Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,143 members, 7,815,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:33 AM

My Study In Cucumber Farming: A Lucrative But Adventurous Journey. - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Study In Cucumber Farming: A Lucrative But Adventurous Journey. (691 Views)

Is Snake Farming A Profitable Business? / I Need An Expert In Cucumber Plantation For Quick Employment.. / Downy Mildew Disease In Cucumber (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Study In Cucumber Farming: A Lucrative But Adventurous Journey. by Onlinefarmstore: 8:32pm On Jun 18, 2020
Compiled By: David Ezeonyekwere(Founder of Dece Agro and Farms).

Variety Used: Greengo Fone,Saira F one, Mona Lisa F one & Cu nine nine .

Fertilizer Used: Organic & Synthetic.

Type of Farming: Open Field with the use of drip irrigation.

Season Of Farming: Dry and Raining Season.

Location For Study: Delta, Lagos, Ondo, Osun and Oyo.

Duration Of Study: one year and nine months. (Concurrently amongst all locations)

Challenges Encountered: Fungal, Insects, and Water.

Size Of Land Used For Study: A plot (hundred ft by hundred ft, approximately thirty one by thirty one m).

Spacing Used: thirty cm by one m.

Harvest: six weeks, max plus three day.

A single cucumber plant when handle properly can give an average of five cucumbers per plants(for the above listed variety, you get up to seven sometimes).
Using a spacing of zero point three cm and two plants per hole, you get two hundred per thirty m ridge. Say we keep twenty percent of each ridge population as mortality, we have hundred and eight per ridge, multiplied by thirty ridges, we get five thousand four hundred plants. Now each plants can yield five fruits, multiplied by five thousand four hundredequals twenty seven thousand fruits. A bag of cucumber is between eighty to hundred fruits on an average,( though higher for greengo f one around ninety to hundred and twenty for it).
Dividing, we get two hundred and seventy bags
bags, and a bag of cumcumber is averagely four thousand naira in the above used states for case study, (we are using three naira ), that equals eight hundred and ten thousand naira in one months of harvest.

Observation: From the third harvest of cucumber, the size begins to drop and such the big consume more, and there is lots of cucumber abortion.

Note: Prone regularly, I recommend every two weeks, right application of fertilizer and sprays.

Conclusion: While study might necessary mean conclusion, provides a guildline to my experience in cumcumber farming.
Factor in cost of fertilizer and other factors.

Learn more about us via: https:/decagro
Follow @cheapmarketdeal on Facebook, Google and Instagram
Call zero eight one three four zero zero seven zero five (WhatsApp Enabled).
Re: My Study In Cucumber Farming: A Lucrative But Adventurous Journey. by smartz5311: 10:07pm On Sep 19, 2020
Onlinefarmstore Your phone number isn't right. Please cross check.:
Compiled By: David Ezeonyekwere(Founder of Dece Agro and Farms).

Variety Used: Greengo Fone,Saira F one, Mona Lisa F one & Cu nine nine .

Fertilizer Used: Organic & Synthetic.

Type of Farming: Open Field with the use of drip irrigation.

Season Of Farming: Dry and Raining Season.

Location For Study: Delta, Lagos, Ondo, Osun and Oyo.

Duration Of Study: one year and nine months. (Concurrently amongst all locations)

Challenges Encountered: Fungal, Insects, and Water.

Size Of Land Used For Study: A plot (hundred ft by hundred ft, approximately thirty one by thirty one m).

Spacing Used: thirty cm by one m.

Harvest: six weeks, max plus three day.

A single cucumber plant when handle properly can give an average of five cucumbers per plants(for the above listed variety, you get up to seven sometimes).
Using a spacing of zero point three cm and two plants per hole, you get two hundred per thirty m ridge. Say we keep twenty percent of each ridge population as mortality, we have hundred and eight per ridge, multiplied by thirty ridges, we get five thousand four hundred plants. Now each plants can yield five fruits, multiplied by five thousand four hundredequals twenty seven thousand fruits. A bag of cucumber is between eighty to hundred fruits on an average,( though higher for greengo f one around ninety to hundred and twenty for it).
Dividing, we get two hundred and seventy bags
bags, and a bag of cumcumber is averagely four thousand naira in the above used states for case study, (we are using three naira ), that equals eight hundred and ten thousand naira in one months of harvest.

Observation: From the third harvest of cucumber, the size begins to drop and such the big consume more, and there is lots of cucumber abortion.

Note: Prone regularly, I recommend every two weeks, right application of fertilizer and sprays.

Conclusion: While study might necessary mean conclusion, provides a guildline to my experience in cumcumber farming.
Factor in cost of fertilizer and other factors.

Learn more about us via: https:/decagro
Follow @cheapmarketdeal on Facebook, Google and Instagram
Call zero eight one three four zero zero seven zero five (WhatsApp Enabled).

2 Likes

Re: My Study In Cucumber Farming: A Lucrative But Adventurous Journey. by Shittusuliat1: 2:20pm On Sep 23, 2020
Please where are you in oyo and do you teach people how to go about it?
Re: My Study In Cucumber Farming: A Lucrative But Adventurous Journey. by IRIENBOY(m): 3:22pm On Sep 23, 2020
Ok
Re: My Study In Cucumber Farming: A Lucrative But Adventurous Journey. by Onlinefarmstore: 12:08pm On Sep 24, 2020
Shittusuliat1:

Am not based in SW Just I was opportuned to carry out the study.... Though you can check out my jobs and know more about us via g.page/cheapmarketdeal or on Instagram and Facebook @cheapmarketdeal
Re: My Study In Cucumber Farming: A Lucrative But Adventurous Journey. by Onlinefarmstore: 12:08pm On Sep 24, 2020
Shittusuliat1:

or we could arrange for a one on one class
Re: My Study In Cucumber Farming: A Lucrative But Adventurous Journey. by Nezzjnr: 2:52pm On Sep 24, 2020
At least a picture of your farm will do na cheesy
Re: My Study In Cucumber Farming: A Lucrative But Adventurous Journey. by Onlinefarmstore: 3:38pm On Sep 24, 2020
Nezzjnr:
At least a picture of your farm will do na cheesy

check out my IG page @cheapmarketdeal
Re: My Study In Cucumber Farming: A Lucrative But Adventurous Journey. by Nezzjnr: 3:46pm On Sep 24, 2020
Onlinefarmstore:

check out my IG page @cheapmarketdeal
Seen

You're doing well bro

Try and go at a commercial scale
Re: My Study In Cucumber Farming: A Lucrative But Adventurous Journey. by Onlinefarmstore: 6:30am On Sep 25, 2020
Nezzjnr:

Seen

You're doing well bro

Try and go at a commercial scale

Thank you sir..

But we are already doing that, we are trying to move to. the SW or SE or SS just to prove to us that this things can grow anywhere

(1) (Reply)

Pig Farming Business Plan / Fonio Acha For Sale In Abuja For #1,500. / Former President Goodluck Jonathan Is Africa’s Agriculture Technology Ambassador

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.