Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,490 members, 7,823,146 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

Magnaflow Catalytic Converter - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Magnaflow Catalytic Converter (1886 Views)

Catalytic Converter And Fuel Consumption / Nissan Pathfinder 2005 Catalytic Converter Replacement / Car Tips: How To Troubleshoot Catalytic Converter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Magnaflow Catalytic Converter by WebMania: 7:55am On Jul 06, 2016
Brand new magnaflow catalytic converter.
Magnaflow 53005 Universal Catalytic Converter.

This has been moved to the auto section. Pls see details and respond there.

https://www.nairaland.com/3209552/magnaflow-catalytic-converter-quick-sale#47259921

Re: Magnaflow Catalytic Converter by mayor2013: 10:38am On Jul 06, 2016
What kind of catalytic converter is this? @ op take good look at the last pic and spot the opening where the catalyst is installed. By the time this is fixed in a car in no time the heat generated would make that catalyst degrade faster. Also this would make your check light illuminate. That opening is just a "NO" for me.
Re: Magnaflow Catalytic Converter by WebMania: 10:58am On Jul 06, 2016
mayor2013:
What kind of catalytic converter is this? @ op take good look at the last pic and spot the opening where the catalyst is installed. By the time this is fixed in a car in no time the heat generated would make that catalyst degrade faster. Also this would make your check light illuminate. That opening is just a "NO" for me.
Oga. On what basis are you making those assertions? This is original magnaflow catalytic converter which i bought and shipped myself. U have not seen the cat physically yet u're already making assertions. I only took that picture to show tbat the catalyst inside is intact. However it looks to you in the picture may be picture effect.
In any case, rather than cast aspersions on a good product, if u're not interested, simply move on instead of spoiling my thread. I will be moving this thread to the auto section to avoid being banned.
Re: Magnaflow Catalytic Converter by WebMania: 11:10am On Jul 06, 2016
mayor2013:
Can you see the inside better now.

Re: Magnaflow Catalytic Converter by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jul 06, 2016
Magnaflow catalytic converters are good, they're well-built, and work well. I have a pair of Magnaflow catalysts I'm going to install in my Audi A4 B5 Quattro V8, though I opted for stainless steel sport cat's - 200cpi each.
Re: Magnaflow Catalytic Converter by lonelydora: 4:23pm On Jul 06, 2016
Universal means it can be installed on any car? I can't see the opening where the sensor will.be installed. Op, how much is it?
Re: Magnaflow Catalytic Converter by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jul 06, 2016
lonelydora:
Universal means it can be installed on any car? I can't see the opening where the sensor will.be installed. Op, how much is it?

Mine have threaded bosses welded into the pipes, if these don't have them, you could always buy bosses that match your particular oxygen sensors.

These are universal units, and it's probably not practical for them to all have o2 bugs welded in, as the sizes will vary, according to the model of car they are being fitted to. Remember too, not all cars have o2 sensors on the cats, some have the o2 sensors in the exhaust manifold, down pipe etc.

These can be installed in any car, you'll just have to know what pipe diameter your car has - 2.0, 2.25, 2.5, 2.75 or 3.0". And get WebMania to supply you with the correct size.
Re: Magnaflow Catalytic Converter by lonelydora: 4:45pm On Jul 06, 2016
Siena:

Mine have threaded bosses welded into the pipes, if these don't have them, you could always buy bosses that match your particular oxygen sensors.

These are universal units, and it's probably not practical for them to all have o2 bugs welded in, as the sizes will vary, according to the model of car they are being fitted to. Remember too, not all cars have o2 sensors on the cats, some have the o2 sensors in the exhaust manifold, down pipe etc.

These can be installed in any car, you'll just have to know what pipe diameter your car has - 2.0, 2.25, 2.5, 2.75 or 3.0". And get WebMania to supply you with the correct size.

Okay, Thanks boss. I will contact him.
Re: Magnaflow Catalytic Converter by mayor2013: 7:10pm On Jul 06, 2016
WebMania:

Oga. On what basis are you making those assertions? This is original magnaflow catalytic converter which i bought and shipped myself. U have not seen the cat physically yet u're already making assertions. I only took that picture to show tbat the catalyst inside is intact. However it looks to you in the picture may be picture effect.
In any case, rather than cast aspersions on a good product, if u're not interested, simply move on instead of spoiling my thread. I will be moving this thread to the auto section to avoid being banned.

Calm down man. No need for agression. Some1 would knock come buying grin. Could be picture effects like you said. Sorry man am only talkn from an engineering point of view. Apologies grin
Re: Magnaflow Catalytic Converter by WebMania: 3:47pm On Jul 07, 2016
mayor2013:

Siena:
Magnaflow catalytic converters are good, they're well-built, and work well. I have a pair of Magnaflow catalysts I'm going to install in my Audi A4 B5 Quattro V8, though I opted for stainless steel sport cat's - 200cpi each.

@siena, thanks boss.
@mayor2013, no worries. I just felt the need to correct the impression.
Re: Magnaflow Catalytic Converter by IdaraCHODB(m): 4:25pm On Jul 07, 2016
mayor2013:

This is the type that cannot be tampered with without leaving tell-tale signs.
Re: Magnaflow Catalytic Converter by mayor2013: 4:31am On Jul 08, 2016
IdaraCHODB:

You think so? Come to ladipo Nigerian spare part local market and see these guys do what they are best at doing grin let your eyes feel the atmosphere there cheesy
Re: Magnaflow Catalytic Converter by WebMania: 7:49am On Jul 08, 2016
Siena:
@siena, thanks boss.
@mayor2013, no worries.
Re: Magnaflow Catalytic Converter by WebMania: 7:54am On Jul 08, 2016
IdaraCHODB:

mayor2013:

You think so? Come to ladipo Nigerian spare part local market and see these guys do what they are best at doing grin let your eyes feel the atmosphere there cheesy

Well, since it has to be a welded installation, to "tamper" with it or remove, you will have to "unweld" it from the car. Not very difficult for professionals. But also not as easy as unscrewing the bolts of a direct-fit cat.
Re: Magnaflow Catalytic Converter by corpersng: 6:43am On Aug 13, 2016
@OP Is it still available?

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians In Shock As Lagos Man Takes Delivery Of N472,000 Million Bugatti Veyro / Toyota Camry 2001(gold) @#600,000 / Fault On 2011 Ford Escape

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.