Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,724 members, 7,816,977 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:55 PM

How Transsion Holdings Dominated The African Mobile Phone Industry - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Transsion Holdings Dominated The African Mobile Phone Industry (1852 Views)

How Transsion Holdings Has Eaten Deep Into The African Society. / How Transsion Holdings Are Cheating And Lying To Nigerians / Samzuga Chat:first African Mobile Communication App Set To Be Launched(download) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Transsion Holdings Dominated The African Mobile Phone Industry by Henryneo(m): 3:33pm On Jun 17, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gudoJ3AMQwE

Transsion Holdings. Not many people know the name, but millions of Africans can identify with their two main brands. Tecno and Infinix. Two of the biggest smart-phone brands by sale in Africa. They’ve also got a third mobile phone brand iTel, a digital accessory brand called Oraimo and an appliances brand called Syinix. They also have an after-sales service brand called Carl Care. Transsion is huge in Africa and they have essentially dominated the smart-phone market here, but how did they do it?

This video showcases how Transsion Dominated the African Mobile Phone Industry. From Tecno to Infinix to Oraimo, Transsion is set to maintain dominance in Africa with their product offerings. They've been at the top for over 6 years now but can they remain there?

Follow me on Social Media
Twitter - @henreeneo
Instagram - @henreeneo
Facebook - www.facebook.com/henreeneo

#TranssionHoldings #Africa #MobileLeader

1 Like

Re: How Transsion Holdings Dominated The African Mobile Phone Industry by Randerl: 3:40pm On Jun 17, 2020
Around me here, l see Samsung, Samsung another Samsung, a Huawei, Xiaomi reach like... Let me count, Eight Xiaomi phones, 2 Iphones, an LG G6 the only LG phone, 3 gionee etc

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Transsion Holdings Dominated The African Mobile Phone Industry by skywalker240(m): 5:09pm On Jun 17, 2020
Very soon, it would be the rise and fall of Transsion

3 Likes

Re: How Transsion Holdings Dominated The African Mobile Phone Industry by theoneJabulani(m): 9:00pm On Jun 17, 2020
Randerl:
Around me here, l see Samsung, Samsung another Samsung, a Huawei Y7, Xiaomi reach like... Let me count, Eight Xiaomi phones, 2 Iphones, an LG G6 the only LG phone, 3 gionee etc
I just realised after seeing this post that no one in my immediate family use a transsion smartphone. I don't know why it never occurred to me

6 Likes

Re: How Transsion Holdings Dominated The African Mobile Phone Industry by edoairways: 10:22pm On Jun 17, 2020
@Henryneo Indeed transsion are in between the devil and blue sea. Pricing is one of their competitive advantage over other brands. This is a major challenge to them because should they consider some of the suggestions from their critics', the price might not be same. You know most Nigerians are price as sensitive, the few technical inclined may not mine. However I suggest they introduce updates like their counterparts. They can start with their higher phones before moving to low range. Other fees .may added as well. I really enjoy your unbiased review. For those thinking they might loose out, I doubt that. We still have many low income Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: How Transsion Holdings Dominated The African Mobile Phone Industry by skywalker240(m): 10:27pm On Jun 17, 2020
edoairways:
@Henryneo Indeed transsion are in between the devil and blue sea. Pricing is one of their competitive advantage over other brands. This is a major challenge to them because should they consider some of the suggestions from their critics', the price might not be same. You know most Nigerians are price as sensitive, the few technical inclined may not mine. However I suggest they introduce updates like their counterparts. They can start with their higher phones before moving to low range. Other fees .may added as well. I really enjoy your unbiased review. For those thinking they might loose out, I doubt that. We still have many low income Nigerians.
Their pricing has never been favourable, so what the hell are you trying to insinuate.

