Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,038 members, 7,825,287 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:50 AM

I’m A Computer Science Student, I Don’t Know What To Do - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I’m A Computer Science Student, I Don’t Know What To Do (3710 Views)

FUTMINNA Best Graduating Student: I Never Knew I Would Have University Education / What Is The Best Course To Study As A Science Student.? / 49-Year-Old UNIJOS Political Science Student Dies Few Days After Graduation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I’m A Computer Science Student, I Don’t Know What To Do by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 5:19pm On Jun 16, 2020
SonOfAfonja:

08095653493...thanks
You're welcome
Re: I’m A Computer Science Student, I Don’t Know What To Do by Lovexme(m): 5:35pm On Jun 16, 2020
MASTERCHIEF0847:

If you need books on Cyber security or python programming i can help you with some.

I'll be greatful. I need the Cyber security books.
Re: I’m A Computer Science Student, I Don’t Know What To Do by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 5:36pm On Jun 16, 2020
Lovexme:

I'll be greatful. I need the Cyber security books.
Drop your WhatsApp number. I will send it tomorrow.
Re: I’m A Computer Science Student, I Don’t Know What To Do by Macwrites: 5:39pm On Jun 16, 2020
nnadychuks:
Ladies and Gents in the house; I’m fvcked! Computer science is a wonderful course home and abroad. The good thing is I’m good at logic and maths but computer science wasn’t the course I aspired for in my secondary school days. After trying for the second time I was admitted into Computer science department in FUTO. Ever since then, I feel frustrated. I’m currently on a 3.51CGPA but That’s because I’m a very hardworking student. I know about different branches of my course but the problem is I don’t know what I need to learn, I don’t love the course, I only believe I’m here for a purpose which I don’t know yet. I’ve researched online and I understand “Software development” is the most lucrative, but we know Our beloved country always has a different approach to everything.
Dear sir/ma,
If you have read to this point I believe you have an experience in this field. Please give some advise That will help me make the decision for my career.
Best regards,
Nnadychuks

If you want to build a career in CS, and you are interested/excited about software development, learn about blockchain development.

Precisely learn about developing on smart contract platforms. Building decentralized applications (dapps)

Research about Ethereum and/or tezos blockchain. They are two interesting platforms.

Regards
Re: I’m A Computer Science Student, I Don’t Know What To Do by Donphykson: 5:49pm On Jun 16, 2020
nnadychuks:
Ladies and Gents in the house; I’m fvcked! Computer science is a wonderful course home and abroad. The good thing is I’m good at logic and maths but computer science wasn’t the course I aspired for in my secondary school days. After trying for the second time I was admitted into Computer science department in FUTO. Ever since then, I feel frustrated. I’m currently on a 3.51CGPA but That’s because I’m a very hardworking student. I know about different branches of my course but the problem is I don’t know what I need to learn, I don’t love the course, I only believe I’m here for a purpose which I don’t know yet. I’ve researched online and I understand “Software development” is the most lucrative, but we know Our beloved country always has a different approach to everything.
Dear sir/ma,
If you have read to this point I believe you have an experience in this field. Please give some advise That will help me make the decision for my career.
Best regards,
Nnadychuks

I can see you are interested in software development. How about creating a schedule for learning the skills needed, with the current pandemic you can start by learning which of the area you have the most interest in.
Forget about computer science in Nigeria, just study and graduate because learning IT in nigeria is scam especially in public university
Re: I’m A Computer Science Student, I Don’t Know What To Do by cornelin(m): 5:53pm On Jun 16, 2020
MASTERCHIEF0847:

cybrary offers free courses. There's some other websites offering free tutorials too.
I also downloaded textbooks and videos from YouTube.
Please sir. Help a brother
I have interest in Python and cyber security
WhatsApp. 0813 546 7622
Thank you

1 Like

Re: I’m A Computer Science Student, I Don’t Know What To Do by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 5:55pm On Jun 16, 2020
cornelin:
Please sir. Help a brother I have interest in Python and cyber security WhatsApp. 0813 546 7622 Thank you
Ok. I will send it tomorrow.
Re: I’m A Computer Science Student, I Don’t Know What To Do by jesmond3945: 5:58pm On Jun 16, 2020
MASTERCHIEF0847:

I assume you have a laptop already, download books (PDF) , videos.
Learn the Linux operating system, learn the command line, learn a programming language like python. With these 3 skills you can easily get into data science or cyber security and artificial intelligence.
With knowledge of Linux you can also become a system administrator, database analyst etc. Over 80% of servers worldwide are Linux based.
I learnt all 3 skills in school, after school i focused on cyber security which you can also find a lot of tutorials online for free. Last year i took the EC-Council Certified Ethical Hacker certification course, now am preparing for the OSCP from offensive security the creators of Kali Linux. If i get my OSCP i can get a job anywhere because there's a shortage of security professionals worldwide up to 80% deficit.
I was thinking the field is saturated
Re: I’m A Computer Science Student, I Don’t Know What To Do by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 6:02pm On Jun 16, 2020
jesmond3945:
I was thinking the field is saturated
No it's not, rather there's a shortage of professionals in the field worldwide.
Re: I’m A Computer Science Student, I Don’t Know What To Do by jesmond3945: 6:09pm On Jun 16, 2020
Op my advise is this, you have to be motivated about whatever you want to do. If you are not keen on doing it, you might not want to continue further. For my own case I took up cyber security because of the menace of cyber crimes in Nigeria and its worldwide global appeal. So whatever you do please have motivation and passion for it. I also want to add that what you are learning in school is all about how to design algorithms and before you can design any algorithm you must understand how it works through mathematical theories. Programming is just implementation of designed algorithms. In big companies, there are departments who research theory, some do design, some programme to produce a product for the market. So if you know how to programme and not the principle of the algorithm you are trying to implement then you are not a good computer scientist

1 Like

Re: I’m A Computer Science Student, I Don’t Know What To Do by donconior: 6:28pm On Jun 16, 2020
MASTERCHIEF0847:

I would appreciate if I get those materials.. 09047442805.
Thank you
Re: I’m A Computer Science Student, I Don’t Know What To Do by Lush100(m): 6:32pm On Jun 16, 2020
Good evening sir,
I am going to advise u but I am not in the computer science field but u can take my advice with 90% value.
The future of computer science is artificial intelligence and robotics.
The problem with these two I mentioned above is I can ALMOST guaranty you if you aim to study it it in Nigeria you will not get value for your money.
It's likely to be very expensive.
You know at a point I enrolled for CISA and I sought the best place to do it in Lagos, yet it wasn't practical.(I hate classroom-non practical).
Though I understood the principle behind that course, yet when you get to live environment, u want to prepared with some practical training.
So it's boils down to money and where u will be taught hands-on training too.
Good luck sir
NB. True enough, most people make very good livelyhood income different from courses they studied in school.
Just thought I should let u know this since you said u don't like the course.

nnadychuks:
Dear sir/ma,
Best regards,
Nnadychuks

2 Likes

Re: I’m A Computer Science Student, I Don’t Know What To Do by Fiduciary(m): 8:03pm On Jun 16, 2020
MASTERCHIEF0847:

Okay. Drop your WhatsApp number. I will send it tomorrow.
Need it also sir

1 Like

Re: I’m A Computer Science Student, I Don’t Know What To Do by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 8:17pm On Jun 16, 2020
Fiduciary:
08125612136 Need it also sir
I will send it tomorrow.
Re: I’m A Computer Science Student, I Don’t Know What To Do by tunjijones(m): 8:49pm On Jun 16, 2020
nnadychuks:
Dear sir/ma,
Best regards,
Nnadychuks

I ventured into cyber security after my bleeped up years in sch. I studied comp sci too but as u know we were taught rubbish in sch.

I did cyber security and am not regretting it at all. Though it quite expensive but it worth it.
Re: I’m A Computer Science Student, I Don’t Know What To Do by frankosivue(m): 8:52pm On Jun 16, 2020
jesmond3945:
Op my advise is this, you have to be motivated about whatever you want to do. If you are not keen on doing it, you might not want to continue further. For my own case I took up cyber security because of the menace of cyber crimes in Nigeria and its worldwide global appeal. So whatever you do please have motivation and passion for it. I also want to add that what you are learning in school is all about how to design algorithms and before you can design any algorithm you must understand how it works through mathematical theories. Programming is just implementation of designed algorithms. In big companies, there are departments who research theory, some do design, some programme to produce a product for the market. So if you know how to programme and not the principle of the algorithm you are trying to implement then you are not a good computer scientist
WONDERFUL
Re: I’m A Computer Science Student, I Don’t Know What To Do by frugal(m): 10:49pm On Jun 16, 2020
You will not learn anything super useful in school unless your school is covenant or Babcock. You have to take the initiative yourself and learn something useful. Thankfully, there are lots of online materials and online internships these days.

So learn all the theoretical bullshits your school has to offer - they're good for your grades anyways. Then focus on real world tools and solutions.

For what to focus on, that'll depend on you. The craze currently is data science using python. It's a very good start like others have suggested. You'll know what to do next once you start solving real world problems.

