Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,892 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:52 AM

Is Receiving The Holy Spirit Different From Baptism Of The Holy Spirit? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Receiving The Holy Spirit Different From Baptism Of The Holy Spirit? (1353 Views)

The Baptism Of Jesus Is The Antitype Of Salvation For Sinners / Pastor Drowns While Conducting Baptism At Blood River Village In South Africa / Former Cultists, Prostitutes And Militants Undergo Water Baptism In Rivers. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Receiving The Holy Spirit Different From Baptism Of The Holy Spirit? by Dannyfan(m): 11:03am On Jun 17, 2020
My recent study of some God's General as accounted in Roberts Liardon books shows that the Christian's life of some Minister starts from seeing vision, healing etc before they were curious to speaks in tongue.
Which prompt my question: Is receiving the Holy Spirit different from baptism of the Holy Spirit?
Note: -I believe a Christian can't perform healing, deliverance without possessing the Spirit of God (Holy Spirit).
Re: Is Receiving The Holy Spirit Different From Baptism Of The Holy Spirit? by Dtruthspeaker: 12:09pm On Jun 17, 2020
Baptism refers to the Washing of Your Body and Soul, That is A Bath to wash all your dirts (Sins and Offences) Away.

The Pouring and Receiving of the Holy Spirit can be likened to the Rubbing of an Ointment (which you can not do to yourself), A Holy Ointment on Both Your Body and Soul, As well as the "Clothing" of Your Body and Soul.

In other words the Holy Spirit Only Comes After a Pure And Acceptable Baptism, which itself Also Only Comes After A Pure And Truthful Repentance and in that Order

Also, do not be Misled and Deceived, Speaking in Tongues, in Bible Always refered to Speaking in Languages (English, Igbo, Swahili etc).

By the Bible Definition, Tongues Always Means Languages, not the ble-bleble! as in Translyvania Cartoon or singing Bonethugs N Harmony songs! grin

Also why are you interested in performing healings? Is it your desire to play God? Remember, God Always Sees and Knows Your Thoughts, Even Before they become yours!

And if your thoughts are not Pure And True and Good, the Holy Spirit Will Never Come Neither would your Baptism be Pure nor your Repentance Acceptable!

They All Work Together as A Single Unit!

1 Like

Re: Is Receiving The Holy Spirit Different From Baptism Of The Holy Spirit? by Dannyfan(m): 2:07pm On Jun 17, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:
Baptism refers to the Washing of Your Body and Soul, That is A Bath to wash all your dirts (Sins and Offences) Away.

The Pouring and Receiving of the Holy Spirit can be likened to the Rubbing of an Ointment (which you can not do to yourself), A Holy Ointment on Both Your Body and Soul, As well as the "Clothing" of Your Body and Soul.

In other words the Holy Spirit Only Comes After a Pure And Acceptable Baptism, which itself Also Only Comes After A Pure And Truthful Repentance and in that Order

Also, do not be Misled and Deceived, Speaking in Tongues, in Bible Always refered to Speaking in Languages (English, Igbo, Swahili etc).

By the Bible Definition, Tongues Always Means Languages, not the ble-bleble! as in Translyvania Cartoon or singing Bonethugs N Harmony songs! grin

Also why are you interested in performing healings? Is it your desire to play God? Remember, God Always Sees and Knows Your Thoughts, Even Before they become yours!

And if your thoughts are not Pure And True and Good, the Holy Spirit Will Never Come Neither would your Baptism be Pure nor your Repentance Acceptable!

Thanks... But I don't seem to understand much the comment. Lemme reframe the question for you. What's the drive in speaking in tongue when you are already been used for healing, deliverance etc.
thanks as you reply
Re: Is Receiving The Holy Spirit Different From Baptism Of The Holy Spirit? by Kobojunkie: 2:17pm On Jun 17, 2020
Dannyfan:
My recent study of some God's General as accounted in Roberts Liardon books shows that the Christian's life of some Minister starts from seeing vision, healing etc before they were curious to speaks in tongue.
Which prompt my question: Is receiving the Holy Spirit different from baptism of the Holy Spirit?
Note: -I believe a Christian can't perform healing, deliverance without possessing the Spirit of God (Holy Spirit).
You read the book, you tell us what the author tells you to believe.

