Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,853 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:18 PM

Lagos Government Suspends Re-Opening Of Churches And Mosques - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lagos Government Suspends Re-Opening Of Churches And Mosques (37065 Views)

Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC / Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches / Churches And Mosques To Pay Tax In Lagos; Land Use Charge To Be Reviewed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Government Suspends Re-Opening Of Churches And Mosques by SirWarlock: 11:25pm On Jun 16, 2020
ikorodureporta:

Una with school sef...you no imagine how hostel go be??
we just want to go and flex again cheesy wink
Re: Lagos Government Suspends Re-Opening Of Churches And Mosques by AWFCNAIJA: 11:26pm On Jun 16, 2020
Righteousness89:
Your Excellency, you have been badly advised on this...

You may have just opened Lagos state to More Casulties and Calamities!

This is a Slap on GOD ALMIGHTY..

I plead with you to rescind this decision Immediately...

This Admonishment is to the Presidency, the governors, the presidential task force , the Ncdc members and all involved in taking decisions in this time ..

The Earth is the LORD and the Fulness, the World and they that dwell therein. Psalm 24:1

GOD ALMIGHTY is the Creator of the World, the Nations, the humans and everything. HIS breath is what powers every living thing on Earth.

HE is GOD ALMIGHTY!
The MAKER and The KILLER
HE bringeth down to the Grave and he bringeth up
HE maketh poor and maketh Rich
HE bringeth low and lifteth up
HE does not share HIS Glory with anyone .
HE does not allow man, diseases or whatsoever to share HIS Glory.

The Life of all beings are in HIS hands.

My Admonishment to the above mentioned people and offices is that in all the Measures and decisions that you make , Remove your Hands from the church of GOD. Don't directly or indirectly Stand in the way of the Church. It is not healthy for you as an individual and for the Nation as a country.

No one has stood against GOD and had a good end.
Pharaoh, Haman, Herod, Nebuchadnezzar and others are examples of people who tried to play god and they were used as raw materials..

GOD is not Happy with the way The Church has been handled!

GOD ALMIGHTY is not Happy with the way the church has been handled!

Any measures being taken should not affect the Church in any way , form or size.

Corona virus or whatever cannot decide how GOD ALMIGHTY should be Served. It is an act of Despising and looking down on GOD. It is an act of foolishness.

My Admonishment is that every form of Measures of Whatever on the Church be taken off immediately..

They that have Ears to Hear, Let them Hear!

You are a mumu man!
Re: Lagos Government Suspends Re-Opening Of Churches And Mosques by Foxie: 11:26pm On Jun 16, 2020
LaEvilIMiss:

GOD Almighty has either placed this disease on the world or.... he has caught COVID19 himself and is in an isolation center
For this you have said, may GOD ALMIGHTY visit you in a manner you have never experienced before. Amen!
Re: Lagos Government Suspends Re-Opening Of Churches And Mosques by Nobody: 11:43pm On Jun 16, 2020
AuroraB:
Don't mind them. The government no value them citizens. Citizens come dey take their lives dey play

Nigerians too dey see everything like joke. At least the lockdown go save plenty lives.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government Suspends Re-Opening Of Churches And Mosques by Nobody: 11:46pm On Jun 16, 2020
kzubyar:
when? My guy cov19 is here to stayed..na just measures needs to be with

The measures no dey work bro. People too stubborn and death toll don dey increase carelessly.
Re: Lagos Government Suspends Re-Opening Of Churches And Mosques by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jun 16, 2020
joefelin2345:
Y do we always leave leprosy n be treating ringworm for God's sake? You open markets n some buses are now filling to full capacities yet churches n mosques are your problem. Good luck to you IJMN

If you were careful enough to notice, I also called for a total lockdown. Besides religious centers largely contribute in the spread of the virus, as little or no preventive measures are applied.
Re: Lagos Government Suspends Re-Opening Of Churches And Mosques by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jun 16, 2020
Christian07:

How is this smart Nd decisive to you

It would save us a lot of RIPs, hope you get it now.
Re: Lagos Government Suspends Re-Opening Of Churches And Mosques by Nobody: 11:50pm On Jun 16, 2020
obinoral1179:
its seems you have food to give people?

That should be the problem of the people and the government they voted in.
Re: Lagos Government Suspends Re-Opening Of Churches And Mosques by Nobody: 11:51pm On Jun 16, 2020
cbngov01:

Ur moniker says it all...

You are quite confused, hope I don't get to tell you RIP soon.
Re: Lagos Government Suspends Re-Opening Of Churches And Mosques by God2man2again(m): 11:52pm On Jun 16, 2020
Righteousness89:
Your Excellency, you have been badly advised on this...

You may have just opened Lagos state to More Casulties and Calamities!

This is a Slap on GOD ALMIGHTY..

I plead with you to rescind this decision Immediately...

