Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,769 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:00 PM

THROWBACK: The Enigma Call Tupac Amaru Shakur( 1971 - 1996 ) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / THROWBACK: The Enigma Call Tupac Amaru Shakur( 1971 - 1996 ) (31933 Views)

Throwback Photo Of 2pac Amaru Shakur / Tupac Amaru Shakur 49th Posthumous Birthday Is Today / CELEBS: Tupac Amaru Shakur's Sittings Since Alleged Death 22years Ago[photos] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

THROWBACK: The Enigma Call Tupac Amaru Shakur( 1971 - 1996 ) by Racoon(m): 1:16pm On Sep 22, 2023
https://youtube.com/shorts/2LVem61ufeU?si=sLNEgzYc2HQ94m06

Tupac Amaru Shakur (1971–1996), better known by his stage name 2Pac and later by his alias Makaveli, was an American rapper, poet, activist, songwriter, revolutionary and he is considered a symbol of struggle and activism against inequality.

He was a great reader, he loved to create parallels between the works of authors such as Plato, Niccolò Machiavelli and William Shakespeare with the dynamics of the boys of the black ghettos, re-proposing it’s artistic, philosophical, poetic and literary characteristics.

Chuck Philips, Pulitzer Prize-winning music journalist, said in 2002: “Shakur had helped elevate rap from a street fashion to a complex art form, setting the stage for today’s hip hop global phenomenon”. One of the most eloquent voices in modern music.” A ghetto poet whose tales of urban alienation have fascinated people of all ages, races and backgrounds. “

Justin Cohen for Hilltop (Washington’s Howard University newspaper) “Pac did more for for the lives of millions of black people than any president before or after his existence and his most significant impact comes from the stream of consciousness provided by his music.”

“Tupac upset the established order: he had a great political, social and cultural impact. In addition to becoming an essential, indisputable, poetic and unique artist, he has risen to the pedestal of myths, revolutionaries and civil rights fighters. He was the Shakespearean Malcolm x of his generation who has prepared us for the world that awaited us in this century. “Bárbara Pistoia, Argentine academic scholar at the University of Buenos Aires.

Calling him an “organic intellectual,” Harvard academic scholar Mark Anthony Neal assessed his death as leaving a “leadership vacuum among hip-hop artists,” as this “walking contradiction” helps, he explained. Neal, “making being an intellectual accessible to ordinary people.” The papers presented cover his ranging influence from entertainment to sociology.” According to Neal: "Tupac's bookstore was really the bookstore of a young man who, at his age, was extraordinarily well-read and well-rounded intellectual."

As the academic scholar Vildana Muratovic of the University of Sarajevo described, the rapper has become a symbol of rebellion in Serbia, Croatia and Bosnia and Herzegovina, and in other countries of eastern europe as well.

As Norwegian University of Oslo professor and academic Knut Aukrust puts it: “Tupac Amaru Shakur (1971-1996) is one of the most famous representatives of hip-hop culture. He has become an icon with saint status far beyond fans. References to him and his message appear all over the world, from Barack Obama’s “change” slogan, to Palestinians and Israelis longing for peace in the Middle East, to the people of Groruddalen (Norway) who want their experiences to be taken on board serious. The course highlights how a single person can fit into a wider network of cultural models and how a local storytelling tradition has become an international cultural phenomenon. “

Tupac still remains influential today because he defied every possible stereotype. He broke into American music when the young black man was demonized, Tupac appeared as an unexpected hero. The peculiarity of Tupac is that he was an exceptional poet – and his lyrics contained emotional depth, his single Dear Mama was one of the first rap songs kept in the Library of Congress. He managed to become an unclassifiable artist, who could not be pigeonholed either as a tough or as a delicate artist. Framed by a romantic tradition, thanks to his activism and musical talent, Tupac has been able to transform civil rights struggles into popular music. ”Nicolás Prados Ortiz de Solórzano, Spanish academic scholar.

There have been rap exhibitions with him among the protagonists at museums in Finland and Japan. Commemorations were held in his honor in Azerbaijan, Iran, Kazakhstan, Bangladesh and a musical was dedicated to him in 2020 in South Korea.

As Prestholdt (Oxford academic specializing in African history, Indian Ocean and global history with a focus on culture and politics): “Tupac Shakur became a widely used symbol during the civil war in Sierra Leone. He was also a symbol in some places like the Democratic Republic of the Congo, the Ivory Coast and Libya. Became a lodestar for Multiple Rebel Factions, Revolutionary United Front Used Tupac T-Shirts as Uniforms. There was a “sense of disillusionment” after the Cold War, a loss of meaning, which Shakur was able to grasp. His message about systemic oppression and poverty attracted many, even those whose experiences were very different from his own. He has become a symbol of possibility from South Africa to the South Pacific. Shakur has offered poignant criticisms of contemporary inequalities. The militant factions of many civil wars of the world have embraced Shakur as an inspirational figure and incorporated his music into their daily reality. “

Steven Gilbers, academic linguistics scholar at the University of Groningen in the Netherlands: “2pac changed his accent by moving to the West coast. He had a melodic and rhythmic flow with an incredible delivery.”

