Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,278 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:20 AM

Ronaldo Branded Most Selfish Footballer After Not Taking Penalty In Napoli Game - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ronaldo Branded Most Selfish Footballer After Not Taking Penalty In Napoli Game (74272 Views)

Cristiano Ronaldo Branded 'Selfish And Damaging' By Man Utd Team-mates (Photos) / Fans Excited As Osimhen Dribbles Gattuso In Napoli's Training (Photos) / Arsenal Goalkeeper Ospina Collapses During Napoli Game (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ronaldo Branded Most Selfish Footballer After Not Taking Penalty In Napoli Game by SmartyPants(m): 5:57pm On Jun 18, 2020
izzyboi:

You can't please everyone. People like that should simply be ignored
If he had taken the first or second penalty, then Dybala and Danilo lost theirs eventually, people would still talk

He lost his last penalty and was probably not confident enough.
Also the last penalty is very decisive too because of tensions

Another thing people forget is teams don't just go out there and do whatever they like. Something must have happened in the training or maybe the coach's instructions

PS; All this is not a defense for Ronaldo. Juve and Cr7 were lacklustre yesterday.

To me, Sarri is clueless!
Ronaldo lost confidence?

Cristiano Ronaldo? You do not seem to know who you are talking about. The Ronaldo we know if he loses a penalty he will demand to take the next one to prove himself.

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Branded Most Selfish Footballer After Not Taking Penalty In Napoli Game by LordKO(m): 6:00pm On Jun 18, 2020
Mariangeles:

They should leave this dude alone.
Football has barely even started, and the media has already begun to stir hate. Ronaldo is always their favourite target.

Avid fan of Ronaldo spotted, we the fans of any winning team/star at any given time have seen someone to visit our anger whenever he fails to deliver.
Re: Ronaldo Branded Most Selfish Footballer After Not Taking Penalty In Napoli Game by FuckDaMods: 6:03pm On Jun 18, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
The coward was waiting to take the last penalty so he can claim the glory
Penaldo for a reason

Damnnnnn
Op is a beautiful girl who loves football
Your boyfriend must be a real niggarrr
If not that your boy friend is a real niggarrr i would have suggest we hang out. But you know real niggarrrz don't fuckkk with the girl friends of other real niggarrrz if not that real niggarrr will pull the trigger. And i have to retaliate by pulling my own trigger. As a result of that the hood will no longer be safe for any body. Including the girl we are fighting for

You always talk bad about CR7 in every given opportunity but cry when you see others talk bad about Messi. Have some respect kid.

3 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Branded Most Selfish Footballer After Not Taking Penalty In Napoli Game by pek(m): 6:06pm On Jun 18, 2020
Relax, Ronaldo lost 2 finals in a row and Messi fans are slandering him because his teammates missed the pens. Imagine the feeling of losing 3 international finals in a row and missing a penalty yourself in the final? Ronaldo remains untouchable. But yes, #SarriOut.

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Branded Most Selfish Footballer After Not Taking Penalty In Napoli Game by charlesm91(m): 6:07pm On Jun 18, 2020
dumininu01:
bro sarri is not better than Zidane grin grin even though I loved the style of football Napoli played under him... Zidane has proven himself with the three ucl trophies... That feat is not easy even guardiola n Ferguson did not win 3 ucl back to back
no mind the guy. Person wey don dey coach for how many years and couldn’t even win spoon if no be say Chelsea help him career. Gattuso don win something with napoli - what Sarri couldn’t do. He should go back to banking. Sarri ball is shit.

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Branded Most Selfish Footballer After Not Taking Penalty In Napoli Game by FuckDaMods: 6:10pm On Jun 18, 2020
Whobedatte:
No Eder , no Guedes, no Ramos to save this obalende goat this time around.
Most Overrated player in the history of the game.
Tips to being a Messi fan is having the brain located inside the anus. They all think they are making sense but are actually very stupid.

