Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,366 members, 7,819,317 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

Seyitan Babatayo Rape Accusation: D’banj Reacts, Demands N100m Compensation - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Seyitan Babatayo Rape Accusation: D’banj Reacts, Demands N100m Compensation (42679 Views)

#JusticeForIzu: Izu Madubueze Commits Suicide After False Rape Accusation / Mike Ozekhome Sues Seyitan For N1.5B For Accusing D'banj Of Rape / Rape Accusation: Aisha Defends Peruzzi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seyitan Babatayo Rape Accusation: D’banj Reacts, Demands N100m Compensation by liberalchick(f): 12:57pm On Jun 18, 2020
bukatyne:

Hahahahahahahaha

I laugh in Japanese.

It is OK for a lady to use want she has (her voice) to accuse Dbanj of raping her and ruin his reputation (if false) .

However, it is not OK for Dbanj to use what he has (his Legal clout) to respond or counter her.

Hahahahahahaha

I honestly find this very very very funny.

If the lady is sure Dbanj raped her, let her proceed with her facts to the courts.

I am sure many human right activitists would be willing to take up the case if there is a case.

It’s a bully move because this isn’t a real attempt at clearing his name. It’s bullying if he’s more interested in shutting the victim up than actually clearing his name.

If he’s really serious about declaring his innocence and punishing the girl for lying then he should go to COURT and get real damages. This is just posturing to manipulate public opinion.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seyitan Babatayo Rape Accusation: D’banj Reacts, Demands N100m Compensation by bukatyne(f): 1:03pm On Jun 18, 2020
liberalchick:

It’s a bully move because this isn’t a real attempt at clearing his name. It’s bullying if he’s more interested in shutting the victim up than actually clearing his name.

If he’s really serious about declaring his innocence and punishing the girl for lying then he should go to COURT and get real damages. This is just posturing to manipulate public opinion.

If the accuser was serious, she would made her case in court and not on the streets of social media.

You CANNOT dictate how any one would react to you.

She should have thought of all possible reactions before accusing Dbanj on SM.

2 Likes

Re: Seyitan Babatayo Rape Accusation: D’banj Reacts, Demands N100m Compensation by liberalchick(f): 1:25pm On Jun 18, 2020
bukatyne:

If the accuser was serious, she would made her case in court and not on the streets of social media.

You CANNOT dictate how any one would react to you.

She should have thought of all possible reactions before accusing Dbanj on SM.
That’s not how it works.

It’s the state that brings a criminal case to court not the victim.

She has made the allegations on social media, that’s her choice on how she wants the public to know Dbanj is an alleged rapist, it’s her social media. The onus is on Dbanj to clear his name (if he’s bothered) and he has two options, civil and criminal and he chose to do neither.

The onus is also on the Nigerian police to investigate and treat her accusations as a crime, and for the state to prosecute Dbanj if there’s evidence in the case.

Rape victims do a lot of things, some keep quiet, some want justice, some want revenge etc. This post is about Dbanj’s fake attempt at clearing his name.

P.S. she does NOT have to think about how Dbanj will react, she had a story to tell and she told it on her social media, I doubt she’s worried since his N100m demand is meaningless. If he’s that bothered about clearing his name, enough to compose a ‘heartfelt’ Instagram post why couldn’t he just seek recourse the right way, perhaps because a lawsuit will open him up for more scrutiny?

Only the guilty seek to shush their victims.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seyitan Babatayo Rape Accusation: D’banj Reacts, Demands N100m Compensation by bukatyne(f): 1:30pm On Jun 18, 2020
liberalchick:

That’s not how it works.

She has made the allegations on social media, that’s her choice on how she wants the public to know Dbanj is an alleged rapist, it’s her social media. The onus is on Dbanj to clear his name (if he’s bothered) and he has two options, civil and criminal and he chose to do neither.

The onus is also on the Nigerian police to investigate and treat her accusations as a crime, and for the state to prosecute Dbanj if there’s evidence in the case.