This Admonishment is to the Presidency, the governors, the presidential task force , the Ncdc members and all involved in taking decisions in this time ..

The Earth is the LORD and the Fulness, the World and they that dwell therein. Psalm 24:1

GOD ALMIGHTY is the Creator of the World, the Nations, the humans and everything. HIS breath is what powers every living thing on Earth.

HE is GOD ALMIGHTY!
The MAKER and The KILLER
HE bringeth down to the Grave and he bringeth up
HE maketh poor and maketh Rich
HE bringeth low and lifteth up
HE does not share HIS Glory with anyone .
HE does not allow man, diseases or whatsoever to share HIS Glory.

The Life of all beings are in HIS hands.

My Admonishment to the above mentioned people and offices is that in all the Measures and decisions that you make , Remove your Hands from the church of GOD. Don't directly or indirectly Stand in the way of the Church. It is not healthy for you as an individual and for the Nation as a country.

No one has stood against GOD and had a good end.
Pharaoh, Haman, Herod, Nebuchadnezzar and others are examples of people who tried to play god and they were used as raw materials..

GOD is not Happy with the way The Church has been handled!

GOD ALMIGHTY is not Happy with the way the church has been handled!

Any measures being taken should not affect the Church in any way , form or size.

Corona virus or whatever cannot decide how GOD ALMIGHTY should be Served. It is an act of Despising and looking down on GOD. It is an act of foolishness.

My Admonishment is that every form of Measures of Whatever on the Church be taken off immediately..

They that have Ears to Hear, Let them Hear!

Besides, the airport is about to open on the 21 June or so, if you open the airport and you close the Church how do you want to stop the spread of the virus in Lagos?

Open the religious houses, allow us to cry to God together, perhaps, God will have mercy on us and destroy the virus.

Continuous staying at home has not helped but rather compounds the spread of the virus.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Government Suspends Re-Opening Of Churches And Mosques by Askme2020(m): 11:59pm On Jun 16, 2020
Jubilancy:
Sigh, and I have already ironed my church dress, and contacted brother James let's go and seat in our pew, I have missed him.

Lolz, mindset of some people....

Not my handwriting
lol
Re: Lagos Government Suspends Re-Opening Of Churches And Mosques by thinker101(m): 12:34am On Jun 17, 2020
wonder233:
The UK, Germany, The United States and indeed all over the world are opening up despite spikes in new cases.
The WHO has said covid has come to stay just like malaria and co. It is not a question of if you will get it, it is a question of when you get it. ..in fact, many people have already gotten and recovered from it without realizing. You see those two, three days you didn't have appetite and couldn't smell anything, that was covid. The vast majority of cases are mild with patients asymptomatic.
Initial lockdowns and restrictions were primarily because little was known of the virus in those early days and not necessarily to flatten any curve.
Now, we know the basic safety measures to take as well as common prophylactic and therapeutic solutions (even though those who want to cash out will do anything to deny anything can cure it).
So, let's open up and go back to normal life

Perfect summary

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government Suspends Re-Opening Of Churches And Mosques by janeedema(f): 3:25am On Jun 17, 2020
You breathe blasphemy in the name of wanting to write. Is it truly worth it?

LaEvilIMiss:

GOD Almighty has either placed this disease on the world or.... he has caught COVID19 himself and is in an isolation center
Re: Lagos Government Suspends Re-Opening Of Churches And Mosques by janeedema(f): 3:46am On Jun 17, 2020
I just can't understand the rationale behind the actions of the Nigerian government.

Most churches have already put measures in place to comply with their directives, and you truly think the churches are a threat?

This looks more like a segregated attack.

People queue up at ATM stands, markets, offices, buses, etc. With no respect for social distancing, and they don't have an issue with that.

Saw pixs from George Floyd's memorial service in the United states, and not an iota of social distancing was observed.

How come we are the ones carrying this thing on our head?

These churches have employees and there are some pastors in full time ministry. True, God always takes care of His own, but I don't see any objectivity in this move.

Besides, with all the so called increase in death rate and way people are contracting the disease, it's kinda strange that one hasn't come across someone that knows someone who knows someone that has died of corona virus.

If all deaths from corona virus is linked to underlying sicknesses, then they should allow people lead their normal lives, especially those who clearly know they have no underlying ailments.

If at least one person has been cured of this virus, why not make available to the public the prescription they used in curing the patient?

All these unnecessary hype these guys are giving this pandemic is what I can't get.

You guys should just allow normalcy to life.

quote author=Mixt post=90737746]

https://www.channelstv.com/2020/06/16/breaking-lagos-govt-stops-planned-reopening-of-worship-centers/
[/quote]
Re: Lagos Government Suspends Re-Opening Of Churches And Mosques by Peacemaker5128: 5:34am On Jun 17, 2020
Olarewaju89:

Write it in English so i can understand you
iyanmiri using Yoruba moniker to cause trouble
Olaretorewaju yio pada seyin ni
Re: Lagos Government Suspends Re-Opening Of Churches And Mosques by Nobody: 7:25am On Jun 17, 2020
merits:

What are they waiting for?scammers sets of people.