2 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Branded Most Selfish Footballer After Not Taking Penalty In Napoli Game by NORSYK(m): 6:26pm On Jun 18, 2020
eni4real:

But he has 5goals, 4 assists in 2016 Copa tournament!!

Why can't his Argentina's teammates saved him the same way Van Der Saar and Cristiano teammates saved him in 2008 UCL after a missed penalty??

At least they owe him one.. They all missed thier penalties in 2015!!!

But Messi never scored in that final unlike CR7 who scored before Van Der Saar saved Anelka's penalty kick.

2016 Copa America Messi scored 5 goals with no assist.
Higuain scored 4 goals with 1 assist
Re: Ronaldo Branded Most Selfish Footballer After Not Taking Penalty In Napoli Game by Mastakija(m): 6:27pm On Jun 18, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
The coward was waiting to take the last penalty so he can claim the glory
Penaldo for a reason

Damnnnnn
Op is a beautiful girl who loves football
Your boyfriend must be a real niggarrr
If not that your boy friend is a real niggarrr i would have suggest we hang out. But you know real niggarrrz don't fuckkk with the girl friends of other real niggarrrz if not that real niggarrr will pull the trigger. And i have to retaliate by pulling my own trigger. As a result of that the hood will no longer be safe for any body. Including the girl we are fighting for

u neva ready
Re: Ronaldo Branded Most Selfish Footballer After Not Taking Penalty In Napoli Game by Slynation(m): 6:28pm On Jun 18, 2020
BigJoe19:
Messi missed a penalty in the penalty shoot out that was why he was blamed, Messi has disappointed more times than Ronaldo.
reference was World cup... But yet Messi has delivered more than Ronaldo...
Re: Ronaldo Branded Most Selfish Footballer After Not Taking Penalty In Napoli Game by Abizzye(m): 6:33pm On Jun 18, 2020
Ronaldo is a useless player � he's too selfish � I don't know why Ronaldo's team always plays a Penalty Shoot-out in finals��
But for Messi he's the G.O.A.T

Re: Ronaldo Branded Most Selfish Footballer After Not Taking Penalty In Napoli Game by Henri8: 6:34pm On Jun 18, 2020
Ronaldo is the SHEEP while Merci is the "GOAT".
Re: Ronaldo Branded Most Selfish Footballer After Not Taking Penalty In Napoli Game by Scout60(m): 6:36pm On Jun 18, 2020
Akuruoulo:

what made him selfish ?
is he the one that missed those penalties , or he probably want Juventus to miss miss the trophy?

but if juventus were to play last and win the cup he will take the penalty? Then remove his jersey as the man of the match
Re: Ronaldo Branded Most Selfish Footballer After Not Taking Penalty In Napoli Game by dumininu01(m): 6:38pm On Jun 18, 2020
paulolee:

yes i said that and would say that again...zidane perfomed wonders with madrid back then because he had cr7 on his peak and a wonderful squad to pick from bt he NEVER DID THE TREBLE IN ONE SEASON IN SPAIN like pep did...critics do say lionel messi and those fantastic xavi and iniesta helped pep to achieved dt and it seems so because he cnt win the ucl again with bayern and city and same goes for zidane, zizou won ucl back to back to back wich is nice but still he haven't proven himself because of ths cr7 factor, now cr7 is gone and they are still finding thier feet back, is it not still the same zidane dt pep gave a classical lecture when city won madrid in spain?? the second leg is coming can u bet ur cash that ur zizou would get even a draw in etihad?? guy my point is dt zizou av tried bt its based on cr7 and luck, if u disagree with me, let him perform wonders with dis current madrid squad, or no be the same zidane and madrid he won 3 ucl with be this?
You have a point tho but if u remember vividly Benitez was in charge before Zidane came and he did nothing with the squad... Zidane has good man management skills that's what people don't know... This current madrid squad is still under rebuild...
Re: Ronaldo Branded Most Selfish Footballer After Not Taking Penalty In Napoli Game by dumininu01(m): 6:41pm On Jun 18, 2020
charlesm91:
no mind the guy. Person wey don dey coach for how many years and couldn’t even win spoon if no be say Chelsea help him career. Gattuso don win something with napoli - what Sarri couldn’t do. He should go back to banking. Sarri ball is shit.
Exactly even gattuso won with napoli...Banking bawo cheesy cheesy...
Re: Ronaldo Branded Most Selfish Footballer After Not Taking Penalty In Napoli Game by promisedeco(m): 6:49pm On Jun 18, 2020
tesppidd:
He's the best player in the World 6 times.

