Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,282 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:19 AM

Sc Or As Blood Genotype - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Sc Or As Blood Genotype (22025 Views)

My Parents Both Have Blood Genotype AA But My Lab Test Is Showing AS / Blood Genotype; Can "O Blood Group Get Married To Wat Genotype?? / Can An "AC" Blood Genotype Go With an "AS" Genotype? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sc Or As Blood Genotype by stone07(m): 12:10pm On Jan 27, 2011
Please,i want someone to educate me on SC blood genotype.Is there anything like that and can someone with AA marry S.C. genotype.What will be the outcome when AA and SC marries.
Re: Sc Or As Blood Genotype by tpia6: 1:25pm On Jan 27, 2011
/
Re: Sc Or As Blood Genotype by MaJBlige(f): 2:00pm On Jan 27, 2011
which one be s.c.?
Re: Sc Or As Blood Genotype by gj: 3:54pm On Jan 27, 2011
There are different types of Hemoglobin; among them are Hemoglobin A, Hemoglobin S and Hemoglobin C. Hemoglobin C is very rare. Everyone must have a pair of these hemoglobin in their blood, each inherited from both parents. The pairing might be in any of the following formations: AA, AS, AC, SC,SS OR CC.

A man with AA can marry anyone without any problem (medically); likewise the woman.

A man or woman with AS or AC or SS or SC or CC (very rare) cannot marry each other, if they want to avoid SS or SC. They must marry a partner with AA, if they don't want to born a child with Sickle call syndrome. If AS or AC marry each other, they have 25% chance of having a sickle child at every birth. If they marry SS or SC, they have 50% chance of having a sickle cell child at every birth. If SS or SC marry each other, all their children will have Sickle cell

SC and SS are almost the same only that SS suffers more severe crisis than SC carrier. You might not notice the presence of the disease on the body of SC carrier, unlike in SS.
Re: Sc Or As Blood Genotype by stone07(m): 9:31am On Jan 28, 2011
Thanks for the reply.I was told that SC is common in Ghana side but this lady's parents are Nigerian,although she told me her mum grew up in Ghana,so how come this lady is SC?
Is it possible for someone's genotype to change from one to another if you grew up or spend many years in another part of the world and again, how risky is it if AA marries SC in terms of their offspring.
Re: Sc Or As Blood Genotype by menek(m): 1:05pm On Jan 28, 2011
It's not possible for genotype to change after sometime. once inherited, it is inherited. It can't be change by changing environment. Note, that Ac is prevalent in Ghana do not mean it is perculiar to Ghanaian alone. That's the genotype she inherited from her Nigerian parent. AA and SC, the offspring will definately be AC or AS less risky but carriers
Re: Sc Or As Blood Genotype by stone07(m): 1:53pm On Jan 28, 2011
Pls if a lady is SC how would the person looks like in terms of her heath,body stature,colour of the eye.
Re: Sc Or As Blood Genotype by menek(m): 3:19pm On Jan 28, 2011
Normal as every other human, even people with SS you hardly judge by physical appearance. If one is AC or AS it only means the C or S haemoglobin is susceptible to attack as compare to the A haemoglobin and do not in any way imply one is a lower human
Re: Sc Or As Blood Genotype by gj: 4:13pm On Jan 28, 2011
The only thing that can change the genotype is an intentional act like Bone Marrow transplant. This technology has been proven to be the only permanent cure to SS; however, it is new, very expensive and cannot be done in any part of Africa, and carries some risks. Naturally, environment or time cannot change genotype. Note: Divine Miracle can change it as well - it has happened in my face.

Again, some SS carriers may start experiencing crisis at late age (as late as 40s). If these sets of people go for test in a quack lab, definitely the lab technician will assume AA or AS since the person is not having the symptom. Later in life it will become obvious when the symptom have come up, and another lab technician will report SS.
Re: Sc Or As Blood Genotype by babamusty: 12:06am On Jul 01, 2012
Thank you 4 ur contribution.we need scientific/medical facts but not religion/miraculous experience as it does not provide a general or common solution that can be studied or understood by man.
Re: Sc Or As Blood Genotype by Benettah: 10:17pm On Nov 17, 2013
I just found out that I'm CC. What are the implications?thank you
Re: Sc Or As Blood Genotype by tunjiiBEST(m): 6:56pm On Oct 01, 2014
Pls I need your advice urgently pls. Can a guy of AS genotype go ahead and marry SC lady, what can b their offspring outcome. Thanks
Re: Sc Or As Blood Genotype by Jhayeahsam01(m): 7:24am On Jan 22, 2020
tunjiiBEST:
Pls I need your advice urgently pls. Can a guy of AS genotype go ahead and marry SC lady, what can b their offspring outcome. Thanks

no try am

(1) (Reply)

Ben Ayade: If You Wear Face Mask, No Need For Social Distancing (Video) / I Was Blackmailed For Allegedly Putting Ucth Funds In Mmm— Prof. Agan, Cmd / COVID-19 Update For September 15 2020 In Nigeria - (35,725 Tested)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.