Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,121 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:36 PM

The Sorry State Of Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Sorry State Of Nigeria (180 Views)

Abuja In A Sorry State. What Wike Must Do To Revamp Nigerian Capital / Sorry State Of Ikeja Bus Terminal Months After It Was Commissioned By Buhari / Omoyele Sowore Laments On The Sorry State Yaba Railway Station (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Sorry State Of Nigeria by urchcoded(m): 1:42pm On Jun 16, 2020
In South Africa, the biggest religious centers are owned by Nigerians.

In Nigeria, the biggest Businesses are owned by South Africans.

In South Africa, Nigeria's biggest export includes Christ Embassy Church and Redeemed Church.

In Nigeria, South Africa's presence is announced through MTN and Shoprite Etc.

So while Nigeria is busy exporting religion, South Africa is busy placing an economic presence in the continent.

In America, Europe etc, Nigerians are building big congregations while those countries are going to Nigeria to build big corporations.

This is why I feel ashamed of any Nigerian papa who is busy praying for his spiritual sons to get employed - who will employ them when the people who should build corporate organizations are busy building religious cathedrals?

Nigeria should formally declare that religion is our major product so that the world will stop expecting us to export something else besides religion.

Think about this.
Re: The Sorry State Of Nigeria by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jun 16, 2020
Religion has made Nigerians live in servitude, Russia was once like this until their leaders decided they wanted to compete with the rest of Europe, then they started investing in industrialisation of their country.

In Nigeria instead of researching and seeking for solutions to our problem, we get on our knees and pray for solution to our problems, instead of electing good leaders, we pray for good leaders lol, most backward set of people I have ever seen in my life!

2 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of Nigeria by urchcoded(m): 1:53pm On Jun 16, 2020
kingawothefirst:
Religion has made Nigerians live in servitude, Russia was once like this until their leaders decided they wanted to compete with the rest of Europe, then they started investing in industrialisation of their country.

In Nigeria instead of researching and seeking for solutions to our problem, we get on our knees and pray for solution to our problems, instead of electing good leaders, we pray for good leaders lol, most backward set of people I have ever seen in my life!
I swear would we ever get it right in this country, I used to believe in this country but now, I've completely lost hope and will seek to travel out if possible

1 Like

Re: The Sorry State Of Nigeria by donbachi(m): 2:18pm On Jun 16, 2020
The reason most people failed and are still failing. in life.is the carrying of a wrong person in mind,and seeing the real enemy as a friend..my brother,the church is not in any way responsible for your problems.hold your government responsible,make them account for every penny,that was meant for building factories,good hospital,schools and good roads.and allow GOD, to hold the church and the pastors responsible,for not winning you to him..the church only obligation,is to win soul for christ and the government,is to give you a better life here on earth...if the church can expand home and abroad,from tithes and offerings.then the government should give you all the social amenities..abi una no dey pay taxes..have a nice day.

(1) (Reply)

Start To Plan Post-COVID-19 Welfare For Nigerians, Peter Obi Tells Leaders / Ghana Apologizes After Demolition Of Building In The Nigeria High Commission / FG, Nigerian Army Have Restored Peace To Most Warring Communities -report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.