Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,475 members, 7,819,733 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:58 PM

Fraud: UAE Prosecutor Explains Why Hushppupi, Others Were Arrested - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Fraud: UAE Prosecutor Explains Why Hushppupi, Others Were Arrested (1532 Views)

EndSars: We Have Received Reports Of Crimes - ICC Prosecutor, Fatou Bensouda / South African Brothel Where Nigerians Were Arrested, To Be Demolished. Photos / Two Men Slept With A Boy In Imo And Were Arrested (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fraud: UAE Prosecutor Explains Why Hushppupi, Others Were Arrested by HappyNigerian: 10:59am On Jun 18, 2020
Popular Nigerian Instagram celebrity, Hushpuppi arrested 10 June in Dubai is being held by Dubai Police and not America’s FBI or Interpol as widely reported.

UAE’s online newspaper, The National reported Wednesday that he was arrested on multiple fraud charges, along with 12 other accomplices.

The paper also revealed his real name as Raymond Abbas and his real age as 38 years.

His case has been referred to the Dubai public prosecution and is currently being questioned by prosecutors at the Bur Dubai section, the paper reported.

“The prosecutors have charged him for “obtaining money from others through fraudulent means.”

According to UAE National, security officers in the emirate arrested Mr Abbas and 12 others for online fraud that targets companies and individuals.

“They would send out letters from email addresses almost identical to those of legitimate companies, targeting customers of these companies, with the purpose of diverting payments to themselves,” said a senior prosecutor, quoted by the paper.

“Initial information includes that he was part of this gang which fraudulently obtained cash and cars from people.

“His statement was taken by prosecution but this is just the beginning of prosecution investigations.”

The paper also reported that Raymond Abbas is wanted for fraud crimes in Europe, the United States and Nigeria.

Mr Abbas has over two million followers on Instagram. He is known for his display of wealth on social media.

He often posts pictures with his luxury cars like Ferrari and Rolls Royce and a private jet.

https://www.inform.ng/post/fraud-uae-prosecutor-explains-why-hushppupi-others-were-arrested

Re: Fraud: UAE Prosecutor Explains Why Hushppupi, Others Were Arrested by Religion6: 11:00am On Jun 18, 2020
Lol
Re: Fraud: UAE Prosecutor Explains Why Hushppupi, Others Were Arrested by Captainrambo2: 11:05am On Jun 18, 2020
Well, if hushpuppi was from the other side we will be seeing it everyday on print media with his ibo name attached. Now its almost as if nothing happened

We re doing ourselves. The same way we faced jonathan that made buhari , elrufai import bandits into Nigeria.

Shey now all the self styled activists are now pretending like they dont know how buhari came to be president lipsrsealed

5 Likes

Re: Fraud: UAE Prosecutor Explains Why Hushppupi, Others Were Arrested by BlowYourMind: 11:19am On Jun 18, 2020
Captainrambo2:
Well, if hushpuppi was from the other side we will be seeing it everyday on print media with his ibo name attached. Now its almost as if nothing happened

We re doing ourselves. The same way we faced jonathan that made buhari , elrufai import bandits into Nigeria.

Shey now all the self styled activists are now pretending like they dont know how buhari came to be president lipsrsealed

What about Efe, where is Allen Onyema and bishop Ozulubu, tribe of criminals scammers and swindlers have no say, face your scamming and swindling business in Alaba

2 Likes

Re: Fraud: UAE Prosecutor Explains Why Hushppupi, Others Were Arrested by Captainrambo2: 11:29am On Jun 18, 2020
BlowYourMind:
What about Efe, where is Allen Onyema and bishop Ozulubu, tribe of criminals scammers and swindlers have no say, face your scamming and swindling business in Alaba
abeg carry your whala go.

No time for your type
Re: Fraud: UAE Prosecutor Explains Why Hushppupi, Others Were Arrested by Babaibejii: 11:37am On Jun 18, 2020
Pls after servung his time in dubai. He shld be sent to europe, America and finally Nigeria to serve for all.his crimes till death. Ole Barawo banza
Re: Fraud: UAE Prosecutor Explains Why Hushppupi, Others Were Arrested by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jun 18, 2020
Make I siddon here just in case.

One thing is, I always believe if legal people can make it in life, I too can make it without cutting corners.
I never get intimidated with whatever I see online, it only motivates me to double my hustle.
The only person that intimidates me is MYSELF!!!
Re: Fraud: UAE Prosecutor Explains Why Hushppupi, Others Were Arrested by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jun 18, 2020
Ode
Re: Fraud: UAE Prosecutor Explains Why Hushppupi, Others Were Arrested by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jun 18, 2020
southniyikaye:
Make I siddon here just in case.

One thing is, I always believe if legal people can make it in life, I too can make it without cutting corners.
I never get intimidated with whatever I see online, it only motivates me to double my hustle.
The only person that intimidates me is MYSELF!!!

Nothing but the truth
Re: Fraud: UAE Prosecutor Explains Why Hushppupi, Others Were Arrested by Blackmann001: 2:59pm On Jun 18, 2020
Well, wot can I say.. Not even sure I will enjoi life half what he enjoid till I die.... Mk ein feel..my own side of the world small...

Wish him. Luck!
Re: Fraud: UAE Prosecutor Explains Why Hushppupi, Others Were Arrested by wizod(m): 3:35pm On Jun 18, 2020
Captainrambo2:

they hate us with passion but God has been vindicating us.
Re: Fraud: UAE Prosecutor Explains Why Hushppupi, Others Were Arrested by Captainrambo2: 4:10pm On Jun 18, 2020
wizod:
they hate us with passion but God has been vindicating us.
meanwhile you people should call ipob to other.... thanks.

Ipob is made up too many illiterates drinking Kanu propaganda
Re: Fraud: UAE Prosecutor Explains Why Hushppupi, Others Were Arrested by Voy(m): 4:22pm On Jun 18, 2020
Re: Fraud: UAE Prosecutor Explains Why Hushppupi, Others Were Arrested by wizod(m): 4:56pm On Jun 18, 2020
Captainrambo2:
meanwhile you people should call ipob to other.... thanks.

Ipob is made up too many illiterates drinking Kanu propaganda
the man and the group is what made our eyes of understanding to be opened. Had it been they are not in existence, igbo land would've been ravaged by now. Nnamdi Kanu is the most wisest man i've ever seen and IPOB is a freedom fighting non violent organisation, the world knows about it, so stop been myopic.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Teenager Faces Life Imprisonment In UK For Molesting An 11 Year Old / Agberos And Miscreants Clashed In Mile12; Not Hausas And Yorubas / Men Arrested With Crushed Human Heads Hidden In Bread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.