Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,748 members, 7,824,153 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

Python Programmers Please Help Out - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Python Programmers Please Help Out (1496 Views)

Programmers, Please Your Golden Advise Is Needed / Python Programmers Lets Meet Here!!! / Programmers, Please Recommend A Good Laptop For Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Python Programmers Please Help Out by chiemeriev9: 1:09am On May 26, 2018
Greetings everyone, please I seriously need an assistant now...

Am new to Python, am writing a program but am having problem in installing my own modules...

if I want to import non in built module it will say that it's not a module
for instance if I want to import "main" as a new module,,, it will say: error, no module named main.

How do I solve the problem ?

please you can drop your number for me to contact or whatsapp you if you can help me out

you can contact or whatsapp me on 08106990814

Thanks
Re: Python Programmers Please Help Out by GreatAchiever1: 12:39pm On May 26, 2018
chiemeriev9:

Am new to Python, am writing a program but am having problem in installing my own modules...

for instance if I want to import "main" as a new module,,, it will say: error, no module named main.

please you can drop your number for me to contact or whatsapp you if you can help me out

Thanks

Don't grab... Is it that u can't import using inheritance. Or u want to install a module using the pip? (Still a newbie tho)
Re: Python Programmers Please Help Out by AbsoluteMadMan: 4:02pm On May 26, 2018
Let's say you have a folder myprogram and this is your working directory. These are the ways you can import modules in that folder.

with a file myfolder/main.py
you can import using
import main
# or
from .main import x

with a file myfolder/myprogram/__init__.py, and another myfolder/myprogram/main.py
where the content of myfolder/myprogram/__init__.py is
from .main import MyClass

you can do:
import myprogram
cls = myprogram.MyClass()

# or
from myprogram import MyClass
cls = MyClass()
Re: Python Programmers Please Help Out by 2nioshine(m): 1:21pm On May 27, 2018
chiemeriev9:

Thanks
Yea the error is clear. My guess would be either the module is a third party module(ie not present in the python standard library) in this case you have to install using the Python installation manager pip

pip install package_name(do this on your comand line /console)

Then on your editor, do

Import modulename(the name of the module/file)

If the module is a sub of another module, do

From xyz import zyx
eg from time import sleep

Or from xyz import *
eg from time import *

*' just says give me all under the main

If this fails maybe no module exist with that name

The second reason might be that it is a module you created, if this is the case, ensure the name of the module does not conflict with a standard python module.

State clearly the module you are trying to import and you might get a better response and be sure you are not working on a virtual environment (venv) If that is the case then you have to re install all dependencies even tho they previously exist on your PC/machine
Re: Python Programmers Please Help Out by chiemeriev9: 8:03am On May 28, 2018
GreatAchiever1:

Don't grab... Is it that u can't import using inheritance. Or u want to install a module using the pip? (Still a newbie tho)
The modules is not in python library... I created it my self
I want to import it on command prompt but it's saying "no module named.... "
Re: Python Programmers Please Help Out by chiemeriev9: 8:07am On May 28, 2018
2nioshine:

Yea the error is clear. My guess would be either the module is a third party module(ie not present in the python standard library) in this case you have to install using the Python installation manager pip

Then on your editor, do

From xyz import zyx

Or from xyz import *
eg from time import *

The second reason might be that it is a module you created, if this is the case, ensure the name of the module does not conflict with a standard python module.

State clearly the module you are trying to import and you might get a better response and be sure you are not working on a virtual environment (venv) If that is the case then you have to re install all dependencies even tho they previously exist on your PC/machine

Have tried installing it using pip but still not working, maybe I made mistakes somewhere, I will try it again

please will like to contact / chat you, this my contact

thanks
Re: Python Programmers Please Help Out by chiemeriev9: 8:09am On May 28, 2018
AbsoluteMadMan:
Let's say you have a folder myprogram and this is your working directory. These are the ways you can import modules in that folder.

with a file myfolder/main.py
you can import using
import main
# or
from .main import x

with a file myfolder/myprogram/__init__.py, and another myfolder/myprogram/main.py
where the content of myfolder/myprogram/__init__.py is
from .main import MyClass

you can do:
import myprogram
cls = myprogram.MyClass()

# or
from myprogram import MyClass
cls = MyClass()

if I do it that way, they still say "no module named main"

plz will like to chat with you 08140688073
Re: Python Programmers Please Help Out by chiemeriev9: 9:01am On May 28, 2018
2nioshine:

Then on your editor, do

From xyz import zyx

Or from xyz import *
eg from time import *

ok

but what about this one, what do I do?

Re: Python Programmers Please Help Out by 2nioshine(m): 9:02am On May 28, 2018
chiemeriev9:

Have tried installing it using pip but still not working, maybe I made mistakes somewhere, I will try it again

please will like to contact / chat you, this my contact

thanks
If you created the module, that means it should likely have the .py extension.
Say the file name is game.py
If you wish to import this module, you should you ;
Import game
or from game import the_function_name

and not
Import game.py

Modified
I just noticed you updated a screen shot now.

Firstly i don't often use python 2.
Try
Import Queue (capital Q) ie (use a try and except block... Abeg pardon my codes am not using the right tag)

try:
import Queue as queue
except ImportError:
import queue

For python 3 do
try:
import queue
except ImportError :
import Queue as queue

I believe the small 'q' works fine for python 3.

For the first question
try:
from urllib.parse import urlparse
except ImportError :
from urlparse import urlparse

or simply

from urlparse import urlparse
Since you are on python 2

If still doesn't work let me know, so i research on it. We learn everyday

(1) (Reply)

From Estate Agent To Programmer, No Lappy / My Personal Performance Test On PHP7 VS Facebook HHVM & New Features / Urgent Help: Wordpress Users Should Get In Here Your Attention Is Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.