Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,236 members, 7,829,425 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:40 AM

Tupac Amaru Shakur 49th Posthumous Birthday Is Today - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Tupac Amaru Shakur 49th Posthumous Birthday Is Today (717 Views)

THROWBACK: The Enigma Call Tupac Amaru Shakur( 1971 - 1996 ) / Throwback Photo Of 2pac Amaru Shakur / Kate Henshaw Celebrates Her 49th Birthday Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tupac Amaru Shakur 49th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by bottlewater1(m): 3:55pm On Jun 16, 2020
Tupac Amaru Shakur; born Lesane Parish Crooks , June 16, 1971 – September 13, 1996), popularly known by his stage name 2Pac, was an American rapper and actor.
He is considered by many to be one of the most significant rappers of all time. Much of Shakur's work has been noted for addressing contemporary social issues that plagued inner cities, and he is considered a symbol of resistance and activism against inequality.

Shakur was born in the Manhattan borough of
New York City but relocated to the San Francisco Bay Area in 1988. He later moved to Los Angeles in 1993 to further pursue his music career. By the time he released his debut album 2Pacalypse Now in 1991, he had become a central figure in
West Coast hip hop, introducing social issues in the genre at a time when gangsta rap was dominant in the mainstream.

Shakur achieved further critical and commercial success with his follow-up albums Strictly 4 My N.I.G.G.A.Z... (1993) and the critically acclaimed
Me Against the World (1995), which has been considered as his magnum opus.
In later 1995, after being convicted of molestation and becoming a victim of a robbery and shooting , Shakur became heavily involved in the growing East Coast–West Coast hip hop rivalry . His double-disc album All Eyez on Me (1996) became certified Diamond by the
Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA).

On September 7, 1996, Shakur was
shot four times by an unknown assailant in a
drive-by shooting in Las Vegas; he died six days later and the gunman was never captured. The Notorious B.I.G. , Shakur's friend turned rival, was at first considered a suspect, but was also murdered in another drive-by shooting several months later. Five more albums have been released since his death, all of which have been certified Platinum.
Shakur is one of the best-selling music artists of all time having sold over 75 million records worldwide. In 2002, he was inducted into the Hip-Hop Hall of Fame.

In 2017, he was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in his first year of eligibility. Rolling Stone named Shakur in its list of the 100 Greatest Artists of All Time . Outside music, Shakur also gained considerable success as an actor, with his starring roles as Bishop in Juice (1992), Lucky in Poetic Justice (1993) where he starred alongside Janet Jackson , Ezekiel in Gridlock'd (1997), and Jake in Gang Related (1997), all garnering praise from critics.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tupac_Shakur

1 Share

Re: Tupac Amaru Shakur 49th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by AltCtrlDel: 3:59pm On Jun 16, 2020
Like for Tupac.

Share for Buhari

4 Likes

Re: Tupac Amaru Shakur 49th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Balaxx: 4:02pm On Jun 16, 2020
THUG LIFE

Re: Tupac Amaru Shakur 49th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Vyzz: 4:16pm On Jun 16, 2020
Let me use this opportunity to ask the question

Between Tupac and Biggie... Who is the Goat?

Like for Tupac, share for Biggie

5 Likes

Re: Tupac Amaru Shakur 49th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jun 16, 2020
Vyzz:
Let me use this opportunity to ask the question

Between Tupac and Biggie... Who is the Goat?

Like for Tupac, share for Biggie

Tupac anytime any day smiley

Respect!!

2 Likes

Re: Tupac Amaru Shakur 49th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by AltCtrlDel: 4:47pm On Jun 16, 2020
Zita55:

Tupac anytime any day smiley

Respect!!

What's the basis of your conclusion?
Re: Tupac Amaru Shakur 49th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Karemarealty288(m): 7:07pm On Jun 16, 2020
Pour out a little liquor !! .....A Dude!! my Home!!!

1 Like

Re: Tupac Amaru Shakur 49th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by babakb: 7:56pm On Jun 16, 2020
Gangster

(1) (Reply)

Victor Olaotan And Other Nollywood Actors Who Are Terribly Sick / Awww…watch TVC Morayo’s Husband Mark Her 40th Birthday With Love Song / A Man With 7000 Privates Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.