Rape victims do a lot of things, some keep quiet, some want justice, some want revenge etc. This post is about Dbanj’s fake attempt at clearing his name.

P.S. she does NOT have to think about how Dbanj will react, she had a story to tell and she told it on her social media, I doubt she’s worried since his N100m demand is meaningless. If he’s that bothered about clearing his name, enough to compose a ‘heartfelt’ Instagram post why couldn’t he just seek recourse the right way, perhaps because a lawsuit will open him up for more scrutiny?

You believe Dbanj is guilty?

Ok.

I operate a principle of innocent until proven guilty.

It is the girl's social media, it is Dbanj's lawyer.

Dbanj has decided to clear his name the way he deems best.

1 Like

Re: Seyitan Babatayo Rape Accusation: D’banj Reacts, Demands N100m Compensation by liberalchick(f): 1:34pm On Jun 18, 2020
bukatyne:

You believe Dbanj is guilty?

Ok.

I operate a principle of innocent until proven guilty.

It is the girl's social media, it is Dbanj's lawyer.

Dbanj has decided to clear his name the way he deems best.
I didn’t say he was guilty. Acting like a guilty person and being guilty are two different things.

I would have agreed with you if he had attempted to clear his name.

If you really operated on the bolded you would have been outraged at Dbanj’s antics. He’s not trying to prove he is innocent. He actually did the opposite he tried to manipulate the “innocent until proven guilty” ethos, that’s why I am outraged, why aren’t you?

14 Likes

Re: Seyitan Babatayo Rape Accusation: D’banj Reacts, Demands N100m Compensation by cococandy(f): 2:04pm On Jun 18, 2020
It’s obviously an intimidation ploy.

Although at first, I found it hard to believe that he would rape someone (not because he’s a good guy) but because I felt he wouldn’t be silly enough to ruin himself like that.

If I were him, I’ll make sure we go to court and my side will be heard clear as day. the girl must provide information of what happened and he will provide proof that she is lying. That’s how anyone will factually (not sentimentally) believe either of them.

So if she pays him 100 million, how does that prove or disprove the rape? It doesn’t. It only serves to intimidate her into withdrawal. Which doesn’t name him innocent or name the girl guilty.

Her case against him would actually be harder to prove than if he decides to go ahead make a real case against her. He can easily manufacture ‘eye witnesses’ that saw him in a different place at the time of the so called rape. Wondering why he’s taking the difficult path.

liberalchick:
Cococandy it’s an audio lawsuit, a well known ploy.

This is a letter from his lawyer to the alleged victim, threatening a lawsuit, he never went to court. He can demand a zillion dollars, it means nothing. This is a well known ploy to shut people up, the threat or a hint of a lawsuit. This doesn’t prove his innocence, it makes him look more guilty, this is also how Trump operates, will announce to ‘sue’ and inundate his victim with letters from his team of lawyers but nothing comes of it.

If he’s really innocent he and his lawyers should go to court and file a defamation suit then the COURT will serve the girl.

He knows he can get away with this because A. The default position of Nigerians in a rape case is denial B. Most people are ignorant.

For those talking of prison sentences, there’s a difference between civil and criminal case.

1 Like

Re: Seyitan Babatayo Rape Accusation: D’banj Reacts, Demands N100m Compensation by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jun 18, 2020
Femeto:
Since it is now a court case let's see who wins. Na San Dbanj go collect. He knows he is guilty.
next person, i think this one is not making sense at all. how did u know he is guilty?
Re: Seyitan Babatayo Rape Accusation: D’banj Reacts, Demands N100m Compensation by bukatyne(f): 3:06pm On Jun 18, 2020
liberalchick:

I didn’t say he was guilty. Acting like a guilty person and being guilty are two different things.

I would have agreed with you if he had attempted to clear his name.

If you really operated on the bolded you would have been outraged at Dbanj’s antics. He’s not trying to prove he is innocent. He actually did the opposite he tried to manipulate the “innocent until proven guilty” ethos, that’s why I am outraged, why aren’t you?

