Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,293 members, 7,815,510 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:42 PM

Edo 2020: Obaseki Picks PDP Membership Card Today - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo 2020: Obaseki Picks PDP Membership Card Today (34526 Views)

Obaseki Picks 38-Year-Old Omobayo Godwin As Deputy Governor / Governor Obaseki Picks Trash As He Joins Edo Youths To Cleanup The State / Kwankwaso Supporters Burn Their PDP Membership Cards Because Of Atiku (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Edo 2020: Obaseki Picks PDP Membership Card Today by Jesusloveyou: 1:13pm On Jun 18, 2020
Jay31:

Breaking.....This was the outcome of the meeting between team Obaseki and PDP leaders last night in Abuja.

*STALEMATE* : Let the faithful PDP members decide.

*PROPOSALS/ NEGOTIATIONS*

*GOV. OBASEKI, PHILIP SHUAIBU AND THEIR TEAM* .

We will join PDP on the following terms:

1) Governorship Ticket.
2) Deputy Governorship Slot
3) Secretary to Government
4) Chief of Staff
5) 16 Commissioners
6) 15 LGA Chairmen

*PDP LEADERS AND THEIR TERMS:*

1) APC to take Deputy Governor.
2) APC to take Secretary to Government.
3) PDP to take Governor
4) PDP to take Chief of Staff
5) Commissioners 50/50
6) LGA Chairmen 50/50.

For those that are in the dark, above are details of the negotiations so far. You be aware now of what's on the table.

More details to come.
both side terms and conditions are impossible.
Meanwhile,
Oshomole only gave obaseki one commissioner,
And obaseki has be shouting of godfatherism.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo 2020: Obaseki Picks PDP Membership Card Today by ChukwuObe: 1:18pm On Jun 18, 2020
It is only in the company of fools and banana republic where kanu the albino is the leader that a man that has resigned his position to contest as deputy governor will still be laying claim to his former position after losing out without proper re-admission. Only the idiots who cannot reason will not be shameful to see that. Even it does not happen in the useless party PDP

Thank God Magnus Abe is now the leader of the APC in Rivers. Amaechi and Giadom will learn the hard way. The good news is that both of them will be suspended very soon from their wards level as it happened to Oshiomole. You will soon read how the man Giadom is sent packing by the new recognised APC chairman in his Rivers state and the rest will be history as they will be partyless. Amaechi will not contemplate going back to the PDP as Wike will teach him painful lessons there if he dares to. They will try to cry but it will be too late

3 Likes

Re: Edo 2020: Obaseki Picks PDP Membership Card Today by gentiboy: 1:18pm On Jun 18, 2020
It's a bad development, APC it's sure
Re: Edo 2020: Obaseki Picks PDP Membership Card Today by Osobi32(m): 1:20pm On Jun 18, 2020
PIMPAR:
IPOB finally buried Obaseki. But Giadom, the IPOB APC national chairman has told him to come for screening at APC headquarters today now.
Abi Giadom isn't the APC National chairman again?
u and I knows that the Apc just want to trick him to come back then Bleep him up politically. I believe him porting to pdp is actually a good move..... Even if he fails to get reelected Nigerians will remember him as a man who stood his ground and fought against the so called godfather

1 Like

Re: Edo 2020: Obaseki Picks PDP Membership Card Today by Moikiitos: 1:23pm On Jun 18, 2020
bolaayenimo:

https://www.independent.ng/edo-2020-obaseki-picks-pdp-membership-card-today/

All Nigerian politicians are just political prostitute with no morale conviction. Always moving :/
Re: Edo 2020: Obaseki Picks PDP Membership Card Today by Ekpekaycee: 1:26pm On Jun 18, 2020
PIMPAR:
IPOB finally buried Obaseki. But Giadom, the IPOB APC national chairman has told him to come for screening at APC headquarters today now.
Abi Giadom isn't the APC National chairman again?

What IPOB is and have attained, some people's forefathers, themselves and their Grand children will never be or attain. Chiikena.
Re: Edo 2020: Obaseki Picks PDP Membership Card Today by SaintLucia: 1:29pm On Jun 18, 2020
PIMPAR:

You don't mean it? Typical lazy youth. You don't know Appeal court vacated that order since March ,hence the reason Oshiomole resumed back in March. These children ehhhhhh
Na small pikin. He doesn't know the meaning of status quo.

