Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,533 members, 7,826,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

See The Reason Why We Find Chips Filled Till Half Of The Packet. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / See The Reason Why We Find Chips Filled Till Half Of The Packet. (238 Views)

Salary Arrears: SSANU, NASU Members To Get Half Of Withheld Pay — FG / As Undergraduate Student, Your Phone Gallery Is Filled With Something Like This / JAMB May Cancel Half Of 2019 UTME Results In Some States Over Cheating — PT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

See The Reason Why We Find Chips Filled Till Half Of The Packet. by RubiesBanking: 4:46pm On Jun 17, 2020
When we eat chips we find them filled till half of the packet.

During my childhood, I had misconception that manufacturers do this intentionally to make profit but then I understood the purpose.

As chips contain fats and oils in them, they can get rancid.

Rancidity is biochemical reaction of fats getting oxidised to produce foul smell and taste which makes the product unfit for consumption.

So to avoid this, manufacturers fill the packets of chips with nitrogen gas molecules.

Since, Nitrogen gas does not react with fats and oils, the chips are safe from getting rancid.

Moreover, a gas in the bag serves as a cushioning agent and prevents chips from crumbling.

So although we feel it's unfair that packet is filled upto half, it's for a good reason.

So I conclude some things may seem wrong but are for right purpose.

Source:Quora

1 Like

Re: See The Reason Why We Find Chips Filled Till Half Of The Packet. by chiiraq802(m): 4:49pm On Jun 17, 2020
Hhhmmm!!! Very informative wink

(1) (Reply)

A / KINGSLEY ISRAEL JACK / Nigerian Teen Gets Accepted By All 8 Ivy League Schools In The United States.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.