Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,162 members, 7,825,636 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:30 PM

How I Overcame Marijuana Addiction (Weed) - Health (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How I Overcame Marijuana Addiction (Weed) (35053 Views)

My Challenges With Rhesus Factor In Pregnancy And How I Overcame It / Thousands Of Smokers Celebrates Annual Holiday Of Marijuana In The U.S.(Pics) / Different Types Of Marijuana (weed) And Effects On Body (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Overcame Marijuana Addiction (Weed) by mayim(m): 7:21am On Jun 21, 2020
I’ve seen the hold marijuana has over my friends from way back in the university, I might have womanized and being a bit of an alcoholic but I stood my ground to never do weed, I was introduced endlessly but I didn’t. I’ve even limited my alcohol to the barest minimum. All I needed was a brief but intense illness, I saw my life flash before my very eyes then I decided to cut down greatly on alcohol. Many of these my guys are now well placed in the society but still battling the weed addiction. One almost lost his job recently as branch manager of a very big bank. He gets to work very early, locks himself in one unused office and smokes away. Another colleague who was new came early and met him right there, she panicked and told another colleague and that was it. Took Gods intervention to give him a second chance. The irony of this all is that some ppl having seen this thread will still decide to try weed. Don’t even start it, that’s the key. I hear how some ppl go on and on about the health benefits of marijuana and all, it may be used for some healthy products but that type has gone through lots of refining as opposed to the raw and direct one widely used. Stop justifying nonsense and get yourself a better life. Something you can’t confidently do in public is not worth it afterall

4 Likes

Re: How I Overcame Marijuana Addiction (Weed) by ObinnaObinna(m): 7:22am On Jun 21, 2020
ArisingStorm:

So you really wanna depend on a plant all your life right? You are limiting your potential Man. You can perform far more without the plant. But you won't agree. The plant will only limit you within the cloud you create for yourself above your head.

The general misconception is that it's the weed smokers that are always stupid, stubborn and never listen. But from your comment I can see that you're trying to take that crown by all means. Congrats.
I'm sure I didn't even imply that I use Marijuana too much neither did I say that I depend on marijuana.
I am very intentional about my use of marijuana and I have NEVER used it just because I want to get high. I only use it occasionally to relieve stress.
But I don't know what you read that prompted you to spill all the rubbish you just say.
It's very obvious that you are a really ignorant person. You don't know anything solid about marijuana - just what you've heard from others.
Re: How I Overcame Marijuana Addiction (Weed) by wickyyolo: 7:23am On Jun 21, 2020
DICKstractor:

Thanks for the mention...
Sometimes I imagine how cloud 9 will be like when smoking weed. Definitely, smoking weed is not worth it. I have been tempted severally by friends but I have principles. Principles that when I set, even peers pressure can't Arrow me to do otherwise.
To all the smokers there that wants to beat the addiction, you can do it. Don't give in to the thought that says you can't do it. The changes doesn't come instantly, it comes gradually. You just need to be determined and willing to stop.

Weed has helped me . If not for marijuana I would have committed suicide. I don’t regret it. But it’s not good for others.
Nowadays I smoke once in 2weeks because I’m grown.
Only week people get addicted

1 Like

Re: How I Overcame Marijuana Addiction (Weed) by ArisingStorm: 7:28am On Jun 21, 2020
ObinnaObinna:

The general misconception is that it's the weed smokers that are always stupid, stubborn and never listen. But from your comment I can see that you're trying to take that crown by all means. Congrats.
I'm sure I didn't even imply that I use Marijuana too much neither did I say that I depend on marijuana.
I am very intentional about my use of marijuana and I have NEVER used it just because I want to get high. I only use it occasionally to relieve stress.
But I don't know what you read that prompted you to spill all the rubbish you just say.
It's very obvious that you are a really ignorant person. You don't know anything solid about marijuana - just what you've heard from others.
Nah, relax, I am very well aware of the medicinal benefits, You are advicing people to take weed from your words and you aren't aware of their health status, that's the problem I have with you. You keep inviting them to your diary. If you say am ignorant, then no problem. But please stop prescribing drugs to people without being aware of their inner strength to manage the drug. Everyone is not like you, I need no crown, just don't want my bro/sis to go through my pain. We cool bro, no war.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Overcame Marijuana Addiction (Weed) by ObinnaObinna(m): 7:31am On Jun 21, 2020
FrMbaka:

When ever I smoke weed I smoke more cigarettes,
I can't smoke weed without having cigarettes on my side, cigarettes first... before food. I don't drink much.
Maybe that's my own system.
About your signature... OK

Okay. But that's why I said you have to be intentional about using weed to replace cigarettes.
You can buy weed instead of cigarettes. But don't even smoke the weed. Try to abstain from smoking as a whole. But whenever the urge to smoke is strong, smoke the available weed instead of buying cigarettes.
You have to realise that it's a gradual process. Your first step is to cut cigarettes out of your life.
Well, you know yourself and works for you. I'm just giving my suggestion.
Good luck, anyway.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Overcame Marijuana Addiction (Weed) by ObinnaObinna(m): 7:43am On Jun 21, 2020
ArisingStorm:

Nah, relax, I am very well aware of the medicinal benefits, You are advicing people to take weed from your words and you aren't aware of their health status, that's the problem I have with you. You keep inviting them to your diary. If you say am ignorant, then no problem. But please stop prescribing drugs to people without being aware of their inner strength to manage the drug. Everyone is not like you, I need no crown, just don't want my bro/sis to go through my pain. We cool bro, no war.

That is another place you are wrong.
Check all the people I mentioned you'll see that they're mostly already people that use weed.
I have not invited anybody to smoke weed, neither have my words implied so. I'm not looking for "new members".
I am an advocate for cannabis, it doesn't mean I want everybody to join me. Do what rocks your boat.
The only people I explicitly told to use weed are the two people struggling with cigarette and alcohol addiction.
I am against addiction in all its forms and I have told even people addicted to marijuana to quit smoking it.
My goal is to educate people, tell them the truth about marijuana and not to look for people who will join me in smoking.
Re: How I Overcame Marijuana Addiction (Weed) by ArisingStorm: 7:45am On Jun 21, 2020
ObinnaObinna:

That is another place you are wrong.
Check all the people I mentioned you'll see that they're mostly already people that use weed.
I have not invited anybody to smoke weed, neither have my words implied so. I'm not looking for "new members".
I am an advocate for cannabis, it doesn't mean I want everybody to join me. Do what rocks your boat.
The only people I explicitly told to use weed are the two people struggling with cigarette and alcohol addiction.
I am against addiction in all its forms and I have told even people addicted to marijuana to quit smoking it.
My goal is to educate people, tell them the truth about marijuana and not to look for people who will join me in smoking.
I apologize, and thank you.
Re: How I Overcame Marijuana Addiction (Weed) by Gemez: 8:00am On Jun 21, 2020
Its too long Abeg
He do u piple read it xef
Re: How I Overcame Marijuana Addiction (Weed) by Fucsheetup(f): 8:03am On Jun 21, 2020
ArisingStorm:

You are not calm, work on that. I'm your brother. Don't get easily aggravated and angry, relax. Christianity is a religion. The Bible is not a Religion book. Your research should be on the True Biblical hebrew Israelite. Don't use Google when researching for deep hidden informations, Google works with the elites that programs the mind of men. I use Duckduckgo, and please don't go to the dark web. Don't fall for all the lies of Vatican/Christianity. Don't.
LMAO!

Oh my word.

Re: How I Overcame Marijuana Addiction (Weed) by GorkoDimo: 8:07am On Jun 21, 2020
A Senior Colleague a Major, started Weeds as a 34 year Old Captain, that was when he started Alcohol too, Until then he was a refined Officer never does anything not even Cigarettes today he takes Alcohol every day and Sometimes Weeds, I scared the shit outta me if at 34 someone can derail then it has to be God's mercy for us to remain clean. Oh he is Married with two beautiful boys.
I want to advice him but fear no gree do me. I just dey look am somehow.

May God safe, protect and grant us Victory over intoxicants for truly Victory is from God alone.

