Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,903 members, 7,821,143 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:53 AM

Freelancers Have You Been Ripped Off... - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Freelancers Have You Been Ripped Off... (448 Views)

Vacancy!!! 20 Freelancers Needed To Work On A Project / Wordpress As Aviable Platform For Freelancers / Freelancers, Business Owners Get In Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Freelancers Have You Been Ripped Off... by Chuky7(m): 1:18pm On Jun 18, 2020
Freelancers have you ever been ripped off your work...

Whether be it not been paid full or what you agreed on or not being paid at all...

Am talking about those who do one time gigs like write movie scripts. Website designers. Graphic designers. Story publishers...

There was this one time I did a work for a European(I think Italian) we linked via a freelance site(cant remember the name, the site is dead now). Well I agreed on doing the work. It was going to take me a week...

To keep it short I finished it on time(in 5 days, since I was totally free at that time) only for baba Italian to let me know that he will not be paying what we agreed on. I asked what the matter was, maybe he didn't like how the work was done. He said no that it was better than he imagined...

I was confused. He then told me that I finished up too early meaning it was an easy task, so he doesn't have to spend that much...

I had to change it for him...I tried to let him know if that's how things are done over there. He spat at in rage too and blocked me on our medium of communication...

Well that was it...I was upset for the rest of the week but glad I at least got part of what we agreed on...

I do think that you are likely to face less problems from foreigners than locals as a freelancer...Yes a few of them have loose screw but the others outweigh them...

Just be cautious and apply good principles and practices while working as a freelancer...

3 Likes

Re: Freelancers Have You Been Ripped Off... by Chuky7(m): 1:19pm On Jun 18, 2020
Cc Mukina2 Cc Lalasticlala take it away...
Re: Freelancers Have You Been Ripped Off... by Runningwater(m): 6:19am On Jun 19, 2020
Chuky7:
Freelancers have you ever been ripped off your work...

Whether be it not been paid full or what you agreed on or not being paid at all...

Am talking about those who do one time gigs like write movie scripts. Website designers. Graphic designers. Story publishers...

There was this one time I did a work for a European(I think Italian) we linked via a freelance site(cant remember the name, the site is dead now). Well I agreed on doing the work. It was going to take me a week...

To keep it short I finished it on time(in 5 days, since I was totally free at that time) only for baba Italian to let me know that he will not be paying what we agreed on. I asked what the matter was, maybe he didn't like how the work was done. He said no that it was better than he imagined...

I was confused. He then told me that I finished up too early meaning it was an easy task, so he doesn't have to spend that much...

I had to change it for him...I tried to let him know if that's how things are done over there. He spat at in rage too and blocked me on our medium of communication...

Well that was it...I was upset for the rest of the week but glad I at least got part of what we agreed on...

I do think that you are likely to face less problems from foreigners than locals as a freelancer...Yes a few of them have loose screw but the others outweigh them...

Just be cautious and apply good principles and practices while working as a freelancer...

Hello there, please what programming language(s) you used and platform for it. I've been looking for way to contact freelance programmers on Narialand for experience in order to get into freelancing, was rejected by upwork yesterday.
Re: Freelancers Have You Been Ripped Off... by betonnaira: 6:59am On Jun 19, 2020
why do u expect to get paid when u call ur self

FREE LANCE
Re: Freelancers Have You Been Ripped Off... by Chuky7(m): 8:06am On Jun 19, 2020
betonnaira:
why do u expect to get paid when u call ur self

FREE LANCE

Lol...

And the bomb is dropped...
Re: Freelancers Have You Been Ripped Off... by Chuky7(m): 8:08am On Jun 19, 2020
Runningwater:

Hello there, please what programming language(s) you used and platform for it. I've been looking for way to contact freelance programmers on Narialand for experience in order to get into freelancing, was rejected by upwork yesterday.

Web developer...

By platform what do you mean...where I learnt or site for the job?...

why were you rejected..

Am still learning though...

1 Like

Re: Freelancers Have You Been Ripped Off... by Runningwater(m): 1:56pm On Jun 19, 2020
Chuky7:

Web developer...

why were you rejected..

Okay. In your context(web dev) the platform means where the codes run on. For front end dev the platform is the web browser and others maybe, while for back end is web severs.
Re: Freelancers Have You Been Ripped Off... by Runningwater(m): 1:58pm On Jun 19, 2020
Chuky7:

Web developer...

why were you rejected..

I don't know why upwork rejected my application but it hurts. Where do you do freelancing online?

(1) (Reply)

[2021] Newest Original Miracle Box / Database Programmer / .eucy Trojan Remover, Please Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.