Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,662 members, 7,809,503 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:39 AM

What Is The Reason For Cutting Baby's Hair In Islam? - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What Is The Reason For Cutting Baby's Hair In Islam? (23951 Views)

Sadaqa Is A Reason For The Increase In Provision / Palm Wine In Islam / Artificial Insemination To Get A Child: Is It A Sin In Islam? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Reason For Cutting Baby's Hair In Islam? by fjjc(m): 10:21am On Jun 26, 2020
Xmuslim:

I'm no more a Muslim, but I have answer to your question.

Shaving children hair and killing animal as a sacrifice on behalf of the baby is a popular pegan pre-Islamic practice.

Muhammad/Islam adopted the practice with little modifications

1. Muslim kill the animal on the seventh day after birth
2. Muslim don't stain the head of the baby with the blood of the animal like the pegan use to do.

Summary

It is a culture that Muhammad met in his community and adopted into his religion. But many today's Muslim do not know and they are not ready to modernise their Islam to suit the current century because they are afraid of hell fire. Maybe they think their God is brutal
Hello, you do not have the knowledge of what you are yalking about, so, why are you misleading others with wrong information. You call yourself Xmuslim and you come on the platform like this to attack other people religion.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Reason For Cutting Baby's Hair In Islam? by Amaruk: 10:27am On Jun 26, 2020
Xmuslim:

Shaving children hair and killing animal as a sacrifice on behalf of the baby is a popular pegan pre-Islamic practice.

2. Muslim don't stain the head of the baby with the blood of the animal like the pegan use to do.

Summary

It is a culture that Muhammad met in his community and adopted into his religion. But many today's Muslim do not know and they are not ready to modernise their Islam to suit the current century because they are afraid of hell fire. Maybe they think their God is brutal

Ignorance at its peak
Shior

1 Like

Re: What Is The Reason For Cutting Baby's Hair In Islam? by Bunny19: 10:29am On Jun 26, 2020
Hndrrxxx:
So you say the Shahaadah just to come here and type this grin grin grin
U go fear the reasoning grin grin
Re: What Is The Reason For Cutting Baby's Hair In Islam? by jibsman: 10:31am On Jun 26, 2020
Continue insulting the Holy prophet till the anger of God bombard on you.
I pity your lives.
why why can't you focus on your own religion and leave Islam alone, must everyone be a christian?

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Reason For Cutting Baby's Hair In Islam? by Origin(f): 10:38am On Jun 26, 2020
Cleanliness is next to Godliness.

You can google the word Fitrah for better understanding.

Leviticus 14:8 may help. Bathe shaving are acts of cleanliness.

Circumcision too.

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Reason For Cutting Baby's Hair In Islam? by abdulizom(m): 10:39am On Jun 26, 2020
IT IS THE SUNNAH OF OUR BELOVED PROPHET, MUHAMMAD {SAW}.

IS IT HARMFUL DOING IT? = NO

AND WHAT PROBLEM DOES NON MUSLIM HAVE WITH A MUSLIM FOLLOWING THE PRACTICE OF HIS PROPHET?

ARE YOU DONE WITH THE COMMANDMENTS IN YOUR BIBLE?

THE HYPOCRISY OF THESE CHRISTIANS IS NEXT TO NONE.

THEY HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING TO DEROGATE ISLAM, ALLAH STANDS FOR HIS RELIGION.

THEY HAVE SEND SKYS TO STUDY ISLAM AND INFILTRATE IT WITH MANIPULATION, IT FAILED.

THEY HAVE CREATED TALIBAN, ISIS AND OTHER TERRORIST GROUPS TO BAD NAMED ISLAM, ALLAH CONTINUES TO SPREAD IT LIKE WILDFIRE EVEN IN THEIR DOOR STEP.

THEY BEGAN TO WONDER OF ITS SWIFT SPREAD AFTER ALL THE BLACKMAILING EFFORTS.

THEY FORGOT TO UNDERSTAND THAT IS ONLY THE TRUTH THAT LAST AND INCREASE.

