Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:06 AM

JUST IN!!! Gov. Umahi Begins Construction Of International Airport (photos) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / JUST IN!!! Gov. Umahi Begins Construction Of International Airport (photos) (5006 Views)

Sanusi Arrives Lagos Airport (photos) / Sanusi Lamido Begins Journey To Exile, Arrives Abuja Airport (Photos, Video) / Just In: Gov. Ugwuanyi Of Enugu state returns, Clears All 17 Lgas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: JUST IN!!! Gov. Umahi Begins Construction Of International Airport (photos) by johnmartus(m): 6:09am On Jun 19, 2020
Your mother pretty than this woman? I like Abike dabiri she position the bastard to their place. And for the airport it's not concern Yoruba people Because we have no business in God for shaken land. Hardly you will see yoruba in the southeast except on official duty.
OreMI22:
I'm quietly waiting for "advisers" from the pit of hell to come up with a thousand and one reason why Ebonyi should not be served via an airport. But their Godforsaken states in cocoa land have airports.

I remember how they hoofed and puffed during the construction of Owerri airport that it wasn't needed and won't be viable. Citing Ibadan & Akure airport as example. They did the same hoofing and puffing out their spleen during construction of Asaba airport. Meanwhile they ignored or failed to offer their "advise" to the governors constructing the Dutse , Gombe and Bauchi airport where it was needed due to the nature of the people that rarely traveled!

They are already doing same "advise" for Anambra International cargo airport, and i bet you they will descend here in no time to do the same. grin

Shameless people like this one below! grin

1 Like

Re: JUST IN!!! Gov. Umahi Begins Construction Of International Airport (photos) by Ogbuu101: 7:25am On Jun 19, 2020
OreMI22:
I'm quietly waiting for "advisers" from the pit of hell to come up with a thousand and one reason why Ebonyi should not be served via an airport. But their Godforsaken states in cocoa land have airports.

I remember how they hoofed and puffed during the construction of Owerri airport that it wasn't needed and won't be viable. Citing Ibadan & Akure airport as example. They did the same hoofing and puffing out their spleen during construction of Asaba airport. Meanwhile they ignored or failed to offer their "advise" to the governors constructing the Dutse , Gombe and Bauchi airport where it was needed due to the nature of the people that rarely traveled!

They are already doing same "advise" for Anambra International cargo airport, and i bet you they will descend here in no time to do the same. grin

Shameless people like this one below! grin

I'm an Ebonyian.
The consensus is that Ebonyi doesn't need an airport AT THIS TIME.
Ebonyi receives d lowest or 2nd lowest allocation, poor IGR and Enugu airport is just 40mins away from the state capital.

2 Likes

Re: JUST IN!!! Gov. Umahi Begins Construction Of International Airport (photos) by BeautifulMind2: 7:27am On Jun 19, 2020
Kosiso12:
JUST IN!!! Gov. Umahi Begins Construction of International Airport (Photos)

By Wisdom Nwedene

Governor David Nweze Umahi of Ebonyi State has kicked off the construction of an international Airport in the State, Igbere TV reports.

IGBERE TV correspondent who visited the site reports that over 40 3 by 3 Pillar base of the Airport Terminal has so far been completed.

This means that in less than 18 months from now, Ebonyi will have an International Airport that will connect her directly to the world.

Stay with Igbere TV. Africa's No1 Community TV.

https://www.facebook.com/192893700739192/posts/3655950961100098/
I hope it won't be aboudon like Osun Airport

3 Likes

Re: JUST IN!!! Gov. Umahi Begins Construction Of International Airport (photos) by BeautifulMind2: 7:30am On Jun 19, 2020
MKO Abiola international airport project site is now grazing land for hernsmen, after spending billions grin

1 Like

Re: JUST IN!!! Gov. Umahi Begins Construction Of International Airport (photos) by Kosiso12(f): 1:24pm On Jun 19, 2020
Cc, Lalasticlala, Mynd44
Re: JUST IN!!! Gov. Umahi Begins Construction Of International Airport (photos) by phyiktor(m): 2:31pm On Jun 19, 2020
shaibu123:
How many well equipped hospital is in Ebonyi state.Why do you need airport in Ebonyi when you can only drive 40 minutes to Enugu airport.
Dualize Enugu/Abakaliki express road,is well cheaper than starting a project that can never be completed.

I wanted not login before but seeing diz I have to login and comment...have u seen the new health care center been built inside FETHA II..I support Gov Dave decision to build an airport in ebonyi state..see the medical center e is building in his hometown..confirm ur information before talking

1 Like

Re: JUST IN!!! Gov. Umahi Begins Construction Of International Airport (photos) by Staro: 2:44pm On Jun 19, 2020
Good
Re: JUST IN!!! Gov. Umahi Begins Construction Of International Airport (photos) by mabea: 3:10pm On Jun 19, 2020
Dave Umahi the talk and do governor

1 Like

Re: JUST IN!!! Gov. Umahi Begins Construction Of International Airport (photos) by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jun 19, 2020
International airport for Airbonyi?

I can't believe it.

Money better spent on other sectors to grow the economy of that state.

