Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,588 members, 7,816,448 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

Sarah Jubril Takes Jonathan To Court - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sarah Jubril Takes Jonathan To Court (8046 Views)

Halliburton Scandal: Buhari May Go After IBB, Abdulsalami, Jubril Aminu / BREAKING NEWS: ASUU Takes Jonathan's Message To Members •after 13 Hours Meeting / Atiku Takes Jonathan-economics To The Clearners ! ! ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sarah Jubril Takes Jonathan To Court by maimalari: 9:02am On Jan 26, 2011
For getting only one vote during the Peoples
Democratic Party (PDP) presidential primary election,
a defeated aspirant during the contest, Mrs Sarah
Jibril, has alleged foul play and has gone to the
Federal High Court in Abuja to stop President
Goodluck Jonathan from parading himself as winner
of the election.
The Director-General of the Sarah Jibril Campaign
Organisation, Musa Ajogie, told newsmen in Kaduna,
on Tuesday, that they were also asking the court to
declare as null and void the said primary election
where Jonathan was declared winner, alleging that
what the PDP did was ridiculous and had set a bad
precedence.
Mrs Jibril also asked the court to declare that Atiku
Abubakar was not the Northern consensus candidate
for the PDP and joined President Jonathan, Mallam
Adamu Ciroma, Independent National Electoral
Commission (INEC) chairman, Attahiru Jega and
Atiku Abubakar in the suit.
“They told the court in their affidavit that consensus
as verdict has nothing to do with voting. Consensus
means unanimous agreement on an issue or on a
candidate not by voting.”
Re: Sarah Jubril Takes Jonathan To Court by maimalari: 9:04am On Jan 26, 2011
tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/16685-sarah-jibril-drags-pdp-to-court-over-jonathan
Re: Sarah Jubril Takes Jonathan To Court by otokx(m): 9:49am On Jan 26, 2011
This is very funny
Re: Sarah Jubril Takes Jonathan To Court by maimalari: 10:13am On Jan 26, 2011
How is it funny?
Re: Sarah Jubril Takes Jonathan To Court by Coolabbie: 10:23am On Jan 26, 2011
grin grin Sims lyk a ploy 2 kip her in public lite.
Re: Sarah Jubril Takes Jonathan To Court by monkeyleg: 10:25am On Jan 26, 2011
She has a point, and she has every right to challenge a wrong went it happens, A trait most Nigerians lack.
Re: Sarah Jubril Takes Jonathan To Court by vigasimple(m): 10:33am On Jan 26, 2011
One wonders who gave the woman 1 vote in Kwara or Kogi state she came from. If she was not the one who voted for herself, the person who vote for should have that vote recall.

Historically, how many votes and delegates has she got in the past. suffering from Attention Seeking Deficit Disorder.

Even Atiku who had 800+ delegates votes knew he has no prayer, either in court or in another party.

Look, guys, SW declared encblock for GEJ, SS are not going to deny their own, SE follows the orders of Ndigbo. So Southern vote locked up.

Going towards the North, Kwara and Kogi are more or less Yoruba states so, that will be in the bag for GEJ, then Plateau. Benue will definitely vote GEJ, Kaduna, state of Sambo wil also follow suit.

The only states unreachable for now for GEJ, and he may not need them are Sokoto, Kano, Kebbi, Niger, and a few others. so GEJ will even win Sarah Jubril vote comes the general election.
Re: Sarah Jubril Takes Jonathan To Court by monkeyleg: 10:38am On Jan 26, 2011
Listen guys, it doesnt matter if Sarah Jubril didnt stand a chance of winning, the key things here is if there was evidence of foul play in the process which ushered GEJ in.

I keep saying it, Nigerians need to learn how to do things properly. We have all lost the ability to distinguish right from wrong, or more importantly, we dont care about right or wrong.
Re: Sarah Jubril Takes Jonathan To Court by blacksta(m): 10:53am On Jan 26, 2011
vigasimple:

One wonders who gave the woman 1 vote in Kwara or Kogi state she came from. If she was not the one who voted for herself, the person who vote for should have that vote recall.

