Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,419 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:56 PM

Who Manufactures The Best Car Engines? Answer - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Who Manufactures The Best Car Engines? Answer (1885 Views)

How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) / Innoson Manufactures Modern Vehicles For Army Warrant Officers (photos) / Things To Note Before Buying Tokunbo Car Engines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Manufactures The Best Car Engines? Answer by johnny2013(m): 11:24pm On Jun 16, 2020
I was beginning to get confused by what you hear from both so-called car gurus and those who just hear and say, about 'this car is bad, run away from that' etc.
I always tell people around me to carry out their own research before consulting other people since the internet is vast with results and facts.
No doubt that we have people who read wide and as well friends to Google and others .
To satisfy my curiosity, I had to type the above topic (who Manufactures the best car engines) since we consider reliability, gas mileage etc and my finding from numerous sites was Honda then Toyota followed by others but several other companies and forums rated Honda as best car engine manufacturer, giving credit to their I-VTEC technology which only them have up till date.

When I personally looked at it from Nigerian perspective, I found out that Honda cars of years 1989, 1992 and the likes are still everywhere running without noise and smoke.
It was a fact proven by Car Expert that 1 out of 344 had engine issues and 1 out of 177 of Toyota had engine issues.
Here are proofs. Check out;

https://www.thecarexpert.co.uk/most-reliable-engines/

Or YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YPktRWCMnM

Countless places you go to
Re: Who Manufactures The Best Car Engines? Answer by Godisgreatest1: 10:46am On Jun 17, 2020
If you want to start a fight, just say so. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Who Manufactures The Best Car Engines? Answer by diportivo: 1:11pm On Jun 17, 2020
johnny2013:
Honda as best car engine manufacturer, giving credit to their I-VTEC technology which only them have up till date.

2 Likes

Re: Who Manufactures The Best Car Engines? Answer by dadabashua1(m): 1:28pm On Jun 17, 2020
You are on point,except if your local kazeems knows better than the world....Honda is truly the best car engine manufacturers in the world..is that even a question?
Re: Who Manufactures The Best Car Engines? Answer by HeavenlyBang(m): 2:27pm On Jun 17, 2020
Imagine using Scotty Kilmer as evidence of anything. Man's a well-known idiot.

But yes, Honda makes the best mainstream engines. Best four-cylinder engines, especially.

When it comes to performance, though, Ferrari is absolutely number 1.

3 Likes

Re: Who Manufactures The Best Car Engines? Answer by NaijadrivaCars: 5:33pm On Jun 17, 2020
So na wetin Scotty talk you come post

Well,

Toyota/Lexus

Honda/Acura

Mercedes

Nissan/infiniti

Hyundai

others

tongue
Re: Who Manufactures The Best Car Engines? Answer by HeavenlyBang(m): 6:15pm On Jun 17, 2020
NaijadrivaCars:

Well,

Toyota/Lexus

Honda/Acura

Mercedes

Nissan/infiniti

Hyundai

others

tongue

Lol, Toyota has little to no engine pedigree bar the 2JZ, and even that was a pretty underwhelming engine in stock form.

Honda has the K20 and K24, best tuner import engines. Nissan has the VQ, RB, and VR38 engines. Not sure how you could possibly consider any of this and say Toyota leads the engine war.

Mercedes has the M104 for tuning and mods, the M112 is literally unkillable, the M113K was groundbreaking, and the M177 and M178 in the current AMGs will go down as some of the greatest engines of all time.

Let's not talk about GM's LS motors, Dodge's Hemi and Hellcat engines, and Ford's Coyote 5.0.

In the engine game, Toyota is a non-entity. Toyota only appears to make great engines because they use their engines forever. The 2GR debuted on the Avalon in 2005. The 2020 Camry and ES still use a 2GR. Even the 2GR-FSE has been on the IS350 and GS350 for over a decade. Never seen a company that abhors innovation so much.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Manufactures The Best Car Engines? Answer by nurey(m): 6:16pm On Jun 17, 2020
BUFU

Re: Who Manufactures The Best Car Engines? Answer by nurey(m): 6:21pm On Jun 17, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Lol, Toyota has little to no engine pedigree bar the 2JZ, and even that was a pretty underwhelming engine in stock form.

Honda has the K20 and K24, best tuner import engines. Nissan has the VQ, RB, and VR38 engines. Not sure how you could possibly consider any of this and say Toyota leads the engine war.

Mercedes has the M104 for tuning and mods, the M112 is literally unkillable, the M113K was groundbreaking, and the M177 and M178 in the current AMGs will go down as some of the greatest engines of all time.

Let's not talk about GM's LS motors, Dodge's Hemi and Hellcat engines, and Ford's Coyote 5.0.

In the engine game, Toyota is a non-entity.

