Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,253 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:48 AM

Russia Takes Issue With Israel's Sovereignty Over Golan Heights& Jerusalem(Pix) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia Takes Issue With Israel's Sovereignty Over Golan Heights& Jerusalem(Pix) (69850 Views)

Russia Takes Over Azovstal Plant As 962 Ukrainian Soldiers Surrender (Video) / US Threatens ‘full Force’ As Russia Takes War To NATO’s Doorstep / Iran Warns 'war With Israel Has Already Begun ( Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Russia Takes Issue With Israel's Sovereignty Over Golan Heights& Jerusalem(Pix) by Gospelpreacher1: 3:19pm On Feb 25, 2022
JERUSALEM: Russia doesn't recognize Israel's sovereignty over Golan Heights that are part of Syria," Russian deputy ambassador says.

Russia doesn’t recognize Israel’s sovereignty over Golan Heights that are part of #Syria,” its deputy ambassador, Dmitry Polyanskiy, told the UN Security Council, which held a debate on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict on Wednesday.

Moscow took issue with Israeli sovereignty over the Golan Heights and Jerusalem just prior to its attack on Ukraine.

The monthly Security Council meeting took place as the General Assembly debated the Russian-Ukrainian crisis.

Polyanskiy spoke just hours after Israel broke its neutrality on the conflict, as it gave a nod in support of Ukraine.

Moscow has presented itself in its conflict with Ukraine as the supporter of the Russian-speaking population in the regions of Donetsk and Luhansk in eastern Ukraine.

At the Security Council, Russia reminded Israel that it stands with Syria, where it is militarily entrenched, regarding Damascus’ demand that Israel returns the Golan, which the IDF captured during the defensive Six-Day War in 1967.

Israel annexed the Golan in 1981, but to date, the United States is the only country that recognizes that sovereignty.
In December, the cabinet approved a NIS-1-billion plan to increase Israel’s population on the Golan, including through the creation of two new towns.

Polyanskiy recalled that decision when he said that Russia was “concerned over Tel Aviv’s announced plans for expanding settlement activity in the occupied Golan Heights, which contradicts the provisions of the 1949 Geneva Convention.”

He also indirectly took issue in his comments with Israeli sovereignty over Jerusalem, including west Jerusalem.

In 2017, Moscow said it recognized west Jerusalem as Israel’s capital.
But Polyanskiy appeared on Wednesday to ignore that recognition of Israel’s government, using Tel Aviv as a synonym for Israel’s government.

It is a phrase used only by those countries who mean to convey that they do not recognize Israeli sovereignty over any part of its capital city.

https://m.jpost.com/middle-east/article-698512/amp

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russia Takes Issue With Israel's Sovereignty Over Golan Heights& Jerusalem(Pix) by DoggoneDogg: 3:22pm On Feb 25, 2022
Two can play this game. You don't recognize ours, we don't recognize yours too.

Russia just called out US hypocrisy. You are crying to save Ukraine while you are torturing & killing Syrians & Palestinians in the Middle East.

I love Putin grin

491 Likes 56 Shares

Re: Russia Takes Issue With Israel's Sovereignty Over Golan Heights& Jerusalem(Pix) by Righteousness2(m): 3:22pm On Feb 25, 2022
The Perfect Prophetic Superstorm is right in our Eyes. These are Preparations for the Ezekiel 38 &39 GogMagog Invasion of Israel.

Prophet Zechariah, tells us in the Last days, Israel will be the Focal point of World Conflict, and gives a Dire warning to the Nations who would dare go against Jerusalem.

Zechariah 12:2-3
Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling unto all the people round about, when they shall be in the siege both against Judah and against Jerusalem.

And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it.

Folks! Bible is playing out live before our very eyes.

I Admonish, Plead and Warn all to come to JESUS Christ , Surrender to HIM, Live according to HIS Word and be Prepared because JESUS IS COMING!!

258 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Russia Takes Issue With Israel's Sovereignty Over Golan Heights& Jerusalem(Pix) by dawnomike(m): 3:23pm On Feb 25, 2022
Israel seems guilty of what we today accuse Russia of...