But according to the bible, once you are born again (born of the Spirit), the Spirit comes to live inside of you.
Any fancy term authors or persons attaches is their's to define.
Re: Is Receiving The Holy Spirit Different From Baptism Of The Holy Spirit? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:10pm On Jun 17, 2020
Dannyfan:
Thanks... But I don't seem to understand much the comment. Lemme reframe the question for you. What's the drive in speaking in tongue when you are already been used for healing, deliverance etc.
thanks as you reply

I really do not understand your question here, because, first your posted question about Receiving the Holy Spirit and Baptism of the Holy Spirit was strange (I've never heard that before) so I answered based on the fact that in the Bible, the Understanding of Baptism is different from the Knowledge and Power of the Holy Spirit, and they can not be mixed up as your post appears to do.

Secondly, could you disclose your True Interest because it appears to me that you are only interested in Acquiring The Lord's Power for healing and deliverance, As Simon the Sorcerer wished to purchase the power of the Holy Spirit?

Or is it about Speaking in Languages (Tongues)?

It would be easier to answer if you could speak precisely.
Re: Is Receiving The Holy Spirit Different From Baptism Of The Holy Spirit? by CodeTemplar: 4:04pm On Jun 17, 2020
hmmm..
Re: Is Receiving The Holy Spirit Different From Baptism Of The Holy Spirit? by petra1(m): 4:24pm On Jun 17, 2020
Holy spirit baptism is salvation. While receiving the Holy spirit is infilling
Re: Is Receiving The Holy Spirit Different From Baptism Of The Holy Spirit? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:23pm On Jun 17, 2020
petra1:
Holy spirit baptism is salvation. While receiving the Holy spirit is infilling

Never heard this one before! Which one is Holy Spirit Baptism and Holy Spirit infilling?

I see you got your Petra1 back! Congrats!
Re: Is Receiving The Holy Spirit Different From Baptism Of The Holy Spirit? by Dannyfan(m): 6:19pm On Jun 17, 2020
Kobojunkie:
You read the book, you tell us what the author tells you to believe.

But according to the bible, once you are born again (born of the Spirit), the Spirit comes to live inside of you.
Any fancy term authors or persons attaches is their's to define.
He never termed any thing. What I'm confused about is in their (God's generals') account, most of the ministers before speaking in tongue performed healing, deliverance etc. Let me site an example like Sumrall Lester account: he saw vision when he was in a sickbed (at a very tender age) to either preach the gospel or die. He accepted to preach. In his meetings many were saved, healed, delivered etc. Subsequently, he had the impression that he is not yet baptism of the holyspirit because of his sister spiritual gift. He cried out to God who called him concerning receiving the holyspirit and God answer his prayer and he was baptized of the holyspirit with evidence of speaking in tongue. My questions now are;
1. Was it that he had no holyspirit then before being baptized?
2. Was it that he received the holyspirit without being baptized?
3. Then my main question
thank u as u reply
Re: Is Receiving The Holy Spirit Different From Baptism Of The Holy Spirit? by Dannyfan(m): 6:28pm On Jun 17, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

I really do not understand your question here, because, first your posted question about Receiving the Holy Spirit and Baptism of the Holy Spirit was strange (I've never heard that before) so I answered based on the fact that in the Bible, the Understanding of Baptism is different from the Knowledge and Power of the Holy Spirit, and they can not be mixed up as your post appears to do.

Secondly, could you disclose your True Interest because it appears to me that you are only interested in Acquiring The Lord's Power for healing and deliverance, As Simon the Sorcerer wished to purchase the power of the Holy Spirit?

Or is it about Speaking in Languages (Tongues)?