1 Like

Re: How I Overcame Marijuana Addiction (Weed) by Fucsheetup(f): 8:08am On Jun 21, 2020
mayim:
I’ve seen the hold marijuana has over my friends from way back in the university, I might have womanized and being a bit of an alcoholic but I stood my ground to never do weed, I was introduced endlessly but I didn’t. I’ve even limited my alcohol to the barest minimum. All I needed was a brief but intense illness, I saw my life flash before my very eyes then I decided to cut down greatly on alcohol. Many of these my guys are now well placed in the society but still battling the weed addiction. One almost lost his job recently as branch manager of a very big bank. He gets to work very early, locks himself in one unused office and smokes away. Another colleague who was new came early and met him right there, she panicked and told another colleague and that was it. Took Gods intervention to give him a second chance. The irony of this all is that some ppl having seen this thread will still decide to try weed. Don’t even start it, that’s the key. I hear how some ppl go on and on about the health benefits of marijuana and all, it may be used for some healthy products but that type has gone through lots of refining as opposed to the raw and direct one widely used. Stop justifying nonsense and get yourself a better life. Something you can’t confidently do in public is not worth it afterall
So, What will you say about Canadians who can smoke in public?
Re: How I Overcame Marijuana Addiction (Weed) by Fucsheetup(f): 8:08am On Jun 21, 2020
ArisingStorm:

You really can't understand, From your words I can see that. Don't stress yourself my brother. I perfectly understand you. But an advice, don't dwell on the knowledge you have, continually seek the truth till the end. Religion is just a tool created by men for various wicked purposes. You think the bible is a religious book? , do I sound like a religion brainwashed person to you? Or you believe all the lies this westerners have used to enslaved the minds of men? Try to consider my advice. You won't be able to comprehend my words. Not pride, just sincerity.
Good laugh my man!

Thanks for making my morning with these words.

Re: How I Overcame Marijuana Addiction (Weed) by Fucsheetup(f): 8:21am On Jun 21, 2020
Firstnebo:

The way you guys say "scientists that produce the tool you are holding in your hand to type this rubbish". As if it's only atheistic scientists that produces useful things.

For your information, most of the technology in the world today, yesterday, and tomorrow are produced by God believing scientists!

Atheism is a new thing. It's actually a new religion. Part of the sign of the last days.

You all giving God more and more legal evidences to remove wicked people from this world soon.

You talked about the awesomeness of our brains and the splendour of the spacious heavens. In your mind that's the evidence of no God, abi?

In mathematical probability, the excellence, harmony, and consistency found in nature is beyond chance. God is behind it Ma.

You want to explain God away with this your confused brain that is not even yet able to explain itself to enough satisfaction
What God is behind it then? Allah, Buddha or Jehovah? Imagine calling me confused. You cannot for the life of you respond to my question, but I’m guessing you’ll say Jehovah?
Okay, I respect your belief and I’m not trying to promote atheism, I’m simply asking him to study his brain and study the universe. Which if you had any education about, you would know if a God created this universe we are not the center of his creation. The Splendor of the spacious heavens should scare you silly, you seem to have no idea just how endless it is, how you are not the center of the universe.

Okay, mention 10 religious scientists that contributed to the technology we have today and their various religions. Educate me.
Re: How I Overcame Marijuana Addiction (Weed) by Shuggaa: 8:59am On Jun 21, 2020
wizod:
shut up your mouth, there is no single gain in smoking

Alright, go and wash plate for your mother this morning for your next meal.bye

2 Likes

Re: How I Overcame Marijuana Addiction (Weed) by 2cribz: 10:05am On Jun 21, 2020
U are gradually going mental. You dont lnow yet.
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

It is very obvious Bros op is not a real niggarrr

Real niggarrrz don't quit
And quitters are not real niggarrrz

As for me and the rest of my real niggarrrz
We are going to smoke till the end of time

1 Like

Re: How I Overcame Marijuana Addiction (Weed) by dakpontoglobal: 10:46am On Jun 21, 2020
Addiction is an energy and can be redirected rightly... let me be your guide...follow @Instagram Dakpontoglobal or email
dakpontoglobal@gmail.com
Re: How I Overcame Marijuana Addiction (Weed) by Firstnebo: 11:16am On Jun 21, 2020
Fucsheetup:
What God is behind it then? Allah, Buddha or Jehovah? Imagine calling me confused. You cannot for the life of you respond to my question, but I’m guessing you’ll say Jehovah?
Okay, I respect your belief and I’m not trying to promote atheism, I’m simply asking him to study his brain and study the universe. Which if you had any education about, you would know if a God created this universe we are not the center of his creation. The Splendor of the spacious heavens should scare you silly, you seem to have no idea just how endless it is, how you are not the center of the universe.

