Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,452 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:30 PM

COVID-19: Doctors, Parents, Teachers Caution FG Against Re-Opening Of Schools - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / COVID-19: Doctors, Parents, Teachers Caution FG Against Re-Opening Of Schools (26770 Views)

NAAT Warns FG Against Accepting ASUU’s UTAS / Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma / Parents, Teachers Panic As Lunatic,hoodlums Take Over Ekiti School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: Doctors, Parents, Teachers Caution FG Against Re-Opening Of Schools by Goke7: 11:44am On Jun 16, 2020
fortran12:

How many children have died in other countries since they resumed school?

oh you want to see them die before you believe? not all parents are careless like you if you are one and you think our schools here especially public schools can maintain safety guidelines?
Re: COVID-19: Doctors, Parents, Teachers Caution FG Against Re-Opening Of Schools by tuzle(m): 11:44am On Jun 16, 2020
My questions is if corona virus doesn't fade away before the end of the year, what will happen then? Will school activities be scrapped for the year and all students receive receive promotion. What is going to happen if we have a worst case scenario and it extends to next year?
Re: COVID-19: Doctors, Parents, Teachers Caution FG Against Re-Opening Of Schools by Goke7: 11:45am On Jun 16, 2020
fortran12:

As markets are open how many people have died? Have the cases skyrocketed? Children are not affected as much as adults.
The government people are not sensitive to people's plights.

its a global problem, not a nigerian problem, get this into your skull pls

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Doctors, Parents, Teachers Caution FG Against Re-Opening Of Schools by Goke7: 11:48am On Jun 16, 2020
tuzle:
My questions is if corona virus doesn't fade away before the end of the year, what will happen then? Will school activities be scrapped for the year and all students receive receive promotion. What is going to happen if we have a worst case scenario and it extends to next year?

good question, let's hope a cure is found or a vaccine is discovered. Till then life can never return to normal as the education sector must now do things differently for students to forge ahead with their educational pursuits, perhaps digital or elearning will be the way forward
Re: COVID-19: Doctors, Parents, Teachers Caution FG Against Re-Opening Of Schools by fortran12: 11:48am On Jun 16, 2020
Goke7:

its a global problem, not a nigerian problem, get this into your skull pls
Why are you foul mouthed? You just reply as if you know me personally. Your response shows you are not informed about the virus.
You need help

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Doctors, Parents, Teachers Caution FG Against Re-Opening Of Schools by Deloo: 11:50am On Jun 16, 2020
Yes, the concerns of the these groups of people are understandable. Doctors are concerned with continuous hazard allowances up to 50% of their salaries, Parents don't have money to send their wards back to school and teachers want to continue enjoying salaries without work.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Doctors, Parents, Teachers Caution FG Against Re-Opening Of Schools by Goke7: 11:53am On Jun 16, 2020
fortran12:

Why are you foul mouthed? You just reply as if you know me personally. Your response shows you are not informed about the virus.
You need help

oh sorry na u de informed pass grin

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Doctors, Parents, Teachers Caution FG Against Re-Opening Of Schools by princety24(m): 12:00pm On Jun 16, 2020
Re: COVID-19: Doctors, Parents, Teachers Caution FG Against Re-Opening Of Schools by signorstan: 12:00pm On Jun 16, 2020
schools should remain close for now. let us learn from Israel that opened schools and they later closed down schools because of the rapid spread of infection among students and teachers

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Doctors, Parents, Teachers Caution FG Against Re-Opening Of Schools by salt1: 12:05pm On Jun 16, 2020
Goke7:

are you normal? do children go to markets, rubbish

Don't their parents go to markets and return home to them? Aren't the other adults going out and coming back home?

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Doctors, Parents, Teachers Caution FG Against Re-Opening Of Schools by DelphiOracle(m): 12:12pm On Jun 16, 2020
chukwukapromise:
So all these associations are saying that we should wait for the coast to be clear for us to reopen schools?..

So the question is, when exactly would the coast be clear?... And how do they plan on clearing the coast?

Even by September, our livescore would still be reading 300+ per day.. So what's the point again? undecided

Just try and put protocols in place for the Reopening and not waiting for the number of case to reduce before Declaring the coast a clear one.. The coast cannot be cleared and that was evident in the Lockdown.. And if we are waiting for the coast to be cleared, then nah 2021 we dey look so.
no 2025! Yeye people as if covid 19 told them that by September it will go away.

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Doctors, Parents, Teachers Caution FG Against Re-Opening Of Schools by SirWarlock: 12:16pm On Jun 16, 2020
chukwukapromise:
So all these associations are saying that we should wait for the coast to be clear for us to reopen schools?..