MAY ALLAH BE PREASE TILL ETERNITY

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Reason For Cutting Baby's Hair In Islam? by FunFact: 10:48am On Jun 26, 2020
gentleibraheem:

Lol. How rational does it sound to modernise a religion. So it is now like a software you update to suit your desire
Didn’t Christianity do the same thing, from the Old to the New testament? and even some Christain churches in the 21st century now accept LGBT+ people, honestly every religion has to evolve bc the people are evolving. Islam is too barbaric to work out in this generation, people now have freedom of speech, women and children have rights now and gay people too have rights. Sorry but Islam needs to evolve. Inshallah brothers.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Reason For Cutting Baby's Hair In Islam? by Xmuslim: 10:56am On Jun 26, 2020
fjjc:

Hello, you do not have the knowledge of what you are yalking about, so, why are you misleading others with wrong information. You call yourself Xmuslim and you come on the platform like this to attack other people religion.

You have the knowledge right? Tell us the origin of the practice of shaving newborn

1 Like

Re: What Is The Reason For Cutting Baby's Hair In Islam? by Xmuslim: 10:57am On Jun 26, 2020
ObaOfIgbos:

You're not a Muslim but just to post nonsense that you're not sure of, you had to swear that
""I believe that there is no god/God but Allah and Muhammad is His Prophet."
Your Jesus will be so proud of you...

You saw the hadith right? Tell me the hadith is not authentic grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Reason For Cutting Baby's Hair In Islam? by Oizee(f): 10:58am On Jun 26, 2020
Xmuslim:

Summary

no wonder you became an xmuslim, u clearly had no idea of the religion, u only follow people to practice, probably ur family was.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Reason For Cutting Baby's Hair In Islam? by Xmuslim: 10:58am On Jun 26, 2020
Most Muslims are ignorant. They just follow their parents religion

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Reason For Cutting Baby's Hair In Islam? by Xmuslim: 11:02am On Jun 26, 2020
Oizee:
no wonder you became an xmuslim, u clearly had no idea of the religion, u only follow people to practice, probably ur family was.
you probably don't know the origin of hijab too.
Should I bring the hadith? grin

1 Like

Re: What Is The Reason For Cutting Baby's Hair In Islam? by Xmuslim: 11:06am On Jun 26, 2020
gentleibraheem:

Lol. How rational does it sound to modernise a religion. So it is now like a software you update to suit your desire

I did not manufacture the hadith. Check it yourself.

Do you know that hajj is also a modified version of pre-Islamic pegan practice.

Before Islam, Arab pegans cut the hand of thiefs

Many things are wrong with Islam, but muslims are too emotional to accept the truth. They have also being lied to.

Even Qur'an you have today is not exactly what Muhammad recited. He will be surprised to see today's Qur'an

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Reason For Cutting Baby's Hair In Islam? by Xmuslim: 11:11am On Jun 26, 2020
Research independently about your religion and decide for yourself. Don't rely on Islamic sources only. Read wide and open your mind.

I left Islam after many years of research. I don't need to practice any religion to be a good person.

If there is a God, he will be rational enough to see the reason why you leave religion and judge you based on your goodness to fellow human and animals.

Do your own research. Stop being too sure. Stop being emotional

Good luck

Lesr I forget, Christianity is bull shit too. If you can't live without religion, I'm sorry, I can't help you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Reason For Cutting Baby's Hair In Islam? by Xmuslim: 11:13am On Jun 26, 2020
ObaOfIgbos:

Your face turns purple when you hear of the “atrocities” attributed to Allah, but you don’t even flinch when hearing about how god/Jehovah slaughtered all the babies of Egypt in “Exodus” and ordered the elimination of entire ethnic groups in “Joshua” including women, children, and trees!
Do you have sense at all?
sorry to dissappoint you, I care less about Christianity. Infact, I don't give a damn about any religion. They are all man made

However, there are good things in every religion. What I'm against is to attribute religion to God despite the flaws in religion
Re: What Is The Reason For Cutting Baby's Hair In Islam? by Xmuslim: 11:16am On Jun 26, 2020
gentleibraheem:

it's rational if you realise that they are all man made. Nothing is divine about Islam and other religions
Re: What Is The Reason For Cutting Baby's Hair In Islam? by Xmuslim: 11:19am On Jun 26, 2020
Elzakzaky:
Jesus is the way, the truth and the life. No one enters heaven except through him
be deceiving yourself. I think Christian are more funny than any other religion. Calling jesus a God. Like seriously.

