Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,748 members, 7,824,155 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

Ganduje Backs Obaseki's Disqualification, Says APC Will Win Edo Again - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ganduje Backs Obaseki's Disqualification, Says APC Will Win Edo Again (32400 Views)

Edo: Again, Court Rejects Shaibu's Plea To Stop Impeachment / Chris Omashola: I Don’t Have Problem With APC, But Obaseki Will Win Edo Election / Ize-Iyamu’s Family Backs Obaseki’s Re-election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ganduje Backs Obaseki's Disqualification, Says APC Will Win Edo Again by Jesusloveyou: 2:01am On Jun 16, 2020
Drabeey:

Betrayals to the clicks or the masses? What kind of betrayal are you talking about?
to the masses.
We were told he will finish from where oshomole stop,
He refused to finish oshomole roads and open the hospital.
Is that not a betrayal of trust
Re: Ganduje Backs Obaseki's Disqualification, Says APC Will Win Edo Again by Jesusloveyou: 2:06am On Jun 16, 2020
DDeliverer:

Seconds later, ize-iyamu is now a saint.
obaseki betray our trust,
So let's give a chance to ize iyamu to also prove us wrong if he is actually a thief.

You guys reminded us how obaseki lineage are betrayals until he prove you PDP guys right.
Re: Ganduje Backs Obaseki's Disqualification, Says APC Will Win Edo Again by blowjohn(m): 2:40am On Jun 16, 2020
WATCHOVER:

Stop supporting illegality.
Kabaka Hotel dey wrong land, government must do their job. Was Kabaka not in support in demolition of former VC of Uniben.
When Oshiomhole said say no to godfatherism were you sleeping then?
Abeg stop writing trash.
For your information I can't cry I only pity Oshiomhole and his supporters.
Oshiomhole might be a political guru no doubt but this time he will lose big time.

How come it was only kabaka hotel tha was on the wrong land there? Go and look at that place again
Re: Ganduje Backs Obaseki's Disqualification, Says APC Will Win Edo Again by Nobody: 4:05am On Jun 16, 2020
blowjohn:

How come it was only kabaka hotel tha was on the wrong land there? Go and look at that place again
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Ganduje is an asshole
Edo state is for PDP
Pdp win the last presidential election in Edo state
Even with Iyamu the thief as PDP candidate in 2016

Pdp be don almost win that election

Not to talk of now.
Obaseki is going to win as PDP candidate

Internet chest beaters grin show me your voters card..... grin
Re: Ganduje Backs Obaseki's Disqualification, Says APC Will Win Edo Again by ospido: 6:25am On Jun 16, 2020
kehinde1588:

Which effort did Obaseki make??

You guys like crying like bush baby any time justice is melted out.

When he refused to swear in 14 APC members, you guys hailed him. When he was openly fighting Osho baba you guys saw him as the new maradona.

When he demolished Kabaka hotel, you guys said he got balls.

Now that he is being dealt with, you guys are now crying.

You guys need to stop crying more than the bereaved. Face your PDP

You did well. But let's take a journey back to Oshiomhole's first tenure
1. Did he not do same to Zakawanu Garba the erstwhile speaker of the EDHA and his others members even declaring their seats vacant?
2. Did Oshiomhole not openly fight the likes of Anenih and Igbinedion among others...people who made him governor?
3. Did not Oshiomhole demolished structures belonging to people such as the ones opposite Main Gate and Bob Izua's properties leading to the death of Izua's wife?
4. What did Obaseki do that Oshiomhole didn't do in grander scale? Just tell me.
Re: Ganduje Backs Obaseki's Disqualification, Says APC Will Win Edo Again by ospido: 6:37am On Jun 16, 2020
Jesusloveyou:
to the masses.
We were told he will finish from where oshomole stop,
He refused to finish oshomole roads and open the hospital.
Is that not a betrayal of trust

1. An uncompleted white elephant hospital with absolutely nothing in it yet it was already commissioned by PMB towards the end of Oshiomhole tenure as governor? I tell you it wasn't designed to work.
2. Which roads are you talking about? Please kindly name them. Am listening.
Re: Ganduje Backs Obaseki's Disqualification, Says APC Will Win Edo Again by supereagle(m): 6:39am On Jun 16, 2020
WATCHOVER:
APCfull of betrayals.

