Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,741 members, 7,827,737 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:03 PM

My Wife Steals From Me, Man Tells Court - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Wife Steals From Me, Man Tells Court (702 Views)

Photo: Woman Who Drugs Her Lover And Steals His $1.5m / My Husband Raped My Cousin In Our Matrimonial Home, Wife Tells Court / Man Disguises As Woman, Works As Housegirl For 8 Months, Steals From Boss (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Wife Steals From Me, Man Tells Court by kufreabasi(m): 4:37pm On Jan 26, 2011
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/01/my-wife-steals-from-me-man-tells-court/

Abeokuta – A 34-year-old commercial driver, Michael Odubona, has told a Grade I Customary Court, sitting in Ake, Abeokuta that his wife, Kehinde, is a thief.

Michael also informed the court that they had been married for about 12 years with three children aged, nine, seven and two.

He said, “Kehinde is a thief, and she steals my money and personal belongings on several occasions and takes to her father.”

He alleged that he often found some of his stolen property with Kehinde’s father.

“I saw my missing clothes and other property with her father on several occasions,” Odubona said.

He also alleged that she was in the habit of coming home late at night and had no regards for him as her husband.

According to him, Kehinde is also in the habit of using various charms at home for reasons only known to her.

Odubona said that the situation in their matrimonial home had really degenerated to the extent that he had asked his estranged wife to park out some weeks ago.

“When it was obvious that our continuous stay together would not bring about peace and could also lead to the death of one of us, I ordered her out,” he said.

Odubona said he was in the custody of the children, and promised that he would give them the proper upbringing.

He, thereafter, appealed to the court to dissolve the 12-year-old union.

Reacting to the allegations, Kehinde said that she was surprised that her husband could “heap such heavy lies” on her.

She refuted all the all allegations, and said that she never stole from him.

She, however, confirmed that she sometimes took money from him, but claimed that she did not steal the money.

“When a woman takes her husband’s money, does that make her a thief?” she queried

Kehinde also said that it was not true that she was in the habit of coming home late.

She said, “I hawk food, and sometimes stay back to collect money from my customers.”

Kehinde appealed to the court to quash the dissolution application, adding that she still loved her husband, and that their differences can be resolved.

The president of the court, Mrs Christianah Olaleye, ordered the estranged couple’s family members to mediate and find a lasting solution to the lingering crisis.

She said she would be looking forward to a positive report at the next adjourned date and adjourned the next sitting to Feb. 4.
Courtesy NAN.

(1) (Reply)

Help Needed With Eurowideinvestment. / POLICE: How Driver Killed 30, Injured Many While Trying To Evade Arrest. / Watching Your Loved One Raped!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.