Okay, mention 10 religious scientists that contributed to the technology we have today and their various religions. Educate me.

I want to comment on whether the infiniteness and spaciousness of heavens should scare me silly.

Actually it gives me hope and joy. It's a testament to the truthfulness of the words recorded in Ecclesiastes 3:11 He [Jehovah God] has made everything beautiful in its time. He has even put eternity in their heart; yet mankind will never find out the work that the true God has made from start to finish.

God has put eternity in our hearts and the universe so that we can actually live forever, learn forever, and not become bored.

1 Like

Re: How I Overcame Marijuana Addiction (Weed) by Fucsheetup(f): 12:18pm On Jun 21, 2020
Firstnebo:

I want to comment on whether the infiniteness and spaciousness of heavens should scare me silly.

Actually it gives me hope and joy. It's a testament to the truthfulness of the words recorded in Ecclesiastes 3:11 He [Jehovah God] has made everything beautiful in its time. He has even put eternity in their heart; yet mankind will never find out the work that the true God has made from start to finish.

God has put eternity in our hearts and the universe so that we can actually live forever, learn forever, and not become bored.
undecided
Re: How I Overcame Marijuana Addiction (Weed) by Firstnebo: 12:22pm On Jun 21, 2020
Fucsheetup:

About the scientists that believed in God. What I expected was for you to search these answers by yourself.

The question of whether there's God or not is a serious issue with great consequences, therefore anyone acknowledging this would always seek to know more beyond the place of debates.

But because you have asked, I will be leaving you with lists of some of these scientists from respected sites like Wikipedia, Forbes, etc

However, it might interest you to know that Charles Darwin, one of the top Original Proposers of the Theory of Evolution, (with his book "The Origin of the Species" ), was famously quoted as saying, "I have never been an atheist in the sense to deny the existence of God". So even he believed there is a God

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christians_in_science_and_technology

https://www.beliefnet.com/inspiration/galleries/5-inventions-that-were-god-inspired-ideas.aspx

https://www.famousscientists.org/great-scientists-christians/

https://www.famousscientists.org/25-famous-scientists-who-believed-in-god/

1 Like

Re: How I Overcame Marijuana Addiction (Weed) by Hermes119: 2:06pm On Jun 21, 2020
ObinnaObinna:

The truth is that weed has some negative effects just like most other substances but the benefits greatly outweigh the risks.

Engage me

What are the benefits of weed ?
Re: How I Overcame Marijuana Addiction (Weed) by Hermes119: 2:13pm On Jun 21, 2020
Omar09:
I see how you guys are writing down Marijuana but seems to forget that it's also medicinal. Marijuana can't make you useless. Rather it enhances anything within its reach in the body. Any man who wants to be useless will be whether he smokes Marijuana or not. It's a choice to be useless. I stopped smoking not because I was getting useless, but because it affected my health negatively (I had inflammation of the lungs).

The lungs is key to survival and just because I would feel high I would consciously take a substance that would damage my lungs in EXCESS isn't that evidence that I'm being controlled by my desire and not by sound reasoning
What else is addiction

Not a personal attack on u bro I just wanted to expand what u said

1 Like

Re: How I Overcame Marijuana Addiction (Weed) by Hermes119: 2:15pm On Jun 21, 2020
Johel:
[ :-Xsup][/sup]

Stop blaming weed man,weed ain't for kids...i been smoking for years and nothing changed except the fact that I'm becoming a better person in life,better job,minding my business,focusing on what's important,taking charge of responsibilities nicely,understanding what life is all about and being humble and kind regardless of all the odds in today's society...what doesn't work for u might work for another..

