Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,295 members, 7,836,290 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:09 AM

Edo 2020: LG Legislative Leader Removed By 3 Councillors - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo 2020: LG Legislative Leader Removed By 3 Councillors (834 Views)

Pictures: Oshiomhole's Billboard That Was Removed By APC / Councillors Shun Ambode’s Invitation Ahead Of Lagos APC Primary / Sanwo-Olu Meets 377 Councillors In Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo 2020: LG Legislative Leader Removed By 3 Councillors by Freeman213: 7:38pm On Jun 17, 2020
The Legislative leader of Ovia South West Local Government Area of Edo, was on Wednesday removed by three councillors from the 10 that made up the council's legislative arm.

The councillors who briefed newsmen in Benin, attributed the unconstitutional removal of the leader to their refusal to defect from the All Progressives Congress (APC) with the council chairman.

The councillors are loyal to the Adams Oshiomhole faction of the party in the state while the Chairman, Mr Destiny Enabulele, is loyal to the Gov Godwin Obaseki.

The leader, Mr Robert Ekeme Fiyes was impeached while another councillor, Mr Mr Godwin Osahenvemwen, was suspended for allegedly not supporting Obaseki.

Fiyes said his removal and the suspension was allegedly carried out in the private residence of a very influential chieftain of the party who is still in the Obaseki administration.

He further said the signatures of the seven councillors who did not partake in the alleged removal were forged.

“We are not aware of any impeachment; our signatures were forged into a document and three of our members went to the house of a leader of APC who is not even from our local government but in government and purportedly removed the leader and suspended a councillor.

"The allegation is that we are not loyal to the chairman who is supporting Governor Obaseki," he said.

But when contacted, the chairman of the council, Enaulele, denied allegation of such development.

According to him, “I am not aware of such, we operate independent arms of government but I have been informed that I have a letter from the legislative arm which I have not even seen.”
Re: Edo 2020: LG Legislative Leader Removed By 3 Councillors by slivertongue: 8:41pm On Jun 17, 2020
Edo battle royale
Re: Edo 2020: LG Legislative Leader Removed By 3 Councillors by BlowYourMind: 9:05pm On Jun 17, 2020
The melodrama continue
Re: Edo 2020: LG Legislative Leader Removed By 3 Councillors by cpu2006(m): 9:08pm On Jun 17, 2020
I believe there is LEADERS in Edo?
What are they doing since for God sake undecided
Re: Edo 2020: LG Legislative Leader Removed By 3 Councillors by Olugbanko: 9:44pm On Jun 17, 2020
cpu2006:
I believe there is LEADERS in Edo?
What are they doing since for God sake undecided
obaseki listens to no one but himself bro!

2 Likes

Re: Edo 2020: LG Legislative Leader Removed By 3 Councillors by crispus09(m): 10:19pm On Jun 17, 2020
anything for their pockets, they 'll fight dirty and still smile for camera later

(1) (Reply)

Magu Sacked For Touching The Wrong Person Says Galadima / Peaceful Atmosphere As Ujiogba Community Cast Vote In Support Of Ize Iyamu / Nigerian Army Forestalled An Attempt By Hoodlums To Ransack FIRS Festac Town

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.