“Tupac Shakur was one of the most iconic figures of the 1900s. For this reason 2Pac still enjoys great recognition globally. His music, his activism and his cultural influence are still relevant today all over the world. “Nelson Rodriguez Vega, Chilean academic scholar at the Pontifical Catholic University of Chile.

“Tupac, like Martin Luther King and Malcolm x, was martyred, his music and activism had that impact. ”Michael Eric Dyson, Georgetown University professor and academic.

in 2005 all of his personal data was entered in the national archives and in the American constitution for his influence in music, activism, and in other areas of culture, as well as having other honors. He was one of the most influential artists, men, poets, intellectuals, activists and revolutionaries of the 1900s.
#rebels #legend #Tiffany #VictoryMonday #WCW #BobMarley #OnThisDay #onelovecelebrity
https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0NL2Y5LjGmpvHCiZvuWRSQQehYL6xbzfb6f3177qrBMwiPZWN7t1nAZQgiCS3N6tRl&id=100084386193684&post_id=100084386193684_pfbid0NL2Y5LjGmpvHCiZvuWRSQQehYL6xbzfb6f3177qrBMwiPZWN7t1nAZQgiCS3N6tRl&mibextid=Nif5oz

Tupac Amaru Shakur (/ˈtuːpɑːk ʃəˈkʊər/ TOO-pahk shə-KOOR; born Lesane Parish Crooks; June 16, 1971 – September 13, 1996), also known by his stage names 2Pac and Makaveli, was an American rapper. He is widely considered one of the most influential and successful rappers of all time.

Shakur is among the best-selling music artists, having sold more than 75 million records worldwide. Much of Shakur's music has been noted for addressing contemporary social issues that plagued inner cities, and he is considered a symbol of activism against inequality

Shakur was born in New York City to parents who were both political activists and Black Panther Party members. Raised by his mother, Afeni Shakur, he relocated to Baltimore in 1984 and to the San Francisco Bay Area in 1988. With the release of his debut album 2Pacalypse Now in 1991, he became a central figure in West Coast hip hop for his conscious rap lyrics. Shakur achieved further critical and commercial success with his follow-up albums Strictly 4 My N.I.G.G.A.Z... (1993) and Me Against the World (1995).

His Diamond certified album All Eyez on Me (1996), the first double-length album in hip-hop history, abandoned his introspective lyrics for volatile gangsta rap. In addition to his music career, Shakur also found considerable success as an actor, with his starring roles in Juice (1992), Poetic Justice (1993), Above the Rim( 1994 ), Bullet(1996), Gridlock'd (1997), and Gang Related (1997).

During the later part of his career, Shakur was shot five times in the lobby of a New York recording studio and experienced legal troubles, including incarceration.

In 1995, Shakur served eight months in prison on sexual abuse charges, but was released pending an appeal of his conviction. Following his release, he signed to Marion "Suge" Knight's label Death Row Records and became heavily involved in the growing East Coast–West Coast hip hop rivalry.

On September 7, 1996, Shakur was shot four times by an unidentified assailant in a drive-by shooting in Las Vegas; he died six days later. Following his murder, Shakur's friend-turned-rival, the Notorious B.I.G., was at first considered a suspect due to their public feud; he was also murdered in another drive-by shooting six months later in March 1997, while visiting Los Angeles.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tupac_Shakur

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: THROWBACK: The Enigma Call Tupac Amaru Shakur( 1971 - 1996 ) by TemplarLandry: 1:20pm On Sep 22, 2023
A niggah from the Eastside who chose to ride for the Westside.

I diss him with “Who Shot Ya?” by the legendary Notorious B.I.G.
Great jam!

43 Likes 5 Shares

Re: THROWBACK: The Enigma Call Tupac Amaru Shakur( 1971 - 1996 ) by Racoon(m): 1:22pm On Sep 22, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gH0PoLKA2w?si=SG_qlo7r9KkhoWWA

My favourite track of Tupac from the Album -"Better Days."

