Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,014 members, 7,828,573 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:32 AM

Rotimi Jolayemi Released Released After 45 Days In Detention - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rotimi Jolayemi Released Released After 45 Days In Detention (18857 Views)

Rotimi Jolayemi's Poem About Lai Mohammed That Got Him Arrested (Listen) / Dorcas Jolayemi: Police Detained Me Because My Husband Criticised Lai Mohammed / Moses Jolayemi: Buhari Doesn't Know How To Send Text Message (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rotimi Jolayemi Released Released After 45 Days In Detention by Ijawwomaninoyo: 9:05pm On Jun 19, 2020
BlowYourMind:
Too bad his right was trampled upon

No right here, let's say the truth, it wasn't constructive criticism. He said having a child like Lai is equivalent to a loss. He called out Lai's parents too, Lai is even older than him. He used some uncouth words which weren't right.

1 Like

Re: Rotimi Jolayemi Released Released After 45 Days In Detention by morris477(m): 9:05pm On Jun 19, 2020
Government of dictatorship
Re: Rotimi Jolayemi Released Released After 45 Days In Detention by africandollar: 9:05pm On Jun 19, 2020
Person wey no understand Yoruba no go understand the high degree of yabis + curses wey dis guy take abuse Lai, Buhari and his concubine for the yarns wey him yarn. True true ehn as he dey give dem gbas gbos the ting jus dey sweet me for belle grin
Re: Rotimi Jolayemi Released Released After 45 Days In Detention by Lolosticlolo(m): 9:06pm On Jun 19, 2020
Another suing coming up
Re: Rotimi Jolayemi Released Released After 45 Days In Detention by Maxymilliano(m): 9:07pm On Jun 19, 2020
In a sane environment where Judiciary haven't been tampered with by politician, It would have been ideal for him to seek redress in court of law but in this current regime where freedom of expression is seen as a privilege, he should just go and mind his speech henceforth.
Re: Rotimi Jolayemi Released Released After 45 Days In Detention by Fragility6: 9:09pm On Jun 19, 2020
Ijawwomaninoyo:

No right here, let's say the truth, it wasn't constructive criticism. He said having a child like Lai is equivalent to a loss. He called out Lai's parents too, Lai is even older than him. He used some uncouth words which weren't right.
wen e reach dier turn u wan preach respect but none of diz respect dey wen all of dem were insulting GEJ. Nigerians n double standards.Spits

1 Like

Re: Rotimi Jolayemi Released Released After 45 Days In Detention by Pickieox(m): 9:09pm On Jun 19, 2020
Shedrack777:
he should detained again. its good for his health

Don't behave like a slowpoke...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rotimi Jolayemi Released Released After 45 Days In Detention by rollandben(m): 9:13pm On Jun 19, 2020
Thats why Nigeria still remain on the old and backward circle, you could Fed goverment want the country to move forward, where the deprived broadcasters and citizen to unveil the truth!
is there an iota of truth in Lai Muhammed!!
is Lai muhammed not equal to the alleged task!!
Politicians keep rolling the country affair backwardness on a daily basics yet you want your citizen to quiet and keep dancing to your tone when your poeple keep dying of starvation!!
Ogun go kill every enemy of this dear country, una no go end well insha alah.
Re: Rotimi Jolayemi Released Released After 45 Days In Detention by africandollar: 9:14pm On Jun 19, 2020
Ijawwomaninoyo:

So what? He was communicating his annoyance and criticized Lai as it should be, even Trump had been called worse yet he didn't throw those who did in prison. If we say we practice true democracy then we shouldn't just pick and choose the part that favours just one side.

1 Like

Re: Rotimi Jolayemi Released Released After 45 Days In Detention by gassbee: 9:23pm On Jun 19, 2020
So he allowed his wife n brother to spend one full week in cell before he deemed it fit to show up at d station, i tot d guy was dat brave
Re: Rotimi Jolayemi Released Released After 45 Days In Detention by Enculer: 9:29pm On Jun 19, 2020
Yoruba muslim party
Re: Rotimi Jolayemi Released Released After 45 Days In Detention by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jun 19, 2020
They insult Donald trump nobody goes to jail!!! Democracy!! Na minister common minister!!

1 Like

Re: Rotimi Jolayemi Released Released After 45 Days In Detention by kunleham(m): 9:30pm On Jun 19, 2020
mikeycharles:
Freedom of speech does not exist in Nigeria
Actually there's freedom of speech, freedom after speech is what is not guaranteed!!!!
Re: Rotimi Jolayemi Released Released After 45 Days In Detention by AsawanaDgreat: 9:31pm On Jun 19, 2020
Thank God for him, but we must continue to criticize them weda they like it or not.
Re: Rotimi Jolayemi Released Released After 45 Days In Detention by Shedrack777: 9:32pm On Jun 19, 2020
kingreign:

It seems you're suffering from mental and psychological issues.
How can wrongful detention be good for one's health?
Since you assert that it's good for his health, I pray the same fate that befell him befall you too!

Amen.
lol.
were you not the people that vote them into power (him inclusive)? at least, you guys should taste your wrong vote. and a piece of advice for you: do not be quick to haul insult simply because you're hiding at the back of your keyboard
Re: Rotimi Jolayemi Released Released After 45 Days In Detention by Ijawwomaninoyo: 9:32pm On Jun 19, 2020
africandollar:

So what? He was communicating his annoyance and criticized Lai as it should be, even Trump had been called worse yet he didn't throw those who did in prison. If we say we practice true democracy then we shouldn't just pick and choose the part that favours just one side.