It would be easier to answer if you could speak precisely.

Thank you for the prompt reply. Sir, it's not about speaking in tongue or performing healing deliverance, I'm not even fervent in the spirit like that. I am trying to convince my doubting faith by studying the life of past ministers of God.
Sir you can check the comment I quoted above for better understanding of my question.
Re: Is Receiving The Holy Spirit Different From Baptism Of The Holy Spirit? by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jun 17, 2020
Same same.
Re: Is Receiving The Holy Spirit Different From Baptism Of The Holy Spirit? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:36pm On Jun 17, 2020
Dannyfan:

Thank you for the prompt reply. Sir, it's not about speaking in tongue or performing healing deliverance, I'm not even fervent in the spirit like that. I am trying to convince my doubting faith by studying the life of past ministers of God.
Sir you can check the comment I quoted above for better understanding of my question.

Error 1) From the time of Paul, till now and till Judgement Day, False Prophets shall abound. 1 Timothy 4:1-2

And Christ warned us that they shall do signs and wonders also, so how are you going to identify them or know them using healings and deliverances? Twice did Christ say take heed that no Man deceive you. Mathew 24:4 and 11.

Also see the warning in Mathew 7:22 and note verse 23.

The Only Way You Can Safely Learn the Truth about the the Word of God is Do All that is written in the Bible, praying for your own understanding of it, and whatever your understanding of the words, Make Your Own Mistakes, So That You Can Correct Them For Yourself!

This is the Only Safe Way I know that you can use to Increase your Knowledge of God.

And I just read 1 Timothy 1:5- Practice understanding the Practical Use of that Knowledge for in that statement is the beginning and end of all Bible knowledge!
Re: Is Receiving The Holy Spirit Different From Baptism Of The Holy Spirit? by hoopernikao: 7:37pm On Jun 17, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Based on the bold above.
If the Holy Spirit only comes after a pure and acceptable baptism.

Who then do the acceptable baptism
. I mean who and how do you receive your acceptable baptism without the holyghost. I will appreciate if you layout scriptures when responding.

Secondly, you may need to check your theology about tongues ones again with a lot of proper and critical view.
Re: Is Receiving The Holy Spirit Different From Baptism Of The Holy Spirit? by Dannyfan(m): 7:53pm On Jun 17, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Error 1) From the time of Paul, till now and till Judgement Day, False Prophets shall abound. 1 Timothy 4:1-2

And Christ warned us that they shall do signs and wonders also, so how are you going to identify them or know them using healings and deliverances? Twice did Christ say take heed that no Man deceive you. Mathew 24:4 and 11.

Also see the warning in Mathew 7:22 and note verse 23.

The Only Way You Can Safely Learn the Truth about the the Word of God is Do All that is written in the Bible, praying for your own understanding of it, and whatever your understanding of the words, Make Your Own Mistakes, So That You Can Correct Them For Yourself!

This is the Only Safe Way I know that you can use to Increase your Knowledge of God.

And I just read 1 Timothy 1:5- Practice understanding the Practical Use of that Knowledge for in that statement is the beginning and end of all Bible knowledge!

You never answer my question, you're just cornering me around like I didn't believe in the Bible. It's obvious you don't believe in healing, deliverance etc. I never mention fake prophet, I don't know how you see fake prophet. Even the bible is very clear with evidence of speaking tongue, healing, deliverance and salvation. Sir may I ask the church you attend?
Check below this account to and answer the questions.
Sumrall Lester account: he saw vision when he was in a sickbed (at a very tender age) to either preach the gospel or die. He accepted to preach. In his meetings many were saved, healed, delivered etc. Subsequently, he had the impression that he is not yet baptism of the holyspirit because of his sister spiritual gift. He cried out to God who called him concerning receiving the holyspirit and God answer his prayer and he was baptized of the holyspirit with evidence of speaking in tongue. My questions now are;
3. Then my main question
thank u as u reply
Thank you
Re: Is Receiving The Holy Spirit Different From Baptism Of The Holy Spirit? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:55pm On Jun 17, 2020
Dannyfan:
He never termed any thing. What I'm confused about is in their (God's generals') account, most of the ministers before speaking in tongue performed healing, deliverance etc. Let me site an example like Sumrall Lester account: he saw vision when he was in a sickbed (at a very tender age) to either preach the gospel or die. He accepted to preach. In his meetings many were saved, healed, delivered etc. Subsequently, he had the impression that he is not yet baptism of the holyspirit because of his sister spiritual gift. He cried out to God who called him concerning receiving the holyspirit and God answer his prayer and he was baptized of the holyspirit with evidence of speaking in tongue. My questions now are;
3. Then my main question
thank u as u reply