2 Likes

Re: Edo 2020: Obaseki Picks PDP Membership Card Today by Kawabonga(m): 1:29pm On Jun 18, 2020
PIMPAR:

So why did Obaseki still go ahead to buy form from the same Oshiomole and attended the same Oshiomole screening committee when Oshiomole had been suspended according to you? Your IQ is low for my engagement. Oshiomole suspension only takes effect again from Wednesday, that was why he stepped down from the NEC meeting that was organised yesterday

Is it that you can't read or you have comprehension defect?!!

Obaseki had to go through all that process because the AC gave a " stay of execution" on the purported ruling suspending Oshiomohle... the HC gave that ruling... and then AC ordered a stay of execution.... but now... the same AC has validated the HC ruling which seeks to suspend Oshiomohle...so Obaseki was just fulfilling all righteousness by going through that process just in case...so as it stands now....if Obaseki didn't resign from the APC before that AC ruling... he would've been banking on the fact that all what Oshiomohle's arrangements was intended for would have been ruled as null and void... and then another screening process would be put in place... whereby he(Obaseki) will try and clinch the primaries ticket for himself without having any opposition from Oshiomohle...but I guess that window isn't available to him anymore.
So his best chance is to get the ticket from another party... which is preferable to him...the PDP.
Re: Edo 2020: Obaseki Picks PDP Membership Card Today by tonididdy(m): 1:36pm On Jun 18, 2020
Obidon1:
Very good move say no to godfather
But PDP is infested with godfatherism
This move is just a hunger for a 2nd term and a shaming of cAO
Re: Edo 2020: Obaseki Picks PDP Membership Card Today by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jun 18, 2020
nairavsdollars:
Who are you in Edo politics?

See pride.....

Who are you also in Edo politics? Or you the APC chairman in Edo State..... Idiot
Re: Edo 2020: Obaseki Picks PDP Membership Card Today by alen4smith(m): 1:40pm On Jun 18, 2020
joyandfaith:

Giadom struggle is about 2023. Obaseki is just secondary to his struggle.
you sabi the game
Re: Edo 2020: Obaseki Picks PDP Membership Card Today by Urchman200: 1:43pm On Jun 18, 2020
And they said Ambode was wiser?
Re: Edo 2020: Obaseki Picks PDP Membership Card Today by nairavsdollars(f): 1:50pm On Jun 18, 2020
Son of the soil and kingmaker

Gforce2015:

See pride.....

Who are you also in Edo politics? Or you the APC chairman in Edo State..... Idiot
Re: Edo 2020: Obaseki Picks PDP Membership Card Today by Ezmans: 2:00pm On Jun 18, 2020
Mysticwebb:

Cry on. Something happening in Edo, IPOB. In Kaduna, IPOB. In Katsina, IPOB. In Sokoto, IPOB. Even in your backyard you call IPOB and you think you are okay?
Your crying on IPOB matter will be eternal.
he I'll cry forever
Re: Edo 2020: Obaseki Picks PDP Membership Card Today by seanfer(m): 2:01pm On Jun 18, 2020
Kawabonga:

Is it that you can't read or you have comprehension defect?!!

Obaseki had to go through all that process because the [b]AC gave a " stay of execution" on the purported ruling suspending Oshiomohle... the HC gave that ruling... and then AC ordered a stay of execution.... but now... the same AC has validated the HC ruling which seeks to suspend Oshiomohle...so Obaseki was just fulfilling all righteousness by going through that process just in case...so as it stands now....if Obaseki didn't resign from the APC before that AC ruling... he would've been banking on the fact that all what Oshiomohle's arrangements was intended for would have been ruled as null and void... [/b]and then another screening process would be put in place... whereby he(Obaseki) will try and clinch the primaries ticket for himself without having any opposition from Oshiomohle...but I guess that window isn't available to him anymore.
So his best chance is to get the ticket from another party... which is preferable to him...the PDP.

Bros read what you wrote Up there. If there’s stay of execution as you rightly wrote. How come all that Oshiomhole did was null and void?
Pimpar is trying to correct you but you didn’t listen for the right thing.

2 Likes

Re: Edo 2020: Obaseki Picks PDP Membership Card Today by LLMG: 2:06pm On Jun 18, 2020
Edo will not be that. It will be peace all through in Edo from now onward.
realstars:
I Mean Edo Will Be War Saw See War And War See War Saw In War.
Re: Edo 2020: Obaseki Picks PDP Membership Card Today by Uzeee: 2:19pm On Jun 18, 2020
You re looking for quality Turkey wears, shoes, bags and accessories. Search no more. Zyps collections got exquisite designs for you. Follow the link to join my WhatsApp group. You will love what you see

Follow this link to join my WhatsApp group: https:///GZpejSZVkut7yxEo7vLrSG
Re: Edo 2020: Obaseki Picks PDP Membership Card Today by realstars: 2:21pm On Jun 18, 2020
LLMG:
Edo will not be that. It will be peace all through in Edo from now onward.
I Pray There Will Be Peace,
Re: Edo 2020: Obaseki Picks PDP Membership Card Today by ogbonti: 2:30pm On Jun 18, 2020
DeZoro:
I suggest that the other PDP aspirant steps down for Obaseki so that they will use this Avenue to get Edo Sate again. Obaseki is not a power drunk but a gentle man and by extension, will graciously bow out in 4 years time. The other aspirant will be judiciously compensated and if needed, give them positions or contracts.

