Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,776 members, 7,820,716 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:06 PM

How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed (442 Views)

How Do I Retrieve Money I Borrowed My Crush? / Tips on how to retrieve your money after you have been scammed. / PLEASE HELP- Flip Cash, I Have Been Scammed 25k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by Skillsnigeria: 4:35pm On Jun 18, 2020
How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed
I am sharing a knowledge today on "Tips on how to retrieve your money after you have been scammed".
Please read careful and learn.
20% of social media users and shoppers have been scammed at one point or the other, either large bucks or small money and It's quite painful.
Many people don't always know what to do, so today am sharing with you things you do, when you realize a page you paid for a service or goods is ghosting you:
1. Screenshot all previous chats across all messaging app (IG and WhatsApp or FB).
2. Write out the Full name and account number of the page or person.
3. Go to the last notification your bank sent you after you made the payment (via mobile app or text).
4. Go to the last notification your bank sent you after you made the payment (via mobile app or text) copy out the "TRANSACTION ID NUMBER".
5. Go to any branch of the scam artist's bank (the bank the scammer uses), ask to see the CUSTOMER SERVICE in charge of FRAUD.
6. If you can, print out all those chats with the scammer, and submit it.
While you are there, send an email to SCAMMER'S BANK and copy CBN FRAUD DESK *(anticorruptionunit@cenbank.o
rg).* this will ginger the bank to take it up fast.
What should you expect from this? The culprit/suspects account will be PLACED ON HOLD.
Meaning he/she cannot transfer or withdraw until they visit the bank, and when they do, the bank will contact the police and the suspect when proven guilty will sign a waiver allowing the bank to refund your money.
Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by Olayinka777(m): 4:40pm On Jun 18, 2020
Boss,it is not as easy as u stated it here in Nigeria o!

1 Like

Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by Skillsnigeria: 4:45pm On Jun 18, 2020
Olayinka777:
Boss,it is not as easy as u stated it here in Nigeria o!

Yes,but you can still try it.it work for some
Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by thesolutions(m): 4:52pm On Jun 18, 2020
Can Bank of Nigeria will not reply your email.
Best option, get police report, go to any central bank office and make a complain and collect a directive letter from the central bank branch. Central bank will send a copy of the letter to the bank of the culprits to provide kyc information of the customer to the police and efcc. YOU can go and relax for the law enforcement to do their job and get back to you when they have a lead.

I have not done it before though. But my emails to central bank of Nigeria were not responded to.
Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by PremierGuy(m): 8:17pm On Jun 18, 2020
This informative, but is it effective?
Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by Skillsnigeria: 9:31pm On Jun 18, 2020
smiley

(1) (Reply)

Business Partner Needed Urgently / Banks Now Debiting Debtors External Account, Withdraw N50m In Nine Days / What Good Business Can Someone Start With Between 100k And 200k?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.