Why am I not outraged that Dbanj chose to go the route he likes (and not against the law) in reaction to the allegation of rape by a lady on social media?

Why am I not outraged?

Ma, you are very funny and I am serious about that.

I am sorry I don't victimhood or infantalism.

Before I take ANY action, I anticipate the reaction and decide if I am good to go.

If the lady accusing Dbanj really wanted justice, is SM the route to go?

Dbanj has done what he will, the Lady should take it up Legally and prove that she is saying the truth (Dbanj raped her).

Women can do what they like but men can't respond/react the way they like (once they are not stepping out of line).

I am not a Dbanj's fan, however, I 100% support this action of his.

If you can not stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

And don't hate the player, hate the game.

Dbanj *twale!*

1 Like

Re: Seyitan Babatayo Rape Accusation: D’banj Reacts, Demands N100m Compensation by bukatyne(f): 3:06pm On Jun 18, 2020
jeremiahjohn:
next person, i think this one is not making sense at all. how did u know he is guilty?

@bold:

He is a man, the accuser is female. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Seyitan Babatayo Rape Accusation: D’banj Reacts, Demands N100m Compensation by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jun 18, 2020
bukatyne:

@bold:
He is a man, the accuser is female. cheesy
whatever

1 Like

Re: Seyitan Babatayo Rape Accusation: D’banj Reacts, Demands N100m Compensation by liberalchick(f): 3:29pm On Jun 18, 2020
bukatyne:

Why am I not outraged that Dbanj chose to go the route he likes (and not against the law) in reaction to the allegation of rape by a lady on social media?

Why am I not outraged?
Lol at “Ma” I’m still in my early - mid 30s.

It’s one thing to respond and deny a rape accusation on social media and even go further and say he will exercise his civil right to go to court to clear his name but to obfuscate and a post a ‘legal’ document and tried to manipulate the public into thinking he filed a lawsuit or he can collect on a N100m ‘damages’ is straight up bullying to shut the victim and to sway public opinion about his innocence. If he and done the former I wouldn’t be on this thread, it’s his right.

You should be outraged because he’s trying to impede the due process of “innocence until proven guilty” if that’s what you believe.

13 Likes

Re: Seyitan Babatayo Rape Accusation: D’banj Reacts, Demands N100m Compensation by liberalchick(f): 3:36pm On Jun 18, 2020
cococandy:

Although at first, I found it hard to believe that he would rape someone (not because he’s a good guy) but because I felt he wouldn’t be silly enough to ruin himself like that.
You would think but people with power capitalize on the fact that, people are more likely to believe a star is innocent. We don’t want to sully the image we have built in our heads of our heroes. Also in a country where law and order is virtually non-existent, they have the money and access to destroy the alleged victims

Yea, they feel pretty invincible to do anything.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seyitan Babatayo Rape Accusation: D’banj Reacts, Demands N100m Compensation by Desperado78: 3:50pm On Jun 18, 2020
Pls let’s fill this to be on the safe side

COVID-19 Exposure Assessment Survey in 30 Seconds!

Click the link to take the survey please!

https://forms.gle/1he97xaBL6r9TPa59

*Thank you for participating. Please share with others.*
Re: Seyitan Babatayo Rape Accusation: D’banj Reacts, Demands N100m Compensation by cococandy(f): 3:52pm On Jun 18, 2020
liberalchick:

You would think but people with power capitalize on the fact that, people are more likely to believe a star is innocent. We don’t want to sully the image we have built in our heads of our heroes. Also in a country where law and order is virtually non-existent, they have the money and access to destroy the alleged victims

Yes that absolutely happens I realize.
Like those powerful men in Hollywood who ended up losing their careers when FACTS of their deeds same to light. They capitalized on their power to help them get away with it.

Yet something about Dbanj’s case even with his weird response is keeping me on the fence. Maybe a soft spot?

