Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,943 members, 7,821,301 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:08 AM

Meet The Man Struck By Lightning 7 Times - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Meet The Man Struck By Lightning 7 Times (478 Views)

Lightning Strike Kills Referee During Football Match In Niger State (Photos) / Lightning Strikes Chainsaw Operator To Death While Felling Ondo 80-Year-Old Tree / What Happens If One Gets Struck By Lightning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Meet The Man Struck By Lightning 7 Times by aril: 5:10pm On Jun 17, 2020
It’s said that seven is a lucky number, but Roy Sullivan, a.k.a. the “Spark Ranger,” probably would have disagreed. The Shenandoah National Park ranger was apparently a natural conductor of electricity, and was struck by lightning a staggering number of times. Though some doubt Sullivan's stories—no one ever witnessed any of the strikes, only the aftermath—Guinness World Records was able to verify them enough to award the ranger the "Most lightning strikes survived" title. Here are his stories.

Strike 1
It was April, 1942, and Sullivan had only been with the park service for about six years. He was stationed at the brand-new Miller’s Head fire tower when a storm blew in. The tower was so new lightning rods hadn’t been installed yet, and it ended up being struck seven or eight times. Sullivan decided to get the heck out of there, but only made it a few feet away before the lightning found him. “It burned a half-inch strip all the way down my right leg, and knocked my big toe off,” he said. “My boot was full of blood, and it ran out through a hole in the sole.”

Strike 2 - 7

https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/66863/meet-man-struck-lightning-7-times

In life we can never tell what will hit us next no matter how careful we are for what will hit us will never miss us. We can only hope for the best!

Re: Meet The Man Struck By Lightning 7 Times by 2horsePOWER(m): 7:09pm On Jun 17, 2020
Lol.
Reminds me of the movie "the curious case of Benjamin Button".

Did I tell you I have been struck by lightning seven times?? grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Natural Remedy To Blocked Menses, Pelvic Pain And Fibroid / Enjoy Longer Sex. Kill ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION Before It Ruins Your Sex Life / How Often Should I Wear Recommended Eyeglass?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.