Nobody ever did that.

He's the best ever!

cheesy cheesy
see as you de dodge after shooting yourself on the leg

Re: Ronaldo Branded Most Selfish Footballer After Not Taking Penalty In Napoli Game by promisedeco(m): 6:52pm On Jun 18, 2020
Whobedatte:
No Eder , no Guedes, no Ramos to save this obalende goat this time around.
Most Overrated player in the history of the game.
so, Eder wey play less than 25mins in total in the competition is the hero Shebi? my brother....
Re: Ronaldo Branded Most Selfish Footballer After Not Taking Penalty In Napoli Game by tesppidd: 6:56pm On Jun 18, 2020
promisedeco:

see as you de dodge after shooting yourself on the leg
That's in your own delusion.

We are talking about penalty shoot outs you jumped into whether he won or not.

Is that the discussion or are you suffering from stupidity syndrome?

Messi always goes first in penalties. Ronaldo always goes last.

That's the discussion. Stick to it and stop being a boob.
Re: Ronaldo Branded Most Selfish Footballer After Not Taking Penalty In Napoli Game by Mariangeles(f): 7:05pm On Jun 18, 2020
LordKO:

Avid fan of Ronaldo spotted, we the fans of any winning team/star at any given time have seen someone to visit our anger whenever he fails to deliver.

I'm a fan of two football clubs: Arsenal and Ronaldo grin
Re: Ronaldo Branded Most Selfish Footballer After Not Taking Penalty In Napoli Game by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jun 18, 2020
NORSYK:

But Messi never scored in that final unlike CR7 who scored before Van Der Saar saved Anelka's penalty kick.

2016 Copa America Messi scored 5 goals with no assist.
Higuain scored 4 goals with 1 assist
What is the difference between 1:1 leading to penalty
And O:0 leading to a penalty??

It is a penalty shootouts!! John Terry slip won the game for Man United and good teammates of Cristiano!!

When you are trying to talk about Messi, don't just limit yourself to his goals(he is not a mere Cristiano), always remember the number of chances he has created for Argentine Aiyegbeni called Higuain and all other players that could have scored from the chances he created!!!
Re: Ronaldo Branded Most Selfish Footballer After Not Taking Penalty In Napoli Game by paulolee(m): 7:09pm On Jun 18, 2020
dumininu01:
You have a point tho but if u remember vividly Benitez was in charge before Zidane came and he did nothing with the squad... Zidane has good man management skills that's what people don't know... This current madrid squad is still under rebuild...
yea n dts my point...to have good man management isnt d same as to be tactically good...ur good management may work well with a good squad and not on an average team bt good tactically would work on both cases...sarri is good tactically and his sarri ball is no fluke because he took dt average napoli with judt higuain and callejon dt flopped in madrid and achieved 90+ points for napoli and also playing beautiful football with so much confidence like barca and city isnt easy, forget the fact dt Chelsea and juve did not working as planned and i think its because he dnt av any say on transfers here unlike in naples, sarri i kno dnt need cr7 as a striker to his attacking lineup and cr7 is there in italy and juve for just business...

