most part, people do not die from that menace. Terrorism is another beast, that has NEVER been practiced in the Core Igbo states. And makes people wonder why would anyone target the Igbo heartland. 

If it comes out that Muslims are behind this act, then every Muslim life that reside in the South-East is forfeit. They can try that in the South-West or the North, but in the South-East, that nonsense will not be tolerated.

How will killing hausas in the SE solve the problem of terrorism in Nigeria?
Re: Bomb Dropped By Parachute In Enugu State by ifyalways(f): 5:25pm On Jan 27, 2011
spyder880:

Who is trying this here, chimaroke, odengene?
Eight years ago, in the heat of 2003 campaigns, odengene (who I heard operates a helicopter hire service) used a helicopter to disperse chimaroke's crowd at a rally not up to 3 kilometers from the school mentioned above. He just went up on the air and was spreading bundles of N500 in the air. When the crowd saw this, they all ran into the bush, chasing the money for days across many villages and farmlands.
Odengene is still running for senate now.
rofl
@Topic,2 days gone,whats the latest news?Has it been confirmed to be a bomb?Is the issue forgotten and buried undecided

(1) (Reply)

Jesus! This Is The Cretin Abia State People Have Elected As Governor? / Lagosians coping with the Flood-Pictures / Wole Soyinka:first Lady Patience Jonathan Is A Mere Domestic Appendage Of Power

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.