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: THROWBACK: The Enigma Call Tupac Amaru Shakur( 1971 - 1996 ) by react12: 1:22pm On Sep 22, 2023
React is a popular web applications because it is:

Declarative: React uses a declarative programming style, which makes it easier to write and maintain code.
Efficient: React uses a virtual DOM, which makes it very fast to update user interfaces.
Flexible: React can be used to build a wide variety of web applications, from simple websites to complex single-page applications (SPAs).
Benefits of React training in Hyderabad

There are many benefits to taking React training in Hyderabad, including:

High demand for React developers: Hyderabad is a major IT hub, and there is a high demand for React developers from companies of all sizes.
Availability of experienced trainers: There are many experienced React trainers in Hyderabad who can teach you the skills you need to become a successful React developer.
Affordability: React training in Hyderabad is generally very affordable, especially compared to other major cities in India.
Where to find React training in Hyderabad

There are many different places to find React training in Hyderabad. You can take a course at a local training institute, enroll in an online course, or learn from a self-paced tutorial.

Here are some of the best places to find React training in Hyderabad:

React Geeks: React Geeks is a React training institute in Hyderabad that offers both online and offline courses. They have a team of experienced trainers who can teach you the skills you need to become a successful React developer.
ELearn Infotech: ELearn Infotech is another React training institute in Hyderabad that offers both online and offline courses. They have a wide range of courses available, including beginner, intermediate, and advanced React courses.
Future Q Technologies: Future Q Technologies is a training institute in Hyderabad that offers a variety of IT courses, including React. They have a team of experienced trainers who can teach you the skills you need to become a successful React developer.
How to choose the right React training course for you

When choosing a React training course, there are a few things you should keep in mind:

Your level of experience: If you are a beginner, you should choose a course that covers the basics of React. If you have some experience with React, you can choose a more advanced course.
Your budget: React training courses can range in price from a few thousand rupees to tens of thousands of rupees. Choose a course which good for your budget.
The trainer's experience: Make sure the trainer who will be teaching the course has experience in both React and teaching.
What to expect from a React training course
<a herf="https://reactgeeks.in/">React training in Hyderabad</a>

4 Likes

Re: THROWBACK: The Enigma Call Tupac Amaru Shakur( 1971 - 1996 ) by wittywriter: 1:35pm On Sep 22, 2023
CALIFORNIA DREAMS, HIT THEM UP & DEAR MAMA CROONER!

@Racoon in same manner let's have a similar for Notorious BIG...for comments.
TemplarLandry:

Great jam!
You diss him?

Wittyness

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: THROWBACK: The Enigma Call Tupac Amaru Shakur( 1971 - 1996 ) by Soulsymbol99: 1:37pm On Sep 22, 2023
Racoon:

Bro na HAIL MARY cool

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: THROWBACK: The Enigma Call Tupac Amaru Shakur( 1971 - 1996 ) by Dshocker(m): 3:52pm On Sep 22, 2023
Greatest rapper of all time...

64 Likes 4 Shares

Re: THROWBACK: The Enigma Call Tupac Amaru Shakur( 1971 - 1996 ) by Roboto11: 3:52pm On Sep 22, 2023
Remember Kato.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: THROWBACK: The Enigma Call Tupac Amaru Shakur( 1971 - 1996 ) by TheFacelessMan: 3:53pm On Sep 22, 2023
Notorious B.I.G. was my guy. cool

1. Somebody's gotta to die 2. Niggaz Bleed ...in fact the entire "Life After Death" album were stories that inspired my writing. Check those 2.

For 2pac

1. Ain't hard to find 2. Only God can judge 3. Picture me rolling.... the entire "All Eyez on Me" album.

Tupac ignited a foolish beef that got 2 lyrical geniuses killed.

Modified - 2pac got killed because he messed with a Crip. Biggie died because of the East-West Coast beef.

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: THROWBACK: The Enigma Call Tupac Amaru Shakur( 1971 - 1996 ) by Dididrumz(m): 3:54pm On Sep 22, 2023
I was seriously thinking about Tupac, just yesterday.

And the entire feud between the West coast and East Coast rappers.

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: THROWBACK: The Enigma Call Tupac Amaru Shakur( 1971 - 1996 ) by Chibuzoripob: 3:54pm On Sep 22, 2023
cool my man.Those years we too dey tie scarf like our idol grin wink.of Boys11 men,MC Hammer etc.Not the Mumu we have here shouting wahala,wahala,bo pata e,mama e,olori buruku etc lyrics/tunes they cal music.RIP TUPAC cool wink embarassed cry

56 Likes 5 Shares

Re: THROWBACK: The Enigma Call Tupac Amaru Shakur( 1971 - 1996 ) by Wealthoptulent(m): 3:54pm On Sep 22, 2023
Same year is when Imole Mohbad was born!
Sharing June as birth month with Tupac, now died at same month. Death is rocking 9ja Atm, we feeling the HEAT

