Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,729 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

Israel Set To Build New Settlement In Occupied Golan Heights Named Trump Heights - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Israel Set To Build New Settlement In Occupied Golan Heights Named Trump Heights (652 Views)

Ukrainian Air Force Destroys Russian Landing Ship In Occupied Crimea(photos) / Russia Takes Issue With Israel's Sovereignty Over Golan Heights& Jerusalem(Pix) / Coronavirus: China To Build New Hospital In 6 Days As Death Toll Rises (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Israel Set To Build New Settlement In Occupied Golan Heights Named Trump Heights by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jun 15, 2020
The Israeli government has approved plans to build a new settlement in the Israeli-occupied Golan Heights named after U.S. President Donald Trump, an Israeli cabinet minister said Sunday.

Settlements Minister Tzipi Hotovely wrote on Facebook that her ministry will start preparations for Ramat Trump – Hebrew for “Trump Heights” – to house 300 families.

Israel captured the Golan Heights from Syria in the 1967 Mideast war and annexed it in 1981. Most of the international community considers the move, and Israeli settlements in the territory, illegal under international law.

But Trump signed an executive order recognizing the strategic mountainous plateau as Israeli territory in March 2019. The move came during a visit to Washington by Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu just weeks before Israeli elections. The decision, just one of several diplomatic moves benefiting Israel, was widely condemned in the international community.

The Israeli government's approval of the plan, which according to Israeli media will involve earmarking 8 million shekels ($2.3 million) for developing the town, advances a project announced by Netanyahu last year with great pomp and fanfare.

Last June, Netanyahu convened his Cabinet in the small hamlet of Qela for a vote on rebranding the community as a gesture of appreciation for the president’s recognition of Israeli sovereignty over the Golan Heights.

The small town of Qela is home to under 300 people. Its original neighborhood of Bruchim, which will be rebranded as Trump Heights, is home to less than a dozen.

At a Cabinet meeting on Sunday, Netanyahu said that Israel would "begin practical steps in establishing the community of Ramat Trump on the Golan Heights, Israel’s sovereignty over which was recognized by President Trump.”

Israel has built dozens of settlements in the Golan over the years, with an estimated 26,000 Jewish settlers living there as of 2019. Roughly the same number of Arabs live there, most of them members of the Druze sect of Shiite Islam.
Source: https://www.dailysabah.com/world/mid-east/israel-approves-plan-for-golan-settlement-named-after-trump

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Israel Set To Build New Settlement In Occupied Golan Heights Named Trump Heights by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jun 15, 2020
Re: Israel Set To Build New Settlement In Occupied Golan Heights Named Trump Heights by Righteousness89(m): 6:21pm On Jun 15, 2020
Awesome !

The day Trump ordered the Embassy of the USA to Jerusalem thereby Signifying Jerusalem as the Capital of Isreal, President Donald John Trump sealed a Generational Blessing with GOD ALMIGHTY! His Generation is Blessed!

Many don't understand these things!

The Covenant says " I WILL BLESS THEM THAT BLESS YOU and CURSE THEM THAT CURSE YOU!

President Trump is a Mystery President!
His Presidency is a Mercy period for this world!

Happy Birthday President Donald Trump

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Israel Set To Build New Settlement In Occupied Golan Heights Named Trump Heights by Originality007: 6:24pm On Jun 15, 2020
kiss
Re: Israel Set To Build New Settlement In Occupied Golan Heights Named Trump Heights by Bewiseedet(m): 6:57pm On Jun 15, 2020
Trump love christians
Re: Israel Set To Build New Settlement In Occupied Golan Heights Named Trump Heights by obonujoker(m): 9:54pm On Jun 15, 2020
Donald Trump deserves it
Re: Israel Set To Build New Settlement In Occupied Golan Heights Named Trump Heights by McGg: 10:30pm On Jun 15, 2020
Righteousness89:
Awesome !

The day Trump ordered the Embassy of the USA to Jerusalem thereby Signifying Jerusalem as the Capital of Isreal, President Donald John Trump sealed a Generational Blessing with GOD ALMIGHTY! His Generation is Blessed!

The Covenant says " I WILL BLESS THEM THAT BLESS YOU and CURSE THEM THAT CURSE YOU!