Even the concept of original sin sucks.
Re: What Is The Reason For Cutting Baby's Hair In Islam? by Xmuslim: 11:19am On Jun 26, 2020
sunshineV:
I still don't understand why we practice Arabian culture when we have our own
it is a shame. We have been robbed
Re: What Is The Reason For Cutting Baby's Hair In Islam? by Xmuslim: 11:24am On Jun 26, 2020
MansSour:
1. It is established from the Sunnah that the head of the child is to be shaved on the seventh day after the birth:

From Samurah (radiyallaahu `anhu) that Allaah’s Messenger (salallaahu `alaihi wassallaam) said:

“A child is held in pledge by his `aqeeqah that is slaughtered on his behalf on the seventh day, and he is named and his head is shaved.”

One of the things that annoys me is when Muslims attribute something to Muhammad without acknowledging the Arab pegans that started the culture.

Even if this practice is beneficial (which I doubt), it was plagiarised from Arab pegans, no thanks to Muhammad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Reason For Cutting Baby's Hair In Islam? by Xmuslim: 11:39am On Jun 26, 2020
Many Muslims have not seen the hadith of the origin of baby shaving before today. Now they are mute grin

If you want, I can give you authentic hadith on the origin of hijab too, nothing is divine about hijab origin too.

I can give you authentic hadith about the Yemeni kaaba too, which Muhammad sent his boys to destroy. Kaaba isn't divine. It's a Arab shrine and Yemeni had a version too before Muhammad destroyed it.

We don't leave Islam because we hate it. We leave it because we realised it is not divine

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Reason For Cutting Baby's Hair In Islam? by gentleibraheem(m): 11:39am On Jun 26, 2020
Xmuslim:
it's rational if you realise that they are all man made. Nothing is divine about Islam and other religions

And here is a person who doesnt even believe in the concept of divinity as whole.
I'd like to tap in your line of thought regarding your action towards believing in a divine God
Re: What Is The Reason For Cutting Baby's Hair In Islam? by Oricha62(m): 11:40am On Jun 26, 2020
. It is established from the Sunnah that the head of the child is to be shaved on the seventh day after the birth:

From Samurah (radiyallaahu `anhu) that Allaah’s Messenger (salallaahu `alaihi wassallaam) said:

“A child is held in pledge by his `aqeeqah that is slaughtered on his behalf on the seventh day, and he is named and his head is shaved.”

Reported by Ahmad (7/5), Abu Dawood (2838), At-Tirmidhee (1522). It was graded Saheeh by: At-Tirmidhee, Al-Haakim, Abdur-Razzaaq Al-Ishbeelee and others.

Salmaan Ibn `Aamir Ad-Dabbee (radiyallaahu ‘anhu) said that: I heard Allaah’s Messenger (salallaahu `alaihi wassallam) say:

“For the child there is an `aqeeqah, so spill blood on his behalf (i.e. slaughter an animal) and remove from him harm.”

Al-Bukhaaree (5472), Abu Dawood (2839).

Al-Hasan Al-Basree (d. 110H, rahimahullaah) said:

“The removal of harm is shaving the head.”

Reported by Abu Dawood (2840).

Ibn Abdil-Barr said in At-Tamheed (4/318) said:

“As for the shaving of the head of the child at the time of `aqeeqah, then the scholars used to recommend that – and it is established from the Prophet (salallaahu `alaihi wassallam) in the hadeeth regarding the `aqeeqah, ‘His head is shaved and he is named.'”