CJStarz:

Strange, right?
Year
Mohbad 16th June, 8days after Tupac's birthday 8th June. 16 ÷ 2 = 8
Died 12th September, while Tupac died 13th. 13 - 12 = 1
... & both Age twenties . kiss 🤔

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: THROWBACK: The Enigma Call Tupac Amaru Shakur( 1971 - 1996 ) by GODPUNISHALABI: 3:54pm On Sep 22, 2023
He rapped about killing niggas with their mouth open... . 2 months later he was killed with his mouth open

7 Likes

Re: THROWBACK: The Enigma Call Tupac Amaru Shakur( 1971 - 1996 ) by ShenTeh(m): 3:55pm On Sep 22, 2023
I was never his fan but what baffles me is the high def pictures of him we always see considering the standard of pictures at the time.

One of his favourite quotes is

"Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside while still alive. Never surrender." - Tupac Shakur

Let the conspiracy theories begin!

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: THROWBACK: The Enigma Call Tupac Amaru Shakur( 1971 - 1996 ) by Urheadmaster(m): 3:55pm On Sep 22, 2023
2 PAC lives on cool

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: THROWBACK: The Enigma Call Tupac Amaru Shakur( 1971 - 1996 ) by Kobojunkie: 3:55pm On Sep 22, 2023
Enigma my arse! He died a fools death. undecided

7 Likes 6 Shares

Re: THROWBACK: The Enigma Call Tupac Amaru Shakur( 1971 - 1996 ) by GeneralPula: 3:56pm On Sep 22, 2023
2pac Amaru tha king. He said;

Why are we fighting to live when we’re just living to die?

Man is super intelligent. A true revolutionary that was killed by the USA government..

He lives on forever..

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: THROWBACK: The Enigma Call Tupac Amaru Shakur( 1971 - 1996 ) by Maobichek: 3:56pm On Sep 22, 2023
Racoon:

California Love.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: THROWBACK: The Enigma Call Tupac Amaru Shakur( 1971 - 1996 ) by thaoriginator: 3:56pm On Sep 22, 2023
shocked

TemplarLandry:

Great jam!
Get the f u ck outta here!! What do you know about riding?

Oh, you down with bad boys nigga? F u c k you too!!!

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: THROWBACK: The Enigma Call Tupac Amaru Shakur( 1971 - 1996 ) by NFBI: 3:56pm On Sep 22, 2023
Still no change

I still wonder how a 24 year old look more like a 30 something

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: THROWBACK: The Enigma Call Tupac Amaru Shakur( 1971 - 1996 ) by tunjijones(m): 3:56pm On Sep 22, 2023
Re: THROWBACK: The Enigma Call Tupac Amaru Shakur( 1971 - 1996 ) by inoki247: 3:57pm On Sep 22, 2023
Ok
Re: THROWBACK: The Enigma Call Tupac Amaru Shakur( 1971 - 1996 ) by drimzsmoke(m): 3:57pm On Sep 22, 2023
Dear mama

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: THROWBACK: The Enigma Call Tupac Amaru Shakur( 1971 - 1996 ) by Franzinni: 3:57pm On Sep 22, 2023
The greatest charlatan ... Tupac was a great fake who was never a street kid, grew up learning ballet and the creative arts and that was why he was so proficient with words but his foolish antics caused the deaths of thousands of idiots who embraced the gangster persona that the stupid boy (2pac) was fronting ... He was fugazi but because he associated with gangsters he felt he had to over compensate and it cost him his life at 25.
It would be better if he died alone but instead he pulled down thousands of followers who believed he was the real deal .... A similar case is that of king von. A serial killer who specializes in killing young black men and who was guned down like a rabid dog on the street but his wake is pulling down the youth of America in breakneck speed. I regret idolizing 2pac Shakur he was simply a misguided, hard headed creative crack baby.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: THROWBACK: The Enigma Call Tupac Amaru Shakur( 1971 - 1996 ) by CHIOMAEZEH: 3:57pm On Sep 22, 2023
Igwe
Re: THROWBACK: The Enigma Call Tupac Amaru Shakur( 1971 - 1996 ) by tesppidd: 3:58pm On Sep 22, 2023
grin
Re: THROWBACK: The Enigma Call Tupac Amaru Shakur( 1971 - 1996 ) by UncleKoboko: 3:58pm On Sep 22, 2023
cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Photos Of Charlie Boy At Calabar Carnival / BBNaija: Throwback Photo Of Teddy-A And Basketmouth In US / #NigeriaVsArgentina: Piers Morgan Blasts Nigeria In Pidgin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.