After Obaseki's effort see how they are now leaving him.

Ganduje has just worsen the matter for APC with his utterance.

I pray Obaseki makes the right decision
With all discrepancies in the certificate, you want them to field after winning, the court will disqualify him. PDP has a pending case on the certificate issues with him in the court.
Re: Ganduje Backs Obaseki's Disqualification, Says APC Will Win Edo Again by Olaw86(m): 6:40am On Jun 16, 2020
WATCHOVER:

Stop supporting illegality.
Kabaka Hotel dey wrong land, government must do their job. Was Kabaka not in support in demolition of former VC of Uniben.
When Oshiomhole said say no to godfatherism were you sleeping then?
Abeg stop writing trash.
For your information I can't cry I only pity Oshiomhole and his supporters.
Oshiomhole might be a political guru no doubt but this time he will lose big time.
***Seriously i like your sub-headline******
Stop illegality
Firstly, if you are being sincere with legal and illegality then you should not cry fowl ( sorry for the use of such expression) over Obaseki's disqualification, if what he did to Tony Kabaka was legal then which I feel is cool, the structure was not at the appropriate ground so it has to be demolished based on legality then disqualifying him too based on certificate too should not be bone of contention.
My brother in politics, secrets kept are for future scandals especially when not on same page with the person.
Another important point I'd like you to know is that Obaseki is not fighting against any Godfatherism as they have always lied to us, he is fighting for his relevance and he also want to be in total control of the State. Let's take for instance Obaseki wasn't disqualified, and he later contested and won and became the governor for second term, he finished his term. Now won't he have a preferred candidate? Won't he try to compensate some people he felt has been loyal to him and decided to give them juice post?...... This is how Godfatherism starts before you begin to nail Oshiomole, you and I know that politically Obaseki wasn't relevant not untill Oshiomole brought him before we all begin to Google him and trying to know more about him.
Another interesting questions I want ask you is this, those people that Obaseki is now running to, what are they? The likes of Tinubu, wike, Atiku? and you want to be fooled that he is fighting Godfatherism, brother you are entitled to your opinion o but when commenting try to separate emotions from feelings and allow a critical, logical expression rule your thought that's how we could get the best conclusion.
Re: Ganduje Backs Obaseki's Disqualification, Says APC Will Win Edo Again by Chibezin: 6:46am On Jun 16, 2020
Everybody is entitled to their own opinion,it is left for Edo people to determine,let us know that elections are not won here and the political thinker's or power brokers are not talking mush.(plan to rig is...)
Re: Ganduje Backs Obaseki's Disqualification, Says APC Will Win Edo Again by Zetty177x: 8:17am On Jun 16, 2020
Ganduje, go and conclude your High Court case with Sanusi. Or return the dollars in ya agbada
Re: Ganduje Backs Obaseki's Disqualification, Says APC Will Win Edo Again by holluwizzy: 8:59am On Jun 16, 2020
Besides, what do i even know?

APC and PDP all thieves in diff Clubs.

Meanwhile, i was just passing by.

Revolution is still the head way to save Nigeria or slavery continues.
Re: Ganduje Backs Obaseki's Disqualification, Says APC Will Win Edo Again by romenna: 9:33am On Jun 16, 2020
why are nigerians so blind?
take a good luck at those supporting oshio
thieves and agberos
PDP pls giv obaseki ur ticket
South south and south east governors must stand up to defend obaseki and edo state.
that is the role an opposition party is meant to play in politics
Re: Ganduje Backs Obaseki's Disqualification, Says APC Will Win Edo Again by WATCHOVER(m): 10:21am On Jun 16, 2020
Olaw86:

Stop illegality
Firstly, if you are being sincere with legal and illegality then you should not cry fowl ( sorry for the use of such expression) over Obaseki's disqualification, if what he did to Tony Kabaka was legal then which I feel is cool, the structure was not at the appropriate ground so it has to be demolished based on legality then disqualifying him too based on certificate too should not be bone of contention.
My brother in politics, secrets kept are for future scandals especially when not on same page with the person.
Another important point I'd like you to know is that Obaseki is not fighting against any Godfatherism as they have always lied to us, he is fighting for his relevance and he also want to be in total control of the State. Let's take for instance Obaseki wasn't disqualified, and he later contested and won and became the governor for second term, he finished his term. Now won't he have a preferred candidate? Won't he try to compensate some people he felt has been loyal to him and decided to give them juice post?...... This is how Godfatherism starts before you begin to nail Oshiomole, you and I know that politically Obaseki wasn't relevant not untill Oshiomole brought him before we all begin to Google him and trying to know more about him.
Another interesting questions I want ask you is this, those people that Obaseki is now running to, what are they? The likes of Tinubu, wike, Atiku? and you want to be fooled that he is fighting Godfatherism, brother you are entitled to your opinion o but when commenting try to separate emotions from feelings and allow a critical, logical expression rule your thought that's how we could get the best conclusion.
There is also a moment in life were emotions and feelings walk hand in hand.

You see, the likes of Tinubu, Wike, Atiku etc, had different approach that made them get people sympathy, they never ranted the way Oshiomhole did, they only made moves only in their states:, unlike Oshiomhole who begins to play god both in and outside his boundaries.
You can never hear the likes of James Ibori behaving the way Oshiomhole is doing.
No doubts Oshiomhole is good in political sense but one slight drop makes your cup to over flow, when it overflows you lose the real size of the content inside the cup.
Re: Ganduje Backs Obaseki's Disqualification, Says APC Will Win Edo Again by seanfer(m): 10:50am On Jun 16, 2020
ospido:

You did well. But let's take a journey back to Oshiomhole's first tenure
1. Did he not do same to Zakawanu Garba the erstwhile speaker of the EDHA and his others members even declaring their seats vacant?
2. Did Oshiomhole not openly fight the likes of Anenih and Igbinedion among others...people who made him governor?
3. Did not Oshiomhole demolished structures belonging to people such as the ones opposite Main Gate and Bob Izua's properties leading to the death of Izua's wife?
4. What did Obaseki do that Oshiomhole didn't do in grander scale? Just tell me.

At the Bolded how did Anenih and Igbinedion made Oshiomhole the governor? You want to tell us that the 2 PDP chieftain didn't support Osunbor the PDP flag bearer?
Re: Ganduje Backs Obaseki's Disqualification, Says APC Will Win Edo Again by Pblueboy: 11:02am On Jun 16, 2020
One4me:

Just listen to yourself?
What right does he have to refuse to swear in State Assembly members elected by the good people of Edo?
Is that not the same Abuse of Power and God-fatherism that OBASEK is practising
?
Bro you didn't read my message well... Did any of them come out openly to say the governor refused to swear them in and besides it's not the duty of the governor to do that... The governor's duty is to make a proclamation and he has already done that... The governor has always said they should come and be sworn in but they refused instead they all went to stay in Abuja... In plain language the governor had always sue for peace and even publicly begged those people that are close to them to please tell them to come and resume at their duty post... Am from Edo State and l live there too... So am telling you the reality on ground... Thanks
Re: Ganduje Backs Obaseki's Disqualification, Says APC Will Win Edo Again by ospido: 11:12am On Jun 16, 2020
seanfer:

At the Bolded how did Anenih and Igbinedion made Oshiomhole the governor? You want to tell us that the 2 PDP chieftain didn't support Osunbor the PDP flag bearer?

