Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,516 members, 7,819,860 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

Opinion: "Reopen Schools Using These Protocols " - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion: "Reopen Schools Using These Protocols " (2028 Views)

Amaechi: FG Will Stop Train Services If COVID-19 Protocols Are Not Observed / Obasanjo Enforces COVID-19 Protocols At The Burial Of Florence Adenekan / Kano Issues Protocols For Eid, Friday Prayers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion: "Reopen Schools Using These Protocols " by Odoctor(m): 3:25pm On Jun 16, 2020
This is the inspiration I got this afternoon. Let us apply it for reopening of our schools. My suggestion to the Federal Govt.

1. Minimize the amount of exposure time: No assembly, no recreation, no play of any such. They go to school, straight to the classroom, have like 3-4 series of lessons lasting a maximum of 3 hours and dismissed. They go home straight. These must be done with everyone on face mask.

2. Minimize number school days. Instead of Monday to Friday. Let it be Monday, Wednesday, and Friday .

3. Compulsory hand washing before entering school premises.

4. Compulsory face mask for students and teachers.

5. If nursery and primary school are too small for this, then we open secondary and university only. At least A parent can afford to teach their wards primary school stuffs.

This is important because the students are still not protected as we assume to because, they go church, mosque and market. Some of them are doing lessons in their various localities, hence are still exposed.

So I humbly suggest we work with the reality on ground, by implementing the above. Coronavirus will be with us for a long time according to WHO. So, for how long do the students wait? Is the waiting serving any major protective role?

#myopinion

Cc: seun, lalasticlala, mynd44

15 Likes

Re: Opinion: "Reopen Schools Using These Protocols " by BlowYourMind: 3:30pm On Jun 16, 2020
You try

1 Like

Re: Opinion: "Reopen Schools Using These Protocols " by Odoctor(m): 3:32pm On Jun 16, 2020
BlowYourMind:
You try
Thank you
Re: Opinion: "Reopen Schools Using These Protocols " by 175(m): 3:33pm On Jun 16, 2020
Very smart idea and protocol

4 Likes

Re: Opinion: "Reopen Schools Using These Protocols " by Odoctor(m): 3:35pm On Jun 16, 2020
175:
Very smart idea and protocol
Thanks
Re: Opinion: "Reopen Schools Using These Protocols " by Swizbank: 3:43pm On Jun 16, 2020
Wonderful. Please there is a lot sense in this. Who are the relevant bodies, please can this be looked into?

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: "Reopen Schools Using These Protocols " by ThatFairGuy: 3:44pm On Jun 16, 2020
Beautiful idea OP.
This is why we need sound minded youths in GOVERNANCE. Old-school will think like old-school.
We're tired of these old men and women in politics while they're not willing to relinquish power to the youths.
I wish those political parties can swallow their pride, merge, become a THIRD FORCE and present very sound and incorruptible youth for presidency. Who wan suffer? But If we then refused to have sense, we'll keep voting BETTER old thieves

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: "Reopen Schools Using These Protocols " by Odoctor(m): 3:48pm On Jun 16, 2020
Thank you sir. I appreciate.
ThatFairGuy:
Beautiful idea OP.
This is why we need sound minded youths in GOVERNANCE. Old-school will think like old-school.
We're tired of these old men and women in politics while they're not willing to relinquish power to the youths.
I wish those political parties can swallow their pride, merge, become a THIRD FORCE and present very sound and incorruptible youth for presidency. Who wan suffer? But If we then refused to have sense, we'll keep voting BETTER old thieves

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opinion: "Reopen Schools Using These Protocols " by Zendinho(m): 4:52pm On Jun 16, 2020
To add to what the OP pointed out...

I suggest 7am-12pm class in the morning and 12pm-4pm class in the afternoon for schools with thick population.

That's to say schools with thick population should be divided into morning and afternoon sessions to minimize crowd.

If this approach is adopted, the different sessions should be given different colors of uniforms for easy identification cos of some scrupulous sets of students.

5 Likes

Re: Opinion: "Reopen Schools Using These Protocols " by adekolaelect(m): 5:12pm On Jun 16, 2020
Good but this protocol can only work with only matured students .it is not applicable to primary school students .
Re: Opinion: "Reopen Schools Using These Protocols " by Swizbank: 6:53pm On Jun 16, 2020
Zendinho:

I suggest 7am-12pm class in the morning and 12pm-4pm class in the afternoon for schools with thick population.

That's to say schools with thick population should be divided into morning and afternoon sessions to minimize crowd.

If this approach is adopted, the different sessions should be given different colors of uniforms for easy identification cos of some scrupulous sets of students.
another line
Re: Opinion: "Reopen Schools Using These Protocols " by Zendinho(m): 8:18pm On Jun 16, 2020
[quote author=Swizbank post=90741155]
another line....

Hope my line is in order?
Re: Opinion: "Reopen Schools Using These Protocols " by SuperStriker: 8:20pm On Jun 16, 2020
What an eediot that expects little children to wear face masks.

