Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,320 members, 7,811,947 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:44 AM

Arsenal Have Paid Mesut Ozil £8,000 A Minute For NOT Playing This Season - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Arsenal Have Paid Mesut Ozil £8,000 A Minute For NOT Playing This Season (24123 Views)

See All The Unwanted Records Arsenal Have Broken After Losing 4th Game At Home / Arsenal FC Paid Mesut Ozil £8mil Loyalty Bonus / Kobe Bryant's Death: Helicopter Dropped More Than 2,000 Feet A Minute, NTSB Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Have Paid Mesut Ozil £8,000 A Minute For NOT Playing This Season by DatAbujaBoy: 1:03pm On Jun 19, 2020
T
Re: Arsenal Have Paid Mesut Ozil £8,000 A Minute For NOT Playing This Season by IceLip: 1:03pm On Jun 19, 2020
Hmm
Re: Arsenal Have Paid Mesut Ozil £8,000 A Minute For NOT Playing This Season by EmekaBlue(m): 1:08pm On Jun 19, 2020
Ozil cashing out

Arsenal wahala concern dem
Re: Arsenal Have Paid Mesut Ozil £8,000 A Minute For NOT Playing This Season by Aeoner4: 1:09pm On Jun 19, 2020
Re: Arsenal Have Paid Mesut Ozil £8,000 A Minute For NOT Playing This Season by dayveed1(m): 1:10pm On Jun 19, 2020
Huncho19:
7 weeks old canary mastiff for sale. Contact In my signature below.
I messaged you on whatsapp
Re: Arsenal Have Paid Mesut Ozil £8,000 A Minute For NOT Playing This Season by Itisallright: 1:12pm On Jun 19, 2020
Fredlongs:
See as ASSnal de scatter this guy career... My dear Ozil! I still like the guy but he should leave ASSnal coz it's not just about the money
abeg who scatter his carrier? Pls tell your club to come for him....
Re: Arsenal Have Paid Mesut Ozil £8,000 A Minute For NOT Playing This Season by lereinter(m): 1:18pm On Jun 19, 2020
Liposure:
Earning so much and doing little. Ozil is a scam i swear. The earlier they do away with him the beta 4 arsenal

How's he a scam, did he put a gun to their head when agreeing to the contract sum?

If they can't afford him they should sell him

All this media stunt can't reverse the contract they signed

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Have Paid Mesut Ozil £8,000 A Minute For NOT Playing This Season by idrisreal002(m): 1:23pm On Jun 19, 2020
What happens if Arsenal decides to cut ties with ozil now?
Anyway am happy Chelsea signed ziyech and Timo! Expecting a powerful defender and a less proud goalie.

Now to business
If you need to send messages in style to a loved one, or customize your display pics for the social media contact
We'll take care of your graphic needs.

Re: Arsenal Have Paid Mesut Ozil £8,000 A Minute For NOT Playing This Season by paulolee(m): 1:25pm On Jun 19, 2020
waste of money...for dt big eyed lazy dumb fella
Re: Arsenal Have Paid Mesut Ozil £8,000 A Minute For NOT Playing This Season by Eberex(m): 1:29pm On Jun 19, 2020
How e take concern una
Re: Arsenal Have Paid Mesut Ozil £8,000 A Minute For NOT Playing This Season by sammysmiles(m): 1:30pm On Jun 19, 2020
Negojo:
Good topic
You your self know it's either you die at dis your young age or live in full poverty at old age.... Fool....
Re: Arsenal Have Paid Mesut Ozil £8,000 A Minute For NOT Playing This Season by TOPCRUISE(m): 1:50pm On Jun 19, 2020
The worst players in arsenal are the most expensive; Ozil, Pepe, Mustafi embarassed

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Have Paid Mesut Ozil £8,000 A Minute For NOT Playing This Season by Inception100: 1:50pm On Jun 19, 2020
ozil my man, I love the guy before oo... after trying all his best @his first three season, the guy man tire.

he guy change, no motivation again.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Have Paid Mesut Ozil £8,000 A Minute For NOT Playing This Season by smartval(m): 2:00pm On Jun 19, 2020
obembet:
After seeing Arsenal's restart optimism washed away in a Manchester downpour, Mikel Arteta spoke of needing to 'delete the 3-0 loss from the hard drive'.