Doesn’t mean his 100 million demands has convinced me he didn’t do it. If anything it’s doing the opposite cheesy

1 Like

Re: Seyitan Babatayo Rape Accusation: D’banj Reacts, Demands N100m Compensation by cococandy(f): 5:23pm On Jun 18, 2020
liberalchick:

Meanwhile here’s the new update

Re: Seyitan Babatayo Rape Accusation: D’banj Reacts, Demands N100m Compensation by liberalchick(f): 5:54pm On Jun 18, 2020
cococandy:

Oh wow! Has she been released? Are these the actions of an innocent man? Only in Nigeria, where the police work for individuals.

5 Likes

Re: Seyitan Babatayo Rape Accusation: D’banj Reacts, Demands N100m Compensation by edoairways: 7:34pm On Jun 18, 2020
Triangles1:
I was once in this menace, a girl visited me willingness, after two months of sours relationship she threatened to blackmail me, I don't have options than to oblige to her demand.

We are humans that can't do without them they exploit us bcs the worlds pay attention to all their accusations.
If only you stood your ground, you wouldn't have fallen for her blackmail. Call and video (if need be) recording would have saved you

1 Like

Re: Seyitan Babatayo Rape Accusation: D’banj Reacts, Demands N100m Compensation by philip0906(m): 7:47pm On Jun 18, 2020
cococandy:

If I were him, I’ll make sure we go to court and my side will be heard clear as day. the girl must provide information of what happened and he will provide proof that she is lying. That’s how anyone will factually (not sentimentally) believe either of them.

So if she pays him 100 million, how does that prove or disprove the rape? It doesn’t. It only serves to intimidate her into withdrawal. Which doesn’t name him innocent or name the girl guilty.

Her case against him would actually be harder to prove than if he decides to go ahead make a real case against her. He can easily manufacture ‘eye witnesses’ that saw him in a different place at the time of the so called rape. Wondering why he’s taking the difficult path.

Coco, you're still making noise? You never see anything grin grin grin grin

Now the full weight of the law has been unleashed on your sister, you dey wail cheesy cheesy

Shebi you were saying "let him use police and go and arrest her". Una eye go clear. When he is done with your sister, she will find out that she only got support from Internet voltrons...Clown!! grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Seyitan Babatayo Rape Accusation: D’banj Reacts, Demands N100m Compensation by philip0906(m): 7:49pm On Jun 18, 2020
cococandy:

What is the update here? cheesy cheesy cheesy

The same useless and disjointed claims from your fellow sensationalists? Una eye go clear
Re: Seyitan Babatayo Rape Accusation: D’banj Reacts, Demands N100m Compensation by philip0906(m): 7:55pm On Jun 18, 2020
liberalchick:

Because it’s a bully move.
She used her "voice" and social media sensationalism to try and wreck and ruin a man...She drew first blood!

D'banj returns fire by trying to save his reputation using the full weight of the law, you're wailing?

Una eye go clear. Your support and wails, only ends on nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Seyitan Babatayo Rape Accusation: D’banj Reacts, Demands N100m Compensation by Triangles1(m): 8:15pm On Jun 18, 2020
[quote author=edoairways post=90817277]
If only you stood your ground, you wouldn't have fallen for her blackmail. Call and video (if need be) recording would have saved

You're right bro... but lack of experience then, it can't happen now
Re: Seyitan Babatayo Rape Accusation: D’banj Reacts, Demands N100m Compensation by Mexzie(m): 9:02pm On Jun 18, 2020
snoopz:
make otedola abi dangote just make false accusation(s) against me
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Seyitan Babatayo Rape Accusation: D’banj Reacts, Demands N100m Compensation by Eliasfyne: 9:40pm On Jun 18, 2020
Liberalchick.
Re: Seyitan Babatayo Rape Accusation: D’banj Reacts, Demands N100m Compensation by Mexzie(m): 9:45pm On Jun 18, 2020
liberalchick:

That’s not how it works.