10 Likes

Re: How Transsion Holdings Dominated The African Mobile Phone Industry by edoairways: 10:31pm On Jun 17, 2020
skywalker240:

Their pricing has never been favourable, so what the hell are you trying to insinuate.
It has been favourable,if not devaluation of naira, there wouldn't be unnecessary complains

1 Like

Re: How Transsion Holdings Dominated The African Mobile Phone Industry by typicalgamer(m): 11:20pm On Jun 17, 2020
Randerl:
Around me here, l see Samsung, Samsung another Samsung, a Huawei Y7, Xiaomi reach like... Let me count, Eight Xiaomi phones, 2 Iphones, an LG G6 the only LG phone, 3 gionee etc

here in Delta it's impossible to meet 2 xiaomi users in a day
Re: How Transsion Holdings Dominated The African Mobile Phone Industry by skywalker240(m): 11:25pm On Jun 17, 2020
edoairways:

It has been favourable,if not devaluation of naira, there wouldn't be unnecessary complains
so are you trying to justify the 95k (as at then) price tag on that helio p35 shitty camon 15 premier when G70, SD 665 & G90T devices from other notable brands (as at then) were sold way cheaper?

say something else please.

4 Likes

Re: How Transsion Holdings Dominated The African Mobile Phone Industry by edoairways: 11:26pm On Jun 17, 2020
typicalgamer:

here in Delta it's impossible to meet 2 xiaomi users in a day
Are you sure?

1 Like

Re: How Transsion Holdings Dominated The African Mobile Phone Industry by typicalgamer(m): 11:30pm On Jun 17, 2020
edoairways:
Are you sure?
rephrase that because I can't be in everywhere at once

here in warri it's nigh impossible to meet 2 strangers using xiaomi
tecno and infinix owns these lands
don't know why my people no won see the light
Re: How Transsion Holdings Dominated The African Mobile Phone Industry by edoairways: 11:56pm On Jun 17, 2020
typicalgamer:

That is because of less publicity

1 Like

Re: How Transsion Holdings Dominated The African Mobile Phone Industry by edoairways: 11:57pm On Jun 17, 2020
skywalker240:

so are you trying to justify the 95k (as at then) price tag on that helio p35 shitty camon 15 premier when G70, SD 665 & G90T devices from other notable brands (as at then) were sold way cheaper?

say something else please.
That is the main reason for such price, other cost are inclusive

1 Like

Re: How Transsion Holdings Dominated The African Mobile Phone Industry by edoairways: 11:58pm On Jun 17, 2020
Yeah

1 Like

Re: How Transsion Holdings Dominated The African Mobile Phone Industry by typicalgamer(m): 11:59pm On Jun 17, 2020
edoairways:

That is because of less publicity

this is true but xiaomi has a shop in plaza but no phones just chargers and headset
Re: How Transsion Holdings Dominated The African Mobile Phone Industry by edoairways: 12:02am On Jun 18, 2020
typicalgamer:

this is true but xiaomi has a shop in plaza but no phones just chargers and headset
The people over there are not interested. However when some guys from other states visit there, perhaps they might change their position. If you advertise for xiaomi, would they pay?

1 Like

Re: How Transsion Holdings Dominated The African Mobile Phone Industry by atheistandproud(m): 12:06am On Jun 18, 2020
typicalgamer:

I may want to disagree with you but whatever rocks your boat.

Even my mom uses a Redmi Go.

But it's your opinion sir. You're entitled to it.

2 Likes

Re: How Transsion Holdings Dominated The African Mobile Phone Industry by atheistandproud(m): 12:08am On Jun 18, 2020
typicalgamer:

Bros why na?

Pointek (@ ShopRite, Effurun roundabout or in Asaba), Slot at Refinery junction and Raya at Robinson plaza, Deco road all sell Xiaomi phones.

2 Likes

Re: How Transsion Holdings Dominated The African Mobile Phone Industry by typicalgamer(m): 7:39am On Jun 18, 2020
atheistandproud:

Bros why na?

Pointek (@ ShopRite, Effurun roundabout or in Asaba), Slot at Refinery junction and Raya at Robinson plaza, Deco road all sell Xiaomi phones.

bro my bad because last I checked no phone there I still haven't checked now self
Re: How Transsion Holdings Dominated The African Mobile Phone Industry by typicalgamer(m): 7:40am On Jun 18, 2020
atheistandproud:

there's a difference between nobody uses it
and it's hard to meet 2 xiaomi users in one day in warri here
Re: How Transsion Holdings Dominated The African Mobile Phone Industry by typicalgamer(m): 7:41am On Jun 18, 2020
edoairways:

The people over there are not interested. However when some guys from other states visit there, perhaps they might change their position. If you advertise for xiaomi, would they pay?

