Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,921 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:04 AM

Why Do People Always Tell Me This.... - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do People Always Tell Me This.... (419 Views)

Why Do People Always Equate Atheists With Having No Morals / Tell Me About The Freemasons / Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Always Tell Me This.... by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jun 15, 2020
Ive been searching for the meaning of this thing some people always tell me.
"I siri ike o" meaning you are strong o in English. And the people who have told me this, have told me they visit native doctor at some point but they made me understand it's to find out about someone who stole their belongings. But on a different day, when I'm just passing on the street, they'll make that statement ( at different times though). In fact, I stopped talking to one of them and planning to cut off from the other one who just started saying his own. Not like we are friends though.

Another one I observed is a woman in the same compound. Anytime I do a midnight prayer, the next day she'll frown if I greet her. I don't want to go into details of her other funny behavior towards me. So what could be the cause of these statements and behaviors.

Anyone experienced such or have any ideas what it means. Or should I discard it?
Re: Why Do People Always Tell Me This.... by Tallesty1(m): 7:57pm On Jun 15, 2020

Re: Why Do People Always Tell Me This.... by mekzyjoe(m): 8:04pm On Jun 15, 2020
Eulalia:
"I siri ike o" meaning you are strong o in English. And the people who have told me this, have told me they visit native doctor at some point but they made me understand it's to find out about someone who stole their belongings. But on a different day, when I'm just passing on the street, they'll make that statement ( at different times though). In fact, I stopped talking to one of them and planning to cut off from the other one who just started saying his own. Not like we are friends though.

Another one I observed is a woman in the same compound. Anytime I do a midnight prayer, the next day she'll frown if I greet her. I don't want to go into details of her other funny behavior towards me. So what could be the cause of these statements and behaviors.

Anyone experienced such or have any ideas what it means. Or should I discard it?
Continue in ur prayers my dear..God is backing u up strongly..the fervent prayers of the righteous availet much..u have fire surrounding u..that's y dose people are quick to tell u ,u r untouchable..DNT relax.more grace

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Always Tell Me This.... by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jun 15, 2020
mekzyjoe:

Continue in ur prayers my dear..God is backing u up strongly..the fervent prayers of the righteous availet much..u have fire surrounding u..that's y dose people are quick to tell u ,u r untouchable..DNT relax.more grace

Amen Amen. Hmm...
Thanks bro.
Re: Why Do People Always Tell Me This.... by Missyajoke(f): 8:25pm On Jun 15, 2020
Eulalia:

@Eulia don't disturb yourself. I've experienced it before. It's not something you should worry about..... You're strong spiritually they might have tried to harm you and see God's protection around you.
Re: Why Do People Always Tell Me This.... by meobizy(f): 8:28pm On Jun 15, 2020
OP, I siri ike o.
Re: Why Do People Always Tell Me This.... by Kobojunkie: 8:28pm On Jun 15, 2020
Eulalia:

Another one I observed is a woman in the same compound. Anytime I do a midnight prayer, the next day she'll frown if I greet her. I don't want to go into details of her other funny behavior towards me. So what could be the cause of these statements and behaviors?

When you do your "midnight prayer", are you one of those who likes to ANNOUNCE herself? I don't like people who pretend that when they pray they have a God-given license to disturb the whole Adugbo/house/neighborhood.

Jesus Christ said that if we want to pray, we should enter our closets -- do so quietly, without being a nuisance to others.

If you are not one of those Announcer types, then I would say don't read any meaning into it. If you have God's Spirit living inside of you, He will lead you to the knowledge you desire in time.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Always Tell Me This.... by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jun 15, 2020
Missyajoke:

@Eulia don't disturb yourself. I've experienced it before. It's not something you should worry about..... You're strong spiritually they might have tried to harm you and see God's protection around you.

Hmm... really? I've always tot in that direction and each time it occurs to me, I intensify my prayers.

Thanks dear.
God bless you.
Re: Why Do People Always Tell Me This.... by Galactico4ever(m): 8:30pm On Jun 15, 2020
Missyajoke:

Her name is Eulalia
Re: Why Do People Always Tell Me This.... by Missyajoke(f): 8:31pm On Jun 15, 2020
Galactico4ever:
Her name is Eulalia

Okay undecided undecided
Re: Why Do People Always Tell Me This.... by Kobojunkie: 8:32pm On Jun 15, 2020
Eulalia:

Hmm... really? I've always tot in that direction and each time it occurs to me, I intensify my prayers.

Thanks dear.
God bless you.
Intensify prayer? What does that really mean? I mean be honest... if Jesus Christ himself never did all of that, what gain is there in engaging in such? undecided undecided
Re: Why Do People Always Tell Me This.... by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jun 15, 2020
Kobojunkie:

When you do your "midnight prayer" , are you one of those who likes to ANNOUNCE herself? I don't like people who pretend that when they pray they have a God-given license to disturb the whole Adugbo/house/neighborhood.
never! I don't even like it when someone does such. So I don't. Even if I have a roommate, she'll not hear me when I'm praying. So that is out of the question.

Jesus Christ said that if we want to pray, we should enter our closets -- do so quietly, without being a nuisance to others.
exactly how I observe my prayers.

If you are not one of those Announcer types, then i would say don't resd any meaning into it. If you have God's Spirit living inside of you, He will lead you to the knowledge you desire in time .
ok. Thanks.
Re: Why Do People Always Tell Me This.... by Missyajoke(f): 8:35pm On Jun 15, 2020
Just continue your prayer the way you pray it.
You don't have to intensify it.
Re: Why Do People Always Tell Me This.... by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jun 15, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Intensify prayer? What does that really mean? I mean be honest... if Jesus Christ himself never did all of that, what gain is there in engaging in such? undecided undecided

To fire them off grin tongue
Re: Why Do People Always Tell Me This.... by Missyajoke(f): 8:36pm On Jun 15, 2020
You don't have to intensify it. Prayer should be prayed silently not shouting to disturb the neighborhood.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Always Tell Me This.... by Kobojunkie: 8:37pm On Jun 15, 2020
Eulalia:

To fire them off grin tongue
There is no such thing.

Believing that people are out to get you and that there are enemies every where is not what Jesus taught us.
Re: Why Do People Always Tell Me This.... by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jun 15, 2020
Missyajoke:
You don't have to intensify it. Prayer should be prayed silently not shouting to disturb the neighborhood.

Ok.
Thanks.
Re: Why Do People Always Tell Me This.... by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jun 15, 2020
Kobojunkie:

There is no such thing.

Ok.
Re: Why Do People Always Tell Me This.... by Missyajoke(f): 8:39pm On Jun 15, 2020
Eulalia:

Ok.
Thanks.

You're welcome

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Anti-christ/apollo's Father Is Satan / Happy Jumma Mubarak...dr Ramon Adedoyin / The Role Of The Church In Leadership And Governance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.