Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,069 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

Android Developers 1 - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Android Developers 1 (3533 Views)

Android Developers Lets Help Each Other / Android Developers Easy ADB Tool / Android Developers;which Service Do U Use For Push Notification? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Android Developers 1 by mikkytrio(m): 6:47pm On Jan 26, 2011
Please I have been looking for android apps developers thread, but found non. So please anyone with interest can hop in here lets see what can be done with a proudly Nigerian attached to its head. Because it is about that time we get things done too.
Re: Android Developers 1 by megaplaza(m): 9:21pm On Jan 26, 2011
me too, i ve been reading android devpt ebook but am yet to setup the android sdk in my netbeans. I need to download the sdk. How far have u gone with android devpt.
Re: Android Developers 1 by mikkytrio(m): 10:27pm On Jan 26, 2011
Not much yet just a couple of ideas I am creating and hoping to deploy on the android platform. Your tutorials might not be a bad idea, because I have some good basics. I have my SDK all running up on netbeans too, and a few more stuffs done. The usual text displays, "Hello android its me!", and the rest of em beginnings. working up to better apps soon though.
Re: Android Developers 1 by megaplaza(m): 7:47am On Jan 27, 2011
please can you show me the steps you took to setup the android sdk on netbeans. I installed the nbandroid plugin successful. What is left for me is to download android sdk, which due to internet speed is a problem.
Re: Android Developers 1 by mikkytrio(m): 2:25pm On Jan 27, 2011
http://wiki.netbeans.org/IntroAndroidDevNetBeans#Introducing_Android_Development_with_NetBeans

that is a step by step guide to installation and configuration of android SDK on netbeans, using Linux operating system. There is not much difference with installing on windows platform. and installation of the SDK requires alot of internet speed if you can handle that.
Re: Android Developers 1 by mikkytrio(m): 6:50pm On Jan 30, 2011
@megaplaza still no news from you any new developments from your end?. and still no nairaland pips into android development?
Re: Android Developers 1 by NumberOne2(m): 12:08am On Jan 31, 2011
I don't know the business model of Google for selling android apps, but I know that of Apple. I'll be glad if more light is shed on the Android market payment.

If Android payment requires a paypal account like blackberry then, you'll have a problem cos Nigerians aren't welcome on paypal. However, there are ways around paypal but its illegal and wouldn't encourage it.
Re: Android Developers 1 by megaplaza(m): 7:05pm On Jan 31, 2011
am fine, i have found a way of installing the sdk offline. Though i still need to download the sdk abt 80 mb. So am yet to get fast speed internet that can support that.
Re: Android Developers 1 by mikkytrio(m): 8:24pm On Jan 31, 2011
http://market.android.com/support/bin/topic.py?hl=en&topic=15867
that is the site that handles the sells of android sales.
Re: Android Developers 1 by megaplaza(m): 12:46pm On Feb 01, 2011
just search for 'android ebooks' on www.4shared.com thats where i got mine from
Re: Android Developers 1 by Mobinga: 12:33am On Feb 04, 2011
Seeing as Android is the future, I'm madly interested. Already learning some shit. Waiting for my Desire HD to land cool
Re: Android Developers 1 by Mobinga: 12:33am On Feb 04, 2011
Re: Android Developers 1 by mikkytrio(m): 7:50pm On Feb 05, 2011
@Mobinga nice one bruv.
Re: Android Developers 1 by Mobinga: 7:54pm On Feb 05, 2011
Yeah thanks. Meanwhile I have netbeans ready, jre, jdk. Give me steps to make it android dev ready. Thanks, Im a NOOB sad
Re: Android Developers 1 by mikkytrio(m): 8:05pm On Feb 05, 2011
Seems you have gotten the basics done to the end. I am guessing you have your sdk installed for you to have reached that point in the captured screen you uploaded. Create an project as usual, but this time it should be an android project when that is done run the the project as usual if it does work then we have a starting point.
Re: Android Developers 1 by Nobody: 8:45pm On Feb 06, 2011
Look up xda developers.

Got a budding android section

They might be able to help you with your enquiry
Re: Android Developers 1 by mikkytrio(m): 2:53pm On Feb 15, 2011
xda developers, has its own we are nairaladers lets have our own tab on android.
mobinga, whats new?
Re: Android Developers 1 by Cyborg2011: 6:59pm On Feb 19, 2011
Nice thread, I regret buying Samsung Wave II, after finding out no skype on that Bada OS, now highly interested with the appz in Android.

lets keep the thread on,
Re: Android Developers 1 by hasonjack: 3:24am On Feb 21, 2011
I'm down with android as well. Thinking of doing something small but problem is how many of us in Naija use an android enabled device anyway. If they do then they are not the ordinary/casual users I'm targeting. Anyway with academic wahala for the next six months, I might not be able to concentrate.