Abusing Lai's parents is wrong!

1 Like

Re: Rotimi Jolayemi Released Released After 45 Days In Detention by Shedrack777: 9:34pm On Jun 19, 2020
Pickieox:

Don't behave like a slowpoke...
. No. I'm Actually Behaving like Nairalanders
Re: Rotimi Jolayemi Released Released After 45 Days In Detention by janvier27(m): 9:34pm On Jun 19, 2020
I listened to that thing. It was very awful. He could have still passed his messages in a strong but sensible way. I wonder if there's no law under which he could have been tried and kept away for a longer time.
Re: Rotimi Jolayemi Released Released After 45 Days In Detention by Ijawwomaninoyo: 9:34pm On Jun 19, 2020
Fragility6:

wen e reach dier turn u wan preach respect but none of diz respect dey wen all of dem were insulting GEJ. Nigerians n double standards.Spits

You can spit on yourself, my comment is about the man insulting Lai's parents!

1 Like

Re: Rotimi Jolayemi Released Released After 45 Days In Detention by Pickieox(m): 9:37pm On Jun 19, 2020
Shedrack777:
. No. I'm Actually Behaving like Nairalanders

Lol, kontinu in your ministry...
Re: Rotimi Jolayemi Released Released After 45 Days In Detention by saxtaiwo: 9:43pm On Jun 19, 2020
A
Re: Rotimi Jolayemi Released Released After 45 Days In Detention by Oluwadare: 9:47pm On Jun 19, 2020
Zico5:
To be sincere, APC leaders are just wicked and callous. Despite the way this ugly mofo disgraced and downgraded GEJ and nobody queried him. What he gave out in large quantities is what he couldn't tolerate at all. May good God bless GEJ wherever he may be. GEJ may have his weekness but better these people by far.
I agree with you completely. funny part is, we adjudged President Jonathan as being weak unknown to most of us then that he was just being fatherly and democratic to us.

1 Like

Re: Rotimi Jolayemi Released Released After 45 Days In Detention by authority2006(m): 9:49pm On Jun 19, 2020
slimfit1:
God will punish those who detained him for speaking his views.

Look at your mouth, instead of you to learn from his case. He was calling someone a thief, recorded it and distributed it! Who does that and expect to go free? Where your rights ended is where someone else's starts. By the time he spends most of his time, effort and money on court case, he will understand that freedom of speech has limitations

1 Like

Re: Rotimi Jolayemi Released Released After 45 Days In Detention by Metalsmith(m): 9:49pm On Jun 19, 2020
The broadcaster viral audio song is an abuse of press freedom .I listened to the audio and it is full of abuse and character assassination on Mr Lai Muhammed .the audio lacks and facts or evidence of coruption against the minister .The broadcaster should be prosecuted and made to face the full wrath of the law.We don't want junk journalism.we want investigative reporting with sound professional ethics

1 Like

Re: Rotimi Jolayemi Released Released After 45 Days In Detention by authority2006(m): 9:52pm On Jun 19, 2020
Zico5:
To be sincere, APC leaders are just wicked and callous. Despite the way this ugly mofo disgraced and downgraded GEJ and nobody queried him. What he gave out in large quantities is what he couldn't tolerate at all. May good God bless GEJ wherever he may be. GEJ may have his weekness but better these people by far.

The longest any person has spent in detention in Nigeria for defamation was recorded by the guy/journalist governor Ayade put in prison. I guess Ayade is APC member?
My advice for you, don't call someone a thief, to the extent of recording yourself and distributing it if you don't want to end up in detention, court, then prison

1 Like

Re: Rotimi Jolayemi Released Released After 45 Days In Detention by authority2006(m): 9:54pm On Jun 19, 2020
mikeycharles:
Freedom of speech does not exist in Nigeria

Please, don't abuse freedom of speech. What he did wasn't under the freedom of speech. It is called defamation

1 Like

Re: Rotimi Jolayemi Released Released After 45 Days In Detention by LaIabobo: 9:56pm On Jun 19, 2020
Oh boy. This poem is an abuse of press freedom. People and the press gave always abused Lai Muhammed but this guy said too much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5Q-uk_MvdE&feature=youtu.be

1 Like

Re: Rotimi Jolayemi Released Released After 45 Days In Detention by Ayobami7(m): 9:59pm On Jun 19, 2020
hmmmm
Re: Rotimi Jolayemi Released Released After 45 Days In Detention by 2cul2care: 10:11pm On Jun 19, 2020
We all know we're in a military regime
Re: Rotimi Jolayemi Released Released After 45 Days In Detention by Jostoman: 10:20pm On Jun 19, 2020
slimfit1:
God will punish those who detained him for speaking his views.
and so shall it be.
Re: Rotimi Jolayemi Released Released After 45 Days In Detention by bejeria101(m): 10:28pm On Jun 19, 2020
This old man.better fly and not touch the ground because dem go lynch am when this mumu government commot for power. Airhead Oponu of no value.
Re: Rotimi Jolayemi Released Released After 45 Days In Detention by snowball11(m): 10:56pm On Jun 19, 2020
ENGINEERG:
What he said is so bad too, no one will take it lightly

And the one the foolish minister said to a sitting president and he wasn't arrested? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Senate Should Not Approve Military Action In Niger - Shehu Sani / Governor Ugwuanyi Observing The 3Day Fasting Declared In Enugu (pics) / Presidential Election Results Were Doctored In My Presence In Kaduna —PDP Agent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.