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Branded Most Selfish Footballer After Not Taking Penalty In Napoli Game by engrchykae(m): 7:17pm On Jun 18, 2020
NORSYK:
Ronaldo being blamed for 2 other professional football players missing from 12 yards.
CR7 haters are brainless
good team leaders step up and take the first penalty to raise the morale of the team.
In Spain of 2008/2012,xabi Alonso will take the first, followed by xavi, iniesta, Ramos, Silva, Villa, Torres.
Before the little fabregas,Juan mata and others will take.
It's like Portuguese guys are glory hunters.
Cr7 and Jose Mourinho had one thing in common, hunting for glory while others work hard.
Re: Ronaldo Branded Most Selfish Footballer After Not Taking Penalty In Napoli Game by Shugargal(f): 7:26pm On Jun 18, 2020
Even Cr7 himself know say he's a very selfish human.. he want make dem de always glorify him. mtwwww
Re: Ronaldo Branded Most Selfish Footballer After Not Taking Penalty In Napoli Game by dboo442: 8:17pm On Jun 18, 2020
uunwanaobong3:
English FA is trying to start what they can not finish...................... From writing an inscription of "black lives matter" (a political inscription of a far left U.S Democrat) at the back of players jersey to forcing all players to take a knee (a political symbol), ..... According to FIFA law, political symbol and messages no matter how good it is should never be mixed with football, neither should any political message nor symbol be written on players jersey, that football belongs to all irrespective of your side of opinion.

It would have been better for English FA to used "say no to racism" than for them to use "black lives matter" (a political message) in premier league,....... Infact it would have been so perfect if the NHS was written in place of "black lives matter" in order to pay tribute to doctors who are currently at the Frontline saving lives of others and losing their own lives .............. Also it would have been much better for them to say that taking a knee should be optional rather than being compulsory for all players............. mixing football with politics is a very dangerous acts.............. infact FA should immidiately apologize for banning the use of poppy (a figure that seeks to honour world war 2 fallen hero soldiers) on players jerseys, because it is also for a noble cause ............................................. I wouldn't be surprised if players from now henceforth start to displays political figures and messages about various oppressive regime and evil act committed by their various government in their singlet and displaying them during matches (they will be justified in doing so, because it is also about a noble cause of freedom)......... I hope this will not bring about double standard, since political freedom messages can be express, I believe that no one should be denied freedom of expressing his own freedom political message.
And forcing everyone to kneel irrespective of their opinion is bad for a global fundamental human rights of freedom of taught and expression................... Football is a game for all (whether white, black, brown, purple etc) and the message displayed should be inclusive to all races,... Not pitting one race against another.............. AS FOR ME, "all lives matter"
they now know that black matters because majority of all the doctors across the globe are black,i think right now they need black more than black need them
Re: Ronaldo Branded Most Selfish Footballer After Not Taking Penalty In Napoli Game by promisedeco(m): 8:22pm On Jun 18, 2020
tesppidd:
That's in your own delusion.

We are talking about penalty shoot outs you jumped into whether he won or not.

Is that the discussion or are you suffering from stupidity syndrome?

Messi always goes first in penalties. Ronaldo always goes last.

That's the discussion. Stick to it and stop being a boob.
since you want me to spell it out for you, I will.

Ronaldo plays last because that's so much pressure and responsibility that comes with playing last - which by the way he can absorb.

have you lot ever complained about Ronaldo playing the last pk when his team wins....? NO.

was yesterday the first time he 'played' last...? No.

Did he miss his....? No.

Did he even play....? No.

So, where's the hate coming from?

If he had played first you suckers will say " why did he play first? The Ronaldo we know always plays last. He knew they would lose, so he wanted to save his face"

Hate won't remove anything from him bro. it can only make you WITCH

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Branded Most Selfish Footballer After Not Taking Penalty In Napoli Game by tesppidd: 8:29pm On Jun 18, 2020
promisedeco:

since you want me to spell. it out for you, I will.

Ronaldo plays last because that's so much pressure and responsibility that comes with playing last - which by the way he can absorb.

have you lot ever complained about Ronaldo playing the last pk when his team wins....? NO.

was yesterday the first time he 'played' last...? No.

Did he miss his....? No.

Did he even play....? No.

So, where's the hate coming from?