I can authoritatively tell you that Oshiomhole was sponsored by them. I will not explain more. But look at this simple analogy: why was Oshiomhole fighting those two as his godfathers whereas they belonged to different political parties? I was there and am still here. If you don't know humbly ask and you'll be informed.
Re: Ganduje Backs Obaseki's Disqualification, Says APC Will Win Edo Again by seanfer(m): 11:19am On Jun 16, 2020
ospido:

I can authoritatively tell you that Oshiomhole was sponsored by them. I will not explain more. But look at this simple analogy: why was Oshiomhole fighting those two as his godfathers whereas they belonged to different political parties? I was there and am still here. If you don't know humbly ask and you'll be informed.

How did they sponsor Oshiomhole?
Re: Ganduje Backs Obaseki's Disqualification, Says APC Will Win Edo Again by Caseless: 11:21am On Jun 16, 2020
festacman:
This is expected from Gov. Ganduje because Gov. Obaseki shunned APC Reconciliation Committee led by him to Benin.
i don't know what obaseki was feeling like then for turning down every peace move made to reconcile him and oshio then. NASS intervened, he refused, a committee was setup consisting of leadership and other notable members of the party, he rejected them. The party setup another one, he also rejected. And people said oshiomhole is the problem.
Re: Ganduje Backs Obaseki's Disqualification, Says APC Will Win Edo Again by ospido: 11:22am On Jun 16, 2020
Olaw86:

Stop illegality

No be fight now. All he was saying is if demolishing a hotel are among the sins Obaseki committed,the question is didn't Oshiomhole also demolish structures to settle political scores when he held sway as governor of Edo state?
Re: Ganduje Backs Obaseki's Disqualification, Says APC Will Win Edo Again by ospido: 11:25am On Jun 16, 2020
seanfer:

How did they sponsor Oshiomhole?

I told you i will not explain further. But why did Oshiomhole brand them as Godfathers which culminated in his fighting them back then?
Re: Ganduje Backs Obaseki's Disqualification, Says APC Will Win Edo Again by Caseless: 11:26am On Jun 16, 2020
ospido:

how? Can u stop lying? I heard iyamu was used to support oshio underground by Lucky when he discovered osunbor was not worshipping him. How does that make them his godfathers?
Re: Ganduje Backs Obaseki's Disqualification, Says APC Will Win Edo Again by Caseless: 11:35am On Jun 16, 2020
ospido:

I told you i will not explain further. But why did Oshiomhole brand them as Godfathers which culminated in his fighting them back then?
Anenih was the one deciding who gets what in Edo politics then, and lucky being succeeded by osunbor then, is seen as a godfather to osunbor - they're both godsons to anenih who was wielding so much power in pdp.
Because oshio accused him of godfatherism doesn't mean he was in anyway oshio's godfather. Agbaje in lagos calls tinubu godfather to his opponents in lagos election. Does that make tinubu his godfather?
Re: Ganduje Backs Obaseki's Disqualification, Says APC Will Win Edo Again by ospido: 11:36am On Jun 16, 2020
Caseless:
how? Can u stop lying? [b]I heard iyamu was used to support oshio underground by Lucky [/b]when he discovered osunbor was not worshipping him. How does that make them his godfathers?

1. Don't call me a liar because am a staunch follower of Oshiomhole. I worked with him. But one thing many of us detested was saying one thing and doing another. This is a major reason many are leaving Oshiomhole. Otherwise,by the kind of person he showed he was he need not "rig an election in Edo." But you can ask how the last election was.
2. So how would you qualify the action of Lucky in the bolded?
3. When Oshiomhole was saying "say no to Godfatherism" who was he referring to?
Re: Ganduje Backs Obaseki's Disqualification, Says APC Will Win Edo Again by ospido: 11:43am On Jun 16, 2020
Caseless:
Anenih was the one deciding who gets what in Edo politics then, and lucky being succeeded by osunbor then, is seen as a godfather to osunbor - they're both godsons to anenih who was wielding so much power in pdp.
Because oshio accused him of godfatherism doesn't mean he was in anyway oshio's godfather. Agbaje in lagos calls tinubu godfather to his opponents in lagos election. Does that make tinubu his godfather?