Device: Desire HD
Re: Android Developers 1 by roomtek(m): 11:52am On Feb 22, 2011
Hey guys, Im actually trying to build an Android app for Nairaland. So watch out for it in the Market soon.
Re: Android Developers 1 by hasonjack: 10:56pm On Feb 22, 2011
@roomtek. Nice
Re: Android Developers 1 by NumberOne2(m): 8:29pm On Feb 24, 2011
@roomtek,
Hey guys, Im actually trying to build an Android app for Nairaland. So watch out for it in the Market soon.
You probably should get permission from Nairaland administrators before you begin on the app development.
Re: Android Developers 1 by DAPMAN601: 9:31am On Feb 25, 2011
hi,peeps! how relievn,to see ds thread,am also learnin android,and hv my sdkc already runin,we can grow 2gda,
Re: Android Developers 1 by mikkytrio(m): 1:34pm On Feb 25, 2011
contact the administrators of Nairaland?
that is if they ever get to reply to your post for them to get in touch right?
we had an evaluation team from a Microsoft team back here at my school and I presented Nairaland as truly Nigerian and asked for an admin to contact me and all i got was a blank answer and no one even stepped up. truly Nigerian as i presumed never ready to back a brother up.
Re: Android Developers 1 by roomtek(m): 12:20pm On Feb 27, 2011
If i can find an admin ill get permission. I am not using their API's. If i can get it it will only make my work much easier.

I f anyone is interested in giving me ideas for my android apps, please tell me.

ive got a blog of em.

http://odesanmi..com/
Re: Android Developers 1 by NumberOne2(m): 3:23pm On Mar 01, 2011
I took a look at android and glanced a few books and I must say it seems interesting. Reminds me of Java.
The only problem I see is having to create apps that will run on all devices irrespective of screen size or memory capacity. I say this because different companies are embracing it and they all have different device profiles.
Definitely worth looking at.
Re: Android Developers 1 by kheme(m): 6:16pm On Mar 23, 2011
where do i sign up? as long as money making is involved, count me in!
Re: Android Developers 1 by kheme(m): 6:27pm On Mar 23, 2011
@Number_One: there are scripts (PHP, ASP, Javascript, whichever you're comfortable with) that can determine if a user is browsing your site with PC or Mobile, why not make use of one those?! it makes your site (www.greenspek.com) seem smart or intelligent.
Re: Android Developers 1 by NumberOne2(m): 11:10am On Mar 24, 2011
@ kheme, Thanks for the tip. I've put the redirect, and I must say it does look smarter. I left it that way initially so that Google and other web crawlers could record it.
I think crawlers may not bother saving a redirect page (I haven't verified if its true). This will be bad especially if its the index page of the site.
Re: Android Developers 1 by kheme(m): 11:41am On Mar 24, 2011
that's won't hinder crawlers. also, on the index page (both mobile and PC) place a link to a site map page with links to all pages you want indexed so that way, the crawlers can index your site. once the site map is setup, you can submit it to search engines and leave the rest of the crawling to them (i won't matter much if the home page redirects after this).
Re: Android Developers 1 by ceejayluv(m): 11:20am On Dec 11, 2011
Hi peeps, Finally found an Android thread, Though seems im kinda late!
Looks like most of ya r using Netbeans. I Downloaded Eclipse. Which is better? And does the android app market require a PayPal account too?
Re: Android Developers 1 by Mobinga: 11:25am On Dec 11, 2011
ceejayluv:

Hi peeps, Finally found an Android thread, Though seems im kinda late!
Looks like most of ya r using Netbeans. I Downloaded Eclipse. Which is better? And does the android app market require a PayPal account too?

Don't use Netbeans for Android development. It's seemingly impossible and a waste of time.

Android devs specifically provided an Android plugin for eclipse, is ideal and its dope as Bleep.

The market requires a google checkout account and $25 lifetime payment, that's about N4,000.

(1) (2) (Reply)

IOS Mobile App Developer Wanted / I Got Scammed!!! Devs Shine Your Eyes... / SQL And MySQL

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.