If he had played first you suckers will say " why did he play first? The Ronaldo we know always plays last. He knew they would lose, so he wanted do save his face"

Hate won't remove anything from him bro. it can only make you WITCH
Nonsense

In the penalty shoot out between Portugal and Spain at Euro 2012, i think so

There came a point, I think the 3rd penalty where Portugal absolutely needed to score to stay alive.

At that point they needed their best penalty take to step forward.
But what did Mr glory hunter do?

He still was waiting for the last penalty so that the headlines would read;

"Ronaldo sends Portugal to the final"

"Ronaldo holds his nerve to rescue Portugal"

The best penalty take in a team should go first not last.

Ronaldo loves to go last to steal all the glory from the team as usual.
Re: Ronaldo Branded Most Selfish Footballer After Not Taking Penalty In Napoli Game by Dmanlex(m): 9:02pm On Jun 18, 2020
Haters of C.baba wailing is allow
Re: Ronaldo Branded Most Selfish Footballer After Not Taking Penalty In Napoli Game by BigJoe19: 9:06pm On Jun 18, 2020
Slynation:
reference was World cup... But yet Messi has delivered more than Ronaldo...
How? What has Messi won for his country even the abundant talent surrounding him, his poor performance for country makes the argument of Ronaldo fans saying he has nothing apart from being a Barcelona legend valid.
Re: Ronaldo Branded Most Selfish Footballer After Not Taking Penalty In Napoli Game by promisedeco(m): 9:10pm On Jun 18, 2020
tesppidd:
Nonsense

In the penalty shoot out between Portugal and Spain at Euro 2012, i think so

There came a point, I think the 3rd penalty where Portugal absolutely needed to score to stay alive.

At that point they needed their best penalty take to step forward.
But what did Mr glory hunter do?

He still was waiting for the last penalty so that the headlines would read;

"Ronaldo sends Portugal to the final"

"Ronaldo holds his nerve to rescue Portugal"

The best penalty take in a team should go first not last.

Ronaldo loves to go last to steal all the glory from the team as usual.
you speak rubbish!

speaking of 2012 nonsense you mentioned... in your world of ignorance, have you ever heard about penalty takers list...? oh yes! I forgot, your ignorance won't let you.

mention at least 2 players who are well known penalty takers who take the first pk in a shootout?
Re: Ronaldo Branded Most Selfish Footballer After Not Taking Penalty In Napoli Game by tesppidd: 9:27pm On Jun 18, 2020
promisedeco:

you speak rubbish!

speaking of 2012 nonsense you mentioned... in your world of ignorance, have you ever heard about penalty takers list...? oh yes! I forgot, your ignorance won't let you.

mention at least 2 players who are well known penalty takers who take the first pk in a shootout?
I can't cure you of your folly even if I tried.

Team players sometimes consider exigencies even in the middle of shoot ours in determining their order of penalties.

Ronaldo takes penalties last because he wants to take the glory all to himself.

Stop wailing.
Re: Ronaldo Branded Most Selfish Footballer After Not Taking Penalty In Napoli Game by promisedeco(m): 9:54pm On Jun 18, 2020
tesppidd:
I can't cure you of your folly even if I tried.

Team players sometimes consider exigencies even in the middle of shoot ours in determining their order of penalties.

Ronaldo takes penalties last because he wants to take the glory all to himself.

Stop wailing.
I love Messi. He has my respect but I'm not a fanatic like yah.

just mention 2 well known penalty takers who play first in a shootout? I dare you.

Arguing out of hatred is not good for the soul. just like I said, it makes you a witch. have a good night rest. #shallom
Re: Ronaldo Branded Most Selfish Footballer After Not Taking Penalty In Napoli Game by Playermayweda(m): 9:55pm On Jun 18, 2020
FLYFIRE:

Are you DRUNK this early? Do you think before you speak

I think you should ask yourself that question man,U don't just quote anybody on this forum asking them stupid questions

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Portugal Vs Spain: The Moment Ronaldo Scored Free-Kick Goal To Tie At 3:3 / Odion Ighalo In A Manchester United Shirt (First Picture) / Isaac Promise Is Dead! Former Nigerian Captain Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.