Are you seeing the beginning of confusion? When you were in school, Whose Report did you believe, Your Classmates Notes or the Textbook?

So it is here, how can a book written by a man be greater than the books written by Men, who were Taught by the Lord Himself?

And you want us to Review the a work written by another man over and against the Bible? Never!

It should not be considered and I won't review his actions. I am not his Judge, his Judge is coming.

If you love Life and your Soul, throw that book Away and Stick to the Bible Only!
Re: Is Receiving The Holy Spirit Different From Baptism Of The Holy Spirit? by Kobojunkie: 7:57pm On Jun 17, 2020
Dannyfan:
undecided Interesting story!
Dannyfan:
I can't tell you of this man, Sumrall Lester. I don't know anything about him to even begin to dissect his story. What I can tell you about Jesus Christ and what He teaches. According to the gospels, Jesus anointed His disciples, a practice even from the old testament days making holy a vessel for God's use(the Spirit of God was upon those who were chosen in that way), before sending them out to heal the sick, cast out demons, etc.
Dannyfan:
Well, your brief on the narrative there indicates the man truly believed he did not, and God answered him after he cried to God for the Spirit.
Dannyfan:
3. Then my main question thank u as u reply
The power to heal the sick, cast out demons, is not ours, but God's and only through His spirit are we able to do such things. When a person becomes born again, as in do all that Jesus Christ has stipulated we do in order to become His followers, the Spirit of God comes and lives inside of us.

John 14 vs 22 -25
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
22. Then Judas (not Judas Iscariot) said, “Lord, how will you make yourself known to us, but not to the world?”
23. Jesus answered, “All who love me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them. My Father and I will come to them and live with them.
24. But anyone who does not love me does not obey my teaching. This teaching that you hear is not really mine. It is from my Father who sent me.
25. “I have told you all these things while I am with you.
26. But the Helper will teach you everything and cause you to remember all that I told you. This Helper is the Holy Spirit that the Father will send in my name.
As you can see, the Spirit of God resides in those who are born again. T

Mark 16 vs 17 -18
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
16. And the people who believe will be able to do these things as proof: They will use my name to force demons out of people. They will speak in languages they never learned.
17. If they pick up snakes or drink any poison, they will not be hurt. They will lay their hands on sick people, and they will get well.”.
Re: Is Receiving The Holy Spirit Different From Baptism Of The Holy Spirit? by Dannyfan(m): 8:00pm On Jun 17, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Are you seeing the beginning of confusion? When you were in school, Whose Report did you believe, Your Classmates Notes or the Textbook?

So it is here, how can a book written by a man be greater than the books written by Men, who were Taught by the Lord Himself?

And you want us to Review the a work written by another man over and against the Bible? Never!

It should not be considered and I won't review his actions. I am not his Judge, his Judge is coming.