Arteta no doubt wishes he could do something similar with Mesut Ozil.

The German didn't even make Arsenal's 20-man squad at the Etihad Stadium with the Gunners manager answering 'tactical reasons' when pressed for an explanation.
Not many words but it spoke volumes for the absurd situation Arsenal find themselves in with a player who costs them a cool £350,000 each and every week yet doesn't even make the squad for one of the biggest games of the season.

With the enforced three-month break promising to throw an element of chaos into the Premier League season, Arsenal might have sniffed an opportunity to inflict a rare defeat on City.

And so, logically, you'd want your top earner and by extension one of your best players, to at least be there on the night.

But no - Ozil wasn't carrying an injury but was left at home anyway. Not trusted to make an impact against City, it would seem.

In truth, Ozil would likely have done little to change a nightmare return that saw a 3-0 defeat compounded by two injuries and David Luiz's kamikaze performance.

It is incredibly difficult to recall the last time he put in a game-changing performance and this season has just underlined why Arsenal need to get him out of their squad and off their wage bill at the earliest opportunity.

In 23 appearances and 1,812 minutes across all competitions this season, Ozil has scored one goal and contributed three assists.

He's made 1,051 passes - an average of 45.7 per match - and a grand total of 20 tackles, which equates to the token effort of almost one per game.

Ozil brings in £350,000 each week and, let's not forget, he was one of the Arsenal players who point-blank refused to take a 12.5 per cent pay cut when the coronavirus shutdown started.

That means in the 45 weeks since Arsenal's season started on August 11, Ozil has cost the club £15.75million in wages alone.
It doesn't take a genius to work out that Ozil is ambling along at a rate of £15.75m per goal this season and £5.25m per assist.

Every pass has cost Arsenal £14,986 and each tackle a whopping £787,500. By the way, 14 of his 17 tackles in Premier League games were fouls.

His 1,812 minutes on the field work out at £8,692 a minute but it's the time when Ozil is sitting idle that must really stick in the craw for Arsenal.

Arsenal have played for 1,968 minutes without Ozil on the pitch, so they've paid him £8,003 per minute for not doing anything while a game has been going on.

During this time he may have been sat on the bench or, as happened frequently under Unai Emery at the beginning of the season, left out of the squad altogether.

Of Arsenal's opening 10 Premier League matches of the season, he was named by Emery in just three squads and played a mere 71 minutes.

There were mitigating circumstances. Over the summer, Ozil and team-mate Sead Kolasinac were ambushed and threatened at knifepoint by attackers on mopeds in north-west London.

He was left out of the Premier League opener against Newcastle amid security concerns but otherwise Ozil was fit and available, just not selected.

Eventually, he returned to Emery's favour in November but produced next to nothing in the games immediately prior to the Spaniard's sacking.

And it's fair to say that Arteta has given Ozil a second chance to reassert his class since coming in. Indeed, Ozil had started every league game under Arteta until Wednesday night.

But decent performances have been few and far between, with just one goal and one assist contributed by a player supposed to turn games in Arsenal's favour.

Ozil is 31 and contracted to Arsenal until next summer. It means this summer will be their last opportunity to make any money on him - or simply save spending on his pay packet.

But nobody seems interested in taking him and his extortionate wages on and Ozil could see out his contract while doing next to nothing at the Emirates.

It now remains to be seen whether Arteta brings him back into the fold having left him out against City. Perhaps his refusal to join team-mates in sacrificing a portion of his salary - Ozil still would have brought home £306,250 a week after the cut - is being punished.

It seems illogical that Arteta would have rested Ozil for winnable upcoming fixtures against Brighton and Southampton when a statement needed to be made against City.

Arsenal's latest financial accounts showed a loss and that was before the cataclysmic impact of Covid-19, which has stripped away matchday revenue for the foreseeable future.

Owner Stan Kroenke and his son Josh, a non-executive director, are known to want to trim the bloated £230m wage bill.

Clearly the best place to start is right at the top. But will Ozil budge anytime soon?

Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8435375/amp/Arsenal-paid-Mesut-Ozil-8-000-minute-NOT-playing-season.html

Now this is the real yahoo boy
Re: Arsenal Have Paid Mesut Ozil £8,000 A Minute For NOT Playing This Season by Harbey92(m): 2:09pm On Jun 19, 2020
grin
Re: Arsenal Have Paid Mesut Ozil £8,000 A Minute For NOT Playing This Season by grandstar(m): 2:27pm On Jun 19, 2020
GOFRONT:
COYG!!!!
Re: Arsenal Have Paid Mesut Ozil £8,000 A Minute For NOT Playing This Season by FahBuLous: 2:33pm On Jun 19, 2020
Football is Good business generally... cool

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Have Paid Mesut Ozil £8,000 A Minute For NOT Playing This Season by Tinyemeka(m): 2:37pm On Jun 19, 2020
Re: Arsenal Have Paid Mesut Ozil £8,000 A Minute For NOT Playing This Season by YoungAncient1: 2:58pm On Jun 19, 2020
Things only arsenal fc can do.
Re: Arsenal Have Paid Mesut Ozil £8,000 A Minute For NOT Playing This Season by Decimus: 3:05pm On Jun 19, 2020
Arsenal Legend to Ozil: Relinquish the number 10 jersey to the incoming willian.

Willian set to take the number 10 Jersey at Arsenal.
Re: Arsenal Have Paid Mesut Ozil £8,000 A Minute For NOT Playing This Season by Decimus: 3:11pm On Jun 19, 2020
Aeoner4:
7 days =24*7 =168hrs

168hrs *60mins =10,080mins

Going by how much he earns per week = £350,000

£350,000 /10,080mins = £34.72

=> that's how much, op, he earns per minute.
Learn to read and understand

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Have Paid Mesut Ozil £8,000 A Minute For NOT Playing This Season by jamesversion: 3:23pm On Jun 19, 2020
Özil is way bigger than Arsenal. They should be happy a player of his pedigree is on their books.

Arsenal of today is on same level with Everton, Southampton and Watford.

They are even doing a disservice to Mesut Özil. They should show some respect. Which name dey Arsenal nau?
Re: Arsenal Have Paid Mesut Ozil £8,000 A Minute For NOT Playing This Season by Hndrrxxx(m): 3:54pm On Jun 19, 2020
Y'all hypocrites not talking about Paul Pogba Mind your business #COYG
Re: Arsenal Have Paid Mesut Ozil £8,000 A Minute For NOT Playing This Season by vvvbobby205(m): 4:00pm On Jun 19, 2020
Is it your money?
Re: Arsenal Have Paid Mesut Ozil £8,000 A Minute For NOT Playing This Season by Tonymegabush1(m): 4:05pm On Jun 19, 2020
Heard man u bid for him....

Re: Arsenal Have Paid Mesut Ozil £8,000 A Minute For NOT Playing This Season by seanjy4konji: 4:31pm On Jun 19, 2020
You too can train your self to academy so he or she can collect..

Don't envy another man per sec billing..
Re: Arsenal Have Paid Mesut Ozil £8,000 A Minute For NOT Playing This Season by onlinecashers: 4:33pm On Jun 19, 2020
Oh
Re: Arsenal Have Paid Mesut Ozil £8,000 A Minute For NOT Playing This Season by Roman7(m): 4:42pm On Jun 19, 2020
Sebastine1994:
my 6 years old neighbor beat me very well, I was 10. I went to report him to my mother, it was a bad mistake.
she beat me, and ask me to go for return match. if you see how I beat that boy, from the bottom of my heart

today we are best friends, arsenal made a bad mistake, this covid19 break no charge the

lol.....u self how u go allow person way dey 6 beat u ur mama try.
Re: Arsenal Have Paid Mesut Ozil £8,000 A Minute For NOT Playing This Season by Sebastine1994(m): 5:10pm On Jun 19, 2020
Roman7:

lol.....u self how u go allow person way dey 6 beat u ur mama try.
I swear
Re: Arsenal Have Paid Mesut Ozil £8,000 A Minute For NOT Playing This Season by tradetips: 5:52pm On Jun 19, 2020
Really
Re: Arsenal Have Paid Mesut Ozil £8,000 A Minute For NOT Playing This Season by Realadey(m): 5:59pm On Jun 19, 2020
Ise kekere owo nla ni Ozil o

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Neal Maupa Says Arsenal Players Need To Learn Humility / Will You Still Watch El Clasico Without The Rivalry Between Messi And Ronaldo? / Benzema Breaks Champions League Record With Hat-Trick Against PSG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.