1 Like

Re: I’m A Computer Science Student, I Don’t Know What To Do by sirmyke: 11:10pm On Jun 16, 2020
#include < iostream >
using namespace std ;

Void main( )
{
Int years_left;
While (alive)
{
years_left = randint( ); years_left>0; years_left - -
}
Cout<< "keep coding, making app, games & site"
Getch( );
}
Re: I’m A Computer Science Student, I Don’t Know What To Do by Petyr1: 11:15pm On Jun 16, 2020
MASTERCHIEF0847:

1 Like

Re: I’m A Computer Science Student, I Don’t Know What To Do by Lagschools: 12:46am On Jun 17, 2020
Computer Science is a wonderful course just like other courses.

With computer science, there are lots of options available.

You can do researches on the list of fields associated with computer science, then pick anyone you would love to do.

Go to Youtube, Udemy or Skillshare to watch courses on the subject you have chosen.

Hope this helps you.

CC: Nnadychuks

1 Like

Re: I’m A Computer Science Student, I Don’t Know What To Do by jpawjpaw(m): 1:46am On Jun 17, 2020
sirmyke:
#include < iostream >
using namespace std ;

Void main( )
{
Int years_left;
While (alive)
{
years_left = randint( ); years_left>0; years_left - -
}
Cout<< "keep coding, making app, games & site"
Getch( );

}
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;
int main ( )
{
cout << "what are you trying to explain please?." <<endl;
cout << "can you help on how to code 'line spacing' please. " <<endl;
return 0;
}
Re: I’m A Computer Science Student, I Don’t Know What To Do by Island01: 5:08am On Jun 17, 2020
MASTERCHIEF0847:

I will send it tomorrow.
good morning bro, kindly send to me too 08

1 Like

Re: I’m A Computer Science Student, I Don’t Know What To Do by hardebaur(m): 6:42am On Jun 17, 2020
Also need it Sir,08144470749
Re: I’m A Computer Science Student, I Don’t Know What To Do by Nobody: 8:37am On Jun 17, 2020
I need it too sir. This is my whatsApp contact: 09033347918.
MASTERCHIEF0847:

1 Like

Re: I’m A Computer Science Student, I Don’t Know What To Do by onlineit: 11:12am On Jun 17, 2020
Enjoyed reading the article above, really explains everything in detail, the article is very interesting and effective. Thank you and good luck for the upcoming articles Python Online Training
Re: I’m A Computer Science Student, I Don’t Know What To Do by lastmessenger: 11:19am On Jun 17, 2020
nnadychuks:
Ladies and Gents in the house;
Nnadychuks
visit www.w3schools.com and start from there. You have all the programming language to learn for free of charge. I hope you have a working laptop?
Re: I’m A Computer Science Student, I Don’t Know What To Do by Lorayne(m): 1:11pm On Jun 17, 2020
MASTERCHIEF0847:

Nice to meet you here. Which course are you studying?
I had same problem too but finally settled on cyber security as a penetration tester and Vulnerability analyst.
Studying computer science too.... Just confused on what field to go into. there's just so many and they re all so fucking attractive!... Help me.
Re: I’m A Computer Science Student, I Don’t Know What To Do by jakizio42(m): 2:22pm On Jun 17, 2020
MASTERCHIEF0847:

Okay. Drop your WhatsApp number. I will send it tomorrow.
Pls i also need it
Re: I’m A Computer Science Student, I Don’t Know What To Do by jakizio42(m): 2:26pm On Jun 17, 2020
lastmessenger:
visit www.w3schools.com and start from there. You have all the programming language to learn for free of charge. I hope you have a working laptop?
Can i use a smartphone
Re: I’m A Computer Science Student, I Don’t Know What To Do by jakizio42(m): 2:27pm On Jun 17, 2020
lastmessenger:
Can i use a smartphone to learn the course first
Re: I’m A Computer Science Student, I Don’t Know What To Do by lastmessenger: 2:47pm On Jun 17, 2020
jakizio42:

Can i use a smartphone to learn the course first
programming has to do with practical. Its hands on unless you want to only read the theories which will not really be making sense.
You can still go ahead to browse through the site and see what is there
Re: I’m A Computer Science Student, I Don’t Know What To Do by nnadychuks(m): 3:25pm On Jun 17, 2020
MASTERCHIEF0847:

We should keep in touch, WhatsApp and email. I'm still learning too, no one has monopoly of knowledge .
I’ve sent an email sir. I can’t drop my mobile here to avoid ban

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos State Polytechnic Admision For Part Time Is Out: / ICAN Study Center At Alimosho, Egbeda / Appreciation Message From Fibsu National President-elect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.