If you love Life and your Soul, throw that book Away and Stick to the Bible Only!
ok.
But did you know that the story of Jesus might not convince some one? And the story of believers of Christ can minister and reveal who Christ is to a disbeliever?
Thanks for all your responses and the possible coming ones.
Re: Is Receiving The Holy Spirit Different From Baptism Of The Holy Spirit? by Dannyfan(m): 8:12pm On Jun 17, 2020
Kobojunkie:
I can't tell you of this man, Sumrall Lester. I don't know anything about you to even begin to dissect his story. What I can tell you about Jesus Christ and what He teaches. According to the gospels, Jesus anointed His disciples, a practice even from the old testament days making holy a vessel for God's use(the Spirit of God was upon those who were chosen in that way), before sending them out to heal the sick, cast out demons, etc.
Well, your brief on the narrative there indicates the man truly believed he did not, and God answered him after he cried to God for the Spirit.
The power to heal the sick, cast out demons, is not ours, but God's and only through His spirit are we able to do such things. When a person becomes born again, as in do all that Jesus Christ has stipulated we do in order to become His followers, the Spirit of God comes and lives inside of us.

Ok, I got some point here, that he might have received/had the spirit but not speaking tongue because he was chosen.
Now lemme do it like this;
what's the essence of baptizm of the holy spirit when you're already performing healing, deliverance etc?
Re: Is Receiving The Holy Spirit Different From Baptism Of The Holy Spirit? by CodeTemplar: 8:14pm On Jun 17, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

I have read a good part of that book and Robert liardon is just a proxy. The stories and experiences referenced in it aren't his ideas but a compilation of events in the lives of God's Generals or Great men of the faith. It would be wrong to pitch the author against the Bible here. Smith Wigglesworth too never realized he lacked the Holy Ghost been but was doing quite fine too until he realized he needed the baptism of the Holy Ghost. That doesn't make the author a liar.
Re: Is Receiving The Holy Spirit Different From Baptism Of The Holy Spirit? by Dannyfan(m): 8:23pm On Jun 17, 2020
Kobojunkie:
I can't tell you of this man, Sumrall Lester. I don't know anything about you to even begin to dissect his story. What I can tell you about Jesus Christ and what He teaches. According to the gospels, Jesus anointed His disciples, a practice even from the old testament days making holy a vessel for God's use(the Spirit of God was upon those who were chosen in that way), before sending them out to heal the sick, cast out demons, etc.

God's Generals are ministers that have impact greatness, salvation and growth to the entire christendom. I don't know how we should over look them, they carried the image of christ.
Re: Is Receiving The Holy Spirit Different From Baptism Of The Holy Spirit? by CodeTemplar: 8:25pm On Jun 17, 2020
Dannyfan:
thanks as you reply

It may interest you to know that the baptisn of the holy ghost is in many levels. Even the disciples were to told "...this type goeth out but by fasting and prayer..." by Jesus long before the baptism of the Holy Ghost they experience in Acts of the Apostles.
Re: Is Receiving The Holy Spirit Different From Baptism Of The Holy Spirit? by Dannyfan(m): 8:28pm On Jun 17, 2020
CodeTemplar:

It may interest you to know that the baptisn of the holy ghost is in many levels.

How sir?
Re: Is Receiving The Holy Spirit Different From Baptism Of The Holy Spirit? by petra1(m): 8:38pm On Jun 17, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Never heard this one before! Which one is Holy Spirit Baptism and Holy Spirit infilling?

It’s by the agency of the Holy Spirit we got born again . And the Bible made us to know it’s spirit baptism .

1 Corinthians 12:13
13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body. .

I see you got your Petra1 back! Congrats!

I’ve been getting it back every day but I get banned every day and without explanation . I observed now that I get banned specifically every time I make post in the oyedepo succession Thread . So I no Dey go there again . B
Re: Is Receiving The Holy Spirit Different From Baptism Of The Holy Spirit? by Kobojunkie: 8:54pm On Jun 17, 2020
Dannyfan:
God's Generals are ministers that have impact greatness, salvation and growth to the entire christendom. I don't how we should over looked them, they carried the image of christ.
Jesus Christ never told me of any God's generals, and Jesus Christ is the Truth of God and those He spoke of are the "children of God".
What you see as great impact, salvation, and growth (kind of sounds like lingo from the business world), may in fact have had a negative impact as far as what Jesus Christ Himself taught. Remember the same Jesus Christ warned profusely against false teachers/prophets/wolves

