Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,118 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

Edo Guber: PDP Fresh Permutations Favour Obaseki - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo Guber: PDP Fresh Permutations Favour Obaseki (2877 Views)

2023: Wike Changes Permutations In PDP, Becomes Major Threat To Atiku / PDP: Fresh Defection Fears Trail Two Southeast, South-South Governors / Presidential Election Dispute: Tribunal To Hear Atiku, Pdp’s Fresh Motion, July (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Edo Guber: PDP Fresh Permutations Favour Obaseki by Blackking98(m): 9:00pm On Jun 15, 2020
PDP should settle shuaibu cuz he's the only one that can fight oshiomole in Edo north
Re: Edo Guber: PDP Fresh Permutations Favour Obaseki by Dansuqi: 9:00pm On Jun 15, 2020
Esseite:

A COS is more involved than a deputy Gov.

Under obaseki, shuaibu wielded more power than the chief of staff
Re: Edo Guber: PDP Fresh Permutations Favour Obaseki by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jun 15, 2020
CilicMarin:

All these ipob yoots self: So shuaibu will come down from the height of Deputy Governor, only to become Chief of Staff?
was osibande not running errands for Abba kyari?

osibande has to even report to Abba kyari
Re: Edo Guber: PDP Fresh Permutations Favour Obaseki by seunmsg(m): 9:33pm On Jun 15, 2020
Esseite:

Shuaibu might retain his position or get chief of staff... a chief of staff position is more involved than a deputy Gov.

grin grin grin

From deputy governor to chief of staff. Nothing wey person no go read for this Nairaland o.

1 Like

Re: Edo Guber: PDP Fresh Permutations Favour Obaseki by seunmsg(m): 9:42pm On Jun 15, 2020
festacman:
Why should PDP primaries go ahead, produce a clear winner and then the winner will step down for Gov. Obaseki. Believe me, Obaseki will be a mugu to fall for this trap. Legally speaking, participating in party primaries is crucial in becoming an official party candidate.

What is assurance that the winner of the primaries won't agree to step down, allow Obaseki to spend all the money to campaign and run. Then if he wins, original winner goes to court to say he won the primaries and ought to be PDP candidate and not Obaseki who didn't participate in primaries.

I just think something is as fishy as 'mangala fish' in this arrangement. And it may all be a grand conspiracy by Gov. Wike install his man in Edo State.

Oil dey your head my brother. I will be shocked if Obaseki accepts the nonsense PDP is offering.

He cannot replace whoever emerge from the primary without participating in the primary. Assuring him of the party’s ticket without participating in the primary is a big deceit. Hopefully he won’t fall for this scam.
Re: Edo Guber: PDP Fresh Permutations Favour Obaseki by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jun 15, 2020
seunmsg:

Oil dey your head my brother. I will be shocked if Obaseki accepts the nonsense PDP is offering.

He cannot replace whoever emerge from the primary without participating in the primary. Assuring him of the party’s ticket without participating in the primary is a big deceit. Hopefully he won’t fall for this scam.
His a mugu, he would fall for it.
Re: Edo Guber: PDP Fresh Permutations Favour Obaseki by bakila: 10:55pm On Jun 15, 2020
Esseite:
Monies have been disbursed to online warriors, expect barrage of fake news against Obaseki in a few hours..
This thread from Kahal confirms your assertion.
Re: Edo Guber: PDP Fresh Permutations Favour Obaseki by idahme(m): 12:20am On Jun 16, 2020
festacman:
Why should PDP primaries go ahead, produce a clear winner and then the winner will step down for Gov. Obaseki. Believe me, Obaseki will be a mugu to fall for this trap. Legally speaking, participating in party primaries is crucial in becoming an official party candidate.

What if the winner of the primaries agrees to step down, allow Obaseki to spend all the money to campaign and run. Then if he wins the election, the original winner goes to court to say he won the primaries and ought to be official PDP candidate and not Obaseki who didn't participate in the primaries.

I just think something is as fishy as ' dry mangala fish' in this arrangement. And it may all be a grand conspiracy by Gov. Wike install his man in Edo State.

Do u think the agreement won't be documented? Hmmmmm really...
Re: Edo Guber: PDP Fresh Permutations Favour Obaseki by idahme(m): 12:28am On Jun 16, 2020
Flyingngel:
useless permutation.
If Obaseki drop his deputy then loyalty is not in his blood except the deputy willingly accept to drop for the greater good.

The deputy will willingly step down because they can't run in same plantform via PDP but they can do that via smaller parties but their chances of fighting and winning will deminish with diminshing power of the polical platform...the guy will step down , if he insists they all will loose their political career for ever.
Re: Edo Guber: PDP Fresh Permutations Favour Obaseki by fergie001: 12:38am On Jun 16, 2020
festacman:
There is a caveat in Section 35 of the Electoral Act 2010 (as amended) allowing politicians exploit the substitution window. There is usually a documented agreement towards that.

Bukola Saraki did same.
Aminu Tambuwal as well.
Re: Edo Guber: PDP Fresh Permutations Favour Obaseki by fergie001: 12:41am On Jun 16, 2020
seunmsg:

Did Tambuwal participate in the Sokoto Guber Primaries two years ago?

By the provisions of Section 35 of the Electoral Act 2010 (as amended), "a candidate validly nominated by a political party may withdraw his candidature by a notice in writing, signed by him and delivered by himself to the political party that nominated him for the election and such a political party shall convey his withdrawal to the INEC.

“So it is the responsibility of political parties to nominate candidates for elections but such a party can withdraw a candidate properly nominated, if the candidate withdraws his candidature by a notice in writing signed by himself and delivered to the political party that nominated him. "

IT BECOMES A PROBLEM WHEN THE PERSON REFUSES TO WITHDRAW.
Re: Edo Guber: PDP Fresh Permutations Favour Obaseki by festacman(m): 1:03am On Jun 16, 2020
fergie001:

There is a caveat in Section 35 of the Electoral Act 2010 (as amended) allowing politicians exploit the substitution window. There is usually a documented agreement towards that.

Bukola Saraki did same.
Aminu Tambuwal as well.

Ok, these two examples proves substitution is legally allowed. Remarkably, in these two cases cited, there were no party primaries. Name of trusted supporter was submitted to INEC as unopposed candidate and later substituted. So, I don't know...
Re: Edo Guber: PDP Fresh Permutations Favour Obaseki by fergie001: 7:46am On Jun 16, 2020
festacman:

Ok, these two examples proves substitution is legally allowed. Remarkably, in these two cases cited, there were no party primaries. Name of trusted supporter was submitted to INEC as unopposed candidate and later substituted. So, I don't know...
There were primaries.
All parties must run primaries, otherwise we won't have run into the connundrum in Zamfara APC in 2018.

There must be primaries but you will make sure whomever is holding forte is a very trusted ally.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Shooting Of Unarmed People Continues This Morning In Lagos: PICS & VIDEO / Re: NIN Holders To Pay N15,000 To Correct Date Of Birth, 5000 For Name, Address / Photos: Elo Fokan Bale!- Bola Ahmed Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.