So the question is, when exactly would the coast be clear?... And how do they plan on clearing the coast?

Even by September, our livescore would still be reading 300+ per day.. So what's the point again? undecided

Just try and put protocols in place for the Reopening and not waiting for the number of case to reduce before Declaring the coast a clear one.. The coast cannot be cleared and that was evident in the Lockdown.. And if we are waiting for the coast to be cleared, then nah 2021 we dey look so.
it's not that simple. To me it's not necessarily about the coast being clear but reaching a comfort zone. Nigeria is finding it hard to handle the present situation, talkless of handling clusters of school outbreaks. Our government has either gotten confused or they've simply passed the baton to us concerning covid.
Re: COVID-19: Doctors, Parents, Teachers Caution FG Against Re-Opening Of Schools by SirWarlock: 12:19pm On Jun 16, 2020
jayworld15:
When countries in Europe, America, Asia are easing their lockdown, that’s where you see Nigeria resonating her voice to locking down ironically her most vital sector( though not vital but least, through taking a thorough check on management, funding, policies, structures etc). It is appalling that the most crowded zone (Market) is opened without following laid down rules while schools are shut. It is more egregious that the makers of law are the breakers of same laws. And it is most unthinkably wicked that the government rather than providing palliatives for her citizens denied them of such but created daunting task of suffering to her citizens through taxations. The same government is without blueprint on how to combat this pandemic or scamdemic (according to individual’s belief) and is now telling her citizens that their “survival is now in their hands”. Oh! Lord. My pipu, make nnah try sheta nnah sef o! Nigerian government doesn’t give a Bleep if you live or die as long as money comes in into the national purse.

Protect yourself!
Those are countries that actually managed their situation and got control of their curves. Nigeria isn't close to being there yet.
Re: COVID-19: Doctors, Parents, Teachers Caution FG Against Re-Opening Of Schools by olusma23(m): 12:20pm On Jun 16, 2020
This is one of the reason this life is not just balance. Selfishness has eaten deep into human system.

Take a look at all these people advising the government against school opening;
The go out on daily basis and have contact with different people.
Their sectors are opened for business and those that work in private company are earning salary while teachers and lecturer in private institution that teach their children are suffering with no govt intervention. This same parents will still want the best teacher to tutor their children oo.

If the whole nation is still under lockdown, will they say the same thing? Will they advice the govt to continue with the lockdown without earning for 2 months?

The fact is no one is safe anymore from the virus unless you don't go out in the last 3 months and you don't allow any visitors in your home.

Human being are just too selfish.

Public workers are still earning salary while other graduate that work in private schools are suffering.

If school open today, both teachers and students are the one at risk and those teachers too are children of someone. So they should not make it look like it's only their children at risk.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Doctors, Parents, Teachers Caution FG Against Re-Opening Of Schools by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jun 16, 2020
ODUBEZE:

Don't mind them, A handful of people will just stay somewhere and make decisions for millions of people

As I am typing this now children from different compound converged in my compound and have been playing since early in the morning

In fact it's was their noise that woke me, how many parents are there supervising them

What has happened to them over the month Tomorrow again, they will still converge

The children are restless with nothing to keep them busy, instead of them playing away their life, is its not better to keep them busy in school

Made them restless, am happy you said that.... And as we all know, an idle hand is a devil's workshop. You will be shocked about the things this kids are already exposed too. Its terrible, when school finally resumes, it would be crazy. This period we are living now, raising a good child is not a Normal duty anymore, it requires serious sacrifice by the parent, physically, mentally, spiritually and emotionally. The undergraduates will be worse.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Doctors, Parents, Teachers Caution FG Against Re-Opening Of Schools by SirWarlock: 12:23pm On Jun 16, 2020
megama:
Good ones. I don't know why private proprietors are rushing school opening. We don't need to sell our conscience because of money. No vaccines no school. Best idea
bad idea

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Doctors, Parents, Teachers Caution FG Against Re-Opening Of Schools by paulsir: 12:24pm On Jun 16, 2020
If you are a parent,you will embrace those advices. Those children don't know the right from wrong. Do you think Israel and South Africa that shutdown schools just 4 days after opening dont know what they were doing?
Lives of those children matters to us than education.
At least your president and many leaders are not educated,but they are where thé are today. Life first education later.
Re: COVID-19: Doctors, Parents, Teachers Caution FG Against Re-Opening Of Schools by SirWarlock: 12:26pm On Jun 16, 2020
fortran12:

How many children have died in other countries since they resumed school?
Check out South Africa. They've recorded deaths in the 0-9 age range.
Re: COVID-19: Doctors, Parents, Teachers Caution FG Against Re-Opening Of Schools by SirWarlock: 12:28pm On Jun 16, 2020
tuzle:
I mean it's not like it's beyond Nigeria to have grounded academic activities for that long . Though it's a bad idea for us to just wait for a vaccine that might never come.
Re: COVID-19: Doctors, Parents, Teachers Caution FG Against Re-Opening Of Schools by SirWarlock: 12:33pm On Jun 16, 2020
olusma23:
This is one of the reason this life is not just balance. Selfishness has eaten deep into human system.