Let me be a little bit blunt. Anenih brought Osunbor while Lucky secretly brought Oshiomhole. But while case was in court and it was clear Osunbor would lose Anenih switched sides. These were common facts we knew about.
Re: Ganduje Backs Obaseki's Disqualification, Says APC Will Win Edo Again by Caseless: 11:45am On Jun 16, 2020
ospido:

1. Don't call me a liar because am a staunch follower of Oshiomhole. I worked with him. But one thing many of us detested was saying one thing and doing another. This is a major reason many are leaving Oshiomhole. Otherwise,by the kind of person he showed he was he need not "rig an election in Edo." But you can ask how the last election was.
2. So how would you qualify the action of Lucky in the bolded?
3. When Oshiomhole was saying "say no to Godfatherism" who was he referring to?
u're not following oshomhole. Where's oshio trying to be a godfather? Oshio made him to fight members, refuse to swear in those members, pull hotel of kabaka down, refuse to entreaties, rejected committees sent to make peace and created discrepancies in his certificates?
If oshio actually rigged, how come buhari lost edo and lost 2 senate seats and HoR seats?
Re: Ganduje Backs Obaseki's Disqualification, Says APC Will Win Edo Again by seanfer(m): 11:49am On Jun 16, 2020
ospido:

Anenih was the PDP BOT Chairman and Igbinedion happens to be the father of the former Governor of the state and they both handpicked Prof Osunbor as the successor to Lucky Igbinedion..
Oshiomhole fought them all because they tried to steal his mandate and the court gave him back the seat...
They tried to use the House of Assembly to frustrate his first term,, The subsequent Election all those Supported by Anenih and Igbinedion lost woefully to Oshiomhole's party and that brought the statement Oshiomhole made that He has retired the Edo Godfathers.
Re: Ganduje Backs Obaseki's Disqualification, Says APC Will Win Edo Again by ospido: 11:51am On Jun 16, 2020
Caseless:
u're not following oshomhole. Where's oshio trying to be a godfather? Oshio made him to fight members, refuse to swear in those members, pull hotel of kabaka down, refuse to entreaties, rejected committees sent to make peace and created discrepancies in his certificates?
If oshio actually rigged, how come buhari lost edo and lost 2 senate seats and HoR seats?

The 2016 governorship election where Ize-Iyamu contested against Obaseki, you mean you do not know what happened? Even the blind knew who actually won and lost that election.
Re: Ganduje Backs Obaseki's Disqualification, Says APC Will Win Edo Again by oluwadaret: 11:54am On Jun 16, 2020
Lets wait and see. This election will tell us the price of Adam Oshomole in Edo state
Re: Ganduje Backs Obaseki's Disqualification, Says APC Will Win Edo Again by Caseless: 11:54am On Jun 16, 2020
ospido:

Let me be a little bit blunt. Anenih brought Osunbor while Lucky secretly brought Oshiomhole. But while case was in court and it was clear Osunbor would lose Anenih switched sides. These were common facts we knew about.
you don't call them his godfathers because of that. That's a political alliance to defeat an enemy. Oshio would accept tinubu as his godfather than any other person.
Re: Ganduje Backs Obaseki's Disqualification, Says APC Will Win Edo Again by ospido: 11:55am On Jun 16, 2020
seanfer:

Anenih was the PDP BOT Chairman and Igbinedion happens to be the father of the former Governor of the state and they both handpicked Prof Osunbor as the successor to Lucky Igbinedion..
Oshiomhole fought them all because they tried to steal his mandate and the court gave him back the seat...
They tried to use the House of Assembly to frustrate his first term,, The subsequent Election all those Supported by Anenih and Igbinedion lost woefully to Oshiomhole's party and that brought the statement Oshiomhole made that He has retired the Edo Godfathers.

You know nothing about Edo politics. Was there no squabble between Anenih and Igbinedion which prompted Lucky to fund Oshiomhole's campaign etc secretly?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Edo Election: Obaseki And Wife Cast Their Votes / APC Crisis: Akande’s Letter Angers Northern Party Leaders / Buhari, Governors May Clash With Tinubu Over Ambode - GuardianNg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.