Governors and white elephant projects sha.
Re: JUST IN!!! Gov. Umahi Begins Construction Of International Airport (photos) by mabea: 3:23pm On Jun 19, 2020
TripleOh7:
International airport for Airbonyi?
I can't believe it.
Money better spent on other sectors to grow the economy of that state.
Governors and white elephant projects sha.
Don't brag yourself in thinking that your state is better than Ebonyi

3 Likes

Re: JUST IN!!! Gov. Umahi Begins Construction Of International Airport (photos) by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jun 19, 2020
mabea:
Don't brag yourself in thinking that your state is better than Ebonyi

What's my state?
Re: JUST IN!!! Gov. Umahi Begins Construction Of International Airport (photos) by mabea: 3:53pm On Jun 19, 2020
TripleOh7:

What's my state?
Wherever you came from notwithstanding
Re: JUST IN!!! Gov. Umahi Begins Construction Of International Airport (photos) by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jun 19, 2020
mabea:
Wherever you came from notwithstanding

You don't know my state, so you can't justify your statement.

Besides, what I said is the truth irrespective of where I come from.

Do you think that airlines are going to operate that airport?

Do you guys even know what it takes to create an international airport?

How many people are entering Ebonyi state or leaving Ebonyi state for international travels that warrants an international airport for that tiny state?

You think an airline like Emirates or Virgin will come and park its Boeing on your tarmac and be waiting for when it will fill up?

Let's be realistic please.

That money will go a long way to help create small, medium and large scale entrepreneurs.

This will boost the economic activities in the state and then we can now talk of an airport.

Not everyone who is criticizing this this hates the state.

God knows I don't have any reason to.

I cursed Aregbesola for starting an airport project that I predicted could never be completed and if it was, it'd be a huge waste of resources.

Eventually, the useless b*stard couldn't even pay salaries.

Let's tell ourselves the truth even if it hurts.

This isn't Igbo versus Yoruba.

This is our us versus our useless and wicked leaders.
Re: JUST IN!!! Gov. Umahi Begins Construction Of International Airport (photos) by splendour7(m): 4:51pm On Jun 19, 2020
johnmartus:
Your mother pretty than this woman? I like Abike dabiri she position the bastard to their place. And for the airport it's not concern Yoruba people Because we have no business in God for shaken land. Hardly you will see yoruba in the southeast except on official duty.
why Is This Wan Ranting?
Re: JUST IN!!! Gov. Umahi Begins Construction Of International Airport (photos) by AsabaPropertyAg(m): 4:52pm On Jun 19, 2020
Building Airport is not the problem but where are the passengers that will attract Airlines to the Airport, let me state it again, we have only 5 viable Airports in Nigeria which are located in Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Kano and Owerri this is according to FAAN. We have many Airports in Nigeria both Federal and States that are not contributing anything to the Federal Government and States but incurring debts to the Federal Government in terms salaries and wages. I don't even know why Federal Government is still granting Licences to states to build more Airports in Nigeria.
Re: JUST IN!!! Gov. Umahi Begins Construction Of International Airport (photos) by mabea: 7:10pm On Jun 19, 2020
TripleOh7:

You don't know my state, so you can't justify your statement.

Besides, what I said is the truth irrespective of where I come from.

Do you think that airlines are going to operate that airport?

Do you guys even know what it takes to create an international airport?

How many people are entering Ebonyi state or leaving Ebonyi state for international travels that warrants an international airport for that tiny state?

You think an airline like Emirates or Virgin will come and park its Boeing on your tarmac and be waiting for when it will fill up?

Let's be realistic please.

That money will go a long way to help create small, medium and large scale entrepreneurs.

This will boost the economic activities in the state and then we can now talk of an airport.

Not everyone who is criticizing this this hates the state.

God knows I don't have any reason to.

I cursed Aregbesola for starting an airport project that I predicted could never be completed and if it was, it'd be a huge waste of resources.

Eventually, the useless b*stard couldn't even pay salaries.

Let's tell ourselves the truth even if it hurts.

This isn't Igbo versus Yoruba.

This is our us versus our useless and wicked leaders.
All right. Well your points are not out of place however, knowing how Umahi operates I can assure you that this project will be completed in real time. The economic side of it may not show immediately but trust me it might just be a choice destination for other users from
Abia, Imo, cross River etc. Definitely it will come good.

I heard Ethiopia Airlines has a stake in it somehow

1 Like

Re: JUST IN!!! Gov. Umahi Begins Construction Of International Airport (photos) by SLAP44: 7:15pm On Jun 19, 2020
shaibu123:
How many well equipped hospital is in Ebonyi state.Why do you need airport in Ebonyi when you can only drive 40 minutes to Enugu airport.
Dualize Enugu/Abakaliki express road,is well cheaper than starting a project that can never be completed.

Shame should be caching you sometimes.
Re: JUST IN!!! Gov. Umahi Begins Construction Of International Airport (photos) by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jun 19, 2020
mabea:
All right. Well your points are not out of place however, knowing how Umahi operates I can assure you that this project will be completed in real time. The economic side of it may not show immediately but trust me it might just be a choice destination for other users from
Abia, Imo, cross River etc. Definitely it will come good.

I heard Ethiopia Airlines has a stake in it somehow

Well, it's good to be optimistic. Let's hope I'm wrong then.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

PDP Accuses Buhari Of Using The EFCC To Hound Dissenting Voices / Mr Goodluck Jonathan - Please Read This / Your Take On The Calibre Of People In The Flood Committee?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.