Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,795 members, 7,810,067 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:54 PM

Settled - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Settled (1660 Views)

Programmers, Please Your Golden Advise Is Needed / Programmers, Please Recommend A Good Laptop For Me. / Python Programmers Please Help Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Settled by jflexy(m): 12:06pm On Aug 30, 2020
tactics:
l am really sorry for all the troubles.

How much do you want now?

Quit trying to save face here, pay me back my money unless what I woukd do to you would be greater than what I've already done.
Re: Settled by WoundedLamb: 2:19pm On Aug 30, 2020
My response on the other thread:
WoundedLamb:

The issue with many independent contractors (freelancers) is that while they may know how to code, they don't have any experience in the business and management sides of software development. They've never been in a formal setting to see how it's done so they still face problems that have well proven principles/methodologies used to mitigate them. I know this cause this is not the first time I'm reading about such problems between developers and their clients on here.

In the case above, for example, if a project timeline/plan was produced starting from the kick-off meeting (team description/leadership, task allocation, communication plan, etc.) all the way to post deployment support grace period and detailing all the phases in between, you wouldn't have had this issue. This is because the deliverables for each phase will be well defined and the client's sign off must be obtained before the commencement of the next phase. A client who signed off the requirement document (one of the deliverables in the analysis phase) and solutions blueprint (one of the deliverables in the design phase) is automatically on the same page as the developer when it gets to the development phase. Whatever issue the client has during the testing phase (which must be done using a test script that has cases corresponding to each block in the requirement document) would be clear and backed up by well understood textual and diagramatic documentations. With this level of precision/clarity and because timelines are designed to have a correction phase as a subset of the development phase, these issues aren't likely shake up the project except it is an entirely new request in which a change request process will be triggered. Most importantly, milestone payments should be adopted and payment spread out across strategic phases of the timeline; such payments must only be paid after the sign of the phases.

The above process is a watered down description of what the actual management of SDLC entails and there are alternative approaches but, at least, you get the picture. The process ensures that the developers and the client are on the same page at every point and that each party has enough reasons to stay motivated. Most importantly, it makes the project progress quantifiable and trackable.

OP, sorry you had issues with your vendor. I hope you guys settle soon or, at least, you find someone who would work better with you.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Settled by hardebayho(m): 6:53pm On Aug 30, 2020
jflexy:

Quit trying to save face here, pay me back my money unless what I woukd do to you would be greater than what I've already done.

I don't think your threats are necessary. Whether he's trying to save face or not, just talk to him and get what you want. This way you're talking will just be prolonging matters.
Re: Settled by tactics: 7:12pm On Aug 30, 2020
What's your problem?

You requested for your money and l asked you how much you want. We agreed on 30,000 naira. I paid you 20,000 naira instantly and l told you that I will give you the remaining 10,000 naira in the next 2 weeks.

After a week or more you suddenly sent me a message saying you won't accept 30,000 naira again. You want me to pay you 50,000 naira now. Where did you get that from?

Who will be happy to hear that news?

You are here embarrassing me as if l refused to pay you.

You are not a straight forward person.

Seriously, l don't know how to treat your case.

I paid 20,000 naira into this account

Joseph Obasi
Zenith Bank

And these are his numbers
+234 810 987 9625.
+234 817 168 3164

I am available. When you are ready to resolve this let me know

(1) (2) (Reply)

What's Your Favourite Coldfusion Tag / Please What Really Is Object Oriented Programming. / Beginning Coders Get Dirty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.