288 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Russia Takes Issue With Israel's Sovereignty Over Golan Heights& Jerusalem(Pix) by longetivity(m): 3:23pm On Feb 25, 2022
Fvck Russia

91 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Russia Takes Issue With Israel's Sovereignty Over Golan Heights& Jerusalem(Pix) by FERNANDEZISBACK: 3:24pm On Feb 25, 2022
Empty talk that ain't going no where.. cheesy
The evil must be crushed.. Putin is trying to spike unnecessary war..
His Evil motive against the world shall never come to pass..

112 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Russia Takes Issue With Israel's Sovereignty Over Golan Heights& Jerusalem(Pix) by DoggoneDogg: 3:25pm On Feb 25, 2022
dawnomike:

Yes

Only the intelligent can see it but CNN brainwashed zombies will still defend their slavemasters like the two crying above me.

241 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Russia Takes Issue With Israel's Sovereignty Over Golan Heights& Jerusalem(Pix) by Nbotee(m): 3:30pm On Feb 25, 2022
DoggoneDogg:

Yes

Only the intelligent can see it but CNN brainwashed zombies will still defend their slavemasters like the two crying above me.

dawnomike:

Can U explain to us how Isreali came to occupy Golan heights and other territories

87 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Russia Takes Issue With Israel's Sovereignty Over Golan Heights& Jerusalem(Pix) by chronique(m): 3:31pm On Feb 25, 2022
Well said. Hopefully, the Israelis would get the message. We are actually moving into interesting times.

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Russia Takes Issue With Israel's Sovereignty Over Golan Heights& Jerusalem(Pix) by KaluwisxPRO: 3:31pm On Feb 25, 2022
DoggoneDogg:

Russia just called out US hypocrisy. You are crying to save Ukraine while you are torturing & killing Syrians & Palestinians in the Middle East.

I love Putin grin

And Ukraine is dragging Russia out as at yesterday for not being a legit member of the UN Security Council, since you have to apply individually to be a member.

Russia never did but continued that of USSR which was concluded desolved 16days earlier than their request to continue with the USSR seat.

There’s a UN meeting today, and that topic is gaining Attention at the UN to strip Russia their Security Council seat.

Putin may have miscalculated his moves, hence he’s open to Negotiations even though he’s got the upper hand with NATO and US doing nothing physically.

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Russia Takes Issue With Israel's Sovereignty Over Golan Heights& Jerusalem(Pix) by funshint(m): 3:32pm On Feb 25, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
Empty talk that ain't going no where.. cheesy
The evil must be crushed.. Putin is trying to spike unnecessary war..
His Evil motive against the world shall never come to pass..
You're living in a fantasy. Putin is more Godly than you are.

93 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Russia Takes Issue With Israel's Sovereignty Over Golan Heights& Jerusalem(Pix) by FERNANDEZISBACK: 3:35pm On Feb 25, 2022
funshint:

You're living in a fantasy. Putin is more Godly than you are.
Boy slide off.. wink

62 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Russia Takes Issue With Israel's Sovereignty Over Golan Heights& Jerusalem(Pix) by Jokerman(m): 3:40pm On Feb 25, 2022
Now Russia wants to join Israel in the matter too... lol?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia Takes Issue With Israel's Sovereignty Over Golan Heights& Jerusalem(Pix) by DoggoneDogg: 3:50pm On Feb 25, 2022
Nbotee:

Can U explain to us how Isreali came to occupy Golan heights and other territories

Are you aware that there was no Israel before 1947 but Palestine existed?

157 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Russia Takes Issue With Israel's Sovereignty Over Golan Heights& Jerusalem(Pix) by DoggoneDogg: 3:53pm On Feb 25, 2022
[s]
KaluwisxPRO:

And Ukraine is dragging Russia out as at yesterday for not being a legit member of the UN Security Council, since you have to apply individually to be a member.

Russia never did but continued that of USSR which was concluded desolved 16days earlier than their request to continue with the USSR seat.

There’s a UN meeting today, and that topic is gaining Attention at the UN to strip Russia their Security Council seat.

Putin may have miscalculated his moves, hence he’s open to Negotiations even though he’s got the upper hand with NATO and US doing nothing physically.

[/s]

Good.
So Putin can invade all the other ex-USSR states and reclaim this position then.