Take a look at all these people advising the government against school opening;
The go out on daily basis and have contact with different people.
Their sectors are opened for business and those that work in private company are earning salary while teachers and lecturer in private institution that teach their children are suffering with no govt intervention. This same parents will still want the best teacher to tutor their children oo.

If the whole nation is still under lockdown, will they say the same thing? Will they advice the govt to continue with the lockdown without earning for 2 months?

The fact is no one is safe anymore from the virus unless you don't go out in the last 3 months and you don't allow any visitors in your home.

Human being are just too selfish.

Public workers are still earning salary while other graduate that work in private schools are suffering.

If school open today, both teachers and students are the one at risk and those teachers too are children of someone. So they should not make it look like it's only their children at risk.
Yeah we're now in a very difficult situation. No amount of 'just do this and you'll be safe' is enough. And herd immunity isn't happening anytime soon sad
Re: COVID-19: Doctors, Parents, Teachers Caution FG Against Re-Opening Of Schools by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jun 16, 2020
Dem don collect money.
Re: COVID-19: Doctors, Parents, Teachers Caution FG Against Re-Opening Of Schools by cnonyechi(f): 12:58pm On Jun 16, 2020
Am surprised at people's comments, children are vulnerable biko!!! Health is more important, moreover we can consider this as their summer vacation as there won't be any this year again.
Re: COVID-19: Doctors, Parents, Teachers Caution FG Against Re-Opening Of Schools by fortran12: 1:00pm On Jun 16, 2020
SirWarlock:
Check out South Africa. They've recorded deaths in the 0-9 age range.
How many? Several diseases kill kids and am sure it was not the virus only that killed them. They must have had several complications too. Its wrong to tag such deaths corona
Re: COVID-19: Doctors, Parents, Teachers Caution FG Against Re-Opening Of Schools by Greensquard(m): 1:13pm On Jun 16, 2020
Hmmm this corona shit is going to keep people home for a long time..better help urself and earn even during the lockdown..forget all those referal and network bullshit..u make money asap with me depends on how fast and diligent u are,and sure there is money in it for me teaching u,cos u pay me after u have made some certain amount no b.s but ofcourse there r rules that will be inplace to make sure u comply and NOT run with my 1.5 that u are suppose to pay me after 3months..dm if intrested,pls born again stay away from me and if u want to set me up too just dnt even try cos i have been in this for years and im very rich so i have met alot of people who tried to set me up..its just a waste of time so anyway if u got balls dm me..
Re: COVID-19: Doctors, Parents, Teachers Caution FG Against Re-Opening Of Schools by ReorxTohGan(m): 1:21pm On Jun 16, 2020
Goke7:

u should be asking urself the same question...since wen u've been going to markets, so u haven't seen children in stalls and streets selling on behalf of their guardians..

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Doctors, Parents, Teachers Caution FG Against Re-Opening Of Schools by Asekhamhe1: 1:22pm On Jun 16, 2020
plz they should not open schools now they should wait till August or September put adequate measures in place before starting up this are children Nigeria has not gotten to its peak as,per the virus thing
Re: COVID-19: Doctors, Parents, Teachers Caution FG Against Re-Opening Of Schools by Kollysman1: 1:35pm On Jun 16, 2020
Goke7:

yes and if in your own village, children no dy go market. their parent wey dy no go pack corona come give the same children?

naija no just dy use their head

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Doctors, Parents, Teachers Caution FG Against Re-Opening Of Schools by ThatFairGuy: 1:43pm On Jun 16, 2020
Enugupikin:
You're a dirty man..u must be afonjja undecided
Why did you refused to use your senses? Oh, nothing is there.

Re: COVID-19: Doctors, Parents, Teachers Caution FG Against Re-Opening Of Schools by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jun 16, 2020

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Waec 2006/2007 Is Out! / MI’s Vector Diss Track Is An Assignment Topic In Ibadan Polytechnic / Nigeria National Anthem & Pledge In English, Yoruba & Hausa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.