Matthew 7 vs 21-23
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
21. “Not everyone who calls me Lord will enter God’s kingdom. The only people who will enter are those who do what my Father in heaven wants.
22. On that last day many will call me Lord. They will say, ‘Lord, Lord, by the power of your name we spoke for God. And by your name, we forced out demons and did many miracles.’
23. Then I will tell those people clearly, ‘Get away from me, you people who do wrong. I never knew you.’
Re: Is Receiving The Holy Spirit Different From Baptism Of The Holy Spirit? by CodeTemplar: 9:12pm On Jun 17, 2020
Dannyfan:
How sir?
In acts 2:4 they were filled with THS and did signs and wonders, then in Acts 4:29-31 they were yet filled again. This is just two level. There are four level I know of. I may need time to find the references and bring then here.
Re: Is Receiving The Holy Spirit Different From Baptism Of The Holy Spirit? by CodeTemplar: 9:14pm On Jun 17, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ never told me of any God's generals, and Jesus Christ is the Truth of God and those He spoke of are the "children of God".
What you see as great impact, salvation, and growth (kind of sounds like lingo from the business world), may in fact have had a negative impact as far as what Jesus Christ Himself taught. Remember the same Jesus Christ warned profusely against false teachers/prophets/wolves

That word "may" in that position is very vital. says a lot.
Re: Is Receiving The Holy Spirit Different From Baptism Of The Holy Spirit? by Dannyfan(m): 9:16pm On Jun 17, 2020
Kobojunkie:

General is a word ascribed to this greatmen of God. You can as well be refer as a general for christ. You sound awkward and backward.
I'm seeking answer to my question and not to argue.
Re: Is Receiving The Holy Spirit Different From Baptism Of The Holy Spirit? by Dannyfan(m): 9:21pm On Jun 17, 2020
CodeTemplar:
In acts 2:4 they were filled with THS and did signs and wonders, then in Acts 4:29-31 they were yet filled again. This is just two level. There are four level I know of. I may need time to find the references and bring then here.
ok
Re: Is Receiving The Holy Spirit Different From Baptism Of The Holy Spirit? by Kobojunkie: 9:21pm On Jun 17, 2020
Dannyfan:
General is a word ascribed to this greatmen of God. You can as well be refer as a general for christ. You sound awkward and backward.
I'm seeking answer to my question and not to argue.
Is there any man greater than Jesus Christ as far as men are concerned?
Man's terms mean nothing as far as God's word (Jesus Christ) is concerned. If your generals, your great men, have not become like children, they are nobodies in the Kingdom of God. undecided

Matthew 18 vs 1-4 (ERV)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. About that time the followers came to Jesus and asked, “Who is the greatest in God’s kingdom?”
2. Jesus called a little child to come to him. He stood the child in front of the followers.
3. Then he said, “The truth is, you must change your thinking and become like little children. If you don’t do this, you will never enter God’s kingdom.
4. The greatest person in God’s kingdom is the one who makes himself humble like this child.
Re: Is Receiving The Holy Spirit Different From Baptism Of The Holy Spirit? by Dannyfan(m): 9:39pm On Jun 17, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Is there any man greater than Jesus Christ as far as men are concerned?
They're followers of Christ.
Man's terms mean nothing as far as God's word (Jesus Christ) is concerned. If your generals, your great men, have not become like children, they are nobodies in the Kingdom of God. undecided
Most of these generals you're against as being righteous are not speaking for them self as general but the work done through them speaks volume of their dedication, obedience and adherence to the word of God.
Re: Is Receiving The Holy Spirit Different From Baptism Of The Holy Spirit? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:45pm On Jun 17, 2020
hoopernikao:

Based on the bold above.
If the Holy Spirit only comes after a pure and acceptable baptism.

Who then do the acceptable baptism
. I mean who and how do you receive your acceptable baptism without the holyghost. I will appreciate if you layout scriptures when responding.