Something must kill a man,be you a smoker or not...people abuse things and that's the problem,if you are wise and you down with weed,you bcom wiser,but if you dumb and you get down with weed,sorry is your case cos the dumbness will be first class...Smoke weed moderately,eat healthy,do your exercises,get good rest and sleep,drink lota water etc and you gon live like an immortal,I'm 30 and looking 23...so op,sorry your write up is trash...Thank you.

How many times do u smoke in a week ?
Re: How I Overcame Marijuana Addiction (Weed) by Hermes119: 2:26pm On Jun 21, 2020
ObinnaObinna:

I don't think weed is 100% harmless tho.
But the truth is that the 'side effects' are very negligible when you put them side by side with all the good things weed give you.
People just give weed a bad name because the truth has been hidden from them for so long.

Check my signature. I just started a diary about my journey with weed.
I like u bro u seem to know a lot about weed,roger me

What are the benefits of weed ?
Re: How I Overcame Marijuana Addiction (Weed) by aytigidz433(m): 2:29pm On Jun 21, 2020
I've smoked weed for a while now and I swear it has been quite an experience. I've gone through my guilt stage and I've come out d other side better (my POV). I actually pace myself sometimes a tiny can be smoked like twice or thrice, everything done in moderation. It helps me get through unsavory chores or assignments and I know it, weed, usually gets a bad rap but there are worse addictions out there. Salt, sugar, pepper, sex hard drugs etc. I know one day I'll outgrow the phase, and to each his/her own. I guess my advice for all vices is: no go dey do pass yourself...
Re: How I Overcame Marijuana Addiction (Weed) by Hermes119: 2:30pm On Jun 21, 2020
mayim:

The thing is even when u share life stories some people would maintain that were is harmless,weed makes people feel nice we know but then it has its own problems,yes it may be because we are weak and we can't do it in moderation but fam weed has its own problems and they are very huge

1 Like

Re: How I Overcame Marijuana Addiction (Weed) by mindtricks: 5:06pm On Jun 21, 2020
Hmm.
Re: How I Overcame Marijuana Addiction (Weed) by Omar09(m): 7:47pm On Jun 21, 2020
Hermes119:

The lungs is key to survival and just because I would feel high I would consciously take a substance that would damage my lungs in EXCESS isn't that evidence that I'm being controlled by my desire and not by sound reasoning
What else is addiction

Not a personal attack on u bro I just wanted to expand what u said

Never saw it as an attack.

Someone with a good lungs can go with it and not get sick. Eating it is safer.
Re: How I Overcame Marijuana Addiction (Weed) by juicethekiddd: 12:35pm On Jun 22, 2020
dalass:

The permanent repercussion as can seen is on your personal text from your profile. shocked
I know u dumb or prolly depressed .. at least pretend to have sense
Re: How I Overcame Marijuana Addiction (Weed) by dalass(f): 12:57pm On Jun 22, 2020
juicethekiddd:

I know u dumb or prolly depressed .. at least pretend to have sense

'Pretend to sense' like having " murder on my mind"?

Yaba left people full NL sha grin grin grin
Re: How I Overcame Marijuana Addiction (Weed) by juicethekiddd: 1:16pm On Jun 22, 2020
dalass:

'Pretend to sense' like having " murder on my mind"?
Yaba left people full NL sha grin grin grin
I have told u you pretend and stop disgracing your generation
Re: How I Overcame Marijuana Addiction (Weed) by juicethekiddd: 3:01pm On Jun 22, 2020
Preshieben:
Tasted it once after be convinced by my friends (male friends Sha)
My head spins
I felt so weak that I slept the whole day and even the next day
And people are addicted to such?
God forbid
my dear its not 4 u
ur head too light

1 Like

Re: How I Overcame Marijuana Addiction (Weed) by juicethekiddd: 3:02pm On Jun 22, 2020
Djamel:
My problem is not to stop smoking.... Weed forever man.
My problem is, how do i get rid of black smokers lips.
two words get rich

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

UBTH Releases Woman Detained For 6 Months Over Unpaid Hospital Bills (Photos) / Don't Panic, That's Your Anatomy! / Kano Doctor Transfuses Woman With HIV Infected Blood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.