Thanks for this info. wink

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Russia Takes Issue With Israel's Sovereignty Over Golan Heights& Jerusalem(Pix) by Faber(m): 5:07pm On Feb 25, 2022
DoggoneDogg:

Where was Palestine in 63 BCE when the Romans invaded Israel?
So my land was captured and I ran away, after much much, I came back to collect my land, you come rename my land, talk say na your own, you day whine me?

333 Likes 38 Shares

Re: Russia Takes Issue With Israel's Sovereignty Over Golan Heights& Jerusalem(Pix) by Ghostrye: 8:04pm On Feb 25, 2022
Faber:

Where was Palestine in 63 BCE when the Romans invaded Israel?
So my land was captured and I ran away, after much much, I came back to collect my land, you come rename my land, talk say na your own, you day whine me?
gbam, you just explained the Ukraine Russia situation.
See, they are not so different after all

122 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Russia Takes Issue With Israel's Sovereignty Over Golan Heights& Jerusalem(Pix) by Righteousness2(m): 8:15pm On Feb 25, 2022
DoggoneDogg:

No Israel befor 1947?? Are u Serious?
This is comedy at its Peak..

218 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Russia Takes Issue With Israel's Sovereignty Over Golan Heights& Jerusalem(Pix) by Abfinest007(m): 10:20pm On Feb 25, 2022
Another
Re: Russia Takes Issue With Israel's Sovereignty Over Golan Heights& Jerusalem(Pix) by Mastakija(m): 10:20pm On Feb 25, 2022
shocked
Re: Russia Takes Issue With Israel's Sovereignty Over Golan Heights& Jerusalem(Pix) by Omotaday(m): 10:20pm On Feb 25, 2022
Niceee. Time to stop hypocrisy

5 Likes

Re: Russia Takes Issue With Israel's Sovereignty Over Golan Heights& Jerusalem(Pix) by naija4life247: 10:21pm On Feb 25, 2022
KaluwisxPRO:

If Russia is suspended from being a member of the UN Security Council, it means that Russia can take unilateral decision and action on any issue. Europe, US, Canada, Australia and Israel will cry blood if Russia decides to go solo.

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Russia Takes Issue With Israel's Sovereignty Over Golan Heights& Jerusalem(Pix) by IhateYouMan: 10:21pm On Feb 25, 2022
Russia on the verge of total annihilation. Pootin is an idiot.

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Russia Takes Issue With Israel's Sovereignty Over Golan Heights& Jerusalem(Pix) by seanwilliam(m): 10:21pm On Feb 25, 2022
Weldone .. I don know the last man standing ..

Buying all types of cards and PayPal funds, I’m tested and trusted
Re: Russia Takes Issue With Israel's Sovereignty Over Golan Heights& Jerusalem(Pix) by bestman09(m): 10:21pm On Feb 25, 2022
sad
Re: Russia Takes Issue With Israel's Sovereignty Over Golan Heights& Jerusalem(Pix) by Asour: 10:21pm On Feb 25, 2022
DoggoneDogg:

I love Putin grin

Is America in Syria?

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Russia Takes Issue With Israel's Sovereignty Over Golan Heights& Jerusalem(Pix) by Obagofixxy: 10:22pm On Feb 25, 2022
no go there ohhhh

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russia Takes Issue With Israel's Sovereignty Over Golan Heights& Jerusalem(Pix) by atdscentofwater: 10:22pm On Feb 25, 2022
angry

1 Like

Re: Russia Takes Issue With Israel's Sovereignty Over Golan Heights& Jerusalem(Pix) by chukwuibuipob: 10:22pm On Feb 25, 2022
sad
Re: Russia Takes Issue With Israel's Sovereignty Over Golan Heights& Jerusalem(Pix) by TalkTalkTwins(m): 10:22pm On Feb 25, 2022
DoggoneDogg:

[s]Yes

Only the intelligent can see it but CNN brainwashed zombies will still defend their slavemasters like the two crying above me.[/s]

Bag of intelligence, I see you sir

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russia Takes Issue With Israel's Sovereignty Over Golan Heights& Jerusalem(Pix) by NwaNimo1(m): 10:22pm On Feb 25, 2022

16 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

Ali Lamine Zeine: Meet The New Prime Minister Of Niger Republic / Naked Donald Trump Statues Erected In New York (Photos) / Cameroonian Man Joins The Ukraine Army (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.