Random thought: Are we not all better off donating 10% of our earnings to science and technology, seeing as it is our default saviour in times of disease and scarcity?
Re: Lagos Government Suspends Re-Opening Of Churches And Mosques by kzubyar(m): 7:33am On Jun 17, 2020
LostAddict:

The measures no dey work bro. People too stubborn and death toll don dey increase carelessly.
nasoo but man must chop
Re: Lagos Government Suspends Re-Opening Of Churches And Mosques by Nobody: 8:39am On Jun 17, 2020
kzubyar:
nasoo but man must chop

That one follow too, bros.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government Suspends Re-Opening Of Churches And Mosques by Nobody: 12:14am On Jun 18, 2020
janeedema:
You breathe blasphemy in the name of wanting to write. Is it truly worth it?

if i had a mega-phone, it would read the same
Re: Lagos Government Suspends Re-Opening Of Churches And Mosques by Nobody: 12:14am On Jun 18, 2020
Foxie:
For this you have said, may GOD ALMIGHTY visit you in a manner you have never experienced before. Amen!

hahahahahhahahahahhahahah - he must have a sense of humor
Re: Lagos Government Suspends Re-Opening Of Churches And Mosques by Nobody: 12:15am On Jun 18, 2020
Emmacolinho:

How dare you mock my God? There are certain things that you should never utter or imagine! Be warned.

my God is definitely older so respect her
Re: Lagos Government Suspends Re-Opening Of Churches And Mosques by Greatzeus(m): 8:46pm On Jun 18, 2020
Faithful4real:

70%
nobody is perfect.
You shouldn't have answered that busy body. Also it's wrong to rate your spiritual life your self by grading yourself. I'm sure you don't intend it but it implies playing God and pride. Only can do that and only him should.
Re: Lagos Government Suspends Re-Opening Of Churches And Mosques by Faithful4real(m): 9:12pm On Jun 18, 2020
Greatzeus:

You shouldn't have answered that busy body. Also it's wrong to rate your spiritual life your self by grading yourself. I'm sure you don't intend it but it implies playing God and pride. Only can do that and only him should.

Thanks for the advice.
Re: Lagos Government Suspends Re-Opening Of Churches And Mosques by Emmacolinho(m): 10:29pm On Jun 18, 2020
LaEvilIMiss:

my God is definitely older so respect her
Lions don't argue with minors! They dominate. If you know, you know
Re: Lagos Government Suspends Re-Opening Of Churches And Mosques by pyrex23(m): 10:37pm On Jun 19, 2020
chii8:
Is coronavirus only active in church and not on market areas and public transport?

Is anyone dying by not going to church?
Use your head na.
Re: Lagos Government Suspends Re-Opening Of Churches And Mosques by Samadhii(m): 8:03pm On Jun 29, 2020
Textra:

Get loan without collateral

Try out Carbon! With my link, you now have access to instant loans, high-interest savings, FREE bank transfers and more. Get started: https://share.getcarbon.co/33PE
Hello, how much is the interest rate in carbon and how long is the loan for
Re: Lagos Government Suspends Re-Opening Of Churches And Mosques by Textra(m): 11:47am On Jun 30, 2020
Samadhii:

Hello, how much is the interest rate in carbon and how long is the loan for

The interest is very low 14% or so... I am not too sure, minimum of 15days
Re: Lagos Government Suspends Re-Opening Of Churches And Mosques by Samadhii(m): 1:39pm On Jun 30, 2020
Textra:

The interest is very low 14% or so... I am not too sure, minimum of 15days
as a newbie, what is the maximum amount I can apply for?
Re: Lagos Government Suspends Re-Opening Of Churches And Mosques by Textra(m): 1:48pm On Jun 30, 2020
Samadhii:

as a newbie, what is the maximum amount I can apply for?

It depends on information you enter.
Just download and use the link. Confirm but minimum maybe 2000
Re: Lagos Government Suspends Re-Opening Of Churches And Mosques by Samadhii(m): 3:29pm On Jun 30, 2020
Textra:

It depends on information you enter. Just download and use the link. Confirm but minimum maybe 2000
Thank you Sir
Re: Lagos Government Suspends Re-Opening Of Churches And Mosques by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jul 18, 2020
Cursed, wretched man.

Bmc zoogeria zombie... cheesy cheesy

Supermugu:
... I dey wait for that early grave grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Female Pastor: Eating Draw Soup Makes You Accessible For Kingdom Of Darkness / Why Village People Kill A Lot Of Africans By Reno Omokri / Meet Jane Watiri: Kenyan Prostitute Turned Pastor & Motivational Speaker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.