Toyota has the 2GR, 1MZ, 3S-GTE
Re: Who Manufactures The Best Car Engines? Answer by HeavenlyBang(m): 6:25pm On Jun 17, 2020
nurey:

Toyota has the 2GR, 1MZ, 3S-GTE

I edited my post. And I'm not sure why you're listing the 1MZ like it's something special.

The 2GR is the engine of note, and that's only due to how long it's been in production. Solid engine, though. Decently smooth, but nothing special performance-wise. The VQ35DE was making more power before it was ever released.

3S-GTE? Only car of note that I can remember is the MR2. Hardly groundbreaking.

The LFA's V10 is excellent, though. But that's a one-off.
Re: Who Manufactures The Best Car Engines? Answer by nurey(m): 6:33pm On Jun 17, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

I edited my post. And I'm not sure why you're listing the 1MZ like it's something special.

The 2GR is the engine of note, and that's only due to how long it's been in production. Solid engine, though. Decently smooth, but nothing special performance-wise. The VQ35DE was making more power before it was ever released.

3S-GTE? Only car of note that I can remember is the MR2. Hardly groundbreaking.

The LFA's V10 is excellent, though. But that's a one-off.

The 1mz is special when swapped in a MR2 and also when turbo is added to boost it upto 242hp

3S-GTE Celica and supra

give credit to whom it's due

2 Likes

Re: Who Manufactures The Best Car Engines? Answer by HeavenlyBang(m): 6:43pm On Jun 17, 2020
nurey:

The 1mz is special when swapped in a MR2 and also when turbo is added to boost it upto 242hp

3S-GTE Celica and supra

give credit to whom it's due

But then you can just turbocharge a K20 and it'll give you 400 HP+ easy on stock internals. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Who Manufactures The Best Car Engines? Answer by nurey(m): 6:47pm On Jun 17, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

But then you can just turbocharge a K20 and it'll give you 400 HP+ easy on stock internals. cheesy

grin I said give credit to whom it's due, no need for competition I am just saying accept the Toyota engines as what they are "masterpiece"

1 Like

Re: Who Manufactures The Best Car Engines? Answer by HeavenlyBang(m): 6:49pm On Jun 17, 2020
nurey:

grin I said give credit to whom it's due, no need for competition I am just saying accept the Toyota engines as what they are "masterpiece"

Lmao. Fair enough.
Re: Who Manufactures The Best Car Engines? Answer by johnny2013(m): 8:43pm On Jun 17, 2020
Godisgreatest1:
If you want to start a fight, just say so. smiley
No sir. It's a fact
Re: Who Manufactures The Best Car Engines? Answer by johnny2013(m): 8:48pm On Jun 17, 2020
NaijadrivaCars:

Well,

Toyota/Lexus

Honda/Acura

Mercedes

Nissan/infiniti

Hyundai

others

tongue

Just Google it and you will be amazed by how much it's been flooded all over the internet.
Toyota is good but everywhere you go, it's been rated 2nd after Honda except in western Nigeria grin

7 Likes

Re: Who Manufactures The Best Car Engines? Answer by timifakay(m): 12:34am On Jun 18, 2020
[quote author=diportivo post=90767294][/quote]

Nah legaloo friend. No vex.
Re: Who Manufactures The Best Car Engines? Answer by Eldemmi(m): 8:23am On Jun 18, 2020
No doubt Honda make good engines bar the oil dilution problem in their late engine.

but where is the joy when they ruin the fun with sub par automatic transmission (2000 above).

engine and transmission go hand in hand.

To be honest I love Honda ,I have not seen anyone saying his/her Honda car have bad engine but when total reliability is what you seek ,you start to doubts.

2 Likes

Re: Who Manufactures The Best Car Engines? Answer by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:24am On Jun 18, 2020
Eldemmi:
No doubt Honda make good engines bar the oil dilution problem in their late engine.

but where is the joy when they ruin the fun with sub par automatic transmission.

engine and transmission go hand in hand.

To be honest I love Honda ,I have not seen anyone saying his/her Honda car have bad engine but when total reliability is what you seek for you start to doubts.
That was fixed in 2007.

4 Likes

Re: Who Manufactures The Best Car Engines? Answer by diportivo: 8:36am On Jun 18, 2020
timifakay:

Nah legaloo friend. No vex.

e come be like say na only me see that part grin grin

1 Like

Re: Who Manufactures The Best Car Engines? Answer by BamBamK: 4:27pm On Jun 19, 2020
Toyota/Lexus fan boys will soon be here. Just wait o
Re: Who Manufactures The Best Car Engines? Answer by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jun 20, 2020
Volkswagen, no competition
Re: Who Manufactures The Best Car Engines? Answer by SWORD419(m): 7:29pm On Jun 20, 2020
AMG

(1) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz C180 1996 Vs Peugeot 406 1997 / Magnaflow Catalytic Converter / 1999 Perfectly Okay Toyota Picnic (foreign Used)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.