2. Some benefits concerning the shaving of the head of a baby:

Ibnul-Qayyim (rahimahullaah) said in At-Tuhfatul-Mawlood (p.121):

“Removing the harm from him, and the removal of weak hair so that stronger hair replaces it, which is firmer than what was there before, and it is better for one’s head. Alongside that there is relief for the child, and opening of the pores in the scalp so that the unpleasant vapour may escape with ease. And in that there is a strengthening of the eyesight, the nasal passage and the hearing.”

3. An issue: Should the hair of a baby girl be shaved?

In this there is some differing between the Scholars, but what is apparent is that the head of the baby girl is also to be shaved for the following reasons:

Maalik Ibn Anas (d.179H, rahimahullaah) narrated in Al-Muwatta (2/501) from Ja`far Ibn Muhammad, from his father who said:

“Faatimah the daughter of Allaah’s Messenger (salallaahu `alaihi wassallam) weighed the hair of Hasan, Husayn, Zaynab and Umm Kulthoom, and she gave its weight in silver as charity.”

This narration is mursal-saheeh (authentic except for the fact that there is a narrator missing) – however, there is within it Muhammad Ibn Al-Husayn Ibn `Alee Ibn Abee Taalib (radiyallaahu `anhumaa) who narrates this from his family, and he is more knowledgeable concerning them. And this is supported by the statement of the Messenger (salallaahu `alaihi wassallam):

“And shave his head.”

Furthermore the Prophet (salallaahu `alaihi wassallam) explained the wisdom behind removing the hair of the new-born because it is harmful saying: “And remove from him harm.”

So this encompasses every new-born, whether it be male or female, and Allaah knows best.
Re: What Is The Reason For Cutting Baby's Hair In Islam? by Xmuslim: 11:45am On Jun 26, 2020
gentleibraheem:

And here is a person who doesnt even believe in the concept of divinity as whole.
I'd like to tap in your line of thought regarding your action towards believing in a divine God

I'm agnostic about God. I don't know if he exist but I'm willing to accept that there is probably someone behind everything we see in the world today, including ourselves.

Despite this, I can't accept religion because of flaws I found in them.

Even if there is a God or group of gods, I don't think he want anyone to worship him. I have not found a religion book that is clean from flaws
Re: What Is The Reason For Cutting Baby's Hair In Islam? by Oricha62(m): 11:50am On Jun 26, 2020
GLORY BE TO ALLAH,THE LORD OF THE WORD.
I can not figure it out the reason why some christians have to claimed to be muslim just post or comment on Islamic articles.
To my muslim brothers ,please lets reply their abusive comments with a good ones.
Re: What Is The Reason For Cutting Baby's Hair In Islam? by gentleibraheem(m): 11:51am On Jun 26, 2020
Xmuslim:

I did not manufacture the hadith. Check it yourself.

Do you know that hajj is also a modified version of pre-Islamic pegan practice.

Before Islam, Arab pegans cut the hand of thiefs

Many things are wrong with Islam, but muslims are too emotional to accept the truth. They have also being lied to.

Even Qur'an you have today is not exactly what Muhammad recited. He will be surprised to see today's Qur'an

I love the fact that you research so much about Islam. And this makes my job easier.
Now most of your posts are based on the need to dissociate self from pre Islamic Arab paganism. However, one step further is what make the picture a bit blur to you and that is going beyond pre pre Islamic Arabs.
Now did you know that most of what the pagan Arabs practice before the holy prophet Muhammad is a corruption of what prophet Ibrahim practices before his death?.
Now check out the origin of ka'abah, hajj, and other Islamic doctrine which seem like a little moderation to the pre Islamic paganism. And you'd realise that it is not a moderation, but a sort of correction and reinstitution of the lost Ibrahim's practices

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Help A Dying Muslim During And After Death / Things You Didnt Know About The Kaaba / Which Name Will You Like Your Spouse To Call You ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.