First, it should be appreciated that, No One Brings Upon Themselves the Holy Spirit and No One can do so.

The Holy Spirit Comes of Its Own Will on a Chosen Person and Not Any person Taking UP the Holy Spirit as though It were a Cloth that can be taken up.

This is what informed my own opinion and it is supported by several scriptures Acts 10:2 and 44-48. Acts 8:12-17 Simon here too, was baptized like the rest but he did not receive the Holy Spirit. Why? Verse 21-23 gives us the answer.

It is easily possible to be baptized but one shall never have the Holy Spirit. Why? As Paul put it in Romans 2:28/29 "... and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter (or form).

Which I followed in saying that Baptism is not outwardly in the water as circumcision is not in the flesh but "but baptism in the heart and in the spirit."

hoopernikao:

Secondly, you may need to check your theology about tongues ones again with a lot of proper and critical view.

First, I study no Theology, I Only Love The Lord and I therefore Study His Ways, Which in Goodness, He Has Revealed!

For the Lord Himself, spoke in Clear Precise Language and not Once do we hear a strange speech in all of His Teachings.

The Lord Himself showed us by Clear Examples, Physical Things Explaining the Spiritual Things He Taught, Always. And not once is there any Spiritual Thing which can not be explained by a physical Replica. E.g "The Kingdom of God can be Likened to .. " or "Which one of you..."

Thus, while the meaning of Tongues in the physical Clearly and undisputably means Languages, Native Dialect and means of communication from one person to another, No Supporter of the idea of Ble-bleble is able to ground or justify their spiritual concept of Speaking in Tongues, Physically, for Perfect Understanding Purposes. No, not One.

And this is an Anomaly I see, which is not found anywhere in the Teachings that Christ Taught us.

Therefore, those who came up with this Ble-bleble, ought to Convincingly Prove what they say.
Re: Is Receiving The Holy Spirit Different From Baptism Of The Holy Spirit? by Kobojunkie: 9:50pm On Jun 17, 2020
Dannyfan:
They're followers of Christ.
How do you know they are followers of Christ? The one you described, you yourself stated that he went about healing and preaching without having the spirit of God in Him (according to you, he noticed it and then did something about it, after the fact). undecided
Is it possible to be a follower of Christ and not have the Spirit of the Living God residing and guiding your every step each way? undecided
Do you think it is possible for the Spirit of God to live inside of a person and the person not know of it? undecided
What does one need to do to become a follower of Christ?
Dannyfan:
Most of these generals you're against as being righteous are not speaking for them self as general.
Here's a question for you, what does righteousness mean? I really would love to hear your answer on this since you seem so sure these generals of yours are indeed "righteous" men.
Dannyfan:
but the work done through them speaks volume of their dedication, obedience and adherence to the word of God.
Does the work done speak volumes? What volumes? In favour of Jesus Christ's teachings? Or the teachings of your many generals? Have you taken a good look at Christianity today to see how very far away it is from the original picture (when the apostles first began)?

Matthew 7 vs 21-23
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
21. “Not everyone who calls me Lord will enter God’s kingdom. The only people who will enter are those who do what my Father in heaven wants.
22. On that last day many will call me Lord. They will say, ‘Lord, Lord, by the power of your name we spoke for God. And by your name, we forced out demons and did many miracles.’
23. Then I will tell those people clearly, ‘Get away from me, you people who do wrong. I never knew you.’
Think about what Jesus Himself said. He is the truth after all! It's not about flashy miracles, or the crowds you pull or even the clout. Obviously, when it comes to Christ, none of that really counts. What counts is the obedience of His very word, which you don't really find taught by many of your generals these days. undecided
I have seen video after video of preachers teaching their own stories as if gospel. Is that what Jesus meant ?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See The Sign Prophet Odumeje, E-money And Other Were Caught Donig. What Could Th / Atheists Can Be Moral (concept Of Moral Mandala) / Your Favourite Pastors And Why

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.