they'll be interested but the heavy marketing those igbo guys give tecno and infinix has got the masses glued
Re: How Transsion Holdings Dominated The African Mobile Phone Industry by edoairways: 8:58am On Jun 18, 2020
atheistandproud:

He is right, it is difficult to see xiaomi users in Delta especially Warri axis

1 Like

Re: How Transsion Holdings Dominated The African Mobile Phone Industry by Mohbola(f): 9:24pm On Jun 21, 2020
typicalgamer:

Even in the north, most people use either infinix or tecno
Re: How Transsion Holdings Dominated The African Mobile Phone Industry by typicalgamer(m): 10:17pm On Jun 21, 2020
Mohbola:

Even in the north, most people use either infinix or tecno
this is true
Re: How Transsion Holdings Dominated The African Mobile Phone Industry by Lexusgs430: 12:39am On Jun 22, 2020
Umidigi, Xiaomi, BLU, Gionee etc etc, have knocked transssion off..........

With near enough 0% on advertisements, lack of celebrity endorsements etc etc

The most important factor, are loyal and happy fans, word of mouth, using free mediums to preach the gospel........ cheesy

2 Likes

Re: How Transsion Holdings Dominated The African Mobile Phone Industry by Lexusgs430: 12:42am On Jun 22, 2020
theoneJabulani:
I just realised after seeing this post that no one in my immediate family use a transsion smartphone. I don't know why it never occurred to me

They saw the wonders of other smartphone lights, and it set them free....... cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Transsion Holdings Dominated The African Mobile Phone Industry by Chuksteric(m): 9:16am On Jun 22, 2020
No one in my family uses any transion product

2 Likes

Re: How Transsion Holdings Dominated The African Mobile Phone Industry by edoairways: 10:00am On Jun 22, 2020
Lexusgs430:
Umidigi, Xiaomi, BLU, Gionee etc etc, have knocked transssion off..........

With near enough 0% on advertisements, lack of celebrity endorsements etc etc

The most important factor, are loyal and happy fans, word of mouth, using free mediums to preach the gospel........ cheesy
Tecno still lead the market

2 Likes

Re: How Transsion Holdings Dominated The African Mobile Phone Industry by Lexusgs430: 10:05am On Jun 22, 2020
edoairways:

Tecno still lead the market

But you have to agree that they have lost grounds, a ground they monopolised previously.....

This shift unfortunately, would continually increase......

Transssion Holdings, have also recognised this shift in consumer behaviour..........

3 Likes

Re: How Transsion Holdings Dominated The African Mobile Phone Industry by edoairways: 10:11am On Jun 22, 2020
Lexusgs430:

But you have to agree that they have lost grounds, a ground they monopolised previously.....

This shift unfortunately, would continually increase......

Transssion Holdings, have also recognised this shift in consumer behaviour..........
I wonder why most Nigerians use the word monopoly to mean dominance, tecno didn't enjoy any monopoly at all. Tecno leads because of their full presence in Nigeria couple with the fact that they had targeted low income earners. Other brands weren't interested in Nigeria market because of the poor perception they
had about us. The market has been free for any to come right from time

2 Likes

Re: How Transsion Holdings Dominated The African Mobile Phone Industry by Lexusgs430: 10:21am On Jun 22, 2020
edoairways:

I wonder why most Nigerians use the word monopoly to mean dominance, tecno didn't enjoy any monopoly at all. Tecno leads because of their full presence in Nigeria couple with the fact that they had targeted low income earners. Other brands weren't interested in Nigeria market because of the poor perception they
had about us. The market has been free for any to come right from time

I use monopoly because, transssion holdings had majority of the market wrapped......

In the past, it was either UK/USA used or Transssion devices......

The tide has shifted massively with Aliexpress and other online shopping platforms opening up.........

1 Like

Re: How Transsion Holdings Dominated The African Mobile Phone Industry by edoairways: 10:24am On Jun 22, 2020
Lexusgs430:

I use monopoly because, transssion holdings had majority of the market wrapped......

In the past, it was either UK/USA used or Transssion devices......

The tide has shifted massively with Aliexpress and other online shopping platforms opening up.........
Then change that word" monopoly" because that isn't right usage.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Get Upto 45GB Data For Free Using MYMTN App / Why You Should Consider Buying Samsung Galaxy S9 / Exploring The Xiaomi Redmi Note 12 Pro+5g: A Mid-range Marvel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.