Obaseki is a son of the soil and so other aspirants, so I think they should allow Obaseki and Shuabu finish their terms and hand over to a fresh PDP candidate in 2024.

4+4 for Obaseki and Shuabu is what we want in Edo State.

my plan for the great shuaibu

after obaseki leaves office with you as deputy governor in 2024 (PDP) - an Ishan man will be governor after Obaseki and Shuaibu should go and chill in the Senate and when that Ishan Governor is done, Shuaibu will represent Edo North and rule his own 8 years as Edo State Governor - period!!!!
Re: Edo 2020: Obaseki Picks PDP Membership Card Today by Dansuqi: 2:31pm On Jun 18, 2020
Enwhen:

Thats the best for Obaseki ...as it is now, APC has no candidate in Edo state, becuase all action taken by Oshobaba becomes null and void, since the Appeal judgement didn't favour him, the AC rulings validated the rulings of the High court which suspended Oshobaba... If Oshobaba has set aside the rulings of the high court judgement before this appeal judgement, all executive functions carried would have been valid, but presently, APC has done nothing with the suspension of Oshobaba , and Should Obaseki comes back to APC , he will be compounding his woe..presently , looking at the whole issue from the legal angle , APC has no Chairman, nobody is qualify to act including the Giadme and Ettah, because they all have one or two issues with their appointment, the NEC would only be the solution to the present state of things by calling for meeting and stating the Gov processes afresh with respect to the HC and AC rulings...tho , Info is not affected because no decision was taken by Oshobaba on ondo after his stay of execution order....this is to point out that thses our politicians are all thives , they gat not the masses at heart , anybody still celebrating them is a fool...I once told one SenatorDav about this some weeks , he argued with me , but some Christian would want to call me a prophet for this little and normal situation...

Continue talking nonsense

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo 2020: Obaseki Picks PDP Membership Card Today by Dansuqi: 2:38pm On Jun 18, 2020
fairfora:
Obaseki is not power-drunk but s gentleman. Please say it loud!!!!

The manner st which he has composed himself has clearly shown. Left to obaseki, he never wanted to leave the party he worked so hard for, staring from oshiomohle days as governor. He went to Abuja to present his nomination form to baba unlike Ortom. But oshiomohle the thug wouldn't allow him. It's only in Nigeria a thief would be calling for the arrest of an innocent man. Somebody who didn't have a certificate before being governor challenging and disqualifying a uni graduate. I wonder why people support impunity and thuggery in our politics. The comments I've been reading here
since last week suggest to me Nigeria doesn't have a future, given the manner at which lots of people who are mainly youths on NL supported oshiomohle's action, someone's who once kicked against what he wanted becoming now. Shame!

Same obaseki will want to become a godfather later.he is a gentleman but sponsored thugs to attack ize iyamu and oshiomhole, stopped the swearing in of 14 members.a real gentleman will forget about 2nd term and rest.it is not by force.both oshio and obaseki are same,and I stand with oshio

1 Like

Re: Edo 2020: Obaseki Picks PDP Membership Card Today by Dansuqi: 2:38pm On Jun 18, 2020
Jay31:

Breaking.....This was the outcome of the meeting between team Obaseki and PDP leaders last night in Abuja.

*STALEMATE* : Let the faithful PDP members decide.

*PROPOSALS/ NEGOTIATIONS*

*GOV. OBASEKI, PHILIP SHUAIBU AND THEIR TEAM* .

We will join PDP on the following terms:

1) Governorship Ticket.
2) Deputy Governorship Slot
3) Secretary to Government
4) Chief of Staff
5) 16 Commissioners
6) 15 LGA Chairmen

*PDP LEADERS AND THEIR TERMS:*

1) APC to take Deputy Governor.
2) APC to take Secretary to Government.
3) PDP to take Governor
4) PDP to take Chief of Staff
5) Commissioners 50/50
6) LGA Chairmen 50/50.

For those that are in the dark, above are details of the negotiations so far. You be aware now of what's on the table.