Its a lie, any individual can bring their case to court, any individua can make court summons so far the case raised is a criminal case that needs ti be cleared. She is a BIG fool to accuse someone of an act she can not substantiate.
Do u know how devastating an accusation is? When u are raped, it is best u complain immediately or within the month the incident happened, because it can easily be substantiated when drilled out in court.
Libralchick, the moment anyone accuses u of any act, they automatically raise doubts about ur personality with everyone including those who know u. In fact, the longer the act u were accused of has been, the longer people will associate u with the act saying that, SO THAT IS HOW THIS GIRL HAS BEEN ALL THIS YEARS, PRETENDER, GOD DONE CATCH AM, EVERYDAY FOR THE THIEF, ONE DAY FOR THE LANDLORD, and things like this. So this is why D'Banj went heavy one her at once. This things damage ur reputation immediately, whether or not u r guilty of the accusation. Therefore, if a rape victim is not reporting the rape incident immediately or within 3 months of it happening when events leading up to the act could still be substantiated the accuser should seriously sue for damages against the accuser. They will learn to come forward the next day the act was done.

Infact, D'Banj should have sued her to the tune of the statutory rape penalty (death) since she is accusing him of a crime that is punishable by death.

I hope she is found guilty, just punish her wit penalty of the crime she accused him for.
Re: Seyitan Babatayo Rape Accusation: D’banj Reacts, Demands N100m Compensation by cuteeme: 12:09pm On Jun 20, 2020
Earlystar698:
Sue the bastard, those mf like to paint men black while they're the ones that are lousy
my own problem is, if its a poor never-do-well man that raped her, do you think she will brave up to call him out, knowing she is a 'big' girl?, most of these slay queens claim "made men" raped them.
Re: Seyitan Babatayo Rape Accusation: D’banj Reacts, Demands N100m Compensation by cuteeme: 12:16pm On Jun 20, 2020
Mexzie:

Its a lie, any individual can bring their case to court, any individua can make court summons so far the case raised is a criminal case that needs ti be cleared. She is a BIG fool to accuse someone of an act she can not substantiate.
Do u know how devastating an accusation is? When u are raped, it is best u complain immediately or within the month the incident happened, because it can easily be substantiated when drilled out in court.
Libralchick, the moment anyone accuses u of any act, they automatically raise doubts about ur personality with everyone including those who know u. In fact, the longer the act u were accused of has been, the longer people will associate u with the act saying that, SO THAT IS HOW THIS GIRL HAS BEEN ALL THIS YEARS, PRETENDER, GOD DONE CATCH AM, EVERYDAY FOR THE THIEF, ONE DAY FOR THE LANDLORD, and things like this. So this is why D'Banj went heavy one her at once. This things damage ur reputation immediately, whether or not u r guilty of the accusation. Therefore, if a rape victim is not reporting the rape incident immediately or within 3 months of it happening when events leading up to the act could still be substantiated the accuser should seriously sue for damages against the accuser. They will learn to come forward the next day the act was done.

Infact, D'Banj should have sued her to the tune of the statutory rape penalty (death) since she is accusing him of a crime that is punishable by death.

I hope she is found guilty, just punish her wit penalty of the crime she accused him for.
This is the best time to bring up the rape case. if she had reported then no one would take her serious... but now that there so many trending rape cases in the country, this is tge time to strike. bye.
Re: Seyitan Babatayo Rape Accusation: D’banj Reacts, Demands N100m Compensation by HRMK: 9:41am On Jul 08, 2020
NAME/BRAND?HE WASNT THINKING ABT THAT WHEN ON THE ACT!LET HIM TELL US IF HE HAD NO CANAL KNOWLEDGE OF THE LADY!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2 Sisters Burnt To Death In Benue After Elder Sister Locked Them To See Her Man / Pastor Benjamin Akinsanya Hires Assassins To Kill Janet Ogunshola / Soldier Slaps Man Protesting During A Live Press Briefing In PH, Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.