Historically, how many votes and delegates has she got in the past. suffering from Attention Seeking Deficit Disorder.

Even Atiku who had 800+ delegates votes knew he has no prayer, either in court or in another party.

Look, guys, SW declared encblock for GEJ, SS are not going to deny their own, SE follows the orders of Ndigbo. So Southern vote locked up.

Going towards the North, Kwara and Kogi are more or less Yoruba states so, that will be in the bag for GEJ, then Plateau. Benue will definitely vote GEJ, Kaduna, state of Sambo wil also follow suit.

The only states unreachable for now for GEJ, and he may not need them are Sokoto, Kano, Kebbi, Niger, and a few others. so GEJ will even win Sarah Jubril vote comes the general election.

Which text book did you copy the above from . Please bear in mind that delegates voting pattern can not in anyway be used to predict actual election pattern. The Delegates were highly compromised it is a well known fact that primaries are decided by behind the scene strong arm tactics. I am not sure of the rest of country but south west including Kwara and Kogi are not lock down BY GEJ especially with the recent calamities coming out of Camp GEJ. GEJ is showing that he is business as usual for the corrupt elite.
Re: Sarah Jubril Takes Jonathan To Court by golamike: 11:26am On Jan 26, 2011
monkeyleg:

Listen guys, it doesnt matter if Sarah Jubril didnt stand a chance of winning, the key things here is if there was evidence of foul play in the process which ushered GEJ in.

I keep saying it, Nigerians need to learn how to do things properly. We have all lost the ability to distinguish right from wrong, or more importantly, we dont care about right or wrong.

And what makes u think d process was flawed? Last time i checked, all d candidates (including Sarah Jubril) had agents representing them during d counting of d votes. So y are u blabbing?
Re: Sarah Jubril Takes Jonathan To Court by monkeyleg: 11:58am On Jan 26, 2011
golamike:

And what makes u think d process was flawed? Last time i checked, all d candidates (including Sarah Jubril) had agents representing them during d counting of d votes. So y are u blabbing?

Maybe I am blabbing, but even bbc reported that the whole primaries thing, in thier words was a "Cash and Carry" affair, Once again I may be blabbing, but I believe in the truth, not like most who think a corrupt process will produce good eggs.
Re: Sarah Jubril Takes Jonathan To Court by tellwisdom: 12:05pm On Jan 26, 2011
GEN!! GEN!!, GEN!! GEN!!, THE FILM HAS JUST STARTED!! grin grin mumu woman,
Re: Sarah Jubril Takes Jonathan To Court by sessy2(f): 12:06pm On Jan 26, 2011
[/quote][quote author=monkeyleg link=topic=592918.msg7606087#msg7606087 date=1296039524]
Maybe I am blabbing, but even bbc reported that the whole primaries thing, in thier words was a "Cash and Carry" affair, Once again I may be blabbing, but I believe in the truth, not like most who think a corrupt process will produce good eggs.
so who stopd her from bringing cash to carry dat day?
Re: Sarah Jubril Takes Jonathan To Court by xoxogg(f): 12:09pm On Jan 26, 2011
Is this from wazobia reports?
Re: Sarah Jubril Takes Jonathan To Court by MaJBlige(f): 12:10pm On Jan 26, 2011
i liked this woman when i heard her speak at the convention, but now- crying foul for no main reason, i think i am begining to think otherwise.