More details to come.

Thank you.
Re: Edo 2020: Obaseki Picks PDP Membership Card Today by Dansuqi: 2:41pm On Jun 18, 2020
monex:

most of those strong men left for apc already.

the challenge is that so many peeps in Edo APC are anti-oshiomole. APC needs to quickly unify the party ahead else PDP would likely win

Like who and who left to pdp
Re: Edo 2020: Obaseki Picks PDP Membership Card Today by Dansuqi: 2:44pm On Jun 18, 2020
monex:

Ize-Iyamu is quite popular among the grassroots but not among the middle class. His corruption is quite known among the middle class.

Majority of the voters are the masses
Re: Edo 2020: Obaseki Picks PDP Membership Card Today by Dansuqi: 2:52pm On Jun 18, 2020
ogbonti:

my plan for the great shuaibu

after obaseki leaves office with you as deputy governor in 2024 (PDP) - an Ishan man will be governor after Obaseki and Shuaibu should go and chill in the Senate and when that Ishan Governor is done, Shuaibu will represent Edo North and rule his own 8 years as Edo State Governor - period!!!!

Yes if they were in apc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo 2020: Obaseki Picks PDP Membership Card Today by PIMPAR: 3:07pm On Jun 18, 2020
Franklinn1:
It shall never be well with your family for insulting IPOB
Cc: Mnyd 44
Re: Edo 2020: Obaseki Picks PDP Membership Card Today by AOB1: 3:23pm On Jun 18, 2020
realstars:
una no go kill me for this nairaland
Re: Edo 2020: Obaseki Picks PDP Membership Card Today by AOB1: 3:23pm On Jun 18, 2020
realstars:
una no go kill me for this nairaland grin

1 Like

Re: Edo 2020: Obaseki Picks PDP Membership Card Today by ogbonti: 3:38pm On Jun 18, 2020
Dansuqi:

Yes if they were in apc

nope even in PDP

REASON IS

Igbinedion (Bini) SOUTH ruled 1999-07

Osunbor (Ishan) CENTRAL ruled 2007-08

Oshomole (Afemai) NORTH ruled 2008 - 16

Obaseki (Bini) SOUTH rule 2016- 24

so once the bini people complete their tenure in 2024, an Ishan man in PDP PROPER can become the candidate and take take the governorship to Edo CENTRAL and after that- Edo North will take over again and that can be Shuaibu

i did the math already - Osho was trying to disrupt that arrangement by bringing in Ize Iyamu who wil like to do 8 years

The Esan people need to support Obaseki to complete the 4 years so no one will even contest it with them that the next governor after Obaseki should and must be an Ishan man, while Shuaibu goes to Senate PERIOD!

1 Like

Re: Edo 2020: Obaseki Picks PDP Membership Card Today by galaxy2020(m): 3:41pm On Jun 18, 2020
Good move, thank God he did not chicken out like the weakling of Lagos state, chubby Ambode... grin grin
Re: Edo 2020: Obaseki Picks PDP Membership Card Today by Dansuqi: 4:03pm On Jun 18, 2020
ogbonti:

nope even in PDP

REASON IS

Igbinedion (Bini) SOUTH ruled 1999-07

Osunbor (Ishan) CENTRAL ruled 2007-08

Oshomole (Afemai) NORTH ruled 2008 - 16

Obaseki (Bini) SOUTH rule 2016- 24

so once the bini people complete their tenure in 2024, an Ishan man in PDP PROPER can become the candidate and take take the governorship to Edo CENTRAL and after that- Edo North will take over again and that can be Shuaibu

i did the math already - Osho was trying to disrupt that arrangement by bringing in Ize Iyamu who wil like to do 8 years

The Esan people need to support Obaseki to complete the 4 years so no one will even contest it with them that the next governor after Obaseki should and must be an Ishan man, while Shuaibu goes to Senate PERIOD!

No.apc will still win Edo
Re: Edo 2020: Obaseki Picks PDP Membership Card Today by goaldynboy: 4:06pm On Jun 18, 2020
Tareq1105:

[s]So what is Wike to obaseki? Na godfather. I heard he was begging for Shaibu and his boys at the meeting. [/s]

An incumbent Governor cannot be a godfather to another incumbent Governor! It is impossible and has never happen before!

But we are not surprised how irredeemable zombies like you think in this Nairaland!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Rotimi Amaechi Hosts Governors, Top Political Figures In His Abuja Residence / Beatrice Agba: Buhari Appoints Minister Goddy Agba's Wife As Solicitor-General / Australian Students Urge Nigerians To Vote For Peter Obi (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.