Goat.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: "Reopen Schools Using These Protocols " by Swizbank: 8:49pm On Jun 16, 2020
[quote author=Zendinho post=90743729][/quote]
Sure, it is.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: "Reopen Schools Using These Protocols " by tutudesz: 8:52pm On Jun 16, 2020
It will be very easy Private School to follow this, what about Public Schools with the I don't care teachers?
Re: Opinion: "Reopen Schools Using These Protocols " by Odoctor(m): 6:59am On Jun 23, 2020
tutudesz:
It will be very easy Private School to follow this, what about Public Schools with the I don't care teachers?
The "I don't care" is now an abuse. Abuse cannot rule out the use. Just like saying, it's possible for plane to crash, so I won't enter plane.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: "Reopen Schools Using These Protocols " by Odoctor(m): 7:01am On Jun 23, 2020
SuperStriker:

Goat.

Your point being? You mean secondary and university students are children?
Re: Opinion: "Reopen Schools Using These Protocols " by Odoctor(m): 7:03am On Jun 23, 2020
Zendinho:

Two good heads are in deed better than one.
We have solution to our problems.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: "Reopen Schools Using These Protocols " by Odoctor(m): 7:06am On Jun 23, 2020
adekolaelect:
Good but this protocol can only work with only matured students .it is not applicable to primary school students .

Perfect. Then let's open secondary and university. Primary pupils can be taught by their parents. Every parent can afford to teach the chdren basic primary school stuffs
Re: Opinion: "Reopen Schools Using These Protocols " by Gandollaar(f): 7:07am On Jun 23, 2020
OP nice one.

Permit me to share it together with other suggestions from responders in my kids school WhatsApp group.
Re: Opinion: "Reopen Schools Using These Protocols " by Dakad: 7:08am On Jun 23, 2020
Kudos OP. We can add body disinfectant machines to be use on every students and staff
Re: Opinion: "Reopen Schools Using These Protocols " by Odoctor(m): 7:10am On Jun 23, 2020
Gandollaar:
OP nice one.

Permit me to share it together with other suggestions from responders in my kids school WhatsApp group.
Permitted.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: "Reopen Schools Using These Protocols " by Gandollaar(f): 7:13am On Jun 23, 2020
Odoctor:

Permitted.
Thanks correct guy. Thinking Nigerian!
Re: Opinion: "Reopen Schools Using These Protocols " by coputa(m): 7:32am On Jun 23, 2020
Moderators,take to front page so that the relevant authorities can read and implement.there,s no problem without solution.
Re: Opinion: "Reopen Schools Using These Protocols " by Nobody: 10:32am On Jun 23, 2020
Dakad:
Kudos OP. We can add body disinfectant machines to be use on every students and staff
In this aimless country?
Re: Opinion: "Reopen Schools Using These Protocols " by FlordFlorez(m): 10:34am On Jun 23, 2020
FG are not on NL. Go and post this on twitter and tag the necessary bodies & persons.
Re: Opinion: "Reopen Schools Using These Protocols " by olusma23(m): 10:39am On Jun 23, 2020
This protocol is achievable, but our Govt is irresponsible. The lockdown of school is purposely because of public institutions because many private institution will surely adhere to these protocols, but govt is not ready to provide all the needed things for public schools.

Meanwhile, many parents are supporting the useless govt lockdown of sch. and they (govt) are happy with it.

More than 70% of average Nigerians students are safe at home.
Re: Opinion: "Reopen Schools Using These Protocols " by supereagle(m): 10:45am On Jun 23, 2020
Cameroon has reopned schools.
Re: Opinion: "Reopen Schools Using These Protocols " by Perfecttouchade: 11:04am On Jun 23, 2020
SuperStriker:

Goat.
exactly o, why risking the lives of these children because of teachers who are even at risk of the virus..let a strict protocol be taken on the Lockdown , to be able to stop the spread first...an ex governor is in coma due to this virus ish and someone is suggesting we risk the lives of this kids..any adult who is out there knows how to keep theirselves safe but can the kids keep theirselves safe..we are talking about kindergarten,nursery and primary even some high school students won't follow guidelines appropriately..no sane parent will risk the lives of their children this time around. ..the virus is real and not even this cold raing period will schools be allowed to reopen
Re: Opinion: "Reopen Schools Using These Protocols " by Perfecttouchade: 11:05am On Jun 23, 2020
SuperStriker:

Goat.
exactly o, why risking the lives of these children because of teachers who are even at risk of the virus..let a strict protocol be taken on the Lockdown , to be able to stop the spread first...an ex governor is in coma due to this virus ish and someone is suggesting we risk the lives of this kids..any adult who is out there knows how to keep theirselves safe but can the kids keep theirselves safe..we are talking about kindergarten,nursery and primary even some high school students won't follow guidelines appropriately..no sane parent will risk the lives of their children this time around. ..the virus is real and not even this cold raing period will schools be allowed to reopen.

(1) (2) (Reply)

MURIC Urges Northern Lawyers To Boycott NBA Conference Over El-rufai’s Withdrawa / UNVEILED: The Identity Of Student Shot Dead During Invasion Of Niger School / Are The Old Midwest More Aligned To South East Or South West

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.