Why did she go to Jonathan to congratulate him after the votings were concluded and results announced? Is this an after thought?
Re: Sarah Jubril Takes Jonathan To Court by victorazy(m): 12:11pm On Jan 26, 2011
they don send her. i think say she get sense but not knowing that she was up to something. they should leave gej alone cuz their is a force following him.
Re: Sarah Jubril Takes Jonathan To Court by Frank3n2(m): 12:23pm On Jan 26, 2011
This woman way no get shame dey drag GJE go court say she get one vote, NONCENCE. Its just another way to make people know her, grin
Re: Sarah Jubril Takes Jonathan To Court by 8oracle(m): 12:37pm On Jan 26, 2011
I am not a politician, and will never be, the political class in whatever country are deceitful, dishonest, double speak, shameless liars, look at the charade that took place at the PDP delegate primaries.
1 Their national chairman deceived his party, knowing the consequences of a court order issued at Enugu, and went ahead to address delegates with full vigor and vim.
2 With all the noise about women empowerment by the wife of the head of state,(butchering voice elocution)  who ought to have a job in one of the ministries, and women been their own worst enemy, could not at least vote for one of their own. Who is fooling who? ko Dame Patience Goodluck ni Sarah Jibril.
3 whatever the rating on Goodluck Johnathan by Nigerians he will go the same way others went.NO ONE IS GOOD, the heart of men is full of deceit so says the Lord God Almighty
Re: Sarah Jubril Takes Jonathan To Court by 1025: 12:45pm On Jan 26, 2011

@vigasimple,
what formation did obasanjo use in winning in 2003 and 1999 respectively? which formation brough yar adua on board? what were the interest of ndigbo in endorsing jonathan? in all ur mentioning of GEJ, where did u include his most recent name(Azikiwe).
what are those qualities that jonathan posses that makes him the best candidate for this post?
when abacha wanted to succeed himself, did u not see in pictures, newspapers, tvs etc that the majority of nigerians want him to continue? in iraq, did u not see saddam hussien win 100%? in iran did u not witness their last election and the follow up protests? in zimbabwe, did u not see mugabe win every day?
every nigerian wants Goodluck jonathan ebere azikiwe yet we see pictures of slain human beings, we see bombs in enugu and we see pipeline destruction even in his home state, uncle pls use the smallest part of ur brain. who are those coursing these problems and what are their grieviances? in the peaceful and democratic pdp, what is wrong with their leadership and if leadership is not stable in a very peaceful party like pdp, who then is in charge?
Re: Sarah Jubril Takes Jonathan To Court by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jan 26, 2011
attention seekers on the rampage ,mschew
Re: Sarah Jubril Takes Jonathan To Court by Ninapha(f): 12:57pm On Jan 26, 2011
Lekwa nu nwanyi a ooooooo. Uwa ojo na ndu alili
Re: Sarah Jubril Takes Jonathan To Court by Bukittes(f): 1:02pm On Jan 26, 2011
This woman sure makes one laugh. Lol!! Where were her delegates? Do u know that she was even sleeping when her one vote was called? She awoke to the noise to realise that the vote she casted for herself actually counted! Eyah! But this afterthought of hers is wonderful cos I can remember her congratulating GEJ after resuts were annoounced. She's just attention seeking kowai! Madam ok, we no say u dey too ooo abeg make see time do anoda thing carry go jooo
Re: Sarah Jubril Takes Jonathan To Court by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jan 26, 2011
monkeyleg:

Thank God you know you are blabbing. As long as the delegates did not vote for Mr A and the electoral officer announced Mr B, the election is justified. If a delegate sold his vote for candidate A by collecting some cash from him, it is not the fault of candidate A but that of the delegate and those who don't know how to play the game, in this case Sarah Jubril. I think she is just a noice maker
Re: Sarah Jubril Takes Jonathan To Court by golamike: 1:19pm On Jan 26, 2011
monkeyleg:

You haven't answered my question! So because BBC said something, it must be true? What facts/evidence do u have? If Sarah Jubril had won, would that have made the whole process fair? All this noise is because GEJ won d primaries. I am not in anyway supporting GEJ on this, but i hate factless arguments. Now, be sincere, did u think Sarah Jubril could win d primaries? Tell me the states in which you thought she was going to have more votes than GEJ or Atiku. I don't know who u're supporting and i don't care to know, but try and be more objective in all your contributions.
Re: Sarah Jubril Takes Jonathan To Court by ekea2001: 1:27pm On Jan 26, 2011
Let's support her.
Re: Sarah Jubril Takes Jonathan To Court by monkeyleg: 1:36pm On Jan 26, 2011
koastar:

Thank God you know you are blabbing. As long as the delegates did not vote for Mr A and the electoral officer announced Mr B, the election is justified. If a delegate sold his vote for candidate A by collecting some cash from him, it is not the fault of candidate A but that of the delegate and those who don't know how to play the game, in this case Sarah Jubril. I think she is just a noice maker

What I am suggesting here, is let us not dismiss her because she has cried foul. She might have a case.

And yes, if Sarah Jubril had made it through foul means, I would have asked questions about her.

The problem with Nigeria, is that anything goes. We lack integrity from top to bottom, that is why we see nothing wrong in that country.

Delegates were essentially bribe, but in Nigerian terms, there is nothing wrong. Like it is often said, we are probably worse than our leaders. Shame
Re: Sarah Jubril Takes Jonathan To Court by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jan 26, 2011
the woman needs a reimbursement of her campaign expenses just that she is trying to raise unneccessary dust about it or is she completely confused?
whats has Atiku's concensus candidacy or prof. jega/inec got to do with her losing the primaries.

God help us, imagine a presidential aspirant can not even make a logical case for herself
Re: Sarah Jubril Takes Jonathan To Court by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jan 26, 2011
monkeyleg:

What I am suggesting here, is let us not dismiss her because she has cried foul. She might have a case.

And yes, if Sarah Jubril had made it through foul means, I would have asked questions about her.

The problem with Nigeria, is that anything goes. We lack integrity from top to bottom, that is why we see nothing wrong in that country.

Delegates were essentially bribe, but in Nigerian terms, there is nothing wrong. Like it is often said, we are probably worse than our leaders. Shame
any proof or u are one of the rumour mongers we have here
Re: Sarah Jubril Takes Jonathan To Court by monkeyleg: 1:52pm On Jan 26, 2011
I dont think anyone on here can say for sure that nothing suspecious happned during the primaries. My point remains that if there is reason to question the process, she has every right to do that without being antagonised as some of you are doing.

If this was the UK and you are picking a party leader, and there is wift of money changing hands, I cant even suggest what would happen.

Now are people denying that the 5000 / 7000 dollar issue never happened?

Strange people, funny country
Re: Sarah Jubril Takes Jonathan To Court by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jan 26, 2011
monkeyleg:

I dont think anyone on here can say for sure that nothing suspecious happned during the primaries. My point remains that if there is reason to question the process, she has every right to do that without being antagonised as some of you are doing.

If this was the UK and you are picking a party leader, and there is wift of money changing hands, I cant even suggest what would happen.

[b]Now are people denying that the 5000 / 7000 dollar issue never happened?[/b]Strange people, funny country
any proofs,dont believe everything u read and dont forget that you can do RIGHT thingS in the process of doing the WRONG oneS,however,do not be quick to forget that lobbying is part of the electioneering process
Re: Sarah Jubril Takes Jonathan To Court by shakara4u(m): 2:02pm On Jan 26, 2011
Strange people, funny country

and which country are you from, ?
Let's support her.

you and who?
any [b]proof [/b]or u are one of the rumour mongers we have here

gbam!!!!
Re: Sarah Jubril Takes Jonathan To Court by redsun(m): 2:09pm On Jan 26, 2011
I leant Gej gave every petty candidates that voted for him five hundred dollars each while atikugave his seven hundred dollars but still lost.That was just the money spent on nobodies,i wonder how much must have been spent on big wigs like OBJ,ANENIH,CIROMA AND CO,just to get true party primaries.

Is it in the constitution that primary election votes can be bought?Because from my source,it seems like an ideal thing to do

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

When A Headgirl Is Given The Job Of A School Principal - Pics / Ganduje Empowers Petty Traders With N135m / IPOB Heavy Protest Today Shut Down Southeast And South South (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.