Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,855 members, 7,817,529 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

Top 7 Nigerian Flops In English Premier League History - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Top 7 Nigerian Flops In English Premier League History (47572 Views)

From Hazard & Pepe → Xhaka & Lingard, Here Are September Flops Of The Month / Shane Long Scores Fastest Ever Goal In Premier League History (Photos) / The Toughest Players Ever In The English Premier League History (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 7 Nigerian Flops In English Premier League History by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jul 01, 2020
bluefilm:
But wait o...

How come no Nigerian player has ever played for Real Madrid or Barcelona?

Na wa o!
A Nigerian has played for Madrid one adebayo or something I've forgotten.
Re: Top 7 Nigerian Flops In English Premier League History by OdenKelechi(m): 12:18pm On Jul 01, 2020
So even success was not a success.....nawa o
Re: Top 7 Nigerian Flops In English Premier League History by bluefilm: 12:47pm On Jul 01, 2020
SegFault:

A Nigerian has played for Madrid one adebayo or something I've forgotten.

Emmanuel Adebayor is from Togo.
Re: Top 7 Nigerian Flops In English Premier League History by okewumi: 1:57pm On Jul 01, 2020
Issac Success is the real Malian. The guy was busy fu*king prostitute in England. There was a time he was caught doing party. That guy bad gan
Re: Top 7 Nigerian Flops In English Premier League History by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jul 01, 2020
bluefilm:

Emmanuel Adebayor is from Togo.
I ham not hunderstanding hagain. Where did the name come from?
Re: Top 7 Nigerian Flops In English Premier League History by frog12: 3:00pm On Jul 01, 2020
dis players no know say the coach dey measure their performance each time they have an opponent.

you no score, time to go !!!

jay jay okocha was a good dribbler, but always forgets to score. its about scoring!!!
Re: Top 7 Nigerian Flops In English Premier League History by bluefilm: 3:05pm On Jul 01, 2020
SegFault:

I ham not hunderstanding hagain. Where did the name come from?

Maybe probably from his Yoruba ancestry.

But then, having A yoruba name does not necessarily make you a Yoruba or a Nigerian as such.

Hope you know that?

Emmanuel Adebayor is a Togolese.

End of story.
Re: Top 7 Nigerian Flops In English Premier League History by robosky02(m): 3:36pm On Jul 01, 2020
optimusprime2:

Nope, I disagree, the best striker that Nigeria exported to the premier league is Nwankwo Kanu... check the stats.

He's not even second best, because Shola Amoebi takes that spot very comfortably.
We talking not just about goals, but assists, all round performance and titles.

I've treated this before check my other thread

Best Nigeria EPL players
Re: Top 7 Nigerian Flops In English Premier League History by robosky02(m): 3:54pm On Jul 01, 2020
bluefilm:
But wait o...

How come no Nigerian player has ever played for Real Madrid or Barcelona?

Na wa o!

Amunike and Guadiola and Mourinho

Re: Top 7 Nigerian Flops In English Premier League History by samwash(m): 8:09pm On Jul 01, 2020
jagorinho:

martins was OK too, although his stint was short with Newcastle but age killed aghahowa, he was the most dedicated striker I watched play for the national team, it was a pity that my dream partnership of him with martins materialised late and very short but I really love and adore both players, Assuming Aghahowa came to England in his prime ( real prime) , we may be talking about another thing now.

You are right Abt Martin, he was onces a degenous striker in Europe when he was with inter.
Another person I remember is Osaze Odemwingie also a very good striker before coming to EPL to become a flop.
I don't kwn why Nigerian strikers that are doing well in other league comes to the EPL at old age to fool their selves.
Meanwhile, look at Osime, young vibrant player good as well. Hope He will not come to the EPL at old age ooo !!!
Re: Top 7 Nigerian Flops In English Premier League History by NarnieAceTech: 8:28pm On Jul 01, 2020
samwash:

You are right Abt Martin, he was onces a degenous striker in Europe when he was with inter.
Another person I remember is Osaze Odemwingie also a very good striker before coming to EPL to become a flop.
I don't kwn why Nigerian strikers that are doing well in other league comes to the EPL at old age to fool their selves.
Meanwhile, look at Osime, young vibrant player good as well. Hope He will not come to the EPL at old age ooo !!!
Re: Top 7 Nigerian Flops In English Premier League History by NarnieAceTech: 8:31pm On Jul 01, 2020
samwash:

Both Osazee and Martins wey huge success in their first two seasons at their clubs. I think Osaze had a fall out with the club and that was what actually ended his West Brom stint. As for Obagoal Martins, he was very deadly in his first and second season as well, I don't know why he left for Wolfburg
Re: Top 7 Nigerian Flops In English Premier League History by Mryacks: 7:01pm On Jul 03, 2020
robosky02:
Top 7 Nigerian Flops In English Premier League History

https://www.completesports.com/top-7-nigerian-flops-in-english-premier-league-history/

Aghahowa was a huge disappointment...ironically he was supposed to be in his prime when he made that move but only God knows what happend. Age perhaps. He was too good then not to have made an impact in the EPL.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Super League Showdown: Agnelli Resigns. Juve, Chelsea Others Leave ECA / Photo Of Super Eagles After Their Victory Match Against Zambia / Incredible Atlanta Mercedes Stadium (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.