Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,444 members, 7,816,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

The Concept Of Immortality (could The Human Race Live Forever) In My Own Logic - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / The Concept Of Immortality (could The Human Race Live Forever) In My Own Logic (716 Views)

Silicon Valley Start-up Backed By Jeff Bezos Is Trying To Create Immortality(Pix / Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee / Black People Are The Prototype Of The Human Race (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Concept Of Immortality (could The Human Race Live Forever) In My Own Logic by Tomiwa69(m): 7:20am On Jun 18, 2020
Immortality in a logical sense is as simple but yet complicated as transferring the human consciousness (Soul) to a whole new embodiment of sophisticated highly advanced artificial intelligent Body..that will be transferring the human brain which housed it consciousness to a new embodiment that is immune or not likely to be constantly affected by our Sun's radiation.. It is said and proven that we were born of no consciousness.. As we integrate with our immediate society,our consciousness begin to form and we begin to av a knowledge of the society that revolves Around us..We begin to av a way of life....,when we die,that consciousness is lost..but not entirely lost in a sense that our brain is a saving box itself..and the consciousness is completely lost when the brain is not well preserved and is left to rottenness... Our next evolution is in our hands...Aving an embodiment that is immune to environmental harshness of the universe will Give our human civilization the upper Hand to explore the deepest and harshest part of our universe a mere mortal human can't explore...The human soul (consciousness) is the most priceless thing it's ever possesses..We understanding more and mapping out the Human brain will do a lot of breakthrough with these project.. As we Still av Limited knowledge of our brain..And giving the limit thr Human brain can perform.. We Need to alter our evolution and advancement with the help of an artificial intelligent that will av more knowledge of our universe.. The merging of Human and machine will be undoubtedly the greatest Thing the human civilization will ever achieve

Re: The Concept Of Immortality (could The Human Race Live Forever) In My Own Logic by JOACHINpedro: 7:28am On Jun 18, 2020
Don't go there bro!! shocked

Literally living forever is a curse!
Re: The Concept Of Immortality (could The Human Race Live Forever) In My Own Logic by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 7:34am On Jun 18, 2020
JOACHINpedro:

How is it a curse?
Re: The Concept Of Immortality (could The Human Race Live Forever) In My Own Logic by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 7:34am On Jun 18, 2020
Immortality.... patiently waiting for that day.
Re: The Concept Of Immortality (could The Human Race Live Forever) In My Own Logic by Nobody: 7:39am On Jun 18, 2020
its not possible because even the brain grows old and everything that grows old will one day die... Except you can stop ageing then i will agree
i don't want to live forever sef... Becos the sole essence of life will be gone.... Death is what makes life and living more meaningful... To know that ur days are numbered gives purpose to life
Re: The Concept Of Immortality (could The Human Race Live Forever) In My Own Logic by Tomiwa69(m): 7:39am On Jun 18, 2020
JOACHINpedro:

Living forever Is not a curse..when we are Living forever, we won't be living just for living sake...Remember we won't be in our human bodies if what I posted up is actualized.. So automatically they won't be a need for competition of basic Human needs..we won't need food that will help sustain a human body..they won't be sickness...we are also going to share Our new embodiment with an AI (Artificial intelligent) so automatically crimes will be abolished and the immortal humanoid will av the collective mind of innovation and colonization of the universe.. We begin to av great understanding and knowledge.. Eventually we will become gods ourselves.. We would av known Everything there is to know and Everything there is to invent....immortality Shouldn't be meant for Everyone tho...only Those who had significant impact in the lives of the human race

1 Like

Re: The Concept Of Immortality (could The Human Race Live Forever) In My Own Logic by Tomiwa69(m): 7:42am On Jun 18, 2020
thariodamaniac:
its not possible because even the brain grows old and everything that grows old will one day die... Except you can stop ageing then i will agree
i don't want to live forever sef... Becos the sole essence of life will be gone.... Death is what makes life and living more meaningful... To know that ur days are numbered gives purpose to life
The brain never grow old..where did u see ur findings... Yes death made life have a purpose...but when we can ulter such purpose to only a handful of individual who av collective minds to the race of becoming gods..not Everyone on earth Should be immortals Tho
Re: The Concept Of Immortality (could The Human Race Live Forever) In My Own Logic by JOACHINpedro: 7:46am On Jun 18, 2020
MASTERCHIEF0847:

How is it a curse?
Tomiwa69:

Living forever Is not a curse..when we are Living forever, we won't be living just for living sake...Remember we won't be in our human bodies if what I posted up is actualized.. So automatically they won't be a need for competition of basic Human needs..we won't need food that will help sustain a human body..they won't be sickness...we are also going to share Our new embodiment with an AI (Artificial intelligent) so automatically crimes will be abolished and the immortal humanoid will av the collective mind of innovation and colonization of the universe.. We begin to av great understanding and knowledge.. Eventually we will become gods ourselves.. We would av known Everything there is to know and Everything there is to invent....immortality Shouldn't be meant for Everyone tho...only Those who had significant impact in the lives of the human race
Re: The Concept Of Immortality (could The Human Race Live Forever) In My Own Logic by Nobody: 7:53am On Jun 18, 2020
Tomiwa69:

The brain never grow old..where did u see ur findings... Yes death made life have a purpose...but when we can ulter such purpose to only a handful of individual who av collective minds to the race of becoming gods..not Everyone on earth Should be immortals Tho
a simple google search like,"does the brain grow old"
sorry, you just said "gods" how does not dying make you a god... Becos you have achieved what no one can??... Sorry to say but to put of death won't make sense at all to me.... People would lose their morals.. Chaos will reign... Even with death present some people are this wicked, imagine when they can't die... Imagine someone like hitler achieved this and he and his men couldnt die.... Soon later all soldiers everywhere are immortal... A life without end equates chaos without end

1 Like

Re: The Concept Of Immortality (could The Human Race Live Forever) In My Own Logic by Khayceeofficial(m): 7:54am On Jun 18, 2020
God wasn't stupid creating humans the way they are...

Even our earliest parents gave a hint of what's to come if humans had immortality.
Re: The Concept Of Immortality (could The Human Race Live Forever) In My Own Logic by Nobody: 7:57am On Jun 18, 2020
Tomiwa69:

necessity is the mother of invention.... Its only becos there is need that innovation and revolution is necessary.... No needs means stagnation soon everything seizes to adapt....
Lol... I like ur idea but its not realistic.. its not practical
Re: The Concept Of Immortality (could The Human Race Live Forever) In My Own Logic by Tomiwa69(m): 7:58am On Jun 18, 2020
thariodamaniac:

a simple google search like,"does the brain grow old"
sorry, you just said "gods" how does not dying make you a god... Becos you have achieved what no one can??... Sorry to say but to put of death won't make sense at all to me.... People would lose their morals.. Chaos will reign... Even with death present some people are this wicked, imagine when they can't die... Imagine someone like hitler achieved this and he and his men couldnt die.... Soon later all soldiers everywhere are immortal... A life without end equates chaos without end
Like I Said before
Immortality Shouldn't be given to Everyone... Only those who had significant impact to the Human race...Imagine if ppl like Mandela,Abiola,Abraham Lincoln were still alive
Re: The Concept Of Immortality (could The Human Race Live Forever) In My Own Logic by Tomiwa69(m): 8:01am On Jun 18, 2020
thariodamaniac:

necessity is the mother of invention.... Its only becos there is need that innovation and revolution is necessary.... No needs means stagnation soon everything seizes to adapt....
I did a research to it..and it seem realistic and it was even praticalised tho not with Human but with a nematode
Re: The Concept Of Immortality (could The Human Race Live Forever) In My Own Logic by Tomiwa69(m): 8:05am On Jun 18, 2020
thariodamaniac:

There is Also a necessity in such inventions..given that the Human brain is limited...we need to alter our further advancement by the creation of artificial intelligent.. And once an AI Is invented we can't leave it on it own as such will be catastrophic to the human survival.. We need to become one with it
Re: The Concept Of Immortality (could The Human Race Live Forever) In My Own Logic by Nobody: 8:07am On Jun 18, 2020
Tomiwa69:

Like I Said before
Immortality Shouldn't be given to Everyone... Only those who had significant impact to the Human race...Imagine if ppl like Mandela,Abiola,Abraham Lincoln were still alive
yes, but like i said its not practical... You rule out the bad that can happen.... You forget how its so easy to fall to the wrong values like pride, ego etc... I'm trying not to be religious becos i can see that like me, you are a man that answers first to logic and reasoning.... There are always two sides of a coin... Good and evil balance each other.. Too much of one is just as bad as too much of the other.... Too much of good leads to apathy, carefree nature and stagnation and ultimately disintegration... Too much of evil leads to chaos and anarchy and ultimately destruction... Either way they leaf to the same end..... Balance is the only thing that keeps growth and evolution.... If humans didnt die their would be no need for computers since there would be no such thing as stress or tiredness which the computers relieve us of

1 Like

Re: The Concept Of Immortality (could The Human Race Live Forever) In My Own Logic by Nobody: 8:10am On Jun 18, 2020
Tomiwa69:

I did a research to it..and it seem realistic and it was even praticalised tho not with Human but with a nematode
how long did the nematode last?
Re: The Concept Of Immortality (could The Human Race Live Forever) In My Own Logic by Nobody: 8:12am On Jun 18, 2020
Tomiwa69:

There is Also a necessity in such inventions..given that the Human brain is limited...we need to alter our further advancement by the creation of artificial intelligent.. And once an AI Is invented we can't leave it on it own as such will be catastrophic to the human survival.. We need to become one with it
are you a programmer? Becos its like you don't understand AI well... The way you mention it.... Humans can be bionic but they cant just be robots without living cells except the brain
Re: The Concept Of Immortality (could The Human Race Live Forever) In My Own Logic by Tomiwa69(m): 8:15am On Jun 18, 2020
thariodamaniac:

yes, but like i said its not practical... You rule out the bad that can happen.... You forget how its so easy to fall to the wrong values like pride, ego etc... I'm trying not to be religious becos i can see that like me, you are a man that answers first to logic and reasoning.... There are always two sides of a coin... Good and evil balance each other.. Too much of one is just as bad as too much of the other.... Too much of good leads to apathy, carefree nature and stagnation and ultimately disintegration... Too much of evil leads to chaos and anarchy and ultimately destruction... Either way they leaf to the same end..... Balance is the only thing that keeps growth and evolution.... If humans didnt die their would be no need for computers since there would be no such thing as stress or tiredness which the computers relieve us of
I get ur point...but I Also know these and I stated it out..it Shouldn't be meant for Everyone... Only Those who had significant impact to the lives of our human race...Imagine ppl competing to make a significant impact to earth so as to achieve and be granted immortality as a reward... Won't the earth be a Better place...ppl will slide away from Doing crimes too...if the religion gods can make ppl do good for the Promise of an Audio immortality... Why Cant we..And it is also practical.. Do ur research
Re: The Concept Of Immortality (could The Human Race Live Forever) In My Own Logic by Tomiwa69(m): 8:17am On Jun 18, 2020
thariodamaniac:

are you a programmer? Becos its like you don't understand AI well... The way you mention it.... Humans can be bionic but they cant just be robots without living cells except the brain
Eureka,
U av said it urself..We only Need the human brain.. We only Need our consciousness (Soul) to live forever....
Re: The Concept Of Immortality (could The Human Race Live Forever) In My Own Logic by Nobody: 8:22am On Jun 18, 2020
Tomiwa69:

I get ur point...but I Also know these and I stated it out..it Shouldn't be meant for Everyone... Only Those who had significant impact to the lives of our human race...Imagine ppl competing to make a significant impact to earth so as to achieve and be granted immortality as a reward... Won't the earth be a Better place...ppl will slide away from Doing crimes too...if the religion gods can make ppl do good for the Promise of an Audio immortality... Why Cant we..And it is also practical.. Do ur research
see except you become an immortal human first and then start deciding who gets to be immortal then ur idea may work.... But how do you know that someone who is so good will not become bad in the future... How will you know that someone who you grant immortality will not become jealous of you.... If immortality is given then it can be taken... What if urs is taken by someone who is jealous.... You want to be the judge of the world and the punisher but ur not all seeing and all knowing.... You keep punishing and rewarding people for their good deeds until you will become someone that needs to be punished
can you guarantee that the future is certain with ur ideas??
Re: The Concept Of Immortality (could The Human Race Live Forever) In My Own Logic by Nobody: 8:23am On Jun 18, 2020
Tomiwa69:

Eureka,
U av said it urself..We only Need the human brain.. We only Need our consciousness (Soul) to live forever....
read it again... I meant you cant live with the brain alone
Re: The Concept Of Immortality (could The Human Race Live Forever) In My Own Logic by Nobody: 8:28am On Jun 18, 2020
Tomiwa69:

to spare you this illusion.... AI IS NOT AND CANNOT BE SMARTER THAN HUMANS... AI only knows what human know only that they adhere strictly to rules not emotions... A human tells a computer to jail anyone that causes domestic violence... Except the AI can pinpoint the cause it will take who it sees hitting the other as the cause even if its self defense..... Its that bad.. And they are that dull....
Re: The Concept Of Immortality (could The Human Race Live Forever) In My Own Logic by Blakjewelry(m): 2:39pm On Jun 18, 2020
Tomiwa69:
Immortality in a logical sense is as simple but yet complicated as transferring the human consciousness (Soul) to a whole new embodiment of sophisticated highly advanced artificial intelligent Body..that will be transferring the human brain which housed it consciousness to a new embodiment that is immune or not likely to be constantly affected by our Sun's radiation.. It is said and proven that we were born of no consciousness.. As we integrate with our immediate society,our consciousness begin to form and we begin to av a knowledge of the society that revolves Around us..We begin to av a way of life....,when we die,that consciousness is lost..but not entirely lost in a sense that our brain is a saving box itself..and the consciousness is completely lost when the brain is not well preserved and is left to rottenness... Our next evolution is in our hands...Aving an embodiment that is immune to environmental harshness of the universe will Give our human civilization the upper Hand to explore the deepest and harshest part of our universe a mere mortal human can't explore...The human soul (consciousness) is the most priceless thing it's ever possesses..We understanding more and mapping out the Human brain will do a lot of breakthrough with these project.. As we Still av Limited knowledge of our brain..And giving the limit thr Human brain can perform.. We Need to alter our evolution and advancement with the help of an artificial intelligent that will av more knowledge of our universe.. The merging of Human and machine will be undoubtedly the greatest Thing the human civilization will ever achieve
Well it is very possible but that will be in the distant future. For man to truly move beyond the solar system we need a more complex machine than this fragile body we. As for those those worry about the misuse of such advance body system, being durable doesn't mean indestructible, those body can be destroy by powerful enough weapons so you still have the police to deal with
Re: The Concept Of Immortality (could The Human Race Live Forever) In My Own Logic by Blakjewelry(m): 2:48pm On Jun 18, 2020
MASTERCHIEF0847:

How is it a curse?
it will only be a curse if you are alone, but If you have a purpose it becomes fun. Just imagine yourself on your way to alpha centauri

1 Like

Re: The Concept Of Immortality (could The Human Race Live Forever) In My Own Logic by Ghostrye: 3:31pm On Jun 18, 2020
This one is strong
Re: The Concept Of Immortality (could The Human Race Live Forever) In My Own Logic by Tomiwa69(m): 8:11pm On Jun 18, 2020
Blakjewelry:
it will only be a curse if you are alone, but If you have a purpose it becomes fun. Just imagine yourself on your way to alpha centauri
Bravooo!!
U av hit the nail on it head..pinpoint..
Re: The Concept Of Immortality (could The Human Race Live Forever) In My Own Logic by obonujoker(m): 8:23pm On Jun 18, 2020
Tomiwa69:

Human beings are too wicked to live forever

(1) (Reply)

... / UK Army Tests Suit That Can Make Their Soldiers Fly In The Air, Video Goes Viral / Nigeria’s Regulatory Clampdown Is Rattling Startups

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.