Oga you and your righteousness I hope you make heaven

6 Likes

Re: Israel Set To Build New Settlement In Occupied Golan Heights Named Trump Heights by BlackfireX: 1:55am On Jun 16, 2020
Israel na one crazy tiny country o, if you disturb them as a neighbor after several warning, they will come beat you chase you out, and occupy... And you can do shiiit.
Re: Israel Set To Build New Settlement In Occupied Golan Heights Named Trump Heights by Righteousness89(m): 2:10am On Jun 16, 2020
McGg:

Oga you and your righteousness I hope you make heaven

Bro you don't need to hope!
Heaven is my Home!
Re: Israel Set To Build New Settlement In Occupied Golan Heights Named Trump Heights by michlins(m): 7:54am On Jun 16, 2020
Bolton book is dropping next week or thereabouts. If Trump is a saint like he wants us to believe, let him allow the book to drop but guess what, he's ordering Barr to stop it's release citing national security and breach of classified information

1 Like

Re: Israel Set To Build New Settlement In Occupied Golan Heights Named Trump Heights by dermmy(m): 8:20am On Jun 16, 2020
michlins:
Bolton book is dropping next week or thereabouts. If Trump is a saint like he wants us to believe, let him allow the book to drop but guess what, he's ordering Barr to stop it's release citing national security and breach of classified information

That book dey scare Trump like grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Israel Set To Build New Settlement In Occupied Golan Heights Named Trump Heights by dermmy(m): 8:41am On Jun 16, 2020
Righteousness89:
Awesome !

Awesome? Does God approve the stealing of other people's land too? undecided I don't understand.

3 Likes

Re: Israel Set To Build New Settlement In Occupied Golan Heights Named Trump Heights by Efewestern: 11:25am On Jun 16, 2020
BlackfireX:
Israel na one crazy tiny country o, if you disturb them as a neighbor after several warning, they will come beat you chase you out, and occupy... And you can do shiiit.

Hezbollah says hello grin

They have disturb, fought and pushed Israel out of their Territory, The Palestinians are weak and somehow divided, they can't try this shii with a potent opponent.

I admire Israel, but we must condemn evil when we see one, land theft, bombing of hospitals and schools isn't justice.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Israel Set To Build New Settlement In Occupied Golan Heights Named Trump Heights by Efewestern: 11:28am On Jun 16, 2020
dermmy:

Awesome? Does God approve the stealing of other people's land too? undecided I don't understand.

We have killed more in the name of GOD, than in the name of SATAN. Humans will use anything to justify their attrocities.

3 Likes

Re: Israel Set To Build New Settlement In Occupied Golan Heights Named Trump Heights by McGg: 11:42am On Jun 16, 2020
Righteousness89:

Bro you don't need to hope! Heaven is my Home!

And you're still here on earth occupying space
Re: Israel Set To Build New Settlement In Occupied Golan Heights Named Trump Heights by kemicalreact: 11:57am On Jun 16, 2020
Efewestern:

Hezbollah says hello grin

They have disturb, fought and pushed Israel out of their Territory, The Palestinians are weak and somehow divided, they can't try this shii with a potent opponent.

I admire Israel, but we must condemn evil when we see one, land theft, bombing of hospitals and schools isn't justice.
Re: Israel Set To Build New Settlement In Occupied Golan Heights Named Trump Heights by ovcwality(m): 12:25pm On Jun 16, 2020
Righteousness89:
Awesome !

So we are children of Satan?
If an Israeli curse me, I will revenge, you and your god can't do shit, maybe we serve different God, he can't be biased towards me

Anyways If Israel annex it during war, then they should keep it, but if there was international acts regarding any issue of this sort before the war, then the rules should be followed
Re: Israel Set To Build New Settlement In Occupied Golan Heights Named Trump Heights by LukasPodolski: 1:42pm On Jun 16, 2020
Bewiseedet:
Trump love christians
Israelis are Christians? Huh
Re: Israel Set To Build New Settlement In Occupied Golan Heights Named Trump Heights by somehow: 2:52pm On Jun 16, 2020
Israel and the US don't respect international laws

Sane people don't respect law breakers!
Re: Israel Set To Build New Settlement In Occupied Golan Heights Named Trump Heights by somehow: 2:52pm On Jun 16, 2020
You dey mind the ignoramuntus?
LukasPodolski:

Re: Israel Set To Build New Settlement In Occupied Golan Heights Named Trump Heights by Mightymanna(m): 1:27am On Jun 17, 2020
LukasPodolski:

Nigerian Christians always display ignorance regarding Israel especially on international platforms.
They always assume Israel is a Christian country especially on facebook even the Jews are not happy when the Christians are shouting Jesus bless Israel because it is a blasphemy in Judaism

2 Likes

Re: Israel Set To Build New Settlement In Occupied Golan Heights Named Trump Heights by orisa37: 7:31am On Jun 17, 2020
Good.
Re: Israel Set To Build New Settlement In Occupied Golan Heights Named Trump Heights by orisa37: 7:35am On Jun 17, 2020
Bewiseedet:
Trump love christians

Trump is an APOSTLE.

1 Like

Re: Israel Set To Build New Settlement In Occupied Golan Heights Named Trump Heights by Bewiseedet(m): 8:55am On Jun 17, 2020
orisa37:

Trump is an APOSTLE.
Better talk

(1) (Reply)

Trump Red Wave Eminent As Biden Rigged Votes About To Get Tossed Out / Ukrainian Army Captured And Destroyed A Russian TOS-1A Thermobaric MRL. / Germany Sends In The Tanks: Olaf Scholz FINALLY Agrees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.